[Closed] Vopral Falling (Pathfinder 2E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahms

One Thousand Club
Title: Vopral Falling
Game:Pathfinder 2E
Player Count: 4-6 (I like large parties, also not first come first serve, I focus on people in less games first)
Description:

The world is scattered. Many religious and ancient texts tell that once upon a time, all the land was gathered as one. The peoples were gathered as one, and the gods were gathered as one. However as people splintered from one another, gathering in groups, so did the gods. Eventually, so did the land, shattering in a great event, leaving every nation an island to call its own. Some are more divided, their cultures claiming it's remnants of leaders breaking apart even further -- and only two countries actually share a border: Okesh, the luscious massive kingdom with its own troubles, housing multiple smaller pseudo-countries within itself, and Sema, the blinding desert that lives and dies by its rivers.

However ... neither of those are places this story is interested in. Instead we look to Vopral, one of the large island nations, surrounded on all sides by others. The slave-focused Empire of Negrastir to the east, the feudalistic Oshela to the north, the free trade islands of Zudrioria to their northwest, and the softspoken island of Astana to the south west. Vopral claims an interesting landmark -- in their southern region, a massive glacier rests, like a mountain to the heavily forested island, providing water to the farmlands below, the land cleared in an attempt by the nobles of Vopral to become self-sustaining, not relying on trade from neighbors. The land clearing was generations ago, the glacier has been present since memory began -- so no, it is not these things that draw attention. It is the forests -- the home of many in Vopral, those who consider themselves true Vorpalians, not those who live under only the shade of clouds. Within the capital of Tirine, there are murmurs and rumours, the Guardian Trees are dying -- the trees that protect the larger cities from beasts that lurk in the forests, that strike by night when most are unaware.

One was supposedly found, hollowed out by fungus and decay, though the government is trying to prevent word from spreading ... there's still only so much they can do. Which is where you all come in ...

Character Creation: We'll take character creation slowly, starting at first level to make sure we all understand how things work. Pathfinder 2e doesn't use stat rolling, but for leveling I intend to use milestone.

Vopral is majority human, and I realize Pathfinder has fewer races than 5e (liek by a lot) so I'm not imposing my usual limit on elves (they're usually super rare). However I will note if you go elf, probably don't want to go to Negrastir and will still need to keep an eye out for themselves if anyone thinks they're an easy mark for capture. It's viable, just a risk. Otherwise, goblins would be the only other questionable, but if someone is keen on them, we can make something work.

Other:

This is a new system to me! I played a little of the play-test demo but really enjoyed it. I've skimmed here and there of the official stuff but still have a fair amount to learn and sort out, so I'm def looking for people willing to learn with me.

I haven't touched Pathfinder before, but I'm always interested in learning new systems, and I've heard a lot about Pathfinder itself. I would be interested, but feel free to put basically everyone before me, I'm in a fair number of games.

Oh man, Pathfinder 2E is something I've wanted to try for months. I can't say no. I'd love love love to join, though I'm happy to step back for people with less going on.

I realise I'm in a ton of games as it is, but I'd sign up happily for this one! I'm interested in Pathfinder 2E, I've heard some good things about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread