• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern (CLOSED) The Up and Comings (Highschool Band Roleplay) (Reboot)

Band's Music Type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NivieApple

I Am The Elephant.
Hello! This is an RP that I tried to start sometime last year and it kind of fell apart after people dropped. It's still something I think would be really entertaining though, so if you agree, let me know and we can get this thing rolling again!
[class name=body] display: block; width: 100%; padding: 10vh 10px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; background: linear-gradient(#ffb9c9,#8decff); font-smoothing: antialiased; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; [/class] [class name=container] display: flex; width: 100%; margin: auto; max-width: 850px; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; align-content: center; overflow: hidden; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class name=leftcolumn] flex: 4 0 280px; background: #FFF; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; display: flex; flex-flow: column wrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=imagecontainer] flex: 0 0 225px; width: 226px; height: 225px; background: #FFF url(https://i.imgur.com/2niDXCJ.jpg) no-repeat center center; font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px; display: inline-block; margin: auto; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class name=mainimage] display: block; height: 100%; width: 100%; pointer-events: none; mix-blend-mode: screen; [/class] [class name=title] display: block; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', serif; font-size: 2em; color: #ffb9c9; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class name=subtitle] width: 100%; max-width: 215px; text-align: center; font-family: 'Quicksand', sanserif; font-size: .6em; text-transform: uppercase; margin: auto; margin-top: -5px; margin-bottom: 20px; font-weight: bold; color: #8decff; [/class] [class name=maincontentcolumn] flex: 5 0 280px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6); max-height: 550px; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] display: block; height: 100%; width: 100%; padding-right: 150px; overflow-x: visible; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class name=tabcontents] display: block; width: 100%; display: none; [/class] [class name=post] display: block; width: 100%; background: white; font-size: .8em; font-family: 'Quicksand', sanserif; color: #a1a1a1; text-align: justify; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 25px; [/class] [class name=emptyspace] display: none; [/class] [class name=image] // add pointer events: none if you'd rather not deal with the larger view thing font-size: 0px; -webkit-filter: contrast(80%) brightness(120%) grayscale(30%); filter: contrast(80%) brightness(120%) grayscale(30%); -o-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class name=image state=hover] // delete this class if planning on disabling the larger view thing -webkit-filter: none; filter: none; [/class] [class name=navcolumn] flex: 1 0 100px; background: #FFF; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 15px 0px; overflow: hidden; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; align-content: center; [/class] [class name=navbutton] flex: 1 0 100px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: center; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', serif; font-size: 4em; color: #ffb9c9; padding: 10px; -o-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class name=selectednavbutton] flex: 1 0 100px; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: center; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', serif; font-size: 4em; color: #8decff; padding: 10px; -o-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all .5s ease-in-out; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class name=navbutton state=hover] color: #8decff; [/class] [script class=navbutton on=click] // resets everything to their default appearance hide tabcontents removeClass selectednavbutton navbutton // cheaty way of doing this lol set currentTab (getText) // sets which navbutton gets the color change if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (addClass selectednavbutton navbuttonone) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (addClass selectednavbutton navbuttontwo) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (addClass selectednavbutton navbuttonthree) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (addClass selectednavbutton navbuttonfour) if (eq ${currentTab} 5) (addClass selectednavbutton navbuttonfive) // sets which tabcontents gets shown if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabcontentsone) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabcontentstwo) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabcontentsthree) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show tabcontentsfour) if (eq ${currentTab} 5) (show tabcontentsfive) [/script] [div style="display: none;"] font call font call [/div] [div class=body] [div class=container] [div class=leftcolumn] [div class=imagecontainer] [div class=mainimage] band.jpg [/div] [/div] [div class=title] The Up and Comings [/div] [div class=subtitle] "Some People Peak In High School" [/div] [/div] [div class=maincontentcolumn] [div class=scrollbox] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsone" style="display: block;"] [div class=post] I'm just warning you now, the idea for this RP may have been slightly influenced by a major obsession I had with Lemonade Mouth and Camp Rock back in middle school.... You've been warned. [/div] [div class=post] [div class=title]Intro[/div] Highschool is pretty rough as it is, I'm sure none of us had a perfect high school career, and when you're famous, well, that's just another level isn't it? This is a slice of life RP based around the lives of a band of teenagers who have recently made it big and are now forced to try and balance their school life and their new career/fame. Along with any drama that's headin' their way if you get my drift. 