• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Closed] Tower of God: Alpha Perspective

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ha Naseon

"Hey, you wanna get hit?" Naseon glowered up at the pale man that was talking shit. "I'll lay your corpse-looking face to rest real quick."

Sorri ignored Naseon and greeted his new friend with a cheerful smile. "A pleasure to meet you Miss Minseo," he spoke politely to the older girl. "It looks like we got lucky. We're also looking for teammates for the Team Battle. We'd love to join with your incredible team, if you'll have us."

"I didn't agree to this," Naseon growled from the floor. "Why should I team up with people weaker than myself?"

"But I thought you planned on taking on the Team Battle all on your own?" Sorri apologized to Minseo with his eyes as he spoke to Naseon's ego. "You said yourself that you didn't care about the reward, you just wanted to beat up something you didn't have to hold back against. So if you were already carrying me through the battle, what difference does a few more people make?"

Naseon crossed his arms and closed his eyes. "Do whatever you want," he eventually said, giving the kid's argument its win.

Sorri laughed at his bashful teammate. "Don't mind him," Sorri said to Minseo. "His personality might be as bad as his shinsoo control, but I can vouch for his strength. He is a member of the Ha family after all. Ha Naseon. I'm Sorri, Sorri Sturluson. Unlike my friend, I'm not very strong, so I hope I won't slow you down." Naseon made a point of rolling away from the girl's offered hand to get up off the floor on his own, and Sorri reached out to shake Minseo's hand himself, once again matching Naseon's disrespect with his own friendliness. He doubted Naseon was oblivious enough to try and pick a fight with his own now-teammates the day before an important event, but he could be wrong.

"So," Naseon stood back up his chair and grabbed Sorri's empty drink cup, clearly intending to leave this place. He figured this team thing was why Sorri had wanted to stick around waiting here, so there was no point in staying any longer. "Which one of you is the smart one on your team? If you're fine with just winning tomorrow's battle I can do that on my own, you don't need to do anything, but if you're aiming for one of the special top prizes, then a last-minute team-up like this isn't gonna cut it, sorry."

"I don't think that's really-"

"So if you do want one of those, I expect the smartest one of you to come up with a good plan for the battle. If it's lame, I'll do my own thing and win however I want."

Brendanfp Brendanfp Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Areum Eurasia
Areum's expression stiffened. Like a frozen computer process, only the faintest of movements graced her features as she processed Mateo's and the rabbit's two-man act. Her pupils twitched lightly, lost as to whether they should fix on the orb that now sat upon the Regular's head, or the man himself. Her brow, too, faltered, trying to find a compromise between the dual sense of frustration and bafflement that was budding within Areum's skull.

"No no no-" Areum's lip flared as her face finally settled on an expression of irritation. "Do you think I'm dense? Explain what that thing on your head actually is, or I walk." Speaking at a hastened pace, Areum's voice shook, but not with the vehemency that would usually accompany one of her bursts of outrage. She was unsure if this was supposed to be some sort of joke, yes, on the verge of offence, definitely; but she was, for once, aware enough of her situation to temper her emotions. At the very least on the subconscious level, she was making an effort to stop the hairline faults in her composure from forming into a proper fault.

Though, that wasn't to say she was very good at it.

Before the man had a chance to explain him, her lips were already readying themselves to move again. Her throat flexed, readied itself, and then was ultimately disappointed as another voice chimed in before Areum's could form.

She cast the new pair a sidelong glance as the hooded Regular accosted them. In truth, she only half-heard his sunny pair of introductions, her brain lagging a moment behind the conversation as it remained fixed on the events of a moment prior. Its fixation, though, did slowly shift as she scrutinized the pair, their words, and lack thereof. Another split formed in the paper-thin mask she called composure.

"What is he, your kid? Can't introduce himself?" Her frame shifted, allowing both her body and gaze to fix on the meek Regular. "Here, do as teacher does. Areum Eurasia. Nice to meet you."
cojemo cojemo Azure Sky Azure Sky simj26 simj26

Guinevere Haros
Guinevere couldn't help but cast Yeong-Su a suspicious glance as negotiations begun to unfold. She'd long since learned that the man was sorely lacking both in the departments of sensibility and propriety, but there was another 'ity' that she was starting to question.

She could understand the appeal of the big, strong and bad Ten Families as much as anybody, but...

With this attitude? Seriously?

She squeezed her brow, and then squeezed her brain harder. Despite her criticisms, the girl had to admit that she was a touch curious herself. A litany of reasons both for and against the favor of the pair ran through her mind until she eventually slumped over in defeat. Working with an ill-tempered, superhuman brat would certainly not prove itself to be the wisest choice she'd ever make, but at the very least, it had a high yield for potential returns.

"Now now, let's not put too much pressure on our cute leader's shoulders huh~?" Popping out from behind her partners, Guinevere sported an impish grin. "Guinevere Haros, by the way. I'm the um, cute mascot character, I guess? Nevermind that."

Clearing her throat, Guinevere strayed closer to the pair of boys. From her head to her toes, she could feel the shift in Shinsoo Pressure as she approached, and had to strain herself to steady her posture.

"If we're going to talk planning, isn't it best to chat assets first? Here, I'll go first." Guinevere snapped her fingers as if to accentuate her point. For a moment, it seemed as if it was only for the sake of theatrics, but after a moment passed the air before her shimmered, twisted, turned, and then finally, broke.

As if nothingness itself had caught alight, a gusset of heatless white fire spewed out from a point indeterminate, hanging in the air for one moment, and then coagulating into a form more familiar the next. Painted in a peerless white, an unblemished but otherwise plain spear hung before Guinevere and a light perfume of the woods filled the air around it.

As if snatching it from an Inventory, Guinevere pulled it from the air with a flourish, twirling it about her in a show of confidence.

"I, myself, am a Spear Bearer. This cutie here is called Grasschilde; she has two brothers, likes long walks on the beach, and is great for throwing!" Smiling lightly, Guinevere gestured towards the boys. "Alrighty, then. Your turn."

Brendanfp Brendanfp Rantos Rantos OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Ha Naseon

"Cute?" Naseon raised a skeptical brow and eyed the plain girl. He repeated the same comment in the same sardonic tone a moment later when the albino girl also called herself cute. "Isn't it kind of bad if you have to call yourself cute?" Naseon didn't exactly mean to say this to the girls, but his mumble wasn't quite under his breath. "Honestly, Sorri is probably cuter than either of you. ... Huh?" He'd been expecting Sorri to continue dealing with these new people, but the kid had stopped talking. "Oh." Oh. Naseon hadn't hung around people like this in a while. He must have gotten in the habit of thinking aloud to himself. Sorri was giving him a strange look now. Shit. This was annoying. "Well, whatever."

If Sorri wasn't going to explain things for him, he'd do it himself. "Like the kid said, I'm from the Ha family. That should be enough to give you a good idea of what I can do." Naseon smirked. "Unless there's some secret princess or someone else from my family wandering around this ship no one's told me about, right now I'd say I'm probably the strongest regular here." He raised his fist, pulling in just enough shinsoo so that green tendrils began emerging from between his closed fingers. Even that much was enough to cause the shinsoo pressure around him to spike in response.

Sorri reacted to this change, quickly reaching out to take the white-haired girl's hand. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Haros," he said with an innocent smile. He used that contact to give her just enough of his own shinsoo to protect her from the pressure Mister Ha was putting off. Since Miss Haros had reacted to the slightly increased shinsoo pressure around Mister Ha when she'd just walked closer, this added pressure would probably be uncomfortable for her.

"Mister Ha," Sorri turned and glared in a way that anyone would find difficult to associate with real anger towards his teammate. "Could you please be more careful about using your shinsoo in a crowded place like this? It wouldn't be good if you made someone just trying to eat their food choke because you decided to show off."

The half-formed baang flickered out and the shinsoo pressure quickly returned to its normal uncomfortable but bearable level surrounding Naseon. "Ah... sorry." Naseon looked around the nearby tables and tilted his head in what might have been the slightest of bows to apologize for disturbing others. Sorri thought the sight rather strange, both for what he knew of the great families and of Mister Ha just from the short time he'd watched him. He'd expected a rude response to be honest.

"Mister Ha is very strong, like he said," Sorri reaffirmed that much. "If there was an arm wrestling test, he'd probably win!"

" ...arm wrestling?" Naseon wasn't sure if Sorri was supposed to be smart or an idiot when he said stupid things like that. He wasn't wrong, but it sounded lame to say a Ha was only good at arm wrestling. he let out a sigh. "Anything I can get my hands on I can break. No exceptions. I'm strong, but my shinsoo control is like you said, not great. Things that use shinsoo don't work right around me, so don't expect to keep a lighthouse or observer close. I can use that as a positive too, bringing down enemy lighthouses and observers just by getting close."

"Mister Ha?" Sorri was giving Naseon a strange look again. It was annoying.

"Shut up. No wait, it's your turn to spill it."

"Okay!" Sorri skipped back a little ways to bring his large silver ax out of his arms inventory. "I usually fill the fisherman position, but Mister Ha is better suited for that. I can scout too though! I'm not super strong or sneaky, but I can do this!" He leaned back on top of his weapon and... it floated beneath him. The kid was sitting on top of his weapon, looking like a witch riding a broom but a little boy and an oversized ax instead. "I can make my shinsoo floaty and look around from up high or float over bad stuff." Sorri dropped the the ground and put his still-weightless ax back into his inventory. "That's about all."

Naseon felt that the kid's summary had some gaps, like that he could make something as massive as a giant tree 'floaty' like it wasn't a big deal, but he kept quiet. Even when Sorri had shown him that floating ice to explain his odd ability, he hadn't said everything. Not that Naseon really cared about that. That act was probably how he'd managed to climb this far in the first place. Sorri had his own reason for climbing, and if keeping things hidden helped him, that was just how it was.

Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Brendanfp Brendanfp

Last edited:
Mateo Nemeroff

The facade of casualness faded from Mateo's face as Areum rightly called out the absurd situation in front of her, a mild scowl taking its place instead. His eyes rolled in annoyance; not at the girl, mind you, as she did what any sane person would do. It's just that...well, he had hoped she wasn't sane is all. Von Hare had said she knew him so Mateo felt certain she'd ditch the team idea once she found out the rabbits identity, but there was also the fact that he just didn't like talking about the furball in the first place. There was already enough stress in his life as is. However, due to Von Hare being unable to keep his mouth shut it seemed he'd be forced to explain the situation regardless of what he wanted.

How bothersome.

Before any further progress could be had on the matter, though, the two found themselves interrupted by another pair searching for exactly what Mateo had been looking for all morning. Just his luck; their appearance seemed to defuse the hotheaded girls temper temporarily, and with any luck he'd find himself with a full team after all was said and done. He wished he could do a more thorough vetting process so he knew who he'd be dealing with, but with only one day left he didn't exactly have that luxury.

