• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Closed] Tower of God: Alpha Perspective

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Azure Sky

Random Lazy Guy
Supporter
"What do you desire? Money and wealth? Glory? Honor and pride? Authority and power? Revenge? Or something that transcends all of them? Whatever you desire - is in here. Tower of God."

Last edited:
20th Floor
10 years had passed...

A young man with messy white hair and light grey eyes strolled along a young man that contrasted his appearance. It was funny, because, while the young man was strolling, his companion was actually running, trying to not be late. It was the last test of the year for ascendance. If his companion missed it, he'd have to wait another year. He would also have to pay for it again, which was not one of the greatest sensations, to say the least.

"This is why I told you to train your agility, Illiam. Apart from the fact that the ladies dig it, you would not be in this predicament now." Hex said while smiling. Oh, the gates were about to close. "No worries though, I am here to help you." He said as he propulsed Illiam through the doors with a Shinsoo enhanced kick.

"Hey, what was that?" The receptionist and guards where shocked as a person blitzed through the doors and landed on the ground. The receptionist even left out a surprized scream when she saw Hex near her.
"Oh, that's Illiam Herlaa, here's his candidate number." said Hex, showing the receptionist Illiam's ID card.
"Whoa...oh." she was quick to regain composure, but the guards pointed their spears at Hex.
"Identify yourself!"
"I am known as the Most Handsome. A-rank Regular. My permanent home is in the eastern side of the middle-tower. I am a certified cool guy, and I am not married," he winked at the receptionist, "I do not smoke, but I occasionally drink. Ah, I forgot to mention that my age is..."
"Shut up, smartass! You think this is a game? I told you to show your ID. Or else I will kick y-"
"360. I have no health problems, as certified by my doctor and later by his sexy nurse." Hex was indeed talking nonsense, but he didn't like to be interrupted, so he used Reverse-Flow Control on the guards.
"What I'm trying to tell you is that..." He took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it. "This is my number." He then gave it to the receptionist together with an origami rose that he took out from his Inventory.
"Eh?" she was puzzled.

"Oi, Illiam. If you don't manage to pass this test after years of training with the great me, I will kick your ass." He said, as he disappeared from sight. Teleportation? No. Just speed. The hole in the wall was a testament to it.

"I hate this job."
-------------------------------------------

On to the test...

Weiss Delta appeared on a number of big screens in front of the Regulars, which were separated and divided into 4 blocks.

"Ah, hello. Mule Love was supposed to oversee this test. But he is on holiday, so I am taking his place. Many of you took the 2nd Floor test while I was there, so you know my name." he said, on his usual unemotional tone, keeping the usual poker face. "The rules are simple: you can fight, for 10 minutes. Those still standing will go on to the next stage." and with that, his transmition went off. The way he worded it was strange. He also put an emphasis on "can". How many Regulars could read between the lines was not his concern.

Block A- notable Regulars: Han Ji-Hyeon, Von Hare and Areum Eurasia
Block B- notable Regulars: Nyra Carciphi and Lo Po Bia Exnor
Block C- notable Regulars: Illiam Herlaa and Po Bidau Minerva
Block D- notable Regulars: John Wu and Ha Naseon

simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Rantos Rantos

Last edited:
Illiam Herlaa
Tags: Azure Sky Azure Sky
What was to blame here? As Illiam stumbled in a forwards motion he considered that question. Mulling over the physical causes, mulling over how to best hit them. Wrapping his head around any conceptual causes, wrapping his head around how to conceptually hit something. A kick to a faulty alarm clock, a punch to people moving slower than him, insults to the blabbermouth that kept him up all night. A curse to all the things that made him late for today's test.

Slowly, slowly, not quickly enough, Illiam dashes to the testing ground. Only slightly ashamed of the fact that Hex can keep pace with him the whole way with a Shinsoo enhanced brisk walk. If even that. Illiam could never claim to have ever felt resentment towards the man. Even now, paltry resentment hardly filled the space in Illiam's heart, the Hex-noose shaped hole, far better filled by a word like hatred. If he was going to be late anyway, would it be acceptable to go in for a kick? Yeah, that sounds fair enough. But just as quickly as the thought was born into Illiam's head, it was kicked out from his back.

Squarely and swiftly, Illiam found that the air rushing past his face felt refreshing. As he soared closer to the front doors, his eyes met with the receptionist. He wanted to apologize for being late and for the abrupt entrance. But his open mouth hit pay dirt long before it could utter an apology. Well, he made it, at least. Had he made it to the right place? Well, that's where faith came in.

Before Illiam could finish dusting himself off the big screens came on. And ah, that voice, it rang out with frustrating familiarity. This frustration was duly noted. And once he had vanished, leaving behind the names of notable regulars, there was a feeling of relief, seeing his name confirmed that he was in the right place, at least. Looking around the room, he didn't see any faces he recognized, with any luck the vise versa was true as well. It was anyone's guess as to when the games began. Illiam's guess was immediately. He didn't hesitate to find the biggest looking regular within the room, tall and imposing, enough to put a smile on Illiam's face. Cracking his neck, stretching his fingers, salivating at the mouth, the game had begun.

"Hey." Illiam called to a group of Regulars, grabbing their attention, quite enthusiastically. "That guy over there is Illiam Herlaa. Look's tough don't he?" Illiam pointed to the large Regular he was casing earlier. "The way I see it, if we gang up on that guy with superior numbers our individual odds at winning increase. Once's he's out, we could easily run out the clock."

Assuming they agree with Illiam, buying his bluff, for the time being, that would be a few Regulars he wouldn't have to worry about. Luckily enough, the Regulars took Illiam's bluff. Four quickly converging on the large Regular, one even shouting Illiam's name as he attacked, drawing the attention of others. What dumb luck.

"Time to do what a scout does best." Illiam walked away, creating some distance from himself and other Regulars before standing with his hands in his pockets, just observing. Simply, watching.

It'd certainly been a while, hadn't it?

The test hall's traditional je ne se quoi, like an ancient memory, was trawling itself up from the depths of her subconscious. The sickly-sweet smell of sweaty desperation permeated the air first and foremost, lightly undercut by an aroma a shade subtler, but none the less prevalent; Cocksure confidence, as it were, tended to be a much more obnoxious scent once one noticed it. The two were just like yin and yang. One couldn't exist without the other, so on and so forth.

On her name, it was sickening. Being surrounded by no-name Regulars like these really did make her stomach turn. It reminded her of frustrating times, ones in which she'd been surrounded by a lot so insufferable that it'd be kind of her to just call them ingrates.

Within the swill of Regulars, a frown deepened. She'd been told many a time before, by both family and 'friend' alike, that it was an expression that shouldn't rightly grace a set of features as delicate as her own, but she just couldn't help it. There was an incalculable, indefinite irritation that bubbled up inside of her in times like these, one that she couldn't repress no matter her diligently she fought. The more she pressed down against it, the more it simmered and bubbled and boiled and eventually rose into a screaming kettlepoint of heat and fury.

Though any signs of it would surely be lost within the thrull of the crowd, the frowning-girl's foot begun to tap incessantly atop the ground. It was a poor habit, she knew. If climbing twenty floors of the Tower had taught her anything, it was that expending any of her energy on these sorts of people was a waste.

At some point, an albino rattled off some rules and the test begun, but she hardly reacted. Long before anyone else had started to move, she'd already found herself a nice, soft wall and propped herself up against it. Even if she couldn't help but feel her stomach turn at having to be put on the same level as these people, it didn't mean she had to sink to their level. If any of them wanted to fight, she'd certainly rise to the occasion, but it otherwise wasn't worth the effort.

So deep was her withdrawal from the occasion, that she even produced a Pocket from her dress and begun to browse the latest news. The contents were, as was the norm, quite trite, but even that was a more valuable expenditure of her time than whatever this was.

The words were barely out of the admin's mouth before the block erupted into a feeding frenzy. Some of the smarter ones decided to take a hike, leaving the arena to set up a cozy camp somewhere while the barbaric brutes tore each other's heads off. Ji-hyeon would have loved to join them, all things considered, but there was just one thing that troubled her.

She could read between the lines, no problem. No, she saw where the admin was coming from. 'Can' fight. The availability of choice. Very simple concept, really. However, this also gave her the choice to very well get in the chaos and make some very large ripples in the pond. It was a win-win situation, honestly. If she could create a presence in the chaos right now, maybe by crushing the other morons in the way, she would set herself up as either a monster that no one should trifle with, or a monster that everyone would go for first. In addition to that, she would also reduce the variables that would impede her progress in the further trials. She believed that at least some of those engaged in the fighting now had the same idea that she had. Reduce variables, reduce anchors that would weigh them down.

That said, there was also use for having fewer casualties. The more people remained, the more meat shields or heavyweight lifters there would be present when it came to the future trials. Ji-hyeon threw her head up and gave a pained sigh. Why was she cursed with knowledge?! She wanted to throw her hands up into the air and curse the fates for having given her the capacity to think! She just wanted to enjoy the moment, but now, with all this strategy in her head, she was not satisfied with taking any of the opposing chess pieces away in light of them, sooner or later, coming over to bat for her!

Footsteps behind her.

Her hand reached for the grip of her shield, and with a tug, detached it from her holster. With a practiced sweeping motion, she deflected a blow from an incoming Spear Bearer, the edge of her shield swatting his crimson spear away as if it were a stick. Using the momentum, she spun on her heel. She turned her shield mid-way through its arc, and slammed the flat of it against her opponent's head without halting her shield.

