• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Closed) When it all falls down...

Characters
Here
Ava

Ava let go a small yelp as Gillian unexpectedly pulled her into a hug and started his small speech. "Gillian I don't want you to think I'm asking you to change or anything. That's not what I mean okay?" Her arms snaked up between them so she could rest her hands against his face and gently force him to look down at her. "I just want you to be okay and safe okay? I want you to do what you need to do but I NEED you to stay safe through all of this. I'm worried about you okay? Just let me be worried." She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before letting go and stepping away from him with a sad smile on her red painted lips. "I promise I'll stay safe if you do too okay?" With that Ava moved to the door to leave and return back to the chaos before holding out her pinky to the tall male. The childish promise made her giggle a bit, especially when looking at the serious looking man in a suit as she did so.

--

When the first day ended Ava had to yell at the others before quickly ushering them into the car, they reeked of booze and that was the LAST thing they needed right now. She couldn't blame them for needing an escape but she COULD be mad they didn't invite her.

The second day was a lot more of the first. The only difference was that Ava spent a lot of time writing her notes for her presentation on day three. It was hard, picking and choosing what to share. For the most part she was prepared to be completely honest despite her own personal embarrassment... however she knew they would ask how she got out. That was the part that was scary. Ava decided to say a person who shall remain nameless took her home as a personal experiment and attacked him to escape and ran straight to Drake's home, hoping he was still a good person. That was the only way to keep Gillians name out of this whole mess... who knows what his dad would do if they found out.

"Huh?" Ava looked up from her plain toast and coffee when Lo spoke to her and sighed. "Right, no. I'm going to pretend like I don't know the guys name who took me out. Say I attacked him and ran. Hopefully that suffices." As Drake left the food court, Ava looked after him and a sudden thought started to creep into her mind. Where was everyone? Almost all of the people in the food court were people who opposed Sullivan and that wasn't normal. At this point they were only thirty minutes out from their first meeting of the day and usually this place was bustling by now.

Haru

Haru was a sore loser, so when she lost three times to Drake of course she was a little bitter. Once she sucked it up and gave him the kiss she felt her heart flutter and cheeks heat up. She tried to play it cool the rest of their time together but in all honesty the kiss stuck with her. It was hard to think of Drake as anything other than a friend before all this. Now she didn't know what to think.

When they got back to the hotel she hung back with Drake. As soon as everyone else left Drake kissed again. Time flew by after that. Before she knew it they were back in her room for the night. She wasn't mad about it at all! However, when she woke up and he was gone she felt a tinge of sadness.

For the next few days Drake avoided her. At first she was sad. After the second day, however, she quickly became pissed. The fuck was his problem? Her chocolate brown eyes watched as Drake stood up and walked off. Half of her thought to go after him and beat the shit out of him. The other half didn't want anything to do with him anymore. He clearly didn't care about her.

Haru didn't want to go to the meeting and she didn't want to see his face there. "I'm going ahead." She took care of her tray and walked out with a heavy sigh. She'd surely get shipped back home for skipping the meeting but fuck it, who cared at this point. She noticed the lack of people in attendance today before she froze at the sight of blood on the carpet. It wasn't even just a little blood; a trail of it led into the mens bathroom. "Hello?" Her heart beat anxiously as she followed the blood trail. Where was Drake? He had been paranoid about Sullivan for a while so she tried to stick around him to make him feel a little more safe. Did something happen to him while she wasn't around?

As she entered the inside of the bathroom the amount of blood there made her stomach churn. "Drake are you in here?" It looked like a body was dragged into the stall but she was too nervous to open it. She silently prayed to the Gods that it wasn't him.

Callie

While it wasn't the ideal honeymoon, trapped away in a hotel room, Callie wouldn't have traded it for anything. It was fun. They ate good food, watched funny movies, scary movies, and everything in between. They talked for hours, things she had never told anyone anything. It almost made Callie forget about all the trouble in their lives. She didn't want to go back to the Summit but she knew they didn't have a choice.

Callie stood in front of the mirror next to the TV and smoothed out her royal blue fitted dress. It was smooth, ironed, and complimented her thin frame and matched the royal blue heels she wore. Her long platinum hair was tied into a fishtail braid that fell all they way down her back. When Slade entered the room she turned to him with a sweet smile. He was handsome, sweet, and her best friend. And now her husband. It was crazy to think about. "I think it looks great on you. You clean up nice I must say." Callie walked over to him and smoothed out the sleeves on his arm before giving his hands a quick squeeze. "Looks like we're ready, huh? Quick like a band-aid, let's get this over with." This wasn't going to be pleasant. She was terrified...but with Slade there she felt like she could do anything.