As Areum spoke Mateo's eyes clenched tightly for a brief moment, wincing at her condescension towards the meek Yeon Bulsajo. She wasn't exactly the most delicate when addressing someone, was she? However, despite the tone of her words he found himself scanning the boy once over with his own judgmental eyes as well with a look of mild disgust. His shy demeanor and posture, the slightly frightened look in his eyes, the way he was introduced: Mateo turned his nose up at the boy with a tsk. This wouldn't do.

"Look," Mateo began, now turning his full attention towards Haewon, crossing is arms as he did so and not even giving Bulsajo a second glance, "I don't mind if you join us, but I've got to agree with my partner here. I'd prefer if the boy addressed us himself, and until then you're not getting my name nor my approval. Simple as that."

"And as for what we were discussing before,"
Once again turning his attention, this time towards Areum, Mateo paused for a moment as his lips tried to come up with a proper answer, before he exhaustedly nodded his head and spoke with an exasperated tone. "Yes yes I'll explain everything, but let's get these two sorted out first, okay? It'll make things a bit less bothersome to manage."

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Azure Sky Azure Sky simj26 simj26

Last edited:
Ellia Aris Khun + Ajax Cruise
Floor 30 - Archimedes, Residence of Team HellCats (Inside Ajax's main Lighthouse)
As Ellia talked about the mechanisms and algorithms that operated her androids, she could feel herself easing into the flow of the conversation. It helped that the person she spoke to actually understood the things she talked about. All her life Ellia was used to people looking at her weirdly for expressing her interests, either because they couldn’t comprehend or they simply didn’t share them. A Khun that didn’t care about throwing spears? Didn’t care about fighting or climbing the tower? Didn’t care about petty things like family status?

Still, just because she had no interest in those things didn’t mean she couldn’t play the part—do what was expected of her for her mother’s sake. She was Aris Khun’s one hope, after all. When all of her other older siblings proved lacking, kicked out of the family for not meeting standards, she was the only one that remained of the Hernia “branch”. She’d fought for her place in the main family, enough to be recognized and trained by Maschenny at least, and any children she had would continue that line. It was her duty as Aris Khun’s only surviving daughter. Was it wrong for her to not want to see her mother shamed? Ellia didn’t think so.

Her mother’s happiness made her happy.

However, whenever she watched people do the things they wanted—watched people like Ajax and Princess Haewon give their lives for their goals—she’d feel a bit ashamed as well. She and Princess Haewon were nothing alike. They had completely different interests. Had completely different ways of seeing the world. Yet Ellia enjoyed the younger girl’s company. Admired her. Perhaps, deep down, she’d hoped by staying people whose passion burned like a fire, she’d be able gain some of those flames for herself. That she’d be able to find a reason to climb the tower that was all her own…

“Your mind seems to be drifting, Miss Ellia. Shall we stop this conversation for now?”

“My apologies,”
Ellia was embarrassed, but no red colored her cheeks.

“It’s no problem. I’ve learned quite a lot from our conversation and I am aware you have your own challenge to work on. You are in competition with Princess Haewon, are you not?”

Ellia nodded. Not that she intended to try her hardest to win…and using any of her old projects just wouldn’t be fair. Submitting Ajax wouldn’t work either as that would be both breaking the rules and revealing Workshop secrets to the public.

“Then why not work on it here at our current residence? I have an ample amount of tools handy and while I may not be an inventor, I am experienced in working with machines. I can have any materials you need quickly ordered and delivered to this location as well.”

“But I wouldn’t want to intrude—,”

“You aren’t intruding, Miss Ellia. In fact, you assisted me quite a bit by informing about the shinsoo reactor core and giving your advice on androids. I feel like I need to return the favor…and, well, I have another question to ask of you as well…”

Ellia couldn’t help but be curious about Ajax’s apparent hesitance and nodded, both agreeing and indicating that Ajax should continue.

The artificial living ignition weapon rubbed the back of his teal head as he did so. “Hypothetically, in a situation where you catch one of your female teammates crying by themselves, is it better to push the subject or pretend you didn’t see it for the sake of their pride?”

Ellia blinked. Hypothetically? “…why do you think I would know something like that?”

“It’s recently come to my attention that I might not be…sensitive…enough to deal with emotional problems that may arise in my team and, well, since you are a female, have a wealth of knowledge, and have lived far longer in the tower, I figured you’d have more experience in that regard…”

(mentioned: simj26 simj26 Brendanfp Brendanfp )

Last edited:
Yeon Bulsajo and Von Hare's Short Analysis

What is he, your kid? Can't introduce himself? Here, do as teacher does. Areum Eurasia. Nice to meet you.

Why?

"I don't mind if you join us, but I've got to agree with my partner here. I'd prefer if the boy addressed us himself, and until then you're not getting my name nor my approval. Simple as that."

Why?

What's wrong with these people? I... I...

Hate these kinds of assholes!

Flames started dancing around Jo's body as he maintained the same meek postion, but something was different.

What's wrong Jo? Let them have it. You always act scared and defenseless. What are you afraid of? As far as we are concerned, we shouldn't let anyone treat us like that. GET ANGRY! LET ME ROAM FREE!

His flames acted volatile, yet still danced closly to his body. Slowly, but surely he corrected his posture. Yet his eyes remained down. Sometimes he wondered, why were people like this? Judging a book by their cover? Was their own suffering that great that they acted like pricks to others? Hardly. Those who truly knew what it was to be physically and psychologically thorn apart surely could not just spit words like those without thinking. Lack of compassion, lack of understanding, lack of empathy, lack of simpathy, lack of friends, lack of everything. The Tower was a garbage bin. The Yeon Family was full of trash. Was he trash as well? Was that why he chose to get thrown in that organized hellscape. Headon promised him all sorts of prizes if he reached the top. Was the top a place where he could no longer have to deal with terrible women like Areum and ignorant guys like Mateo? More than anything, Bulsajo hated bullying.

His flames disappeared. They became internalized. Jo lifted his head and stared Areum in dead in the eye.

"Very funny." A voice devoid of emotion rang through the air. His eyes where different. Rather than saying fearless, he had the eyes of a person looking at a mundane object of little interest to them. He then turned his attention to Mateo. Taking a better look at the guy, he sure looked like he could use some proteins. He returned Mateo the same look of mild disgust.

He then used his Shinsoo to empower all his body except his left arm. He grapped it with his other arm, clenched his teeth and ripped it apart. Flames engulfed the empty space of his missing arm and another one started growing. The process took a matter of seconds. Throughout the whole thing, he showed discomfort, but didn't shout, spasm, or cry.

"Yeon Bulsajo." He paused and looked at his old left arm he held in his right hand before tossing it aside.

The act of ripping his arm acted as a catalist for his anger. His other self slowly faded away, leaving the usual Jo to take over yet again. He then was engulfed by a sense of guilt. He didn't want to mess Haewon's chances of forming a team because of his behaviour.

"I... I c-can heal myself and others. So..." Jo was cut short by a strange feeling of pressure. Where was it comming from?

The [Crow's Nest] on Mateo's head vanished, and Von Hare materialised yet again in his bunny form. He started intensly at Bulsajo, his sheer power overflowing from his small body for a few seconds.

Strong potential. The rabbit thought. He was also intrigued. Intrigued enough to interrupt his daily routine.

A strong guy that acts weak. Why? Was he hoping to fool people and make them let their guard down? It is indeed a viable strategy. His healing is insane. Is that all there is to him? Hmmmm...

Yet he was also confused.

What are you doing in this lame competition? Von Hare shook his head.

Wierd. Did this guy always have a bunny on his head? Jo rubbed his eyes.

Von Hare reformed the [Crow's Nest] and returned to his daily routine.

Wha! I must be seeing things. He thought, after taking another look. The ball on the other guy's head was strange as hell though. It made even Jo wonder if he could take Mateo seriously.

"So... I am definetly not useless. If that's what you thought." He completed his sentence without struttering. Looking at Mateo and his strange "hat" helped him maintain composure for some reason.

cojemo cojemo simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Mun Minseo

Minseo’s silver eyes cast a venomous glare at the Ha family spawn. The mouth on that kid was enough to compel any regular to take a dive off of the first deck of the Archimedes. On top of that, the boy wanted her team to manifest some sort of strategy without even knowing the details of his skillset. It was truly irksome, however, before she could express her discontent, Guinevere quickly stepped in and voice similar concerns. Minseo studied the playful manner in which the spear bearer moved and spoke, it was fascinating, to say the least.

With the conversation now moving in a more productive route, she stepped in with missing a beat. For a moment the air around Minseo shimmered before three silver lighthouses revealed themselves. The boxes pulsated with a faint light as they slowly orbited Minseo and maintained a distance from the green-eyed regular. Then a second faint shimmer as her item inventory appeared behind her. Minseo’s hand moved back and procured a single azure needle from her inventory, she would only need it for a moment. The freckled regular only intended to show enough of her abilities to get the point across that she was capable, and with that, she ran the point of the needle across the palm of her hand drawing blood. Minseo waited a moment; suddenly one of her lighthouses flashed brightly with silver light. As the light died back down the wound was gone, completely healed.

“I’m a Lightbearer… and a healer of sorts,” she explained as one by one her lighthouses and inventory faded out of the world, “and as for plans, I’ve already thought up a few that should easily secure us the first place spot in this challenge.”

With that said, Minseo’s gaze shifted to Yeong-Su in anticipation.

Yes back to silver/grey sorry light mode users...

Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Haewon watched, almost entirely calmly from the sidelines. To tell the truth, he hadn't expected the boy to rip off his arm, to the point where he almost took a step back in surprise. His attention slowly shifted from the flames to the thing on the other boy's head. Something about it made Haewon's hand twitch. That was nothing normal. It wasn't whatever it thought it was appearing as, not to him at least. He chose not to comment. What companionship this group kept was beyond his purview. Instead, once Bulsajo was done with his display, he immediately approached the young man, clapping his hands on his shoulders, facing him, the dark void gazing emptily at the Bulsajo's face.

"When asked," Haewon spoke, his voice as calm and level as ever, but a reprimanding note was now present in the plains, "to fill a sake cup, what do you do?" He paused, then continued before the boy could answer, "You fill it, but not to its brim, lest it overflows and spills upon the guests. The cup now runneth over and has now startled the guests." Haewon released the young man, clicking his tongue. "Manners maketh the man. When asked your name, you must give it, but give no more. Actions speak louder than words, but take care not to speak too loud." With that, he turned to face his prospective teammates.

He bowed ever so slightly, and straightened up. "I'm sorry. He is nervous. I'm sure he'll be more of an asset on the field. Adrenaline does, after all, bring out the best in us."

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
cojemo cojemo
Azure Sky Azure Sky

Shinyoo Hyek
e88c3ebac90e12d9663c48258c5458b3.png

Shinyoo inclined his head in acknowledgment as the short-looking Ha kid subtly apologized to all the other diners in the surrounding tables for showing off without consideration. Not that he was affected any by pressure that could probably be found somewhere around the 40th-50th floor, but it seemed like the proper response. It wasn’t like he couldn’t sense the difference. The same way a skilled sailor could sense changes in the weather, Shinyoo’s insistence in not manipulating shinsoo in any capacity during his fights had honed his senses to the very thing he tried to avoid—a mechanism of self defense he supposed. He’d become skilled at reading when shinsoo was used so as to best decide how to avoid or counter.

Honestly, he couldn’t even remember why he’d climbed the tower without touching what was natural to every living species in the tower. To prove a point perhaps? Shinyoo chuckled as he watched the freckled girl cut her hand just to heal it and prove a point. Not so much different from these kids after all. The nostalgic feeling made him wish he were young again—climbing the tower, trying to form teams, making rivals…the good old days. It sure beat the things he had to deal with now. Sticking the fork with an attached cut of pork in his mouth, Shinyoo chewed loudly in irritation as the pocket continued to list off items Evelyn wanted him to gather.

It wasn’t as if he was trying to eavesdrop on the conversation of E-ranked regulars. They just weren’t very subtle what with the small boy spouting ‘Mister Ha’ every 5 seconds like a show-off mantra. Really. It was kids like those that he despised the most. The ones who went around shouting their family name like it was some proof of talent—like their blood made them that much more special and gave them a license to treat others like sh*t. It was sickening really—the sort of things you saw when you reached the top. Joining FUG gave him some great opportunities to pound some snobby Great Family faces to the floor. Especially satisfying were the faces of those who thought their family couldn’t be beaten by those that didn’t belong in their fold.

Of course, that was his youth.

He’d already been inactive for so long, he doubted the name of the 5th FUG Slayer mattered all that much anymore. To most of the tower, he was pretty much dead. Besides, he didn’t especially hate the Great Families per say. Just the ones that went around proving that the corruption in Zahard’s Empire was no mere fantasy cooked up by terrorists. There were even several he could say he really enjoyed fighting for the fact that they didn’t boast their name or rank and proved their talents with their fists.

“Are you even listening, my dear Stalker? I won’t repeat myself if you aren’t.”

“Yeah, yeah, I heard you the first time,”
Shinyoo waved as he finished his drink. “I’ve already bought the ticket for the auction tomorrow. Just leave it to me. I’ll get you the toys you want as always.”

“I’m counting on you~”

The gift of being able to annoy others without doing much was both a blessing and a curse. Shinyoo certainly didn’t bother to step in when Helios Prime blinded the guide, after all. He thought it would teach the younger man a good lesson about playing with fire. It hadn’t.

“So what on earth has you so excited that I can hear your eating habits from all the way over here? Did you find a regular you like?”

Shinyoo snorted, slamming his cup down. “More like one I don’t like. A kid who seems to like piling up shinsoo onto himself like he’s bench pressing for a weight competition. I don’t think he’s manipulating anything though.”

“Hm, well shinsoo does respond differently for everyone and everyone’s got their own unique flow. Discovering that which is unique to everyone is what climbing this tower’s all about~”

“Not me. If I didn’t have to, I wouldn’t bother.”

“Just because you don’t touch something doesn’t mean it won’t touch you~”

“Is your pocket broken?”
Shinyoo rolled his eyes. “Because I’m having a hard time comprehending your words.”

“You should try harder to listen to the guide. The guide knows best.”

“A guide that can’t be understood is a sh*tty one.”

“Oh. You mean like a God that doesn’t grant wishes~?”

“Ha, bloody, ha.”
Shinyoo deadpanned. Switching the pocket back to invisible mode, Shinyoo continued to dive into the large meal he’d ordered. It wasn’t his money he was spending so he didn’t feel guilty for splurging. The fact that Evelyn was irritably smug snake of a person helped. Since he was here on business for Ophidian’s owner, he figured he might as well enjoy himself. Watch some Regular battles. Gamble. Wasn’t that Yume Yu Ranker sponsoring Yama’s Mad Dog? Did she have ties to FUG?

Honestly, he’d been ‘inactive’ for so long that the activities of the newer generation had all become a mystery to him, but, if he was honest with himself, he rather enjoyed it—not having to be someone’s God.

(mentioned: OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Brendanfp Brendanfp Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Azure Sky Azure Sky )

Last edited:
SweetAjax seemed to have something important to talk with someone else, and it was only right that she did not eavesdrop on him. What kind of person would she be to keep tabs on her teammate anyway? That was, as long as he was her teammate anyway. Who knew when they would be separated from each other? Certainly not her. She weaved in between the many people that milled about the deck of the Archimedes, scanning the crowd. Some approached her, attempting to get the lone girl to join their ranks, apparently assuming that she was alone. She politely declined their invitations with polite bows and a smile, and continued her passage through the people.

Though she was searching for Selicity, she was more distracted with what Ajax had told her. It was nice of him to consider lending her a listening ear, but he really ought to know where he was. It wouldn’t do for someone like her to so much as consider spilling her woes to him. It would complicate things, and furthermore, they just weren’t...friends like that. They were maybe, at best, talk about the weather, and make jokes with kind of friends, not talk about their inner demons kind of friends. That was what she thought anyway. Then again, it was Ajax. He didn’t seem to have the greatest hold on social cues. She supposed she could forgive him for trying to be closer than he had any position to be.

She came to a halt, and sniffed the air. What? Something smelled like--

She melted into the crowd, following that ‘scent’ in the air. Something felt familiar, and it was the type of familiar that made her hair stand on end. Was it another Irregular? No, this was something much deeper than that. She slid in behind a conversing team, blending in with them, as her eyes darted around the deck. Her eyes caught sight of a small team of four (?) at one side, made up of a green-haired girl, a raven-haired boy, a silver-haired young man, and a hooded figure. At first, she wondered if the ‘scent’ came from the hooded figure- he certainly looked suspicious, but as she continued to study them, it was clear that it was coming from the green-haired girl and the raven-haired boy’s side. She furrowed her brows. Something was unsettling about them, or at least one of them. Neither of them looked familiar, and this was what hurt her head. She never forgot a face, she’d like to think.

She made a face of confusion, taking note of this small group, and turned to depart. It was then she saw a familiar face.

“Selicity!” she called aloud, running towards the cat. “Ajax’s been lookin’ for you! You didn’t respond to the message, so I went lookin’ while Ajax went to talk with someone. Ah!” She registered Selicity’s conversational companion after a second, and bowed her characteristic bow. “Sorry! I was excited to see Selicity that I didn’t catch you there!” She paused, studying both Selicity and her friend’s faces a little bit. “Ah. I...seem to have caught you guys in a bad time. I’ll wait for you. I’m sorry! Again!” She bowed once more to Selicity’s friend, then a second time to Selicity, before sliding away, ducking to one side of the deck.

Their faces were serious, but that wasn’t what made Sweet leave the group post-haste. From further away, he didn’t have it, but once she got closer, that young man with Selicity gave off that ‘smell’ too. The ‘smell’ of someone who didn’t belong.

Another monster. She recognised what the previous ‘smell’ was now. It was another one of them in this area. Two monsters in this place, and the previous one’s ‘stench’ meant that he was something else above that entirely. Her hand tightened around her dud bullet. She furtively cast a few glances towards where the first ‘scent’ had been. It had dissipated now. Did that monster compress himself? Was that flare of power earlier just to show off? To send a signal? She didn’t know, and she wasn’t going to find out. She had to survive, and prey like her had best keep her head down.

(Mentioned: Azure Sky Azure Sky cojemo cojemo The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26 )
Rantos Rantos QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Illiam Herlaa
Tags: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel simj26 simj26
No one to blame. A hollow sentiment that could bring a smile to Illiam's face. So a smile it did bring. Quelling the tears for a moment, the entertaining farce ran its course within his mind. For a moment, Illiam envied Selicity and how she could say such things. Maybe she would be fine without needing to blame someone, but Illiam didn't have the same strength. The growing pit within his stomach hurt too much to ignore. Whispers from the deepest dark of him demanded he consume. The unknown target of his blame: the fish that swim, the Tower that tempts, or his own negligence.

The empty smile remained until Illiam realized he was no longer within the cafe. Still holding fast to Selicity he had followed her outside. It felt nice. Selicity talked, and Illiam listened. Not in one ear and out the other, as he so often does with all others. Genuinely, and without pause. His eyes and their trained gaze focused on Selicity, catching every movement of her lips, her arms, her animation as she spoke. It was all more refreshing than any sunny day. Talking with her now, was a wish that not even the top of the Tower could grant.

Well, talking is a bit generous as Illiam didn't speak a word. He nodded, and listened, carving out a special place in his mind to store her words. His expressions changed as she spoke though. Smiling in hungry glee at the mention of fighting against an android. Surprised as she mentioned yet another Irregular, yet the shock soon enough faded. Illiam may have been an irregularity, but he wasn't a singularity. This was to be expected at some point. Besides, the words Selicity spoke next became the focus of his thoughts. Since when did she become so amazing at speaking to the heart.

Illiam had nothing to say, though his mouth, slightly agape, seemed to give off the impression that something was on his mind, something was on the cusp of coming out. Interrupted by the words of another. A girl by the sounds of it, Illiam couldn't tell, his eyes never left Selicity, though his ears caught her excitement, turned to panic, turned to repeated apology. Poor girl sounded as if she was in a panic. The last thing he heard of her was hurried footsteps, fading away.

"I feel like I should have said something." Though what was there to say? That even though he found comfort in Selicity's words he doubted some of them. Or that he didn't truly want to be apart of a team, that he'd rather take Selicity up the Tower, just the two of them. Both being things that crossed Illiam's mind as unacceptable to say.

"We'll see if I can get along with your teammates." Illiam hoped his half-hearted smile was enough to convey it was a joke. For the most part. "If pushing ends up becoming shoving, then I'll do as a scout does and just keep a bit ahead. Though, this time I'd rather stay by your side. If you're going to keep calling me a friend, let me start acting like one." Illiam spoke awkwardly, though earnestly. These words had never left his mouth before as more than a lie to pacify others. But before Selicity the words bore truth. And though it felt weird to Illiam, it also felt right.

"Let's go meet up with your group. We have to plan around your new member after all." Illiam punctuates the statement by pointing at himself as if it wasn't obvious who he was talking about.

Yeong-Su Xia
Tags: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Brendanfp Brendanfp
There was something to be admired in Guinevere's handling of the situation. And, to an extent, Yeong-Su was thankful for it. He felt responsible for this headache. Unfortunately, there was no way to judge petulance from the way someone drew Shinsoo. If he had known, maybe he would have called upon Ajax, who's reply back still weighed down on Yeong-Su. But worrying about the would have and should have is useless now. There were better things to worry about. Like how Guinevere was handling the situation.