She liked it when they answered her dilemmas for her, at least. She took a step forwards to her dazed target, and took hold of his head. She would classify this as a variable, then. With an almost cheery, innocent grin, she shoved his face into the dirt, and stomped down on it with her boot. Now, that variable wasn't standing any more.

"Heh heh," she allowed herself a chuckle. She was really feeling it now. Maybe this is the place she would find love again! Hah! Humor was a coping mechanism for her withdrawal, but at least it kept her sane. Steadying her shield, she started towards the fray, slowly at first, then broke into a run, her laughter mingling with the chaos.

Try as she might, she couldn't control her urges. She had a long way to go before she met that girl again. She had to keep herself entertained somehow. Besides, staying in the back and playing it passive was not the character she played.

Variables or survivors, let them set themselves apart. She supposed it was time that she classified herself too.

Nyra Carciphi

Nyra's ears perked up upon hearing a voice she hadn't expected to hear again much less here explaining the rules of another test, or rather the lack of rules. Be standing at the end of 10 minutes. No reason to fight each other, but also no reason not to. Nyra did not consider herself particularly smart, in fact quite the opposite, so if a test smelled fishy to her then surely something was off about it. This wasn't a test of strength, it was a test of personality. There would be regulars who felt the need to start a fight and show off, and there would be regulars who just wanted to run down the clock, herself among the latter. Assuming the two kinds of regulars had been mixed in each of the blocks, for the latter to have their way, they would need to counter the former with an even greater show of strength. So that was it. This was an exhibition test. It wasn't meant to knock out the weak but to identify the strong. In that case, it would probably be ideal to get through the next 10 minutes without playing her hand.

As soon as Weiss' face disappeared from the screen, Nyra backed herself into a corner and brought up a timer on her pocket for 10 minutes. In any test with a time limit, the most important thing after staying alive was knowing how long you had to keep alive for. No one was coming for her right away, maybe they just hadn't noticed the small bandaged girl hiding in the corner of the space, so she set herself up. Nyra pulled two spherical bowls from her inventory and a single lighthouse. She used the lighthouse as a seat while hugging one of the bowls against her body. The other bowl floated just below her as a footrest when the lighthouse moved to lift her off the floor.

Sitting alone just above head height, Nyra had a clear view of the other regulars. The idea of simply waiting out the next 10 minutes was shattered to pieces as soon as she looked over the other regulars in her block and found a familiar pair of golden eyes across the room. Exnor. Lo Po Bia Exnor. The self-proclaimed anti-anima. Of course she had to be in the same block as him. Nyra's bandaged face hid her expression, but her own piercing golden eyes didn't leave Exnor's face. If he wanted to fight, she would fight, and if she had to fight him, she might not last the next 10 minutes without going all out. Nyra took another glass sphere out of her inventory, just in case.

Naseon Ha
"I like this test. Ten minutes to go wild and have a good time. Say examiner guy, are you sure this counts as a real test? Are you sure you're not skimping out on your job? I won't complain too much, but this seems more like a reward than a proper test. Just saying."

Naseon's one-sided conversation with the empty screen ended with the sound of a person walking up behind him. The boy smirked and turned to look up at a much taller regular. It wasn't that impressive really, most regulars were a good head or two above Naseon. It wasn't something that bothered him. The other regular swung a fist towards Naseon. That was another thing that had never bothered him. He caught the fist with both of his hands and twisted. The regular grunted as he went down onto his knees, and then screamed as his wrist broke. The guy could still fight, but that scream had been the sound of his will to fight leaving his body. Naseon kicked that regular away and trudged towards the next. His body felt stiff, so he stretched and rotated his arms as he approached.

"Come on, entertain me a little," he said. When the regular backed away, Naseon used the spinning from his arm to push off from the floor and launch himself forward. He caught the regular's arm between his hands and twisted it back. The regular lost their footing, so he threw them into the next one, his own body following in the wake towards the next victim of his entertainment. Naseon laughed as he tossed any regular that wasn't fast enough to get out of his line of sight like they weighed nothing. He didn't break them too much, since these people weren't enemies. They weren't even worth calling opponents really. Naseon's rampage was just his way of killing time, since the examiner had specifically said he was allowed to fight during the time given. His block quickly filled with sounds of regulars crying out, and the sound of a single person laughing the whole time.

Last edited:
Block A- Von Hare
simj26 simj26 The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

The anthropomorphic rabbit stood against the wall, opposite to Areum Eurasia and studied her in silence with all his spears still in his inventory. He attracted the attention of three regulars, one female and two males, frustrated by the ass kicking they received from Ji-Hyeon, another individual of interest for the rabbit. The woman was leading the group and started talking with an air of arrogance and spite. "I guess it's true what they say. Rabbit are indeed cowa-..." The neck of the loud-mouth just up and twisted, causing her to fall to the ground. Picking up the knife the now dead woman had in her hand, Von Hare approached the second person, who let out a soft scream. "I-I'm not scared of y-you...Sta-stay ba-..." A fast punch to the gut let the man gasping for air, his death following shortly after Von Hare severed the spinal cord from the back of the neck using the knife, in a swift motion that looked like a blur. The third man fainted, and Von Hare picked up his weapon, which was, coincidentally, a spear.

The rabbit man proceeded to play with the spear, throwing it from one hand to the other so fast it gave the impression that he had 2 spears. He then lifted his arm with the spear and performed a throwing motion, but suddenly the spear disappeared. Its shadow, however, did not.

[Moon Rabbit]

The shadow of the spear became a bunny shadow, and hopped through all the shadows, before reaching Areum. It suddenly disappeared, with Von Hare materializing in front of her with one of his own spears. The one from the fainted regular was currently impaling one of Ji-hyeon's would-be opponents, through the chest. Some of the regulars already saw how Von Hare fought and stopped their movements in shock of his brutality.

"H-hey, is he for real? We were supposed to fight, not ki-..."
"Shhhh! Don't attract his attention, you moron."

"You have a few second-rate shinsoo skills on you, don't cha?" Von Hare spoke with a deep voice, then started sniffing. "Mhhhmmm. It stinks." With that said, the rabbit man threw his spear at Areum, but it was just an illusion. What followed afterwards were a series of lightning-fast spear thrusts towards Areum, with one hand (right), while he took out a carrot and ate it, using the other hand. It was Eurasia hunting season.

Block B- Lo Po Bia Exnor
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi

"Oh, great, just my luck..."
"Huh? What is it?"
"See the tattooed pretty boy, over there?"
"Yeah, what about him?"
"I was behind him at the registration, saw his ID. He's from the Ten Families. Lo Po Bia."
"So? How tough can he be?"
"Don't kid yourself, man. We're probably just mob characters by his standards. Maybe we should try to get on his good side."

[Supernova]

Exnor blasted himself from his position using shinsoo get propulsion, appearing near Nyra. "Hello there, kind Anima. Fancy meeting you again. Want to team up?"

"H-hey, he's friendly, maybe we can..."

[Smite]

The two regulars where blasted off in the nearby wall with a fiery blast each, fainting in the process. "I have no use for weaklings and cowards." He then turned his attention to the rest of the regulars. "Who wants to fight next?" He asked, smilling.

"Uh, the other guys didn't even want to fight."
"Oh, I see. Then I'll fight all of you!"
"That made no sense whatsoever, you crazy bastard! Come on guys. Ten Families or not, he can't take out all of us!"
"Hey, kind Anima. Let me know your answer after I finish beating these guys up."

Exnor then left Nyra's side and proceeded to kick ass.

Block C- Po Bidau Minerva
Rantos Rantos

The taciturn green haired and eyed girl watched as Illiam caused mayhem and sighed. She was approached by a few other regulars which tried to flirt with her.

"Hey cutie, want to team up and climb the tower with us?"

Minerva first made her two suspendium shields pop up from her armor inventory, they gravitated around her, ready to passively detect shinsoo attacks and move to block them. Then she made her observer visible, which was very big and looked like the face of a stone golem. She then stood on top of the observer and let it lift her up in the air, a few meters above everyone. She proceeded to make a bow out of green shinsoo in her left hand. A green baang formed near her right hand, from which she took out some energy, in an elongated form, which eventually took the shape of a big arrow. As she readied her bow to launch the shinsoo arrow with it, she smiled down at the regulars that where flirting with her before. They smiled back nervously.

"No."
"Ok."

[Hunting Flow: Rain]

Her eyes started glowing. As soon as she launched the arrow from her bow it dissipated into multiple smaller arrows and hit all the people that where fighting. They were eventually overwhelmed by the attack and fainted.

Minerva shifted her attention to Illiam and puffed her cheeks, pointing her finger at him. "You're clever, but you're a meanie." she pouted.

Block D- John Wu

One could have imagined John's frustration. He was holding a discourse about the importance of forming teams for the next event and why it was probably better not to fight in this round and wait, but some random shorty with a temper started attacking everyone.

"Let's keep our cool, shall we?"
"Screw that. This bastard is dead. Let's get him!"
"Yeah!"
"Oraaaa!"
"For Pandariaaaa!"
"Fus Ro Dah!"

John sighed as he watched all the idiots group up on attacking that one regular. He was actually quite strong from the looks of it. John watched with interest as bodies flew past him into the nearby wall. He could really pack a punch.

For an E-rank...

"Okaaaay. Plan B." John took out a prism-like device from his pocket which temporarily absorbed all the light in the room. Ten seconds later, the light went on again, and everyone except Naseon fainted. John looked surprised. "I was not expecting that."