With that said Callie held onto his hand for reassurance and walked down to the fellow rebels car, hopping in the back of it.

Gillian

It was hard to promise Ava something like that. Gillian was on the front lines and had one of the most dangerous positions in their world, how could he promise he'd keep himself safe? Still, he couldn't just turn her away. Instead he gave a sigh and wrapped his pinky around her. "I'll keep myself safe, you be sure to do the same though." With that said he returned to the hallway to go find his father.

It didn't take long for word of the wedding to spread. Gillian was, well, floored. He went through several stages of emotion. Anger was his first one. Homicidal was another. Sad, then guilty, some more anger, and then he cooled down. His father, however, remained angry. Whenever his father got angry he usually took out his frustrations on Gillian...this was no exception.

It was day three of the summit and his fathers rage had still not calmed down. He had turned his aggression into something dangerously constructive; looking into how Ava got out. Her story was fishy he said, there had to be more involved. So he made some calls, pieced two and two together. He knew he'd found out eventually but he had hoped it wouldn't have been so soon.

The morning of day three Sullivan had done something he hadn't done in forever; he had put his hands on Gillian. He slammed him into a wall, tried to punch him. Gillian had swore that he wouldn't take this from him again. He was strong now, he wasn't a child. Plus, he promised he'd be safe. So the two men fought. Each man got a few good blows in, but in the end Gillian ended up chopping off his fathers hand that he had used to beat him his whole life.

Gillian went to the summit as if nothing had happened, though he looked a tad rough. He had brushed the blood off of his black suit but he had a bruise and cut on his face, his lip was split and his eyebrow was cut. "Ah, breakfast time. Meal of the champions." Gillian plucked a water off of one of the carts and took a long drink. A heavy sigh passed his lips as he glanced around the room. "The newly weds get to skip today too or what?" Maybe they wouldn't notice his face?

Ava

Ava waved to Haru as she left before the rest of them and shoved another bite of breakfast in her mouth before turning to Lo and Marco. "Does it feel empty in here to you guys too? Weird right?" At the entrance to the food court Ava noticed motion out of the corner of her eye and turned to look, catching a glance at Gillian as he made his way towards one of the carts of food. As he turned back to the room and glanced around... she was able to get a full look at his face. He was far from their table but... that was a pretty wicked bruise. "Actually guys I'll meet you inside okay?" Without bothering to mess with her dishes, Ava quickly pushed away from the table and made her way over to where Gillian was standing.

"What did you do?" The words came breathlessly from her lips as she reached him and finally got a good look at his face. "I'm sorry... I mean... I - are you okay?" Ava let go a heavy sigh and reached up, gently dragging her thumb across the split on his lip and taking in all of the cuts and bruises. "Jesus Gil. You look like you got into a fight with a cat." Her hand dropped to her side and she clasped her opposite arm and she shifted uncomfortably. "Does it hurt? I mean too bad... clearly it hurts. Jesus Ava don't be stupid." She spoke the last part to herself under her breath.

Ava went to say they should probably get headed to the meeting room just when she was suddenly on the ground with her ears ringing. Something hurt or maybe everything hurt? Hell she couldn't tell at this point. She could hear screaming and booming noises but it sounded like she was twelve miles under water and struggling to listen. After some time... maybe seconds... maybe minutes... she finally sat up and began to look around her in confusion. People were running... people were motionless. There was the smell of fire in her nose and smoke coming from everywhere. Pieces of the opposite wall from where they had been standing was now in pieces and she could hear more explosions continuing elsewhere in the building. "Oh gods." Ava let out a gasp that caused her ribs to scream in pain but suddenly it dawned on her that she hadn't been standing alone. She moved to get up, struggling to see much from the pain affecting her and the smoke but she couldn't. "Gill?!" She screamed from where she sat on the ground, trying to push herself up onto her own to feet but struggling.

Lo

"Yeah of course." Lo gave Ava a polite smile as she walked off, following her with her eyes as she discovered the reason she shuffled away so quickly. "I don't see how she can deal with him so much... I mean after what she went through." She returned her gaze to the table she gave Marco a weak smile before taking a long drink of her coffee. "Not my place I suppose right?" She chuckled and ran a hand through her shoulder length red locks before standing up with her dishes. "Should we get going then? I just want this day to be over already."