There was something masterful in the way she took control, but where she led the conversation worried Yeong-Su. One by one, putting their powers on display, and there was plenty to show from all of them. But each showcase became progressively harder to watch as he realized his turn was coming up. The numbers dwindled, after Mun's display there would be no one left but him, did they expect him to show off his powers too? Of course they did. Yeong-Su watches as Mun healed herself. He knew the depths of her ability, and he cursed her skill as the wound healed all too quickly. It was his turn now.

If there was something to be admired about the boy, it's how well he could lie to the world. Never did he give away how the stares of others burned his skin, or how the anticipation made him itch all over. But he had to calm down now. Mun was waiting. The surrounding area became cold for a moment as if an icy wind blew through. And when the cold call of his Shinsoo calmed, the temperate feeling fading, Yeong-Su pointed to a nearby glass that had frozen over.

"That." He said to call attention to the frozen glass before turning away from the four and saying nothing more.

Announcement by Quiz

"Greetings, Regulars" Quiz appeared yet again on all the screens. "There are some additions and changes here and there." He proceeded with the explanations:
  • The Team Battles have more prizes. Apart from fastest team, the best team work, best defense, and least damage by the end of the fight will be rewarded.
  • One can bet on champion fights.
"And since you can bet, maybe some of you would like to know a bit about the super star Regulars of this batch... Haewon Zahard, self-explanatory, considered the strongest E-rank Regular, Ha Mena Arie, the Regular born between members of the Ha and Arie Family, considered the second strongest, Mad Dog of Yama, Volk, considered the thrid strongest, Eurasia Areum, direct descendant of Eurasia Blossom, Tu Perie Luce, direct descendant of Tu Perie Tperie, Ellia Khun, direct descendant of Khun Eduan, Talon, considered the 9th place withtin E-rank top strength, Ember, the 10th place, Ha Naseon, yet another mighty E-rank of the Ha family, Yeong-Su, the mysterious wave controller of the Arie, Yeon Bulsajo, rummored to be immortal, and Selicity Fars, the cat woman that is neither part of a Great or Special family, yet her notorious physical might, agility, and ferocity have earned her a place in the top of E-ranks. Not all of these Regulars may partecipate in Champion, but do remember their faces!" Each time he said the name of a Regular, their face appeared on the screen.

Yeon Bulsajo

Jo listened carefully to what Haewon had to say, and got ashamed. His behaviour was indeed uncalled for. It was true that theman from before really angered him and he didn't fully calm down, but he basically lashed out at two people he didn't know, just because he didn't like thier behaviour towards him. No one was perfect, and Jo did indeed act like a weakling. He was aware of the fact, and he was aware the Tower was not a pleasant environment for guys like him, but he didn't like to accept it.

"I..." He addressed himself yet again to Areum and Mateo, bowing. " I apologize." He took another short pause. "I- I got u-used to it because of... p-past experiences. I am sorry if I creeped you out." Jo was clenching his fists and shaking slightly because of unpleasant memories resurfacing.

Suddenly, Quiz appeared on all the screens, and his announcement made him widen his eyes. Why were they making publicity to certain Regulars. And why also him?
_______________________________________________ _ _ _ ____ __ _
simj26 simj26 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Rantos Rantos OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi cojemo cojemo The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Brendanfp Brendanfp

Last edited:
"Fuck me!" The smell of super-heated air, singed flesh and bitter angst all assaulted Areum's nostrils at once. As Jo plucked his own arm from its socket, Areum physically reeled; her spine twisted back and away from the infernal young man, and she instinctively backpedaled away from his display.

His partner, or as it seemed more apt to call him, his keeper, was quick to fly to his side and offer up a paltry explanation for the man's erratic behavior. The surprise of the incident had temporarily seized her throat shut, but she already knew what exactly what her vocal chords were straining themselves to say. If she'd have been able, Areum would've spewed a string of curses at the pair then and there. Not only for the freakish show, but for their obvious lack of ability to listen too.

Just as her body began to relax, another interruption assaulted her senses: Her own name.

Her attention was stolen from the pair, snapping over to the announcer rattling off her name like she was some cheap hunk of meat to be gawked at. Her mood was already foul, and a reflexive "Tch" escaped from between her teeth.

"What a pain in the ass." She mumbled to herself, and fixed her eyes on Jo.

As was evident by her manner of dress, she'd been hoping to keep a low profile for today, at least. Even if all her renown was as a failure, there was always some idiot that wanted to hunt her down and prove themselves when they learned of her heritage, and more than once now she hadn't been able to fight them off.

"Look." She exchanged a narrowed glance with the Yeon Regular, and spoke with a sigh. "What the fuck ever, I guess. I've heard the horror stories about the psycho-bitches in your Family, so I guess I can let it slide. But if you ever pull any freaky shit like that again..." With her right hand, she imitated a parting wave. "I'm out, understand?" While she spoke of forgiveness, Areum's brow was still deeply set, and her words rung with an air of reluctance.

"Oi, pretty boy." Areum craned her neck over her shoulder, and spoke at Mateo. "That's that. Four enough for you?"

Azure Sky Azure Sky cojemo cojemo simj26 simj26

Selicity Faars
Floor 30 - Archimedes
Ears twitching at the sound of her name being called, Selicity glanced over at Gladioli, but couldn’t even get a word of greeting in before her pink haired teammate slipped away. Cocking her head ever so slightly, the Cat Sidhe nonetheless returned her gaze to the dark haired Amu and glowed at his response, her golden eyes molding into green with happiness.

“Our team,” Selicity corrected cheerily, since she’s never really considered the team as just belonging to her. Or Ajax. Or Gladioli. It was something that belonged to all of them and was only made possible because all of them decided to climb together. “That was our teammate, Gladioli Sweet. She’s a little skittish, but a good person. We should probably collect her and introduce the two of you before meeting up with Ajax.”

Ajax would more likely agree if the majority was in favor of it and, in Selicity's mind at least, Gladioli shouldn’t have much of a reason to dislike Illiam. They came from the same place, didn’t they? Then again, she didn’t know much about Irregulars beyond the basics that could be found in books: they came from outside, they weren’t chosen by the tower, and, historically, most of the ones that climbed were strong and/or changed the tower in some way. The specific details themselves were lost to her, but looking at Gladioli , it was hard to say how consistent the later definition was really. As for Illiam, he seemed strong from the start… but both he and Gladioli were an entirely different species.

Amus, from what she’d read, were born durable. Strong. They likely had an entirely different culture compared to humans as well, considering Illiam's relationship with doors, but that was natural. The tower was fraught with different species and, the more Selicity climbed, the more she learned about them. She was able to experience the diversity of the tower herself. Humans, for example, were all a little odd. Recalling Areum Eurasia’s comment about her ‘lap-shit’ being weird, she wondered if humans were simply uncomfortable with touch. But, then again, Eurasia hadn’t seemed to mind it when Selicity was a cat either. Shaking her head rapidly, as if to clear away all thoughts of the spiteful green-haired human, Selicity took Illiam’s hand and was about to lead him the direction Gladioli left when Quiz’s voice suddenly sounded from a nearby broadcasting system.

The rules for the team battle had changed.

More importantly, names and faces of people she recognized where listed as potential people to bet on/be wary of. She recognized the names of the 10 Great Families (from her studies) as well as Princess Haewon, Volk, and Yeong-Su from the 22nd floor and Areum Eurasia who she just had an altercation with moments before. Christmas tree had joined the Workshop Battles? A grin unconsciously formed on Selicity’s face and she licked her lips, her green eyes shifting gold (with flecks of red) at the thought of getting to fight the person that insulted both her friends after all. Anticipation changed to surprise however when her face was displayed as well and the Cat Sidhe blinked, not sure whether to be pleased she was considered strong or awkward at the fact that everyone on the ship probably knew her name and face by now. What was that word that Ajax sometimes used when private information was displayed publically? Doxxed?

Selcity nodded. Yep. She’d just been doxxed. She hadn’t even registered for any of the events yet…and Ajax wasn’t the sort to register her for anything without her consent. Then again, being a regular was a pretty big deal from what she understood, and the Workshop Battle was a public event—not like normal tests. The awkward wasn’t from having her information displayed or being bet on. It was from all the stares and whispers that flew her way as soon as the announcement finished. Selicity sneezed. Finally made aware of the chill, and the fact that she was only wearing a two-piece bathing suit, Selicity morphed into her cat form. Then, from the hand she’d been holding onto, Selicity scampered up Illiam’s arm to his shoulder. Compared to human skin, fur was much warmer. More importantly, she could now talk to her friends without people looking at her because of the announcement.

She didn’t intend to participate in Champion anyway.

And, whether or not Ajax agreed to it, she wanted to play with Illiam Herlaa again. At least for the Workshop battle. To be honest, she wasn’t entirely sure he would agree because she figured he probably made his own friends while climbing to the 30th floor. There were many things she still didn’t know. Why had Illiam and Seefi separated instead of climbing together like she imagined? What happened to him in all the time they’d been apart? How much stronger had he gotten now? She didn’t even know what his goals of climbing the tower were, or how she could help him achieve them, because it’d never been a question that’d been asked on the 2nd floor. There were many curiosities that plagued the cat’s mind, but, for now, she was simply glad that he hadn’t rejected her invitation to climb the tower together and didn't want to make him feel pressured.

People would talk when they were ready. Besides, friendship didn't necessarily mean knowing all of your companion's deep dark secrets.

Making one of her winged observers visible, Selicity sent the customized eyeball with talons to widen her field of vision and search for Gladioli. Selicity was rather proud of her ability to track people (prey) down and doubted Gladioli had gone very far. Since Illiam didn’t seem to have much to say , Selicity filled the void with conversation as they walked. Or, rather, Illiam walked. “You’ll get along with them. I don’t see why you wouldn’t. I didn’t really get along with Ajax at first because he’s such a nag, but he’s actually very considerate. Detail-oriented, I suppose…and a good friend. A better friend than he thinks he is. As for Gladioli…” Selicity paused as she considered what to say. “…she’s shy. Not as shy as the Icefish, Yeong-su, but she’s polite. Friendly and fun to talk to, but a little reserved as well...though it might because I don't know her as well as I do Ajax. She’s the only human among the three of us you know, unless you count Ajax and he’s…well, he used to be one from what I hear.” The white cat perched on Illiam’s shoulder shrugged. “I don’t really know the details, but—oh there’s Gladioli!”

Tail wagging happily, Selicity called. “Heya Gladioli, why’d you run? I could’ve introduced you to my friend, Illiam Herlaa! He’ll be joining us from now on!”

Jumping off Illiam’s shoulder, the white cat sprinted towards her pink haired teammate. “Oh, and what were you saying about Ajax talking to someone? It’s not his boss, is it? If it is, can we take the long way back? I’d rather not listen to that man’s slippery voice if I can help it.”