"Ummm. Hey wanna team up?"

Last edited:
Illiam Herlaa
Things seemed to be going well, surprisingly so. There were those who fought, and good on them. There were those who watched, be it out of intelligence or cowardice. The latter was a more entertaining idea to entertain. Made him feel less alone as he watched the fight progress. He was keeping his eye on the raging storm within the center. Poor guy, forced to fight a battle he only half signed up for. But the guy held his own well, even as the horde kept going, slashing away, he slashed back. Backed into a corner from moment one, forced to fight like an animal, the man put on a good show. Hell, he made a better Illiam than Illiam was. Maybe... he was the real Illiam in the end.

Pondering the idea of one committing identity fraud their whole life without realizing hurts the mind. Illiam looked away from the scene, fake or real, such answers found by clearing away the fog in one's mind are dangerous. Just by thinking that dizzying fog began to clear, and Illiam found it hard to stand for a moment. Such clarity was dizzying in and of itself. No thanks.

But who was this? A regular caught Illiam's eye, and her show treated to trap it. The Regular was flying. After some rather peaceful provocation, she launched an attack in the air. A single Baang, and countless projectiles. Now, this was too good to pass up. One observer may have been enough. Two: thoroughly sufficient. Three: He was taking pictures. Gathering data as fast as his brain could process. What could be seen withing the dregs of her attack? What could be gathered from her scolding tone as she addressed Illiam directly?

Curious and curiouser. Closer and closer. Illiam wonders as he walks, the more he analyzes the more his brain rushes, questions about her fighting style, her range, and tempo, pop up with only theories for answers. The whole process has always brought a smile to Illiam's face, and today was no expectation. But what about physically? Short of stature, limbs alike. Make her head look larger in comparison. The possible weak point? A solid and widely applicable theory. Though, she remained high up, outside of Illiam's effective range. Bringing himself closer didn't seem realistic, so, the only option was to make her enter his area. Pointing back at the girl in the sky, the sparkling star raining down comets on high. Illiam addressed her.

"Do you enjoy head pats?" Illiam makes the motion with his free hand in the air. Patting an invisible something before him. His face and its serious expression conveyed well enough that this was a genuine question.

Skimming through an article detailing the latest news about the freshest young Regulars to enter the Tower this year, Areum's hands had been occupied when the air around her begun to shift. It was vapid news, to be certain, but the sort of mind numbing gossip that it offered was exact what she'd been looking for to kill some time.

Her attention, as such, had only been half fixed on the test going on around her, but that was still enough to sense the rapid approach of death as it closed in on her. A beast's stench raced in tandem with spear's head, and alarm bells rung clearly in her mind. Wordlessly, her pocket blinked out of visibility and she pulled herself forward. Her eyes might not have been able to keep up with her assailant's movements, but the rest of her senses were keenly tuned for these sorts of encounters.

By the time she'd returned her senses to the battlefield, her foe was already upon her. An illusory spear rushed towards her, quickly encompassing her vision as it closed in on her head. But still, she didn't flinch. Her movements keyed in on the hare's proper assault, and as his feint whistled harmlessly through her skull she was already moving to intercept his true strike.

With his speed, she wasn't able to defend herself entirely. Before she'd even brought her hand level with her foe's assault, his spear had already passed her through a number of times. Her body had turned on its side to dodge on reflex, she still felt the spear's head scraping away at her sides. Her body wept from shallow cuts thrice over, and the gouges in her dress told the story of what exactly would've become of her if not for her Bulwark.

On the next thrust, though, her timing was in sync. The thrust ran head on towards her, but instead of running her through it skidded to a halt as she seized it in her grip. The metallic scent of gore touched her nose as it ran through her hands, the speed of the thrust alone carrying enough force to shear the skin from her palms. Her expression darkened, but not with pain.

"Speak for yourself. That was a cheap trick." She leveled her gaze at the other Regular, nibbling away as if to taunt him. He smelled. Just the same as those antagonists she'd encountered when she'd first entered the Inner Tower. After those encounters, she'd developed a nose for it.

"You looking to entertain yourself, you piece of shit?"

The scent of a monster, that is.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

She let out a shout, not so much as a bloodcurdling cry as it was one of exultation, and charged straight into yet another of the participants, pinning her against the steel of her shield. With barely any effort on her part, she lifted her shield, and tossed the woman over her back. Ji-hyeon spun around, and fell onto the woman, aiming her elbow straight for her exposed gut. Slowly, but surely, the variables were starting to thin out, preferring to go for less troublesome fights.

One of the participants cursed, and directed his attention to her, having identified her as a far more dangerous threat than the others. Nodding to another participant, he struck a stance and pushed his hands towards her, as she leapt back to her feet, starting towards him, her shield already poised to strike. Her body froze in the midst of her movement, having been immobilised by the Shinsoo around her. For a moment, uncertainty flooded her mind. It was but for just a moment, however, as the thrill of danger flushed it away in the next. A challenge! Her eyes flashed with what could only be described as murderous joy. The Shinsoo around her shifted, and dissipated away like smoke, before flowing back towards her body, swirling around her shield and her arm.

Moving faster than a bullet from a gun, much faster than anything possessing the same size as it was, the shield slammed into the Wave Controller. His body flew across the arena like a ragdoll being tossed aside. He bounced off the wall with a wet snapping sound, and hit the ground, unmoving.

Ji-hyeon rolled her free arm, and had already turned her attention to her victim’s supposed partner before he even struck the wall, ready to meet their weapon, but by the time she did, they had already been run through by a spear. Her eyes darted across the field, seeking the culprit of this heinous crime. Though there were many Spear Bearers still within the midst, her attention was arrested by what could only be an anthropomorphic rabbit, who was going on the offensive against another participant in the corner of the arena.

Something drew her towards them. She was like a moth to flame- she was attracted towards power, and these two exuded something much more special than the other riffraff she had swatted away like flies. Though her face remained almost serene, her heart burned with passion. Those two- they will be exempted from the category of variables. They will survive. She will see to it. She started forwards, steadily quickened her pace, then broke into a run. The Shinsoo around her body faded away, gathering into her legs, and, at once, she shot forwards with a single bound.

She arrived in between them, white smoke curling around her body as the Shinsoo around her returned to its normal state. With an upward sweep, she struck the spear out of the smaller girl’s grip, scattering gravel as the edge of her shield scraped through the ground, scarring it with a deep divot. Resting her shield on her shoulder, she gripped onto her Needle with her other hand, and smirked towards the girl. Though her stance was simple, almost lazy, her shield was poised just nicely to be able to deflect any incoming blows from the rabbit, and her Needle, though lowered, was at a position where it could intercept any attacks directed her way from the girl. There were, however, huge holes in her stance- namely, she was in no position to attack them either.

The strategy was simple. She was going to stall these two for time, and, for added challenge, she wasn’t going to say a single word. There wasn’t any actual obligation for her to do just that- she just wanted to see what kind of conclusions these two would come up with for her. It would make for some kind of entertainment. What would they see her as? A madwoman? A bloodthirsty warrior who just wanted to fight? Just some weirdo?

More importantly, what would they do?

Block A- Von Hare
The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26

"Lapin~"

Von Hare smirked as his nose twitched. The young lady of the Eurasia family was feisty. With the risk of harming herself, she still had the guts to catch his spear. Splendid. She had character if nothing else.

"You looking to entertain yourself, you piece of shit?"

A lot of character. The rabbit man just stood still looking at her, with a toothy grin on his face. "Indeed." He replied, as he took out another carrot. Intuition? Decent. Reflexes? Decent. Personality? Perfect for playful bullying teasing. Strength? She was macho enough. Shinsoo control? Underwhelming. "For shame. You won't even end up as a third rate Ranker with those unpolished Shinsoo skills..." Von Hare said on a tone that was filled with fake compassion. He proceeded to eat his second carrot.

Being so focused on the Regular in front of him, the rabbit man did not sense Ji-Hyeon approaching. Only when she was in close proximity.

"Hase?"

Von Hare was briefly surprised by the smoky muscular lady that suddenly appeared in front of him, managing to force his spear out of Areum's hands and shielding both of them with that big slab of metal. Oh it was a shield. A very sturdy looking one. And then it clicked! "Lapin~ You were my other person of interest. Now my curiosity piqued." He said as he took another bite out of his carrot.

He could have used his speed to circle around them and overwhelm them with strikes, or he could have went for another carrot. He decided he would do neither of those things. He instead used some Shinsoo for a bit. As he lifted one of his arms, a hand made out of some sort of black sludge came out of the shadow of the Regular that Von Hare previously made faint. The hand caught the man by a leg and thew him at the rabbit man, disappearing in the process. Von Hare then caught the man and held him by one of his legs. He proceeded to hit Ji-Hyeon's shield continuously with the man's body, using him as a weapon. With each hit Von Hare made, the man's body would suffer more and more damage.

The scene of utter cruelty left the other still conscious Regulars speechless and in shock. Some of them started to cry. They felt like small rabbits in front of a giant wolf...

How ironic.

Block C- Minerva
Rantos Rantos

Fantastic. She got his attention. He even started to walk towards her. With an observer out. Then two. And now three...

What is he doing?

Minerva was puzzled. None of her Po Bidau teaching prepared her for such bizzare behaviour. He kept getting closer, with a very serious face. Was he preparing to use some sort of attack? What sort of attack used three observers? Was he a Light Bearer? Was he about to unleash some sort of attack after making his Lighthouses visible? Minerva took an offensive stance, ready to fire, while also looking at Illiam with great curiosity. What was he about to do?