Then it happened. The world went to even bigger shit around them. Suddenly Lo was flying through the air and hitting a table with such force it caused her vision to go fuzzy. All she could focus on was that her body felt numb and strange... foreign even. Slowly she fell from the table and down to the floor that was covered in dirt and shrapnel. It wasn't until she tried to move her legs to stand that she realized something was terribly wrong. It didn't hurt to move them... she couldn't FEEL them. She couldn't feel anything but a sickening pain in her lower back and then beyond that everything just felt numb. Like dead weight.

Slade

Slade peered out the window as they drove down the street towards the large building that housed their week long hell. "Don't let anyone make you feel small today okay? Hold your head high." He smiled earnestly down at Callie as he planted a quick kiss against her hair. In the front he heard the driver let out a low gasp before pulling over abruptly. To their side a few dozen cop cars and a firetruck went blazing by.

"What's happening?!" Slade questioned loudly as the others all started to panic. Everyone seemed to be just as confused as he was but he knew one thing for sure, he wasn't about to just walk away. Like it or not... Slade was loyal to his past as an officer. And now... he had someone he wanted to keep safe no matter what. "Callie." Slade turned to her and placed his hands on either side of her face before gently pulling her face up to look at him. "I want you to handle things here okay? I want you to STAY in this car and I want you to be the one to make the call if you guys need to hit it. Okay? With or without me." He broke eye contact for a moment to look at the driver who just nodded with understanding before turning his eyes back to her. "I believe in you ok? I just... I have to go see if the others are okay in there. And I'll make sure I check for Gil too. I promise."

Slade pulled away and took of his jacket, checking again for the ring before rolling up the whole thing and handing it to her carefully. "Hold onto this for me. I'll be back." Slade kissed her cheek before opening the door and jumping out of the back of the car.

Once outside, Slade could smell the gunpowder and hear the screaming. People were running out of the building and police were creating a barrier. It was now or never. Amidst the chaos Slade slipped into a side entrance of the building to find the halls destroyed and fire beginning to take over the walls. Police were already headed to the major areas it seemed but he noticed every single one seemed to be walking past the bathrooms. Someone could have been in there... Slade opened the door and began to yell. "Hello is anyone here?!"

Callie

"With you by my side I'll hold my head high." Callie smiled sweetly up at Slade and gave his hand a small squeeze. She could do this-no, they could do this. Slade made her feel confident, like she could achieve anything she put her mind to. And, after this, they'd go back to their home tent in New Orleans. She'd have to return to the threatening letters, but that was an issue for later.

When the car pulled aside her eyes widened and watched as the emergency vehicles flew past them. Her heart beat loudly in her chest--that was towards the summit. Gillian was there. Her friends were there. How many people were there?

All of a sudden Slade's hands cupped her face and she was looking into his eyes. He wanted her to handle things? Without him? She was at a loss for words as he spoke. She tried to say something, to say anything, but before she could he was shoving his rolled up jacket into her arms, kissing her cheek, and running away. "But..." Her lip quivered slightly but she quickly forced down the fear and tears. Slade slipped into the building unnoticed. She sat back in her seat and hugged onto the jacket tightly. "Well don't think we're leaving him. H-He'll be back."

With that said her head turned back to watch the door he entered, silently praying for him, and the others, to get out safely.

Haru

Just when Haru tied a tourniquet around his leg the building shook so violently that Haru lost all balance. She crumbled to her knees and pulled herself over towards Drake to make sure his body was stable during the shock. The building started to break. Walls cracked, the ground cracked and crumbled, and the ceiling broke apart as well.

The ceiling above them rumbled and Haru panicked. They were on the ground floor and there were at least two more levels above them--she had to get Drake out of there before anything else happened to him. "Come on Drake wake up, don't quit on me." Haru cupped his cheeks gently and whimpered quietly. He was her best friend. She loved him. She couldn't lose him...but how was she supposed to carry him out of here? "I've got you. Come on." Haru slung his arm around her neck and tried to stand up. Nope, he wasn't supporting his own weight.

The foundation of the building shook again and she felt her heart stop. Oh no. "No no no, come on, we've got to go." She picked up his limp body and slung his torso over his shoulder. Haru tried to stand up with all of her might but she wasn't strong enough....did she smell fire? "Oh fuck Drake, we've gotta go. I'm going to have to drag you, I'm so so sorry." Haru quickly but gently laid Drake down on the ground and stood to her feet, grabbed his hands tightly, and slowly pulled him out of the stall. Were his arms broken? She couldn't tell, but she had no other choice. Maybe it was a good thing he was unconscious?

It wasn't going fast enough. The ceiling above the stall they were just in crumbled and Haru let out a small yelp. She needed to go faster to get him out of here. Just when Haru thought she had exhausted all options she heard a voice. A familiar one at that. "Y-Yeah, he needs help in here!" Haru gently laid Drake's head back onto the ground as they got to the door of the bathroom. "Slade? Can you carry Drake? He's completely dead weight and I can't carry him." Tears were welling in her eyes as she pleaded with Slade.