Rantos Rantos simj26 simj26

(mentioned: Azure Sky Azure Sky The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Brendanfp Brendanfp )

Last edited:
Mateo Nemeroff

Teeth clenched and one finger tapping impatiently on his own crossed arm, Mateo looked on at Jo's display with a displeased scowl. Who did this kid think he was, acting with such disrespect and expecting a team? What idiocy. Just like Areum, Mateo had been put off by the poor excuse of an introduction the meek boy had attempted at their request, though their reasons were entirely different. While the arm being torn off definitely elicited a flinch from him, he'd seen much stranger things during his journey throughout the tower. Weirdos were everywhere; that's just how things were up here and wasn't going to be a deal breaker if everything else worked out.

No, the action that clung to Mateo's mind and cemented his dislike for the kid was that look. That soulless, condescending look of disgust Jo shot his way irked him more than any appendage shedding could ever hope to accomplish. Mateo already didn't think very highly of someone too afraid to even converse properly, so having that person look down on him like he was some sort of rat nearly ruined any chance of mending the poor first impression. In fact, if it hadn't been for Haewon's intervention and role as (in Mateo's eyes) Jo's handler he'd have told the flaming boy to fuck off and find someone else. However, due to the hooded mans composure and respect he was willing to give Haewon a chance to reel him in and prove him wrong.

That is, until a rather unfortunately timed announcement forced its way into his view.

Arie, Ha, Khun, Zahard: All names he unfortunately recognized as being a part of the great families of the tower. One by one the faces of these gifted at birth children flashed by on the screen in front of him, and for what? As some sort of 'list of all stars'? What a bunch of bullshit that all was! All they'd done to be an all star was be born out of the right mother! And for Mateo, who by his account had scratched and clawed every single day for every ounce of strength he had, what did he get? Not even a passing mention of his accomplishments.

Not only that, but among the faces mocking his hard work were Jo and Areum, with the latter being reffered to as a 'descendant of Eurasia Blossom'. While it was his own fault for not remembering all of the family names, the fact that he'd almost paired himself with such a spoiled brat made his stomach churn. Not in a million years.

By the time the announcement had ended, Mateo's hand had clenched itself tightly into a fist at his side, and when Areum would look over her shoulder she'd be met with him glaring daggers at her.

"The better question is if three is good enough for you, because there's no way I'm working with a spoiled little princess like yourself." Mateo rambled bitterly with a heavy layer of sass, the tone of his voice raised as all pretense of hiding his irritation had simmered away. "I guess it's my own fault for not recognizing the Eurasia name, though in hindsight it makes sense for how stuck up and bitter you are. Haewon," Mateo glanced over to the hooded man who stood beside Jo, "if we cross paths again we can work together, but not fucking today. Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll do just fine without me. After all you've got two gifted 'all stars' with you so there shouldn't be any problems at all, right?"

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26 Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
Guinevere shot the boy a thin, pleasant grin as she took his hand. Her posture buckled a touch as Naseon showed off his abilities, but Sorri's assistance was enough for her to brush it off as happenstance. She couldn't say much for the other one, but Sorri at least seemed to be of an agreeable enough make. Naseon, in comparison... Well, if she had to put a word to her first impression of the young man, it'd be something to the effect of 'jarhead'.

"Well~" She spoke with a small chuckle, withdrawing from the pair as she did. "You certainly both sound very tough, don't you?"

"I guess you have a point though, 'Mister Ha.' I guess that's my fault for not buying into stereotypes, huh? Here I was thinking you might be hiding some secret talent beneath those big muscles of yours." Unbidden by the thrum of the other hungry customers, Guinevere teased at Naseon with an unfaltering smile. Throughout all of the young man's various incivilities, in fact, her expression barely budged an inch. She had, after all, dealt with much larger brats whining about much larger problems during her time on the streets. Though, none of them exuded quite the same sort of air of danger as the Ha-spawn did.

When the announcement blared over the Archimedes' loudspeaker, Guinevere's ears perked up and she immediately turned to look at the nearest broadcast television. As the host cycled through each images, her eyebrows danced; first in pleasant surprise, and then in genuine shock.

The name. 'Yeong-Su. Arie Yeong-Yu' It repeated over and over within her head. Her eyes flicked in their sockets, fixing for a moment within a moment on the dreary young man, then on Mun, and then finally coming to rest on Naseon.

"Well well well!" Her words were as garishly sunny as ever, disaffected by the twist of information that'd just been delivered. "I wasn't aware we were in the company of celebrity, Mister Ha! Mind if I ask for an autograph? Or do you not do that sort of thing? What about that, um... Cousin..? Sister..? Of yours that was just up on the screen too? Would she? Could you introduce m-, er, us?."

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Brendanfp Brendanfp Rantos Rantos

Ha Naseon

"Stick-tosser, first-aid kit, ice dispenser," Naseon succinctly reduced his new teammates to their basic uses in his mind, once again thinking aloud. The white girl didn't seem too useful - he'd caught enough pointed sticks so far in his climb that he considered the whole position worthless, two individuals excepted - and the corpse's little ice trick didn't seem useful either. Nothing Naseon could think of a use for. The light bearer though, her power was very interesting.

To a person who broke his body as often as Naseon managed to - a feat made more impressive by just how difficult most people would find it to amass injuries on a body as durable as a Ha's - the prospect of having a healer to fix him was an attractive prospect. Well, he'd probably be too stubborn to allow himself to be healed, but just having that possibility would let him fight more recklessly. He'd been feeling his body's limits for a while now, he could feel that his strength had plateaued, but if he could push through that by breaking his body, if he had a healer to fix him up after...

"Of course I'm tough. I'm the strongest regular here." Naseon confidently declared. "And you're in luck. I'll join your team and follow your plan. In return," Naseon pointed at the light bearer whose name he'd forgotten in favor of just thinking of her at the healer, "show me how you did that."

Sorri Sturluson

Sorri turned from watching his wonderfully charismatic teammate to watching some talking head scattered across every screen in view. His previous thoughts about needing to come up with a way to smooth over things between Mister Ha and the other three, as well as how he could get that icy guy to warm up a little, were pushed aside to focus on what the announcer had to say about the competitions. The bit about betting on the championship fights didn't interest Sorri at all, but the conditions for winning bonus prizes in the team battle was really big. Fastest, best team work, best defense, and least damage. How were the last two different?

Sorri didn't really get it. Of those options, he could really only see this team trying for the best team work prize. It would be a long shot with a last-second team-up like this, but Sorri was confident he could adapt to whatever the trio needed him to do, and despite his personality he knew Mister Ha was able to follow directions well enough. He'd seen that when Mister Ha had bought time whole Sorri had raised the tree to defeat the monster on the 25th floor, going along with the plan despite having no reason to trust a stranger. They might be able to do it.

"Hmm... I could probably take fastest and least damage if I end the fight right away," Mister Ha was thinking aloud under his breath as the announcer explained the bonus win conditions. Sorri wondered if that was the Ha's bravado speaking or if he actually was capable of taking down what had to be a super strong opponent that fast. If it was true, why hadn't he used that power to beat the 25th floor monster? But again, Mister Ha had spoken just now to himself, so what was the point of lying if he didn't mean to brag to his new teammates? Sorri didn't quite get it.

It was only because Naseon had spoken to himself aloud that Sorri was paying attention to him instead of the screen, and that was why the boy just happened to see Naseon's face change as the announcer listed off the names of the regulars to watch during the competitions. The slight widening and then narrowing of his green eyes at hearing there was a princess participating, followed by opening wide in surprise, or was that actually fear, at hearing a name from his family. His reaction didn't change for the rest of the names, not even his own or the surprising name of one of his new teammates. Sorri at least found it interesting that the teammate that had chosen not to name himself was actually from one of the great families as well. With a Ha and an Arie on the same team, Sorri felt this workshop battle might be more fun than he'd expected.

When he looked back at Mister Ha, Sorri was concerned that he was still glaring up at the screen despite the picture of the Ha woman having left it. "Mister Ha?"

Ha Naseon

It wasn't her. Naseon's heart rate had spiked upon hearing the name Zahard, but it wasn't her. "... Ha Mena Arie ..." Who? Naseon stared at the picture on the screen until it disappeared. He knew who she was of course, he just couldn't accept that she was here. Of all the crazy monsters from his family, why her? He'd finally gotten away from his family, finally considered himself strong, and then this monster mutt shows up. For all of his bravado and claims of being the strongest, always being the one to challenge strong opponents, the thought of fighting Mena didn't cross his mind once. She terrified him, just like every other deranged female his family put out, even more because she was strongest among the strong. He wanted to hide from her.

"Mister Ha?"

Naseon crushed his fear and buried it somewhere deep before meeting Sorri's eyes, but from the concerned look the kid was giving him, he'd seen. Thankfully, the white girl saved Naseon from having to deal with Sorri's unwanted concern.

"Well well well! I wasn't aware we were in the company of celebrity, Mister Ha! Mind if I ask for an autograph? Or do you not do that sort of thing? What about that, um... Cousin..? Sister..? Of yours that was just up on the screen too? Would she? Could you introduce m-, er, us?."

"I said I was strong, didn't I? But now I have to correct something. That princess and the Ha mutt... they're probably both stronger than me." He let out an annoyed growl. "Third strongest isn't nearly as impressive! Damn it." He let out the anger from his voice in a sigh. "Same branch, but I don't have any relationship with Mena. I was already out of the picture by the time the little princess-hopeful showed up. She's just another spoiled girl from my family, nothing special to me. If you want her autograph, go find her yourself." The look in Naseon's eyes said he didn't want to talk about her - or rather, a more accurate direct translation would be the next person who brought her up was liable to get punched.

Brendanfp Brendanfp Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Yeon Maeum

"... Yeon Bulsajo, rumored to be immortal ..."

"Jo's here?" A girl watched the announcement through the one hot pink eye that wasn't hidden beneath her black hair. The pink flower in her hair was the symbol of her family, as well as Jo's. The girl smiled. "Let's go and find a Jo!" She moved from where she stood so fast that she left hot footprints in the floor, almost seeming to disappear and reappear atop a sign meant to guide regulars to the Archimedes' various amenities. She looked around, but even if Jo had been nearby it wasn't like she'd be able to see him in the crowd. "But nothing and no person in this world can hide from my cursed right eye!" Maeum struck a pose and let out an unnecessarily dramatic laugh that sent the few people that had been trying to read the sign she was perched atop away to find a different sign not occupied by a crazy person. Her fingers parted the black hair covering her cursed right eye - which looked completely identical to her not-cursed left eye - and she looked again.

[Cursed Eye]

The entire inside of the Archimedes that she could see burst into unnatural colorful flames. The floors and walls smoldered along their edges, and each and every person burned without them even realizing it. Many of the normal-looking people just walking around the Archimedes became brilliant beacons under Maeum's cursed eye's sight. There sure were a lot of strong people gathered here, even more than most realized. They were good at hiding it. "But my cursed eye sees all the truth and lies of this tower!" She let out another unnecessary laugh.