"Do you enjoy head pats?"

If Minerva enjoyed headpats. That's what he asked. He even did a little motion. Hmm, yes, indeed. She remembered the time when she wanted her father to give her attention. But he never gave her a headpat. Only her mother did, from time to time, and her nanny. She used to love her nanny as a kid. Since she'd give her more attention than her parents. But she understood. Her parents where busy paving the way for state of the art Shinsoo research. She had to be a good girl. Even after her mother left she still behaved like a good girl. She trained hard, studied, and hoped that one day her father would recognise her prowes, and give her a well deserved head p-...

The young lady of the Po Bidau family's bow disappeared and four Baangs formed around her. "Wh-..." She tried to speak. "Wha-..." She was almost speechless. But she persevered.

"What sort of indecent question are you asking? Pervert!" She shouted as she blushed slightly and lost composure. Meanwhile her Baangs where firing powerful blasts of Shinsoo indiscriminately in all directions. Many Regulars where running for cover. But there was no cover. So either they were lucky, fast enough to dodge, or they were hit.

Nyra Carciphi

As soon as Exnor launched himself in her direction, Nyra had brought a bowl to float between herself and him. It seemed to vibrate, and then a thin crack appeared on its smooth glass-like surface as she prepared to launch her own attack.

"Hello there, kind Anima. Fancy meeting you again. Want to team up?"

No. I want nothing to do with teams, and I want nothing to do with you, Anti-Anima. Go away.

Exnor blasted away a pair of regulars like they were nothing.

Could she deal with this person? Probably not. Maybe she could. No. She could. Cracks spread around the sides of the floating bowl.

"Hey, kind Anima. Let me know your answer after I finish beating these guys up." And with that he shot off to brawl with the other regulars.

Nyra's golden eyes chased Exnor around the space, never losing sight of her... She lowered her hand and the cracked bowl. That's right, this person was nobody to her. She didn't care what he thought about her, nor did she care about what he did. So there was no problem with letting him clear the way for her. Her golden eyes closed. Fine, she'd let this person help her. And when she didn't want to see him any more, she'd make him leave. Not a team, just something convenient.

The lighthouse she sat on floated towards Exnor and the fighting regulars, stopping above the center of the room. Her golden eyes were downcast as she watched the cracked bowl roll out of her hands and fall down. It came to a stop floating in the air just before it hit the floor. And then the crack split the bowl in two and the whole thing simply exploded.

The glass-looking spheres that Nyra used to store shinheuh contained vast amounts of shinsoo, not only compressed to be dense enough for the shinheuh to find comfortable, but then compressed further to a more manageable size, slightly larger than Nyra's head about. Normally when a compressed bowl was broken, it remained compressed while breaking, letting the shinsoo escape harmlessly. That was for safety. Nyra had altered the construction of her bowls so that when they broke the shinsoo within became decompressed. That is to say, when the bowl split across the middle it released a wave of shinsoo that rapidly grew in both speed and size as it escaped. She'd chosen this spot because no other regulars were too close. Getting hit by a half-compressed wave of shinsoo wouldn't just push someone back, it would cut right through a person, even someone with good shinsoo resistance if they were too close. She didn't want to kill anyone. Those further away were hit by the full force of the wave and thrown, smashed, crushed against the ungiving walls of the room. Probably not hard enough to kill, but she couldn't blame herself for their weakness if it did. She couldn't climb the tower while worrying so much about others like that.

The settling shinsoo splashed her legs as Nyra dropped to the floor. She had to be standing when the test ended to pass. That was how she'd interpreted the rules of the test. Be standing at the end of 10 minutes. No need to fight. No need at all. Blood in the swirling shinsoo stained her bandaged legs. Was that her fault or from Exnor? It didn't matter. She couldn't let it matter to her.

"You're finished now," she said. Her voice was light, carefree, and careless. She smiled, or rather the bandages covering her mouth gave the impression of a smile. "I don't see any reason why not."

Naseon Ha
The regular Naseon had been fighting with sagged limp in his hands. He tossed them away like a broken toy and rounded on the sole remaining regular. This unassuming blond-haired boy had just knocked out every single other regular without even touching them. Naseon had no idea how he'd done it. When the light had gone out, the regular in his hands had been struggling to free themselves one second, and the next they'd simply stopped. As far as Naseon could tell, the person responsible hadn't done anything when the light had gone out. He hadn't moved. Naseon couldn't tell if he'd moved. The shinsoo around him wasn't disturbed, and given that he'd just knocked out all of the fodder, the lack of disturbance was even more disturbing.

"Ummm. Hey wanna team up?"

This kid, despite his looks, he was strong. But... since Naseon was still standing, he was stronger. His green eyes shone over a wicked smile. He swung his arm around as he walked up to the strong regular, gathering shinsoo and power behind him. The wave of shinsoo flowed past as Naseon raised his arm... and offered his hand.

"Neat trick," he said while holding out his arm, "You'll have to show me how you did that at some point. The name's Ha Naseon. It's nice to finally meet someone in this tower that has a tiny bit of power backing up their stupid dreams."

There it was. It was that same taunting grin she'd seen painted over so many faces before. Just like when she'd faced the Princess, and so many other times since she'd entered the Tower, she was being looked down upon.

She closed her eyes for a moment, blocking her foe's infuriating visage from her mind. In the depths of her chest, an emotion faintly beat.

Even through the young woman's clenched eyelids, it was clear that her gaze was as black as pitch. Her mind raced with possibilities, weighing her skills against that of her foe's and only finding dead end after dead end. Her Bulwalk would've normally been enough to do battle with any of the Regulars at this level, but even a glancing blow from the spear of his had been enough to draw blood. She couldn't even detect any Shinsoo in use, either. Sweat tried to form on her brow, but as if the searing heat of her blood was forcing it to evaporate, it never did.

When she opened her eyes, she was half-expected to be face to face with her maker. At the very least, that would've been less frustrating than the sight she was truly met with.

Her empty, bloodied hand, and the sulfurous stench of an intruder. In her brief stint of contemplation, she must have been so enrapt as not to notice it. The descend of white-hot fury onto the battlefield, as strong and swift as the heroes of yore, and her foe's weapon being torn straight from her fingertips. Between her and her assailant a hulking beast of a woman now stood, forming a shield wall as if to protect her from harm.

"Is this really what I've been reduced to..." She muttered under her breath. If her grimace could've deepened any further, then it would've. Her frame heaved, expelling a long, low and heavy breath as the other two went about beginning their bout. Blood was still seeping from her wounds, dropping silently to paint the test-room floor. Wordlessly she regarded the inky red puddles, and then her hot blooded peers. This didn't have to involve her anymore. An uncharacteristic coolness ebbed out through her mind, and she slowly worked to regain her composure.

She didn't budge on inch, nor speak a word. Even as the other Regulars looked on in horror at the wretched act of brutality unfolding in front of them, she merely laid herself back up against the wall, and watched. The woman was a stranger to her, and the man was a pest. Her foolhardly bravado was hardly an issue that she any responsibility to charge herself with. Likewise, if some idiot was willing to try and play the role of exterminator, then they could be her guest.

simj26 simj26 Azure Sky Azure Sky

Block B- Exnor

The young Lo Po Bia was quite introspective, despite what his outer actions and demanour. One couldn't evolve if they weren't, he thought. Thus he gave up early on trying to fight Nyra and her Shinheuh. She looked like she genuinely cared for them, without trying to force them to obey. They seemed naturally attacted to her. Thus Exnor thought that maybe what attracted Shinheuh to Nyra was her compassion, not skills. She was probably just as much a symbol of freedom as he was trying to be.

"Eat this you snobbish bastard!" Ah, a Regular hit Exnor in the face while he was mind was elsewhere. "Ouuuchhh!" Oh, they hurt their hand. Exnor felt kinda sorry for them. That, however, did not stop him from punching back. The man was sent flying.

Exnor suddenly felt a wave of pressure from behind. Just enough to make him take another step forward. The other people, however, were not as lucky. He turned around to see Nyra as the only person standing apart from himself.

"You're finished now."

Indeed he was. The Anima was more vicious than he thought. Maybe he misjudged her. She could actually pack a punch. Exnor was pleasantly surprised that Nyra was not a damsel in distress which needed protection from her Shinheuh 24/7 like Exnor initially thought when he met her on the 2nd floor.

"I don't see any reason why not."

Exnor smiled. "Good to hear."

Nyra Carciphi and Lo Po Bia Exnor advancing to the next round.

Block D- John Wu

John didn't know what to expect from the other Regular. He seemed like a hot-tempered, combat-hungry one. He was predominantly expecting him to not accept his preposition for an alliance and when Naseon charged Shinsoo into his fists John was prepared to counter, even if on the outside he looked like he was standing still unable to react.

"Neat trick."

John shaked the short man's hand. Sincere and a simpleton, apparently. It worked out well for John though. He didn't have to resolve to more violence and show his cards this early. He silently smiled and nodded at Naseon.

"You'll have to show me how you did that at some point. The name's Ha Naseon. It's nice to finally meet someone in this tower that has a tiny bit of power backing up their stupid dreams. "

"Heh. Sure, we can talk about that after this event is over. I'm John Wu. It is flattering to be praised by such a strong person."

A Ha Family member huh? That's why he is so strong... for an E-rank.

John's unassuming happy expression looked so genuine that one would not have been able to tell what was actually going on within his mind. And he would keep it like that.

Ha Naseon and John Wu advancing to the next round. The defeated Regulars later woke up in deep pain and with difficulty to breathe. Apparently their body was invaded by something.

Illiam Herlaa
The apertures hissed as the lens adjusted. His eyes, all 5 of them, remained on the shooting star in the sky. Shutters belonging not to the observers opened and closed, a snapshot for every second. Open and close, another one for the road. The image of her face, refracted in reverse on Illiam's mind, quickly burned into grey matter folds. Her, confused still face. Was she thinking to herself? A flashback seemed like a dangerous move in the middle of a test. But damn if that bravado didn't bring a smile to Illiam's face.

She seemed to be coming to, regaining her animation, now with added blush. And as the bow vanished from existence, four Baangs took it's place. Finally, something to really look at. Why did the bow leave, why did three Baang's enter? Can you only have a little Baang with the bow? Was the bow a construct that required a Baang, or a Baang itself? What advantage does she gain from doing away with it? Less firepower, more firepower, better control, more options... or maybe, she simply becomes dull when she gets flustered.

This endless theorizing proves to be a bad habit. Even as the sky filled with green comets he admired them, looking for any pattern in the chaos. Something to exploit. Something to support. He entertained both ideas. He admired the power, the lack of hesitation, the burning pain that struck like a concentration of needles, countless needles. He admired that pain twice over.

Watching the Regulars fall one by one to the explosive might, Illiam believed he may have found a rhythm. Taking the erratic path, zigzag and jagged-jack, working his way closer all the same to the flying Regular who without a doubt had to be Minerva. Picking up a limp Regular along the way, Illiam walks closer and closer. His strange path leading to narrow evasions. Bolts of stinging pain whizzing by. And when one came that couldn't be avoided without running into the path of another, Illiam threw the Regular he held in tow at it. Mentally saluting the Regular for his efforts, and his sacrifice for the greater good. Illiam, finally, firmly planted himself directly under Minerva. Looking up towards the girl, he called.

"I'll be waiting here then. Just come down when you're ready. But take your time, so you can fix up... ya know." Illiam points to his own face. Holding his breath, causing them to flush slightly with red. "That."

Block C- Minerva
Rantos Rantos

The young lady of the Po Pidau family took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Unbecoming of a person of her standing, to get flustered because of the random words of some random Regular. Yes, she needed to keep her cool, be the bigger person, the smarter one, the one in control. She couldn't let this man toy with her anymo-...

"I'll be waiting here then. Just come down when you're ready. But take your time, so you can fix up... ya know."
"That."

For the split of a second, Minerva's mind went blank. She started massaging her temples, trying not to let herself go haywire. The utter amount of disrespect this man had shown her thus far was beyond anything she had encountered and dealt with so far. Yes, there were guys hitting on her or trying to manipulate her, but never has anyone been so adamant on giving her a headpat. Was he making fun or her? Was he a wierdo? No, he was definetly a wierdo. What she didn't know was if he was being serious or not. But looking at his serious expression...

"Oh Zahard. This guy is serious." Ok, so he was a pervert with a peculiar headpat fetish. That was new. Minerva looked at him as if she were looking at walking garbage. Then a smile formed across her face. "Underestimating me, are we? Well, maybe a truly coordinated series of attacks will make him change his attitude. Fufufu." Indeed, Minerva formed her Shinsoo bow again, and was ready to cause mayhem. She would put him in his place. She would...
_________________________________________ _ _ _
"...Bugs."
"...you can give a name and feel affection for it, but a bug is still just a bug."
"Not worth your time..."
_________________________________________ _ _ _

Minerva's expression saddened for a moment, before switching to an emotionless stare. She looked around to see which Regulars weren't knocked out. Now with a cool head, she analysed the situation carefully: arrogant, and confident, Illiam had dodged her attacks. Uncoordinated attacks, but fast nonetheless. He was not intimidated like the rest of the remaining conscious Regulars, granted, it could have been bravado, or a psychological tactic.

"I refuse."

Only one way to find out.

"To those still standing. If you want me to stop attacking you, then... defeat this pervert currently beneath me."

Her observer carried her higher in the air, shifting her position to the centre of the arena. From there, she had her eyes, enhanced with Shinsoo, fixated on Illiam.

Some of the Regulars looked at each other, nodded, and approached Illiam. "Sorry. Nothing personal."
1587842166380.png

And their attack began. Most where average, with the swordsman and the cat mask being half-decent for normal e-rank Regulars.

The girl didn’t attack, and, instead, backed off to the corner, putting Ji-hyeon between her and the rabbit. The rabbit, however, decided to go on the offense, with the worst possible weapon- a human body. There were many other better options if one wanted to inflict grievous harm with a body, which usually involved using any other body types that weren’t a human’s. While the consistency was quite average, with the rating coming in at around the 6.5 out of 10, the rabbit could do better. The human body, especially when unconscious and not able to use Shinsoo, would not be able to stand up to the test of being slammed against a steel wall.

If the rabbit was attempting to wear on her mental fortitude, then he was clearly failing. She climbed her way up to this floor, and, while she wouldn’t say she’d seen worse, she could confidently admit that she had seen just as bad. Taking a life weighed little on her shoulders. Plus, she reasoned that she wasn’t doing the taking. This was in self-defense. This would not be in one of her tallies, she mused to herself calmly as she weathered the blows that the rabbit was raining down on her. She waited, counting the blows he laid upon her, until at last, her mind grasped the pattern.

Even in chaos, there was order, she always told herself, just as in the midst of the rain of blows, there was a small gap of reprieve. In that one small gap, she adjusted her grip, and swung her shield, parrying the attack as the rabbit lunged forwards once more. With the momentum, she swung her Needle forwards, aiming to scratch, not even wound, the rabbit with its tip. The uneven smile held on her expression, almost as if she took this as a game.

Unbeknownst to all, she did take it as if it were no more than a game. Would she live? Would she die? Would she achieve her nonsensical objective? Who knew? Who cared? All that mattered was that she was having a ball of a time.

Illiam Herlaa
So, what was the next reaction? Minerva had been giving nothing short of the best. Haughty innocence mixed with raw power, a purely exciting combination. One that would make climbing this tower more entertaining as a result. But, given the constant provocation, his chances of getting her to climb with him were slim at this point. And he didn't plan to stop. Illiam was already in for a pound. Not to mention, Minerva had already summoned her bow. A beautifully expected response, bringing a smile to Illiam's face. A smile that grew all the wider once Minerva had made her next move in earnest.

Was this justice? Justice without jury, judge, evidence, or even a courthouse. Or maybe, she stood in place of all those things. It was a fitting end to this test, that Illiam would be undone by the same tactics. Illiam pointed up at Minerva, as she started to float to the center his finger followed.

"You're clever, but you're a meanie. I like that~" One of Illiam's observes follows Minerva. Zoom and focus, staying a safe distance as it watches her. All the while his own slited eyes move to focus on the more immediate threat. A rather large group of regulars, humanoid, average height, incredibility stylized. A few dimes out of the dozen, nothing that hasn't been seen before.

"Sorry, nothing personal."

"And hopefully no hard feelings."

They were organized, as soon as one started an attack, the rest joined in. The sword-bearing Regular, Illiam's favorite, was the first to strike. He ran at Illiam, lifting his sword over his head, holding it behind his back, his pose telegraphing a clear overhead strike. Probably 90 degrees with only a few degrees of acceptable deviation before such a stand would be inefficient. Fine, a Shinsoo enhanced fist aimed to strike the side of the blade should be enough to redirect, and open up. After that, it's up to instinct to follow up. Sounds simple enough, all that was left was to make it happen. So why didn't it happen?

The hit connected without resistance, the sword cut clean, though not deep, bringing some blood with it, and Illiam's hand felt numb. His arm blasted backward by an invisible force, it was as far from the sword as it could get. He staggered back. His eyes, all five of them now, focusing on the group of Regulars. What, happened. Sword. Mask. Shinsoo, Baang. Mask. Hands, pockets. Keywords flash with every synapse snap as Illiam looked at the scene, trying to come up with a working theory. Dog Boy closes the distance, and as he readies another strike, a Baang forms around the Fox. Illiam dodges but feels an invisible force knock him back into Dog Boy's second strike. Ah, the Fox is a wave controller. Interrupting movements directly to help Dog Boy attack. Not bad.

Illiam readies himself for the second strike, this time Dog Boy attacks from the side, and Illiam readies his hand to catch, only to have it blasted away by that numbing force. And as the blade rushes closer and closer, one of his observers meets the path of the sword, blasting through and interrupting the attack. In the instant both Regulars find themselves thrown off balance, Illiam's observer crackles, and sparks. Static Shinsoo arcs of the metal orb, hitting each of the Regulars as it bounces body after body. Illiam follows, riding the lighting, attacking in the seconds after the electric attack passes through their systems. His own body crackling and sparking all the same. By the time he gets to the Fox, his own smile mirrors the glee perfectly pained on the mask, and surpasses as the mask splinters apart. Holding the Prey by his face, Illiam sends a few more shocks of Shinsoo through his body before discarding him. Illiam watches as the rest of the Regulars stumble to rise. Some choosing to stay down. He checked the Tim on his pocket before reaching out his hand in their direction.

"Let's take a vote. I could keep shocking y'all until the test ends, or, we can all stay still for a minute to catch our breaths. Stand up if you're in favor of a shock." Illiam looks up at Minerva after he opens the vote. What little impish dredges of a smile fade, in favor of a wink.

