• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

CLOSED

bastion

just a little guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Waterdeep Hunt is a slightly modified version of Waterdeep Dragon Heist. If you've played Dragon Heist, you'll likely be familiar with the majority of the story, but I have created a homebrew villain and changed the story up everywhere the villain influences it.

You are a member of a group of friends, who have decided to become adventurers. You're still young and haven't faced any challenges yet, but you've come to the Yawning Portal in search of some work or at least some excitement.

The overall theme of the campaign is intrigue and investigation. There will be a lot of social encounters, with exploration and combat sprinkled in. When combat does come up, you are welcome to try and avoid it through social interaction or other methods. I tend to try and keep things lighthearted overall, but there will be some darker moments in this campaign. The city is dealing with gang violence and the party will get caught up in it to some degree.

Requirements
  • Discord for OOC communication and character management.
  • The ability to reply once a day, at minimum.
  • An interest in working with others and engaging the story.
  • Absolutely NO bigotry will be tolerated.
If you would like to play in this campaign, you must fill out this form: Player Application

Heya! Just throwing my interest out there as well, I'm just about to finish up the application, so should we DM them to you or do something else?

Heya! Just throwing my interest out there as well, I'm just about to finish up the application, so should we DM them to you or do something else?
I'm able to see the completed forms! I asked in the form for your discord since that will be how I contact you if you're accepted.

Aaaa sounds like fun. None of my existing characters really fit so... guess I'll have to do my favorite part of this game and come up with someone new, what a shame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lmk if my character doesn't fit, I'm open to playing a bunch of different types ✌️

lmk if my character doesn't fit, I'm open to playing a bunch of different types ✌️
Your character was fine, but I worry I wouldn't be able to meet your wants for sessions.

Last edited:
This seems interesting, I haven't had the best luck so far with PbP dnd attempts with all of adventures ending pretty early in the story. One easy combat encounter and it's over in a couple of them. I wish you luck since that player application form is really intimidating.

Your character was fine, but I worry I wouldn't be able to meet your wants for sessions.
Got it. If you're talking about my input to the "what's an ideal session" question I didn't take that as a need-to-have, it's just an ideal scenario. A typical session that I'd be happy with wouldn't be that wild. I'm really not hard to please I promise

Same here! Feel free to let me know if I need to change something. None of my character concepts are set in stone yet.
I don't feel we'd be a good match for DM and player.

Looks interesting, I've wanted to play Dragon Heist for a while! Are there open spots - if so, any particular role? I've got a couple of different characters I could use depending on what's needed.

Looks interesting, I've wanted to play Dragon Heist for a while! Are there open spots - if so, any particular role? I've got a couple of different characters I could use depending on what's needed.
I was just about to close apps, but we could fit one more in. The current roster is a cleric, a sorcerer, and a rogue.

I was just about to close apps, but we could fit one more in. The current roster is a cleric, a sorcerer, and a rogue.
Nice! I've got a storyteller bard I've been wanting to play for a while, if that would fit?

None of the classic front line tank classes that should give you a fun challenge in making encounters.

None of the classic front line tank classes that should give you a fun challenge in making encounters.
Haha yeah, I have some tank characters if we really need someone to switch in, but iirc Dragon Heist isn't super combat-focused so it should be alright

Haha yeah, I have some tank characters if we really need someone to switch in, but iirc Dragon Heist isn't super combat-focused so it should be alright
Yep it's more focused on investigation and intrigue, although there will be some combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back