"So where is Jo?" Maeum's cursed eye had yet to find her immortal sibling. She'd know his flame as soon as she saw it, so the best thing to do would be to just run around to a lot of places? That seemed like a good enough plan. "Off to find a Jo, here we go!" Maeum hopped on her feet once and then took off like a streak of fire, somehow rushing right through a bustling crowd of people at a reckless speed without crashing into or even coming into contact with a single one. A person walking out of what was probably a bathroom almost had her crashing into them, but Maeum just pushed off the wall and flipped over their head before they knew what was happening, not even slowing down in her speed-run through the ship. If she'd slowed down enough for anyone to hear it, she was humming a tune that sounded very similar to 'Gonna find a Jo, here I go!'.

"Found you~" In the ship filled with imaginary flames and people burning unaware, Maeum's cursed eye spotted one person's flame that seemed more 'real' than the rest. Unlike the people around him which looked to be on fire, the Yeon's body looked to her to be made of nothing but fire, so hot and bright it would be blinding if it was real. Her black hair covered her cursed eye as her vision - no, the world - returned to normal. Now she could see Jo properly. Maeum grinned, hopped on her feet once, and then shot off at her fire sibling like a bullet from a gun... and with about the same amount of impact force. Unless Jo quickly moved aside, he'd soon find himself a victim of Maeum's high-speed full-body tackle hug, which rumors say has caused the deaths of many a Yeon family member. Maeum was yelling something incoherent as she shot through the air towards Jo, only after finally coming to rest would the words become solid enough to be pinned down as: "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Jo!"

Azure Sky Azure Sky ( simj26 simj26 cojemo cojemo The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Ajax Cruise + Ellia Aris Khun
Floor 30 - Archimedes, Residence of Team HellCats (Inside Ajax's main Lighthouse)
“Unfortunately, the answer is different for every individual and I do not know enough about your teammates to give an accurate response. However, in the hypothetical simulation you proposed, if I were to discover Princess Haewon crying, I would ask her directly since questions cannot be solved by beating around the bush.”

It was a response very much expected of Ellia Aris Khun who, for as long as Ajax had known her, prioritized finding answers to the tower’s riddle and mysteries over the mundane act of climbing it and fighting for power. A response befitting of any scientist really—brilliant minds, but indifferent to the emotions and feelings of those around them in pursuit of greater knowledge. Distant and formal. That was why their relationship couldn’t ever be ‘friends’ in the traditional sense of the word.

A designer and her project.

Ajax was very much aware of how Ellia saw him and, as odd as that was, he didn’t mind it. Not terribly at least. People were all tools to one another. No matter how prettily it was decorated with words like friendship, love, and trust, it was human nature to use others for their own desires, security, or personal comfort, then discard when satisfaction is no longer met. He preferred those sort of relationships in fact. When people wanted something from him it made things easier to predict, control, and let go when needed. It was the ones that wanted nothing from him that Ajax was wary of—since he never knew when he could get discarded. Not to mention the inequality, which was uncomfortable to say the least.

Ajax could get upset at himself for being foolish enough to be betrayed, but faulting others for following human nature was both illogical and unproductive. That was why he could work with a morally questionable boss like Evelyn Wicker. Why he didn’t especially mind Ellia calling him a ‘project’. As a living ignition weapon, he was very much aware that he was tool created by Ellia for Ophidian’s owner, who likely had a specific purpose in mind. Unlike Selicity, he wasn’t getting assistance from a Ranker for free. His Boss, who was a talented guide, saw greater potential in her in him. His task had been to help her climb.

Ajax supposed he resented her for it at first, since, in his eyes, she’d given up nothing to climb whereas he did whatever it took to get as far as he had. She was ‘special’ in Evelyn Wicker’s eyes. She likely had potential he didn’t. However, he was also aware of how illogical the thought process was and discarded it the same way one would discard faulty data or damaged wiring. There was no room for human error when it came to reaching the top. Besides, the more data he obtained on her, the more aware he became of the flaws she did it have.

It was only now that she finally remembered to turn on her observer, after all.

“Miss Selicity Faars is the other teammate of mine that I’d mentioned earlier,” Ajax informed as he placed the order for the materials Ellia requested. Seemed she finally decided what to make. A simple glance at the list handed to him wasn’t enough for Ajax to deduce what it could be, though he didn’t expect anything made by someone who could build the shinsoo reactor core would be subpar. Then again, compared to Ajax who liked winning and Selicity who had quite the competitive streak as well when it was stroked, Ellia’s competitiveness bordered on zero even on some of her best days. It was almost as if she looked down on those with a drive to succeed…which was why Ajax was surprised to find her climbing as a Regular.

Not that it was his place to question the choice of the Tower’s Caretaker and Guardian of the First Floor. Only a select few even knew the First Floor existed, let alone seen it for themselves. Most were teleported straight to the second floor. Ajax only knew because his boss was an Irregular. “I wonder if listing out the Strong E-ranked regulars aboard is a business decision. It certainly makes things more exciting.”

Weaker people tend to team up against stronger people as well—especially since the stronger regulars were singled out. He could only hope Selicity didn’t go around making enemies while playing around.

Most likely.”

“A Tu Perie will likely go to the tech challenge, which does list under potential death, and she was a princess candidate from some years back if my research is correct. Are you worried?”

“No.”

“Hmm, well, you are from the Khun Family…”

“It has nothing to do with my family. I don’t intend to create a combat-oriented item. Therefore there would be no reason for us to fight.”

“I see…I suppose those participating in the Champion would have the most to worry about regarding the All-stars list. How do you think Princess Haewon is would stack up against an immortal?”

“Immortality does not equal strength.”
Ellia studied the image of Bulsajo Yeon curiously. “My mother has told me about the primeval flames passed down to the direct descendants of the Yeon family…and of the most recent inheritor being a male. Many of the Yeon girls don’t like it. That a great power has been handed down to a boy. It upsets the power balance that's been maintained for centuries. Therefore, I can't imagine he would've lived comfortably.”

“Ah, I’ve heard of the Yeon family being matriarchal.”
Ajax responded as he continued to type away. “That doesn’t answer my question though.”

“All flames burn out eventually. The difference between the older families and the newer ones is the ancient knowledge and techniques they possess and refuse to share with others for the sake of maintaining their prestige. My family is no different. Statistically, excluding the ones with the primeval flame, most Yeon family fire users aren’t that much different from Blitz family fire users. And, taking data from Evankhell as an example, even primeval flames grow weaker over time. Given what I’ve seen of Princess Haewon’s prowess, and the current rumors regarding Yeon Bulsajo, I believe she has a greater chance of winning in a fight provided she fights smart and doesn’t give him the opportunity to heal.”

Ajax wondered if bias colored Ellia’s words, though, knowing the former workshop disciple, that was unlikely to be the case. Regardless, Ajax simply took in data given the same way a sponge absorbed water and added it to his store of knowledge. Strong competitors made winning harder, but improvements were made from difficult challenges and the more he was able to analyze and acquire, the more likely he was to win the ultimate game. “Does the king's blood make that much of a difference?”

“It does,”
Ellia replied as plainly as one would stating the weather. “Though I am assessing more than just blood. Those who succeed in becoming princesses usually possess a combination of talent and a strong desire for survival. While being born from a great family is a great advantage in terms of predisposed genetic inheritance and available resources to further improve these gifts, it’s ultimately willpower that determines whether the advantages shine and luck as to whether the advantages are gained in the first place. None of my older siblings managed to make it into the family, after all, though I imagine the psychological damage of having to fight their own siblings also plays a factor.” Ellia glanced at Ajax. “Then there are those that make their own advantage. I’d like to think you’d be able to make it pretty far in the Champion as well, though I may be a little biased as you are my creation.”

Ajax chuckled. “I have no interest in proving myself as the strongest E-ranked Regular. But that does raise an interesting question since I hadn't known you were capable of bias. Between me and Princess Haewon, if we were to fight, which of us would you prefer to win more?”

“That’s…a difficult question.”

“Don’t trouble yourself over it, Miss Ellia.”
Ajax said when he saw she was struggling to calculate an answer. “It wasn’t a serious one.”

“Are you certain?”

“Yes. There are some questions better left unanswered.”

For now, unless her emotions impacted the team or their climb, he decided not to push Sweet for answers. Her response to his offer was proof that their relationship was yet one where weaknesses could be shared and he was in no hurry. Making the offer was enough. It wasn’t as if he didn’t have many, many secrets of his own that he didn’t feel necessary to share. Besides, Selicity was better at dealing with the emotional stuff…in a way. The Cat Sidhe wasn’t the most considerate person in the world, but she was more prone to sympathy and honesty which were traits necessary in getting others to open up. Keeping an eye on the live feed provided to his lighthouse from Selicity’s observers, Ajax continued with the tasks only he could do.

“You should probably inform Gladioli Sweet that it’s safe to return,” Ellia informed Ajax as she exited the living ignition weapon’s lighthouse - likely to make tea or something. There wasn’t much else for her to do until the materials arrived. “And I’ll inform Princess Haewon that I’ve decided to work on the tech challenge at your place so she doesn’t have to worry.”

Brendanfp Brendanfp

“That’s a good idea, Miss Ellia.”

Truthfully, he’d forgotten that little detail while he went about his work. It wasn’t like him to be so careless and he wondered if he wasn’t as immune to human errors as he’d thought. It was a little embarrassing having to be reminded of common courtesy by girl who liked dealing with robots more than people, but Ajax nonetheless sent a quick message to Sweet’s pocket:

‘My conversation with Miss Ellia is finished.' simj26 simj26

Cracking his neck, Ajax wondered if he should do a bit of light exercise before continuing with the work Evelyn had assigned him to do. Parts of his body were still biological, after all, and between his duties as Ophidian’s employee, the Workshop Battle, Sweet’s potential depression, Cat Care, and soul-strengthening research he’d have to look into, Ajax did think getting a new teammate to delegate tasks to was a good idea. A temporary one for the workshop battle was nice, but not really something to invest in once they stepped into D-rank territory. With the number of prizes for the team battle increasing, there were many more factors to consider as well…though best teamwork was by far the hardest to quantify and largely subjective in Ajax’s opinion. A team revolving around the support of one member compared to a team in which every member played a role could both be equally effective and told nothing about actual ‘teamwork’. Easiest would be to aim for fastest team or least damage prizes…though Ajax also had little doubt most other teams would be going for that one as well. Less competition usually meant greater chance of victory. As for best defense…a team of pure defenders?

Either way, a solid, yet flexible strategy would need to be formed for offenses to not oppose each other and, knowing Selicity, Ajax was certain that the violent Cat Sidhe would throw a fit if she didn’t get to hit the android at least once.

(mentioned: Azure Sky Azure Sky )

Last edited:
Inhale.