Block A- Von Hare

Disheartening...

Von Hare was expecting a double whammy pleasant surprise. But Areum was not into it. Ji-Hyeon seemed to have fun at least. She also seemed to be unaffected by the rabbit man's brutality.

Also disheartening...

As she parried his attack one last time, Von Hare let go of the man's barely alive body. When Ji-Hyeon plunged at him with her needle, he smiled cheerfully. Unfortunately, the feeling of hitting Von Hare with it would have been like hitting armor or a sturdy wall. "Sad. You need at the very least an activated Ignition Weapon to scratch me, even if I'm not enhancing my body with Shinsoo." He could have been bluffing though. Or he could have enhanced his body with Shinsoo beforehand. Hard to tell.

"Heh, you're smiling. You attacked me with a non-Shinsoo based attack, and you're smiling..." Von Hare acted like he was saddened. "What is this mockery?" He started acting all theatrical, looking at a non-existent crowd, as if he were putting on a performance on stage. He then looked at Ji-Hyeon and Areum with pseudo-pleading eyes. Dark-coloured Shinsoo started bursting violently from his body. Two great black orbs manifested themselves above him, and three pairs of furry hands came out form both, each arm holding an energy spear.

"Is sanity... the price to pay... for power?" Each time he paused, Von Hare took a different dramatic pose. The spears where convulsing in an aggresive manner.

"I- I give up. I don't wanna partecipate anymore!"
"Me neither... Ranker, Ranker! I quit."
"Me too!"

The other Regulars where pleading with the administration. They wanted out.

"Lapin~"

[To Be Continued]
--------------------------------------------
Block C- Minerva

"You're clever, but you're a meanie. I like that~"

"Tch."

"Touche."

While Illiam was busy fighting the other Regulars, Minerva was charging her Shinsoo arrow using energy from two Baangs. She was in position and ready to launch, paying close attention to the man, as he made quick work out of the other Regulars, with her enhanced eyes. He was strong. Stronger than anyone Minerva had ever faced before. But equally arrogant. As Illiam gave a chance to the other Regulars to pass, he also looked up at Minerva with his ever-present smug look.

Minerva actually smiled back. Menacingly. "You're a surprisingly nice guy." She said, as she launched her hyper-charged arrow towards Illiam and, indirectly, the rest of the Regulars at high speed, which became a gigantic energy blast. She was a surprisingly not so nice girl sometimes.

[Shark Arrow]

She was not gonna say that name outloud.

As the shock of the blast would have, without a doubt, knocked out the other Regulars, Minerva wasn't so sure it was enough to take down a Regular of Illiam's calibre. So she was ready to strike again with a shower of multiple arrows, as she did before...
------------------------------------------------
Block A & C- Announcement: Weiss

"Time's up."

"Eh?" Both Von Hare and Minerva where disappointed.

"All standing Regulars can now go through the door for the next phase."

"Damn! I can't believe this. We actually survived."

"Also, those Regulars from Block A that announced they quit. I heard you loud and clear. Better luck next time."

"H-hey, we're still standing!"
"Yeah! You can't just-"

"This tower has no need for cowards." Weiss replied on a harsh, ice-cold tone.

-----------

Phase 2

As all the Regulars that passed gathered in the same room, their names appeared on a screen. Weiss was there as well. "Eh, congrats. Now for the second part." He got out of the way to show the Regulars... a punching machine. "Preparing something else seemed like a drag, so I kept things as Love liked them." With that said, he proceeded to explain what the machine was all about.

Names on screen: Areum Eurasia, Han Ji-Hyeon, Von Hare, Nyra Carciphi, Lo Po Bia Exnor, Illiam Herlaa, Po Bidau Minerva, Len Lumiere, Ha Naseon, John Wu

Rantos Rantos
simj26 simj26
The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Her shoulders jerked.

"Man~ Isn't that embarrassing?" At the stroke of the thirtieth minute, Areum stepped out from her corner with an exaggerated swagger in her step. "How does it feel, rodent? Popping about with all that pomp and circumstance and then you let yourself get beaten by a clock? Yeesh." Her voice harped with glee and she approached the other two Regulars. Briefly, Areum's perpetual frown turned into a faint grin.

"Mmm. Anyway." For a short while the young woman regarded her would-be savior, and after that while her gaze sunk back down into its usual state of sulk. "Don't get any big ideas, lady. Pull a stunt like that again and I'll have your head, understand? Unlike like rodent here, I'm not the type to play with toys."

The ex-heiress's eyes bored into the other woman, if only for the most scant of moments. The rabbit was a pain in her neck to be sure, but it was people like her that really got under her skin. The kind of person who looked down on her like she was some sort of damsel in distress.

"Right then! Glad we understand each other. See you never, I hope."

---
"Not really my specialty..." The young woman mumbled to herself whilst she considered the test. She couldn't exactly say that this was a new experience for her. Speed and power did tend to be the most broadly favored attributes in these tests, after all. Her brow furrowed noticeably as she recalled more than one close call she'd had because of just that dilemma.

She scanned the rest of the Regulars in her group, and was none too pleased by what she saw. Sparks of recognition fired in her brain. It was just one thing after another today. She'd not even deign to grace them with the thought of their names, let alone an acknowledgement of their existence, so her eyes passed over the crowd without incident.

"I suppose I'll go first, then." Areum announced to the crowd, not bothering to listen for any protestations. She'd get this out of the way without any fuss or muss. As she approached the machine, a thin sheen of Shinsoo enveloped her fist. Cool blue energy rippled around her fingertips, and without a twitch of indication her fist whipped out towards the punching machine.

Her first stopped dead on the machine, neither she nor the contraption budging a millimeter. Her expression was impossible to make out as the blow connected, but those of keener eyes might have noticed a ripple of relief carrying itself across her frame. She didn't exactly had a point of reference for a passing grade, but she had a feeling that her result would have been enough.

Ha Naseon

Naseon leaned back and laughed. He couldn't have come up with an easier test if he'd been given time to think on it. Punch this. He could do that. He could do that better than anyone else here, that much he was sure of. But should he just walk up and punch the thing, guaranteeing himself a passing score? No, that would be boring. He wanted to widen the gap between himself and the filler. And he needed to prove his superiority to the person he'd allied himself with. John Wu. Naseon couldn't leave their relationship uncertain. After his performance in the last test, it was likely that person thought themselves comparable to Naseon. That idea needed clearing.

Or maybe he just didn't feel like holding back. He'd punch the shit out of that annoying-looking machine.

"Congratulations," he shot a wicked grin towards his 'ally'. "You're luck enough to be standing beside the person who's coming in first on this test. Don't worry about embarrassing yourself up there, no one will remember the other scores after I destroy that machine." he clapped John on the back and walked away to an isolated corner of the room. He needed time to prepare. He'd wait until everyone else had gone. Save the best for last. He grinned, already sure of his victory.

A green baang flickered to life in Naseon's palm. Its center darkened as the green edges seemed to get sucked inwards. And then the effect grew beyond the edges of the baang and began to tug on the ambient shinsoo in the room. This was Naseon's technique that could pack the most power into a single attack: Nautilus. It had originally been a purely defensive technique, but he'd turned it into something more directly offensive. It gathered shinsoo into his palm and then compressed it, becoming more and more dense, highly unstable, only held together by the continued pull of more shinsoo into it. As soon as the pull was stopped... boom. He only needed to charge it up.

In his lone corner of the room, Naseon began his dance. Given his personality, this was at odds with everything he projected. His mocking smile fell and cruel eyes closed and he turned his body around with the measured elegance of a practiced ballerina. It was a feminine dance, something he'd learned with the person he now climbed the tower to reunite with. He'd danced with her all the time growing up. He'd look the fool putting on a show dancing in front of strangers without hesitation to get her back.

The shinsoo swirled around his fingers into the baang as it rolled around his fingers and arms. When he moved, the shinsoo resisted him. As always, he could feel it pressing down on him, like it wanted to crush him specifically. He twirled and spun to escape its pressure, slowly at first. The shinsoo was slow to react initially, as always, but as his body got used to the resistance it gradually fell away. The shinsoo within the room began to react and move towards the boy as he danced, and the green baang between his gloved hands greedily sucked it all in.

Nyra Carciphi
"Why is he here?" Nyra's golden eyes glared at one of the other regulars that had passed the first test. Another face she remembered that she'd prefer to forget, aside from Exnor. It was Illiam. She turned on Exnor. "Were you climbing with that person?" Her voice was accusing, leaving little room for imagination in how she felt about Illiam. Nyra disliked Exnor, but Illiam unsettled her in a way no other regular had before or since.

Nyra was not strong. She had no instincts to tell the strong from the weak, and so she had to assume that every regular was stronger than herself. But her shinheuh were creatures used to living in a world of predators and prey. She could use their reactions as a measure of how dangerous an enemy was. Yazi and Siri were the shinheuh she'd had with her when she'd entered the floor of tests, by far her most loyal and powerful allies. No other person aside from rankers had manged to intimidate Yazi and Siri, but even her most formidable shinheuh backed down from Illiam. It was bad enough that Exnor and Illiam knew about them, but if it came down to a fight, Nyra knew she couldn't beat Illiam. Worse case scenario, she'd have to retake this floor's test. No, worst case scenario was Illiam killing Yazi and Siri. Retaking the test wasn't even a distant second.