Gillian

Other than Callie Gillian never really had anyone to care about him. He was content on being assigned a wife when he married Callie off into her new family, he was convinced he didn't have any emotions but anger. With the way Ava treated him though, it was unlike anything he had ever seen. She treated him like she was worried about him, like she cared about him. He knew he had a soft spot for Ava but he didn't think she cared about him like that. He gave a small sad smile and a weak chuckle. "I'm good, just boys being b-" He froze when he felt the ground shake. No, he wouldn't of.

Before he knew it the building was being hit with an explosion, an explosion so violent it sent Gillian flying back. Unfortunately the wind created by the explosion split one of the food stands. Gillian unfortunately landed on one of the sharp metal pillars.

The shock made Gillian black out momentarily. When he awoke he was frozen; his body was in intense pain and screaming at him. His ears were ringing, he smelled fire, and there was dust and ash everywhere. Slightly below eyesight was a large metal bar...the metal bar protruded the right side of his chest. Gillian let out a loud groan and took a couple deep breaths. He tried to move but all there was was pain. "Fuck!" Where was Ava?

He heard someone shout his name and he took a deep, calming breath. "Ava are you okay?" He shouted loudly as he tried to pull himself off the bar. Come on Gillian, after years of brutal militia training and you couldn't pull a post out of your chest? He tried a few more times and let out a loud yell each time, but each time he only moved an inch or two. The metal post still hung out a good foot in front of his chest. He was sweating...he wasn't getting out of this. "Ava I need you to go to safety, this building is going to collapse."

This was the price he paid for the sins he committed...it had to be.

Marco

"I mean if you care about someone you look over a lot of things. Plus, he did save her. I'm sure there's some bond there we don't see." Marco gave a small shrug and smile. "No need to worry about them. We're going to get today over with and then forget it ever happened. We'll go home and resume out normal lives." At least, he hoped they could. He gently pat Lo on the back to try to comfort her, though he froze when they went flying.

Marco flew face first into a concrete pillar. He landed with such force he felt his skull crack and nose break, the shock enough to make Marco pass out briefly.

When Marco woke up he was on a filthy ground, fire filling the room, and the air covered in a thick layer of dust. He coughed loudly and reached up to touch his head only to wince once he touched it. He looked down at his hand to see blood...what happened? Where was he? It took him a moment to stand to his feet and look around in a daze. Who was he? Everything in his head was a mess and he couldn't makes sense of it.

Marco walked around in a confusion for a moment and seen bodies scattered. It wasn't until one red headed body did he stop and stare. The rest had been dead but this one seemed to be alive. "Miss are you okay?" Marco knelt down next to Lo and assessed her situation. "I don't know where we are or even who I am...but I know we've gotta get you out of here." With that said Marco scooped Lo up in his strong arm and looked around. Exit? "This way, right?" Marco took off in a small run towards the exit. He knew they had to get out quick despite his god awful head pain.

Slade

As Slade opened the door to the bathroom and turned the corner he could see and smell blood. That wasn't good.... then a stall door open and he caught sight of Haru dragging Drake over to him. "Holy shit!" He watched in horror as the poor girl gently laid the males head against the tile floor. He looked bad, like BAD BAD, honestly Slade wasn't even sure Drake was alive... but he had to at least try and help right. Plus Haru wouldn't leave him here even if Drake was really gone... and she would end up hurt too.

"Yeah of course. I got him. Don't cry okay? I got him." Slade gave Haru a reassuring nod before moving over to Drakes body and sliding his arms under him, cringing as he lifted and felt the poor mans bones shift in unnatural ways. God, what the fuck happened to this guy?

"Haru just get the doors for me okay. We need to quickly get out that door at the end of the hallway, there is a car we can take and get him somewhere for some help." Slade gave Haru directions as they left the bathroom and made their way down the hall. People were everywhere still but it seemed as if the explosions had stopped, the only problem being that the structure of the building had to be severely lacking at this point. As they hurried out of the building, Slade couldn't help but hear one of the officers yelling to another about another attack elsewhere in the city. This was clearly the work of his lovely father in law but... why? Was he really that threatened by this meeting? It was all going in his favor!

When they reached the doors to the parking lot Slade finally let go a sigh of relief as they quickly made their way through the chaos. "Haru before I get back to Callie I have to ask you. Was Gillian in there... did you see him at all when all this started?" He slowed to a walk as they neared the van and watched as a few of the other jumped out to say they would be heading in to help, leaving Callie and Slade the keys to get where they needed to go. "I wanted to go look for him but, there was already too much going on to get much further down the hall..."