Air flowed through Areum's nostrils, and into her lungs. In tandem with Mateo's tantrum, she could feel that oxygen that it bore seeding her blood vessels and ebbing out through her body. From head to toe, in the depths and crevices of each of her muscles, sweet succor spread, momentarily feigning off her fatigue; and riding in its back was rage, white, hot, and indignant.

She didn't even need to think about it. The moment Mateo finished his piece, Areum's body lurched forward, racing towards the petty little rat of a boy and seizing his collar. Her legs didn't stop. Stampeding forward, ignorant of both time and place she slammed the boy into an adjacent wall, drawing the gazes of the crowd as it rang out with a deep thud.

"What the fuck do you know?" Areum spat, her eyes narrowing as they leveled with Mateo's. Her thoughts were racing like wildfire, scrawling through an endless library of insults and complaints, never fixing on one long enough for it to escape her lips. Instead, she spewed out a low, indecipherable mumble as her grip tightened and she pressured him higher up the steel corridor. Her focus did not move with him, instead drooping to stare at her own feet.

More than her mind, Areum could feel every muscle in her body screaming at her. Each one cast a vote, to pulp, crush and pulverize, a riotous call to rain violence down upon him, this sack of shit who looked down on them with eyes filled with such presumption and arrogance.

But, she stayed her hand.

She released Mateo's scruff, and then metal once again cried out, creaking as Areum's fist impacted with the space where Mateo's skull would have been only a moment ago.

"People like you..." She muttered, half to the boy and half to herself. "...Would be better off dead. You just prattle and prattle and whine and whine like you understand a single fucking thing outside your tiny neanderthal world..."

Her voice trailed off, and she backed away from the boy, clutching at her scalp. Her head hurt. Her heart was beating like a racehorse's hooves, her mind was burning through an endless archive of thoughts, and it'd taken her an inhuman degree of willpower not to end the boy then and there.

"Do you know how many pathetic fucking ingrates I've heard your little bullshit tantrum from? Do you think you're special? Every single one of you damn ants are the same." She leveled her attention at the boy once more, her features now twisting into a scowl far more vile than any she'd leveled at Selicity, Illiam or Jo.

"Get the fuck out my face. If I ever see you in a test, I'll break you in two."

cojemo cojemo simj26 simj26 Azure Sky Azure Sky

Yoo HaewonHa. Eurasia. Arie. Khun. Tu Perie. Zahard. Almost a royal flush. He expected this- a collection of beasts roaming this wild jungle. That wasn't the issue. The real issue here was that he didn't come in at even the honorable mentions. He moved as if to brush a lock of hair from his face, and his hand instead slightly nudged his hood to one side. What a bother. What was the idea behind announcing all the big players anyway? Haewon wasn't convinced that this was merely lip service to the Family contestants. He had to admit, however, that his assumptions were only, at his current rate, 78.3% correct, so there was room for error.

Not long after his thoughts were formed, an outburst came from behind him. The screen had prompted the young man with the Eurasia girl to grow incensed. There was a tone of indignation and pride in his voice as he declared the Family children spoiled brats. Haewon, himself, wasn't about to deny him that fact. A great lot of them, he believed, were gifted from their blood alone. While it was true that some of them worked hard to get where they were, theoretically, a commoner would have had to work even more to match them. The less said about those gifted with Zahard's crest, the better. Haewon said nothing as Mateo directed his next words to him, and merely bowed in respect. He was but an observer, and a seeker of chaos. It would not do him well to align himself with any side in this argument, despite knowing full well where Mateo came from. Indeed, one star could light up the world, but two stars would blind the same world. A spectre like Haewon himself would be but a lightless moon.

"Mmm." He should pen that down.

There was a slight movement in the corner of his eye. It seemed to be aiming for Bulsajo. Unwilling, or perhaps uninterested, in taking the brunt of the force, he moved to one side slightly, letting a small figure collide into Bulsajo. A high-pitched cacophony rose from the human-sized bullet as it sped towards Jo, and the sound alone hurt his poor head. Chaos was a natural essence of the world, and it was pure, but feigned noise like these disrupted the peace of chaos. He wisely moved away further from Bulsajo.

He moved further still when the Eurasia girl decided to tackle the young man who had spoken up, her words dripping with such venom that Haewon felt as if he was being poisoned himself. He sighed deeply and rubbed his temples. Such was the nature of chaos, unpredictable and unfathomable. Perhaps that was the beauty of it. However, at this juncture, he found that beauty just a little too glaring, perhaps. Beauty, in excess, becomes less so.

His footsteps soft as his stride was long, he paced over to Areum Eurasia's side, resting a hand lightly on her back. The fury seemed to upset her physically too. "Calm, Eurasia, calm," he attempted to tame the fire that raged. "Such fury would be wasted on ants, would it not? Better to save it for the trials that we are to undertake. Your health is of utmost priority if we are to succeed."

The hood turned to face Mateo, and, once more, Haewon bowed slightly. "I am glad you would deign to cross paths with me. However, I mean no disrespect when I say that I would rather someone who would harness the light of the stars than one who would shun them. We are all, after all, climbing the same Tower. It," he paused, searching for the right words to say, "does me no good to deny the stars. However, I do wish that you'd reconsider your stance, even if for just this once. You seem like a star yourself, and I'd hate to miss your incandescence."

Haewon despised talking so much. He was never sure if his words held even the fraction of efficacy as those dedicated to the art of speech. It was a gamble that even he could not predict the outcome to. The best he could do now, was brace for a potential storm from either side. Tempestuous were the weather conditions here and now, and he had willingly thrown himself into the maelstrom.

cojemo cojemo Azure Sky Azure Sky The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

Mateo Nemeroff

A swift blur of green fury in his peripheral vision followed by a hand on his collar and his feet being swept off of the ground: That was all Mateo was able to perceive before being met with the crushing force of his back being slammed against unmovable steel. The boy gasped in pain, his vision blurring and head drooping to look at the floor His diaphragm forcibly contracted and left him desperately trying to regain his breath like a fish stranded on land. It felt like he'd just been hit by a truck, and as his mind began to come back to reality and his body recovered he was able to raise his gaze and stare into the eyes of the angriest SUV he'd ever seen.

Shock crossed his face and his body was frozen stiff, suspended above the ground only by Areums rage clasped around the neck of his shirt. A snarky remark on er temper, an angry scolding of her actions, or even a plea to release him and put him down; his lips searched for something. anything to shoot back at the girl who so arrogantly thought she was better than him. However, nothing but air escaped his lips in this moment that felt like it lasted an eternity.

He didn't even get a chance to feel relief as he felt himself free of her grip and fall onto the ground beneath him, as soon after a crack that very much could have been his skull reverberated throughout the streets. He simply sat and looked up as the girl spewed her anger at him, eyes still wide as he only just began to realize everything that had happened. His vacant stare searched around him, from the hooded man who spoke some sort of hollow attempt at patching things up to the crowd of onlookers gawking at the commotion caused. It was then, upon realizing he was being observed like some sort of carnival attraction, that Mateo finally scrambled back to his feet.

Did she just...that arrogant little...

Running his fist across his face to remove the shock and replace it with a composed mask of disinterest, Mateo wiped his pants off casually, then adjusted the collar of his shirt while failing to hide the shakiness in his hands. "I....well you...whatever. I'm not dealing with this shit anymore." Turning away from the group, he gave a dismissive wave over his shoulder as he briskly began to make his exit.

However, before he could break through the barrier the crowd created, his thoughts started running through everything that had just occured. His blood boiled and he stopped in his tracks turning back to face Areum who was a good few meter away. "Fucking...meet me in champions! I'll show you I'm not just another ant you can toss around!" His challenge hung in the air for a moment, and as his eyes drifted towards the dented steel where Areums fist had collided, he turned back, carelessly bumping shoulders with an onlooker as he passed, fading into the mass of bodies.

---

"Fuuuuuuuck! fuckfuckfuck fuuuuuuck!" In the bathroom stall of a coffee shop not five buildings away from where the prior incident had occurred, Mateo screamed to himself as he punched the tiled wall above the toilet he stood in front of. His breathing was erratic as his eyes closed tightly, envisioning the embarrassment he'd just suffered at the hands of a great family brat.

"I fucking...she fucking...Aaaaagh!" Mateo reeled back his fist and slammed it as hard as he could into the wall. His breathing began to slow once again, and he spit angrily onto the floor as he exhaled deeply. His legs still shook and teeth rattled, but at least he was starting to see straight again. As he regained his composure and the adrenaline left his body, a dull ache in his hand became apparent. Mateo lifted it up to his vision, placing the bright red knuckles next to the barely cracked tiles. The sight made him chuckle.

Why? Why were things like this?

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Azure Sky Azure Sky simj26 simj26

Yeon Bulsajo

Jo was happy to say the least. He didn't ruin Haewon's chances of forming a team because of his actions. He sighed in relief. Maybe he could do it. Form a team, climb the tower with worthwhile people, develop as a person, outgrow his phobia and complexes. This happiness of his was so strong that it swept him off his feet, with great force, knocking him to the ground even. He never knew happiness had such great impact...

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Jo!"

Happiness even had an upbeat female voice...

"Gyaaaaah!" Jo let out a scream as he put his arms forward in a defensive position. Women were truly terrifying, attacking out of nowhere. He glanced at his assailant, wondering with terror what their grotesque visage would be like... "Oh."

It was her.

Jo believed he had gynophobia. An irrational fear of women. But was it that? Surrely, he was incredibly mistreated by many Yeon women throughout his younger, pre-climbing years. But not all of them. Some where cold, but not cruel, some where condescending, but not cruel, and then there was Maeum. An outcast and wierdo, like himself, many saw her as an embarassment. For some reason she was nice to Bulsajo... in her own way. He could not hate or fear Maeum, no. It was closer to dealing with a very obnoxious child.

"Long time no see Maeum. Have you been well?" He asked as he got up.

And, as Maeum appeared, and Quiz finished his announcement, things started going sour. Mateo got venomous all of a sudden and insulted Areum Eurasia. Where they not a team? It seemed they decided to join forces recently and the young man with a ball on his head clearly showed a profound hatred for the fact that she was, indeed, an Eurasia. An offspring of Blossom none the less. As he was about to leave, the only person he showed respect was Haewon, while also throwing some sarcasm at Jo himself. Bulsajo had a hard time dealing with women, but...

Uuh, are we really gonna let even men push us around, Bulsajo?

His anger from before started to resurface, being reminded of Talon.

Pow!

Bulsajo snapped back to reality when Areum angrily slammed Mateo against a wall. Her anger was unlike anything he heard or saw before. He flinched when she dented the steel with her fist as he expected her to hit Mateo directly. But she left him off with a warning, and didn't harm him any further. That exact moment was pivotal in Jo's oppinion of Areum Eurasia: she was actually quite kind. A lot more so than many Yeon women he had to deal with. He almost felt bad for getting angry at her. But what impressed him more was Haewon.