She tapped a bandaged finger against her face. "What to do. What to do. What to..." She looked to Exnor. "Exnor, how do you think Illiam would respond to an offer to join forces for this floor's tests?" This question was strange, almost painful, for her to say aloud. The thought of being in a team sickened her, being on the same team as that person even more so, but if that was the best path to avoid confrontation with Illiam, she'd take it.

This was all before Weiss walked out and pretty much announced that Nyra would not be passing the next test anyway. A simple strength test. There was no way she could pass this. More than a small part of her was actually relieved that she'd fail such a safe test, before having to actually deal with Illiam, or Exnor for that matter. She could fail here, retake the test later, and continue on her merry way without having to worry about either of them. She could even slow down her climb just to make sure she didn't catch up with those annoyances. She'd probably catch up to Exnor anyway, she thought.

She didn't bother saying of this to her temporary 'ally' as she just walked unhurried to the front of the room. She passed the girl that had jumped up first. She'd scored high, over ten thousand. Nyra kind of hoped she could his half of that. A third would be okay too. She could feel the preemptive embarrassment rising towards her face before she even got up to the machine.

"Well, nothing to do about it."

Black spots darkened the bandages covering her hand and arm as she reared back for a punch. When she threw it forward, her entire arm had turned back, like she'd submerged her arm in ink. Her punch connected solidly with the floating measurement device. "Ow." Her face was hidden under her hood as she turned and walked back.

She didn't say anything, she just sat down on the floor near where she'd left Exnor. The black color had faded from the bandages around her arm, all except around her knuckles, where there was a new stain growing. As weak as it had been, that punch had been enough to split the skin of her knuckles. Nyra hid her hand beneath her robes until she'd rebandaged it enough times to hide the blood. There was no hiding her laughable score however.

Another loony. He was definitely not her type. The funny ones, ironically, never actually had any funny reactions. Her smile remained on her face, but her eyes told another story. The thrill previously present in them faded away, replaced by sullen depths. She was tired of this charade. She shifted her foot back, as the rabbit readied his own attack. Time to skin this rabbit. As if meeting his challenge, she shifted one foot backwards, smoke beginning to coalesce and wrap around her body and her shield. The metal on her shield groaned, and began to grind, moving on its circular grip.

"Time's up."

The smoke dissipated from her body, drifting into the air. Ji-hyeon straightened up, her expression returning to normal, one gloved hand moving to straighten her shield. Without a look of effort, she pushed the blades back to their original position and dusted down the edge. It was a practiced motion that she had executed so many times before, having played many fights to the ends of their stipulated timing. It was almost instinctual for her to execute the same motions at the moment the administration announced that time was up. She smirked at the rabbit, and hefted her shield behind her, hooking it onto its holster. She would make sure he would be dinner the next time. She didn't bother to even grace the other girl with her attention as she came up to chide her for her interference. It wasn't as if she was doing it to save her or anything. It was just out of curiousity. Was she who Ji-hyeon suspected she was? When the names of those who succeeded in going forwards appeared on the screen, she was pleased to affirm that she was.

Yes, while Ji-hyeon herself barely cared for the politics of the tower, she had her ear on the ground. A disgraced child of Eurasia, playing at becoming a Ranker just so she could get back into the graces of her family. Those were the rumors floating around. Ji-hyeon often wondered, before meeting her, would this Eurasia girl have the moxie to make her way up the Tower? Become what her family-- no, every family desired? Would she be able to live up to her family name? Yes, Ji-hyeon was curious, and from what she had seen today, the girl had potential. Ji-hyeon was interested in this story of hers. So, while Areum Eurasia laid it upon Han Ji-hyeon with venom-laced words, the latter simply scoffed and held her hand out to the rabbit instead, for a shake. It was a matter of policy for her. No hard feelings, just two Regulars trying to make it in a foolish, foolish world. More than that, it was kind of a sign of respect.

Whether the rabbit took her hand or not, she slipped her hands back into her pockets, and meandered away, her classic slouch returning to her posture.

----

Ji-hyeon squatted, just outside of the small group, her fingers interlaced with each other, her expression set in a wistful, devil-may-care look, as she watched as Areum Eurasia stepped up first, and strike the measuring device. Ji-hyeon nodded, impressed at the girl's score. Her boast about not being here to play with toys held water. She was capable of handling herself, if she played her cards right. Slowly, Ji-hyeon stood up, as one of the participants began to dance. She could feel the Shinsoo move about him, being woven in his will. It didn't take a genius to note that he was readying for something big. Ji-hyeon had no opinions about winding up a punch. It was too flashy, too obvious, and if someone caught him while he was doing it, he was going to take a nap in the dirt. However, if he managed to get it off, he would make quite the impression, literally. She approached the measuring device after a girl in bandages from head to toe nearly broke her hand on it. She rubbed her chin, studying the machine.

Truth be told, she was interested in seeing just how much she was worth, in power. She got into a stance, and drew back a fist, paused, then broke out of her stance, relaxing. No, no. She wasn't going to give it her all. Putting in 100% was, in her opinion, a waste of time. When someone puts in 100%, it was their absolute limit. It wasn't a show of their normal ability, what they could do without proper preparation. She scowled, and turned around from the machine. But what if...?

She spun around, and raised her fist against the machine, as if she was about to knock a door. There was a loud sound, like a gunshot, as her fist knocked against the device in one motion, much too fast for some to see. The device itself took a short moment to register that it had been hit, and, when it did, spat out a few numbers.

She rubbed the back of her neck. That was pretty dull. She was expecting more. She sighed, and waved the residual smoke from her fist, before, once again, stuffing it into her pocket. She ambled over to where she was previously squatting, and proceeded to, once more, squat there, her mouth hanging open as she delved deep into her thoughts. She could do better. She had to do better. This was still too average.

Illiam Herlaa
Tags: Azure Sky Azure Sky OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
Collaboration post with Azure SkyA nice guy? Should that have been a blow to his pride? It feels as if it should have. Such words almost seem like a disgrace, to discredit the self-serving desire that fuels the foot traffic transit up the Tower. A nice guy would not hunger for power, nor the nondescript pleasures of nostalgia, nor Minerva, not in the way Illiam hungers for such things. Such an insult to the nice guys left behind on floor 2. Yet, that blow brought a smile to Illiam's face, the kind that turned his lips, bore no teeth, nor ill intent. One that almost dared to shine, much like the mass of Shinsoo being hurled at Illiam. One last cataclysmic attack, he would take it with grace. Reaching out towards the missle, as if to touch it. Such a wonderful attack would surely ignite his desire.

A stunning explosion, the awesome force of Shinsoo shakes the ring, all the Regulars nearby and sent far and flung, the poor things. The blast certainly hit its target, but maybe not in an expected way. The arrow seemed to have, splintered. At the moment before impact, energy dispersed. The Shinsoo shrapneled, and as every splinter faded into ambient nothing Illiam stood standing. Surrounded by shadowy Shinsoo dregs. Wisps of a defense that was hidden by the explosion. Pulling out his pocket, Illiam checks the time, watching the final seconds tick, tick, ticking away until the timer reaches zero, zero: zero, zero.

Illiam falls on his back. Taking a long time to reach the ground, and hitting it with a spine shattering level of gusto. He should probably get going to the next test, but the ground was feeling really comfortable. Lose rocks and arrow made depressions made for a rather ergonomic bed. He reached his hand out. Maybe someone would be willing to drag him to the next test. Though, the question was who was still up to help. Maybe the real-fake Illiam would be willing to. No. He was knocked out as well.

For one reason or the next, Minerva's observer had floated its way right over to Illiam. It was passing by rather closely. Maybe. Illam grabbed on, letting the observes drag him across the cold ground, at this point more akin to sandpaper. He did not know her reason, nor was he too curious about it.

"I appreciate the lift. You're pretty nice yourself. Pretty, nice." He repeats nice with added emphasis.

"Just be quiet." A curt answer greets him back.

So Illiam did as luggage does, and was dragged along onto the next test by Minerva. The two joined the crowd, and once there, Illiam sat up, looking at Minerva, as the proctor explained the rules. He got back up slowly, groaning the whole way up, every rising inch brought with it a new joint to pop. And by the time he had returned to standing, he was just in time to miss the instructions. It seems the Regulars were going up to a machine one at a time, and honestly, looking at the crowd hurt his head. Figures, those both faceless and familiar, pounded against the inside of his head. Fog clearing faces that Illiam couldn't look away from, and that drove him mad.

Seeking reprieve, Illiam looked around to anywhere that wasn't towards the crowd, and found both his eyes and person were drawn to an enrapturing sight. Was that someone dancing. With elegant moves and flourishes feminine, Illiam found himself curious. Curiouser and curiouser, he needed a closer look. Closer and closer, yet not content simply just watching, Illiam was driven to insulting the elegance of his dance with a poor imitation. Following his movements, rather poorly. Stumbling with every flourish, rather closely. All the while laughing as he messed up each step, rather loudly.

Von Hare

"Man~ Isn't that embarrassing?"
"How does it feel, rodent? Popping about with all that pomp and circumstance and then you let yourself get beaten by a clock? Yeesh."

"Harsh. But true..."

The rabbit took Areum's insults without saying anything. His nose twitched in bitterness. With his ears down and slouching, Von Hare absent-mindedly shook Ji-Hyeon's hand and just walked towards the next room and listened to the Ranker as he explained the game. He then went to a corner, crouched, and sulked. He felt depressed, and wasn't in the mood for the current challenge.

"Damn it, my targets..."

Len Lumiere

The seemingly blind man just went to the machine and touched it.