Lo

Fear and panic were starting to take over all of Lo's mind, she was scared and confused. What was she supposed to do? What was even happening? Was this all some strange nightmare? No. No this was real... she was just having breakfast with her friends. Oh god! Where was everyone! Lo struggled to remember, Ava had been across the room but Haru and Drake were out in the conference room already. Hopefully that meant they were safe... Ava would have been far from the blast but... Marco! Marco had been sitting right next to her! Where was he?

Almost as if she had spoken the worry aloud, suddenly Marco was at her side and she felt herself let go a small whimper of relief as she saw his face. "Wait what?" She wasn't given much time to dwell on his words before he scooped her into his arm and she let out a yelp of pain before using her arms to wrap tightly around his neck as they moved out of the building. "Marco..." She couldn't believe this was the world right now... he didn't know who he was? Her body was... not working... Everyone was separated again it seemed.... why was everything such a fucking hellscape!?

"Right there." Lo struggled to point to the exit doors with an arm while still trying to help support her weight. "Look they have some triage tents set up Marco. You should head over that way..." Lo gave him a weak smile as she nodded her head in the direction of some Red Cross tents that had been quickly set up in the parking lot. "Do you see-" Lo was about to ask if he saw any of the others but... he wouldnt know who she was asking about...

Ava

Ava had finally struggled to get to her feet but could tell she had a fractured rib and a hell of a concussion, though it was mild compared to what she had been through back in the hospital. She stumbled a few steps but finally was able to gain some bearings of her surroundings. There was so much destruction and terror... oh gods... Tears started to well in her deep brown eyes as she started to feel herself get sucked into the fear but a yell from a familiar voice pulled her out her her despair.

"G-Gillian?" Ava turned too quickly towards where his voice came from and winced in pain. Shit... Adrenaline was the only thing keeping her standing at this point. Ava sucked in a deep breath and quickly started moving over to where she heard Gillian... only to stop and let out a small silent scream as she saw him.

"I-What?! Are you JOKING?" Tears finally broke free from her eyes as she ran over to where he laid against the food stand. As she got closer the image got scarier and more and more terrifying. She didn't know what to do... who WOULD!? She wanted to scream for help but there was no one close enough, no one alive at least. Ava turned her attention back to him and ran her eyes over the wound quickly before quickly snapping them shut and shaking her head free of the fear. There was no way in hell she was leaving him here... not alone. "You're so smart but so stupid. Have I EVER listened to you? Plus you promised me you would be safe right? This doesn't look very safe." Ava wiped her tears away with the back of her soot stained hand before carefully holding his hand.

Ava was lost. She had absolutely no clue what to do... her eyes dropped to the floor and happened to hand on the mechanism to place the metal rods into the cart. "Oh!" Ava let go of his hand and knelt down to mess with the clip that attached it to the table top of the cart. It popped off with a click. "Ah! Okay!" Ava hopped back up and ignored the pain in her torso and looked at Gillian, "It's detached do you think you can move? We just need to find someone to take care of that!"

As soon as she spoke Ava heard the sound of men talking and yelling and turned to see that police were finally arriving to help. She was about to yell out when something caught her as odd... one looked familiar, then two then... a lot. And then one looked oddly like Callie's gross ex-fiance. "Shit, Gillian that's your fathers men isn't it?"

Gillian

When Gillian confirmed Ava's suspicions he grabbed her with his left hand, the only movable hand, and ran as fast as he could manage. It was hard considering he had a pole six inches out and six inches in his chest, but fortunately the pole was stopping any external bleeding. The air was dirty and the building was either falling apart or on fire but they somehow managed to get out through an exit nearby.

Honestly? Gillian didn't want to go to the hospital. He wanted to get away and bring Ava with him, find the others and get them out. This was his fathers doing and they were all in danger. However Gillian wasn't in a fighting position with this fucking pole in his chest. In the corner of his eye he seen Slade, with a mangled body and Haru. They were bound to be on their way to the hospital, he'd have Ava gather the others while he went to surgery. With that said they hopped into the back of the ambulance and headed up to the trauma center.

It wasn't long before he was being rushed in on a gurney towards surgery he asked Ava to grab the others while he was in surgery. He told the staff his name was Daniel Hall, 29, blood type O-. It was one of his many alias's, the one only Callie knew about. He didn't want his father or his men to track him down.