The hooded man got between the two Regulars and tried to reason with both, adopting a diplomatic, pacifistic approach. The ease with which he could do such a thing, speak the way he spoke, the incredible composure and confidence. Jo was left in awe. He thought Haewon was an inspiration and wished that one day, he could become like that as well.

Yet, Haewon's words had no effect on Mateo, who was still recovering from Eurasia's slam and who was still concentrated on his attacker. Tunnel vision, probably? Still, to ignore Haewon, Jo found it very rude. This wierd person claimed a lot of respect, but acted like a brat.

"Fucking...meet me in champions! I'll show you I'm not just another ant you can toss around!"

I am likely seen as very pathetic by most. But, I must admit, this person is giving me competition.

Mateo's words would have had a different effect if he didn't distance himself, shouting with an upset tone, and the slight shaking from earlier. Probably a person who never truly understood what pain was. Master Wok always told him those types lacked mental fortitude.

And thus, a question remained. What about the team?

simj26 simj26 OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Von Hare- Training Over

The black orb dispersed, and from it out came Von Hare, who jumped from Mateo's head and transformed in his usual form.

1597094890383.png

Despite being in his [Crow's Nest] he could feel great anger and tension in the air. He watched the confined space he was in. A bathroom stall. With Mateo.
Von Hare exited the stall without a word, went to the sink, washed his hands with some hot water and soap, then dryed his hands thoroughly with the hi-tech hand dryer. The other man who was in the bathroom just got to hear and see the following things: a man shouting "Fuck!" repeatedly, Von Hare exiting the stall and leaving it open, with an exposed Mateo that was huffing. The man blinked a few times and started at Von Hare wordlessly. The rabbit shrugged and took out a carrot as he went passed the man and left the bathroom. He had somehere to go.

The man, stood in place as he watched Mateo for a few seconds, turned around to wash then dry his hands as Von Hare did priorly, then just exited the bathroom calmly.
1597095592168.png

"What took you so long, Nimbus?"
"It's complicated."

cojemo cojemo

Yeon Maeum

"Long time no see Maeum. Have you been well?" Jo asked as he extricated himself from Maeum to get up.

She rolled over on the floor, into a somersault, into a full back flip which she landed with unnecessary flourish. "Of course. Not even a demon of the 72nd legion could manage to lay a single finger on me. I've been forced to seal away most of my power just to enjoy taking my time climbing without leaving entire floors ashes behind me. Such is the terrible power of my forbidden cursed flames!" She held her ridiculous pose before getting bored and dropping it. "No point in asking you the same, I suppose."

Maeum twirled about, for the first time seeming to notice she'd crashed a rather heated moment for what she presumed was her brother's team. "Oh drama! The passionate flames of youth!" In her stupid posing, her fingers brushed her black hair away from her cursed right eye. An impish grin cracked across her face as she turned back to her sibling. "Hey Jo Jo, is this your harem? I really didn't think you were the type for sort of thing. Congrats on overcoming your fears!" She gave him a thumbs up.

Azure Sky Azure Sky ( simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Mun Minseo

The Ha boy threw his finger in her direction and declared that she teaches him the basics of healing with Shinsoo in return for joining her team. With both hands on her hips, she raised an eyebrow at Naseon. What an odd request to make, but she wasn’t opposed to it. Minseo knew what she wanted out of this tower. She may have entered a nobody with zero talent besides a good head on her shoulders, but when she made it to the top she wanted to be somebody of note… somebody important… somebody whose reputation precedes her. It was whenever she focused on this goal that she felt the most embolden, and right now she wanted the Ha brat on her team… not just for this tournament but for the long haul. No, she didn’t just want him, she would have him. Her eyes narrowed on the boy as she sauntered closer to him until she was standing directly before him. She ever so slightly arched forward now towering over the regular. She knew he was strong, far stronger than her, but for some reason, at that moment she felt more powerful than ever.

“Alright M i s t e r Ha,” she teased, emphasizing every syllable, “I’ll teach you, but just know… healing isn’t some simple parlor trick that anyone can pull off. It’ll probably take a couple of floors before you even get the fundamentals, but if you think you can put up with me and my team for that long, I’d be more than happy to show you,” she said with a thin grin that would only last for a moment before Quiz’s announcement relayed over the speakers, and on the various screens around the Archimedes.

[Quiz’s Announcement]

Minseo’s eyes widened in disbelief when Yeong-Su appeared in Quiz’s announcement. Arie Yeong-Su… not Yeong-Su Xia… obviously a mistake right? The regular felt her throat tighten and clenched her fist. It had to be… either a mistake or the man she had been climbing with for the last twenty-plus years had been deceiving her since they first met. Arie Yeong-Su… the name didn’t even sit right in her mouth, but it was unlikely that Quiz would be misinformed, which made the possibility that she had been deceived ever more likely.

Minseo was usually good under pressure, but at that moment she so desperately wanted to shower the white-haired regular with a myriad of questions about his heritage. At that moment her eyes zeroed on Yeong-Su… a cold gaze affixed to him, even colder than his ice, and her mouth hung open as she fumbled for the right words to point at the regular but came up with nothing and so she said nothing on the matter. She instead turned her attention back to Naseon who himself looked shaken by the announcement.

“Hey Ha… tomorrow we’ll be at the Champion event, watching and betting. You and Sorri should accompany us, I’ll save you some seats,” and with that Minseo turned and began to put distance between herself and Yeong-Su.

~~~

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Last edited:
Ajax Cruise + Selicity Faars
Floor 30 - HellCats Residence
When Selicity and Sweet returned, Ajax wasn’t surprised by their company, having seen Illiam Herlaa through Selicity’s observers, and treated the other regular as one would treat the friend of a friend. Introductions. Exchanges of pleasantries. It would’ve been awkward for Selicity otherwise and he had no desire to put the Cat Sidhe in such a position. Besides, she had as much right in choosing their next teammate as he or Sweet did—granted consultation with the team before promising anything would’ve been nice. Sweet also seemed a little nervous around Selicity’s dark haired friend, but she hadn’t objected, which Ajax assumed to mean consent.

More importantly, Selicity didn’t appear to give up climbing the tower after achieving her original goal of finding her friend(s), which had been the main risk of having her old acquaintances reunite. Telling his Boss that the Cat Sidhe he was supposed to keep an eye on no longer wanted to climb would be uncomfortable to say the least. Was it mere coincidence that both their pasts managed to catch up to them at the same day? Ajax knew he wanted to reach the top more than the history he’d left behind, but the same couldn’t be said of Selicity climbed to retrieve parts of her past.

Therefore, as they exchanged blows out in the back, Ajax couldn’t help but wonder what thoughts—if any—ran through the Cat Sidhe’s mind at the partial success of her goals. It wasn’t usually for them to spar. Punches. Blocks. Kicks thrown in here and there. As they did so, they also practiced manipulating the natural shinsoo flow of their bodies, directing it to where it was needed to reinforce their defenses or strengthen their attacks. Selicity was better at it than him, being naturally faster, stronger, and having learned from a martial arts mistress. However, Ajax could better read Selicity’s attacks, predict them, and was overall better at shinsoo manipulation thanks to the way his reactor core was built. Therefore there were no obvious differences as they sparred.

They weren’t especially trying to hurt each other anyway. Ajax needed the exercise, Ellia needed the data, and Selicity needed to release some pent up frustration. Her feelings were an open book. While she was genuinely happy speaking with an old friend, it became painfully apparent when she was alone that she still had some personal issues that she had to resolve. It didn’t help when Ajax showed her a picture of Goyangi Sul who he’d registered as Team Hellcats 5th member.

“Do we really need a fifth member? " Blocking a fist that came from his right, Ajax countered with a left jab, which Selicity also blocked. "Isn’t one cat enough for this group? Why do we need another?”

The exchanging picked up its pace, melding into solid rhythm only possible by those who were used to fighting each other. In the meeting you missed, it was decided that the more teammates we register for the event the higher chance we have of winning.”

“How much do you know about her?”
Selicity questioned further. “What if she’s some lackey feline sent by another team to sabotage us?”

“More than Illiam Herlaa—who I’ve also registered for Team Hellcats at your request by the way.”

“That’s different,”
Selicity scowled. “Illiam is my friend.”

Ajax faked a double arm block as Selicity predictably threw all her weight into the next punch, stepping aside at the last second and opening his palms. Wires simultaneously erupted from his the tips of his gloved fingers, coiling around her extended arm and leg as Ajax flipped her so she landed with a thud on her back. “A friend you’ve only met on the second floor and who you haven’t seen for over two decades. I’d say you are more liable to get tricked than I am in this situation.”

“That’s cheating! I thought weapons weren’t allowed!”

“That’s right. I’m a cheater. Do you expect someone like me to be fooled by other cheaters that easily?”

Selicity pouted. “I guess not…but I’m not wrong about Illiam! He was really happy when I asked him to join us! And he was seriously crying when he learned about Seefi’s death...”

“Hmm,”

“…Can you look into it by the way? Seefi Grasshider? I want to know if she really has died…and all the details you can find about it.”

What will you do with that information?”

“I’m not sure,”
Selicity answered honestly from where she lay on the floor. The wires retracted, slithering back into Ajax’s Reel Goves. “For now I just want to know. It’s kinda my fault for not being a good friend anyway. Christmas Tree might’ve been a horribly, spiteful human, but it wasn’t as if she didn’t have a point. I couldn’t cry for Seefi. I was angry that Eurasia insulted her, but not about her death—not enough to want revenge anyway. Does that make me a bad friend?”

“No,”
Ajax helped Selicity from the ground. “The fact that you are asking that proves it—by my definition anyway.”

Selicity grinned and her eyes shone a dark green. “Thanks. I want to make as many friends and have as much fun with the people I like as possible. I don’t want to lose anyone else. You’re right in that I don’t know that much about Illiam, but that’s okay. I want to trust what I feel now. If he ever betrays us…” Violet momentarily flickered in the Cat Sidhe’s visual organs before she shrugged nonchalantly. “I’ll figure out what to do then.” She looked pleading at Ajax. “So do you think you can get along with him? Please?”

Ajax sighed. “Whether I like him or not, I can get along with anyone I have to. Isn’t that how I've always been? In fact, I’ve already incorporated how make use of his abilities to further enhance the team. You on the other hand…”

“…I’ll try, okay?”

“Also, try not to break any more tables, Miss Selicity. One of the regulars—who likely recognized your image from the broadcast and wanted to remove a powerful competitor—lodged a complaint for unsanctioned use of violence outside of event matches to a Workshop committee. I shut it down before it could become an issue, but it's best to not cause trouble on the Archimedes before the workshop battle is over.”

“Tch.”
Selicity rolled her eyes as she moved to get a bottle of water from the cooler. “Cowards.”

(mentioned: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Rantos Rantos simj26 simj26 )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back