He smiled.

John Wu

"Congratulations! You're luck enough to be standing beside the person who's coming in first on this test. Don't worry about embarrassing yourself up there, no one will remember the other scores after I destroy that machine."

"I look forward to it." John smiled cheerfully. "You utter buffoon." John internally scoffed at Naseon as he watched his little dance. Was that his thing? John could feel him power up. Accumulation of energy over time? He had potential, John wasn't going to deny that. But he was too arrogant for his own good. "Brats from the Ten Families are all the same..."

"Well then, I guess I'll try it out." John Wu adjusted something in his metallic arm band as he walked towards the machine. He gave it a light jab as smoke came out of his arm.

John believed that he at the very least assured himself a place in the top 5. He also did not think anyone would go beyond his score by much.

Exnor

Two familiar faces aside from Nyra. One was Areum and the other shocked Exnor. "I thought he was dead." He thought to himself while looking at Illiam. Well, he looked like he was half-dead anyway. What sort of opponent could have kicked his ass so badly. The only remaining Regular from his block was a green haired girl with horns in a unique attire, standing on top of a high grade observer. She seemed aloof and radiated confidence. Was it her? How strong could she be to reduce Illiam in such a state? After all he was a...

"No, but seriously, how is he still alive?"

"Why is he here?"

"Huh?"
Oh, she's talking about Illiam...

"Were you climbing with that person?"

"Eh?"
From where did she get that idea?

"What to do. What to do. What to... Exnor, how do you think Illiam would respond to an offer to join forces for this floor's tests?"

Nyra was afraid of Illiam, extremely so. Exnor understood why she would be afraid of him, but her reaction was very strong. Did she know something about him that she didn't? Regardless, Exnor smiled. "He was responsive to teams on the 2nd floor and had a good oppinion of me after my first fight with the turtle man. I believe I can convince him." Exnor tried to reassure Nyra. After looking at Illiam's behaviour and how he tried to imitate Naseon, Exnor squinted.

If he's still sane in the membrane.

Exnor proceeded to watch other Regulars have a go at the machine, including his partner and Areum. Nyra's score was the lowest, but Exnor didn't judge. Strength came in many forms and shapes, and Anima where resourceful. Nyra looked disheartened when she came back to her position. Before going to try the test himself, Exnor looked at Nyra. "I don't know if this means anything to you, but I asked you to form a team with me because I respect you and your skillset. And your result did not change my oppinion." With that said, Exnor himself walked towards the machine and violently punched it, explosive yellow sparks surging out of his arm as he did so.

This is my current output, huh?

Eh, seriously? I guess I shouldn't underestimate Ten Family brats after all... Must be some prodigy.

Minerva

As harsh as Minerva had been, she had the unfortunate characteristic of caring about people. Illiam collapsed after the hit. And his state made Minerva feel bad. She considered she used too much force. And after Minerva saw how Illiam just up and went to imitate Naseon's moves, she asked herself in horror if she blasted him so hard that it messed with his brain.

"Wait, I am rushing to conclusions. Maybe it's a custom from his area, maybe they know one another and it's some sort of bizzare ritual. Yes, that must be it."

As she returned to her senses, Exnor just finished punching, with his name appearing on screen. First an Eurasia, then a Lo Po Bia. She was in a pretty competitive block. Still...

"I won't lose."

Confident in her skills the rather petite girl approached the punching machine. A small green circle formed in front of her palm and as she struck the machine, a conic-shaped green wave was generated.

Exnor's eyes widened. "Such power."

"Whoa, amazing!"
Ok, that's just bullshit...

simj26 simj26 OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Rantos Rantos The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Ha Naseon
Annoying. The person intruding on his personal space after he'd gone out of his way to find a spot away from people was annoying. The person attempting to mock Naseon's dancing, which he stubbornly refused to allow himself to feel embarrassment for out of his feelings for the one who'd taught him, was annoying. The person laughing at him rudely while mocking his dance and intruding on his personal space, was annoying. Naseon smirked and continued his dance, putting up with such an annoying person, even shifting closer to said annoying person. The amount of shinsoo being pulled away from this annoying person, seemingly without him being aware at all, was more than worth the annoyance. So he held his tongue and refrained from tossing the annoying person away.

Naseon moved his dance so the annoyance wasn't between himself and seeing the stage as the regular Naseon had decided to take with him to the next floor walked up for his turn. He didn't feel bad in the slightest about drawing shinsoo away from his teammate. John's score didn't matter after all, but he couldn't deny he was curious. After a pitiful punch, John's score flashed onto the screen. 27... almost 28 thousand. That weak-looking regular with his pitiful punch had just taken the top spot. Now that was fun. That was entertaining. He couldn't help but grin as he danced, the baang rolling between his hands happily sucking in the remnants of his teammate's attack. A weakling punching weakly had gotten a pretty high score. Now he was even more excited to see just how high he could make those numbers go. After all, he was strong.

"Hmm?" He looked back towards the stage as more shinsoo was sucked into his baang. The shinsoo sparked as it was absorbed, as if still being influenced by being shaped by the one who'd expelled it. Someone else strong was here. Naseon didn't need to look at the ranks to know this person had topped John's score. He was more interested in seeing the person anyway. Those golden eyes. Who are you?, he thought with a grin. That was his reason for finally bothering to read the names on the ranking board. New top scorer, Lo Po Bia Exnor just shy of 40 thousand. The boy belonged to that annoying anima family. Naseon associated anima with weakness, since they tended not to train themselves, but this guy didn't give off that feeling. Well whatever, the guy seemed fun enough. And Naseon wasn't one to hold another person's family name against them. In fact he hated people that confused their name's power with their own power. People like that he hated more than anything.

Other names stood out to him. Eurasia Aurem and Po Bidau Minerva. Lo Po Bia, Eurasia, Po Bidau, and Ha. What a powder keg of gathered regulars. He felt pity for those regulars trying to just take the floor's test while so many monsters filled the passing spots. He was aware of the hypocrisy between this thinking and his stance that names shouldn't matter. That was what he thought, but reality worked differently. Even himself, he was acutely aware of his own inherited, undeserved, inherent advantage as a result of who he had been born as. That was why he smirked at seeing the Eurasia's score as low as it was. Even John had manged to put forth a better score.

A girl with green hair approached the machine. What is with all of these girls having green hair? Naseon disliked this trend, more so because he simply hated trends than the color. In fact green was his favorite color after black, which made him more annoyed if the current fad was green hair. Such petty insignificant thoughts filled his mind as he danced on autopilot, continuing to ignore the annoying bug that he had to occasionally move around as it blocked his view of the stage.

"Hey now..." Naseon's eyes widened as his baang flickered in his hand. It was as if something had pulled on something that was supposed to be doing the pulling. The girl on stage blasted the machine with shinsoo. In all honesty, the effect was more tame than Naseon had expected just based on the effect it had on the shinsoo in the room. But the number that appeared on the board showed that no, he hadn't been mistaken. That girl was a true monster. She simply had that much control over the shinsoo. What a monster. Naseon was actually a little nervous for once. Po Bidau Minerva. He'd have to commit that name and face to memory, for both of their sakes.

The remnants of her attack was sucked up by his baang, instantly swelling it to bursting. The baang began to swell as her loosed shinsoo continued to be pulled into it. "Hey hey, that's crazy," Naseon complained as the debris from an attack not even directed at him managed to destabilize a technique that he'd put quite a bit of faith into. The baang rippled and swelled unevenly as it quickly destabilized. What the hell? Was that girl's shinsoo really responsible for this reaction!? That was all he could think. That it may have been that in combination with drawing shinsoo from the annoying person standing too close never even crossed Naseon's mind. That person held as much presence in Naseon's mind as a buzzing insect. Annoying but ignorable.

It was going to blow up. Naseon needed to get to the machine right now, before all this power went to waste or took out half the regulars in the room. Naseon's body pulled out of its ongoing dance as he prepared to throw himself across the room at the machine, and right as he did was when the annoying insect decided to coincidentally move itself between Naseon and the stage. Naseon's outstretched palm holding the unstable baang would have slammed right into the regular's chest, no doubt blowing his body to bits, but at the last second, in an unthinking move to save the person's life, Naseon tried to crush the baang between his fingers. The already unstable well of shinsoo exploded with a blinding flash of green light. Naseon was slammed back against the wall he'd pushed off from, his durable body holding him together, though there'd be bruises. His emerald green eyes snapped open faster than his pained brain would have liked, in time to see what became of the regular he'd accidentally hit with an all-out attack.

The regular's body was thrown across the room by the force of that explosive shinsoo. By sheer bad luck he hit the machine standing on the stage, hard, and came to rest at its base. Nononono! If asked about it later, Naseon couldn't have given any reason why he'd panicked so much about having accidentally killed someone. He'd killed plenty of regulars before just getting to the 20th floor. It wasn't killing that had scared him, it was that it had happened by accident. If he wanted someone dead, he killed them. This hadn't been that. It had been a mistake on his part. That was why he panicked.

Naseon lept from the far wall of the room onto the stage with enough speed that both the wall and stage were left cracked by his departure and landing. "Hey!" He grabbed the corpse, to think of it as anything else at this point would be nonsensical, and shook it. "Hey! Are you alive!? Hey!" He shook them harder, not caring or noticing that his own hand, the one that had held the baang, was blackened and bleeding from his attempt to redirect the power of the attack away from this person.

The scoreboard dinged as it updated.

Illiam Herlaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back