After an hour long surgery of repairing the scapula he woke up in recovery. The pole had narrowly missed his lung and he was lucky to be alive. He wasn't to move his arm for 6-8 weeks. With that said the nurse cleared him for visitors.

Marco

Marco and Lo were taken to the trauma center on separate ambulances. He was very confused but also very concerned about that girl. She could hardly move, she seemed to know him. His name was Marco. She knew more about him than he did! He wanted to know that she was okay but the drivers didn't seem to care about his concerns. 'Severe head trauma' they said. Was that why his head was killing him?

At the hospital they immediately ran Marco into surgery and quickly put him under. The brain had smacked his cracked skull and had severe swelling and his brain. They drained some fluid off of his brain, put some pins to hold his skull in place to heal.

When he woke from the anesthesia he was still confused but his head didn't hurt as badly. He was laying in recovery next to some guy that had a pole in his chest. They asked him some questions but he kept asking about the red headed girl. After ten minutes of him asking they finally gave up and went to the surgery waiting room to go get his visitors.

Haru

The way Slade looked at Drake made her want to cry even more. Haru knew he could be saved they just had to get him help! "Let's just get him somewhere quick okay?" Haru wiped the tears from her eyes and held open the door. As they made their way down the hall she had tunnel vision. They needed to get out and she made sure to follow Slade's instruction. There was shouting, fire, yelling...what happened? a bomb? Why would Sullivan do this...? So much needless death...she felt sick.

Once they got outside she looked over to make sure Drake was still breathing. When Slade questioned her about Slade she shook her head. "Drake had been gone for a while and I went to go check on him. If Gillian was there then he'd have gotten there after I left. But he usually got there early, I wouldn't have been surprise if he was there. I-...I'm sure he's okay. Be sure to look him up when we get to the hospital though."

When they got into the van Haru sat in the back where they laid Drake. His respiration were getting slower and slower. "Slade we've gotta go faster!" Just as she said that he stopped breathing. "Drake? Come on baby wake up." Haru hopped to the side of him and began chest compression then mouth to mouth. It took 60 compression to get him to start breathing again. By that time they were already to the trauma center. The staff was quickly pulling him in on a gurney rushing him into surgery.

Haru sat on the edge of her seat the whole time while she waited in the dark. She answered a few questions about him and even gave him the alias David, the name he used when he first met them all. Drake had been paranoid about Sebastian and his crew, it was clear they did this, and she wasn't going to let them find him again.

Callie

The whole time Slade was gone she felt herself holding her breath. She was glued to the window the whole time. Her friends, her brother, and Slade were all in there. There was only one person that could have caused this destruction and she knew who it was. Everyone did. As angry and heartbroken she was she couldn't do anything but pay that everyone was okay. No one was coming out the door and it made her feel sick to her stomach. Were there any survivors? Why was Slade taking so long? Should she go in? No, she was told to wait in the car for him.

Callie let out a sigh of relief when Slade walked out of the door. He was carrying some battered man and followed by Haru. That must have meant that was Drake. Quickly Callie squirmed out of the car and opened the door so she could help get Drake into the back, her bright blue eyes watching as Haru climbed in beside him. Once he was inside she hopped in the passenger seat so Slade could take off towards the hospital.

"Are you okay?" She looked him over as he drove, her blue eyes looking at the blood on him. It must have belonged to Drake, there were no woulds or cuts on Slade. "I was so worried about you." Before she could question him and see if he seen Gillian Haru was yelling to go faster and moving to do CPR on Drake. Quickly they followed the ambulances to the trauma center and pulled up behind them, the people waiting outside helping Drake onto a gurney.

Once the car was parked they followed Haru into the waiting room. While they waited for word on Drake she went to the receptionist and asked about Lo, about Marco, Ava, and Daniel Hall. It was a name Gillian had made up for emergencies like this.

Ava

Once in the hospital, Ava was separated from Gillian and she wasn't thrilled about it. She kept ensuring the staff she was FINE and that she didn't need help but unfortunately her nurse was one of those "shut up and sit down little girl" types and made her go get an x-ray. Maybe it was a good thing though.... Ava had a broken rib, not just fractured as well as a hairline fracture in her collarbone. Unfortunatley for her, neither injury could really be fixed fixed with anything but a brace... So the doctors took Ava and once she was cleaned up and all wounds dressed, she was wrapped in a compression brace around her torso and chest then a figure 8 brace was placed on her shoulders to set her collarbone in place.

"Can I go now?" Ava asked her nurse for the millionth time it seemed. "Please?" She had just been told Gillian was out of surgery and awake, well Daniel was. She knew he was okay... but she needed to SEE it. The last thing she saw was that pole and all that blood and... she just needed to erase the image.

"Okay little miss dramatic, you can go. But I swear if I see you even ADJUST that thing in my hallway I will put your ass back in this bed myself."

Ava swallowed and gave the nurse a quick nod before leaving the room and heading down to the waiting room and finding the others. Since she had been rushed into her own room... she wasn't really sure who would be here, the nurses just told her they had people waiting for the lot of them. Only Haru, Callie and Slade sat there and Ava let go a small whimper. She really hoped more of them hadn't been hurt but this meant.... Lo, Marco and Drake also were all hurt... or worse.

"Hey friends."Ava waved awkwardly at the others with her reduced range of motion before continuing, "Gillian has been cleared for visitors I guess. He has a roommate but I guess they're okay with all of us going in for now." She was about to ask about the others but the look on poor Haru's face made her snap her mouth closed before continuing. "I just wanted to be the one to let you guys know." She nodded again before turning and making her way back down the hall and to Gillians room where she stood outside for a moment before knocking lightly on the door and stepping in.

"Knock knock." Her voice was small as she slid in the door and made her way over to Gillian's bedside. Her eyes instantly went to where the pole had once been and she gave a small smile as she verified its absence. "And you wanted me to just leave you there... idiot."

Lo

Lo and Marco were separated in ambulances and once they were at the hospital she found it hard to get any information from the doctors. They were too concerned about her. It wasn't until she finally screamed at them that she NEEDED to tell them something that they stopped and listened. Lo let them know everything she knew about Marco as a person and made sure they understood that he seemed confused... once that was finally over she felt fine to just lay back on her bed and let what happened happen. At some point they took her into a surgery after a CAT scan but honestly they were working so fast it was hard for her to keep up with what was happening... and even without the anesthesia she was so tired... so done.

When she woke she found that a nurse was in her room writing fall risk on the whiteboard near her bed and discovered she was in a single room.

"Oh hey sweetie. Glad to see you're up, let me go get the doctor okay?" The nurse quickly left and returned with a doctor who looked a lot like her mom and made Lo start to tear up a little. Instantly the woman went into the explanation of Lo's situation... she was paralyzed from the waist down due to damage on the lower part of her spinal cord. It was likely temporary and would heal but would require her to rest and heal for a long time. Her spine had been stabilized with rods and pins but she would need to use a wheelchair for months, maybe years. And as if it wasn't terrible enough the poor woman continued,

"And Lorna I am not one to beat around the bush. This is an injury that will require professional medical help. And I don't know if you will get it." Lo started at the woman wide eyed and confused before she continued. "It's not good out there. We are seeing the beginnings of what America went through but all over... including here. A lot of our medical staff has already ran out of fear... but I imagine its only a matter of time before more attacks start."

Lo watched as she gave a nod and turned and left saying she had other patients that needed her too. Lo was just stuck there... literally. Watching the empty doorway in horror in a stunned silence. If this was all going to happen again, they needed to GO. She needed to find Marco and the others and GO. But she couldn't... the suddenness of it all made her burst into tears, finally showing emotion that was welling up during the entire talk she was given. Was this actually hell?

Slade

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay. Just a little shaken up..." Slade tried his best to keep a brave face for Callie as he drove but it was hard. Already they could see what was happening around them. Violence was already spreading in the streets, people were already looting and already there was so much destruction. It felt like he went back in time all over again.

Once at the hospital, Slade went and found a TV while Callie spoke to the woman behind the desk. All over the news was the images of terror... and it wasn't just here it was everywhere. This was so much worse than he could have imagined. Slade also began to notice a large amount of people leaving the hospital, staff and patients alike. It didn't take an idiot to realize what was happening. The summit was for NOTHING and history was repeating itself. "Fuck!" Slade whipped the empty water bottle he had been drinking into the trash can before returning to Callie at the desk and letting go a deep breath as he wrapped his hand around hers.

"How are you holding up?" Slade spoke but was cut short on conversation by Ava as she entered the waiting room to let them all know Gillian was awake. Thank god... Slade still felt a little guilty that he wasn't able to go help them at all. Soon after Ava walked away another staff member came and let them know Drake was also ready for visitors. That was good right? Meant he wasn't dead?

"You should go see G-Daniel. I'll wait outside the door." Slade didn't want to say he was playing security and freak the others out but... he felt as if he had too.

Drake

Drake's life was touch and go. He had lost so much blood, his left leg was broken and both shoulders were torn out of socket. He had a broken rib and internal bleeding in his stomach, his trachea was bruised, he was missing two teeth and his nose was broken. This was all in addition to the multiple cuts and bruises that covered him from head to toe. His leg was the worst external wound, a deep gash from ankle to mid calf. Honestly the doctors were in shock he pulled through. If it hadn't been for Haru and his unconsciousness... he wouldn't have.

When he woke up he was in a room full of people still working on him with an uncomfortable feeling in his throat. He tried a few times to cough and speak but they explained to him that he was intubated and would need to remain so until they were sure he could breathe on his own. Everything hurt... he could see that he was covered in bandages, one arm was in a brace while the other was covered with muscle tape. His leg was in a cast and held up with a pulley system. What the fuck happened to him?

The doctor explained he would go get his friends and that after that someone should be in to check on him but as the staff all left his room, Drake couldn't help but notice that the Dr who spoke removed his jacket and kept walking like he had somewhere to be...

Haru

Haru forced a small smile when Ava came into the waiting room. Lo and Marco hadn't come in at all, but when Haru asked the nurse earlier she said the two of them in surgery. Great, everyone she loved was in surgery and she had no clue if they would live. So, when the nurse came in and announced that Drake was awake, Haru felt a huge weight off her chest. With a small sigh of relief she stood up and looked at Slade and Callie. "I'll uh, be going to see Drake. I'll catch up in a bit."

With that said Haru rushed back to Drakes room. She ignored the talk of the end of the world, she ignored the talk of terrorists. She couldn't think about anything but the safety of her friends. "Drake?" As Haru walked inside the room she felt her heart skip a beat. He was actually still alive! He looked so close to death on that bathroom floor. Once she pulled a chair next to his bed she sat in it, her shaking hand gently reaching over to give his hand a small squeeze. "You were right, I'm sorry. You had every right to be freaked out."

Big tears welled up in her chocolate brown eyes and she wiped them away quickly. "I'm sorry for whatever I did. I know you're mad at me but just...just let me help you through this, okay?" Haru shone a small sad smile as she begged for forgiveness. She wanted to be there to protect him; who knew what would happen in the future? Everything was shit, and she just wanted to make sure he was taken care of. She loved him.

Callie

The world was coming to an end around them and she couldn't help but blame herself. It was clearly her fathers doing...but why? Was he mad about the summit? The wedding? Did something else happen to have pushed their father off the edge? Though she supposed nothing would justify this sort of destruction. This was the last straw. Callie was done with her father. She wanted him to pay for his crimes against humanity.

Callie had been lost in thought when Slade approached her. "Hmm?" Her bright blue eyes looked up at Slade and gave him a small sad smile. "Oh, as well as I can be all things considering." Her arms reached out and wrapped around his waist for a tight hug. The hug was cut short when Ava and the nurse walked in. Haru was taking off for Drakes room and Ava towards Gillians, leaving Haru and Slade alone in the waiting room. "Things are going to Hell but we're going to be okay. We all will. Have faith." With a quick peck on the lips Caliie spun around and ran down the hall.

"Hi Gillie. Glad you're okay." Was he still mad at her? Probably a little bit, but she didn't care. He was her big brother and best friend. She gave him a small crooked smile before glancing over at his roommate. "Marco? Is that you?" Callie peered over at the familiar looking man. Who would have guessed that he would have been the roommate?

Gillian

At first Gillian didn't like the idea of Ava and him being separated, not with everything going on. Unfortunately he knew they both needed to be attended to. So when Ava walked into the room he couldn't help but smiling slightly. "Ah, well I think you're the only one crazy enough to try and save me. I thank you. Though I'm down to one arm for a few weeks." He looked the brace up and down and his smile fell. "Broken ribs?" Once again she got hurt because of him. His father took over and she was taken to be tortured, now his father bombed a city and she got hurt once more. His chest hurt thinking about that. Ava was the only person that cared about him and all he did was hurt him...she didn't deserve any of this.

"Ava I'm-" But just as he was about to apologize in walked Callie. He couldn't help but smile again. "Hey Callie." He had already gotten over what happened with her and Slade. Well, as much as he could. He still wanted to punch Slade square in the face. "Oh. Marco, hello." He looked over at the other bed and looked around the room once more. "Where are the others? Slade, Haru, Drake, and Lo? Are they okay?"

Gillian thew the blanket off of him with the only arm he had use of and stood up. He was in a hospital gown and the slacks he had on earlier. He grabbed his shirt and held it to him. "We're not safe here. Father won't stop until you're home and he wants Slade and I dead. He doesn't care who he hurts and we need to get going." He groaned as he took the gown off and managed to slide his torso into the undershirt and jacket. "Let's go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back