😉😎 [/div] [div class=post] [div class=title]Discord[/div] There is a discord for this RP that will be used mostly for planning and discussion. If you are interested in the RP after reading all the pages, let me know and I will send you the link via a private message. You will start out in an into section, and as soon as you have made your cs and are officially in, you will gain access to the rest of the server. [/div] [div class=emptyspace]put new posts for tab1 above this div![/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentstwo"] [div class=post] [div class=image]band-name.jpeg[/div] [/div] [div class=post] So, you want in on this action? Sweet! Here are some of the roles I'm looking for (remember all roles are available for any gender, just try to keep a good mix, we don't want to fill up on one type of person...): If you think of a role that you want to play and it's not up here (ie: manager, songwriter, PR person, groupie, whatever), message me and maybe we can get that in too! [/div] [div class=post] Sign-ups will be pretty much first-come-first-serve, so let me know which spot you want to reserve. Keep in mind though that if you reserve a spot, you are expected to make a CS as soon as you can (talk to me if there is a problem) and if you do not end up following through I will have to give your spot to someone else if they want it. [/div] [div class=emptyspace]put new posts for tab2 above this div![/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsthree"] [div class=post] [div class=title]Wierd Segway[/div] If you're still here, fantastic! This page should probably have been second, but I'm a tiny bit too lazy to move it now so I'm just gonna leave it and maybe change it someday if I get around to it... Anyways... [/div] [div class=post] [div class=title]Background[/div] Now, let's get into this a little more.... You and a few friends, at the beginning of last year, were hanging out in your usual spot at school, just joking around and such, when somebody gets a bright idea. Why not start a band? "You can play drums, right? And I've heard you sing before, everybody would love that! And you, you played the guitar in the talent show last year! You totally rocked the house!" Ok so maybe it didn't go exactly like that, but anyway, you all decided it was an interesting idea and made some plans. Next thing you know, you've got yourself a high-school, playing-out-of-our-parents-garage band! After winning a talent show competition at your school, you and your friends got your big break. A talent scout from a recording studio had agreed to come to watch the show and after seeing y'all perform, they offered you a contract with their label. Of course, you signed away your souls without a whole ton of thought (or maybe you thought a lot about it, I don't know) and as soon as school was out, they sent you on a nationwide tour (you're not quite 'world tour' worthy yet). Now that school is back in session, your label keeps you under their thumb, even as you try to navigate your school lives. [/div] [div class=post] [div class=title]...[/div] Obviously, being famous, being teens, and having a time consuming career will cause stress on everyone involved. Also, being together so often likely brought everyone closer, created some drama, or maybe even a little something spicy happened on the road... Hey, IDK what's gonna happen yet, but I know I want to find out 😉! If you are just as interested as I am, let me know and we can get this ship sailin'! [/div] [div class=emptyspace]put new posts for tab3 above this div![/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsfour"] [div class=post] [div class=title]This Could Be You[/div] [div class=image]band pic.jpg[/div] [/div] [div class=post] [div class=title]If You Stick To A Couple Rules[/div] This is everybody's favorite part of the RP interest post right??? No, it's not and I get that, but it's a teensy bit necessary ya know?
  • All RPN rules gotta be followed
  • Don't make everything about you
  • No over the top characters. Creativity is encouraged, but no crazy unrealistic stuff, please
  • Real face claims please and thank you! If you can't find one, just try to give a detailed description of your character in you CS
  • Be courteous to other people, and if you have a problem, come to me about it
  • Try to avoid one-liners as much as possible, there isn't a limit to how much you write, but at least a small paragraph is ideal
  • No spamming chat of course. There should always be at least two posts between yours (UNLESS we have a situation where someone is unable to reply and we have to keep the RP moving with them on stand
  • Have fun? (That's what this is about ain't it?)
[/div] [div class=emptyspace]put new posts for tab4 above this div![/div] [/div] [div class="tabcontents tabcontentsfive"] [div class=post] [div class=title]That's All Folks [/div] [div class=img]_78123659_ap_simoncowell.jpg[/div] [/div] [div class=emptyspace]put new posts for tab4 above this div![/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=navcolumn][div class="navbutton navbuttonone"]1[/div][div class="navbutton navbuttontwo"]2[/div][div class="navbutton navbuttonthree"]3[/div][div class="navbutton navbuttonfour"]4[/div][div class="navbutton navbuttonfive"]5[/div][/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
If we get enough interested people I will officially put up a CS thread, OOC, and, once we are all set, the main thread!

Also, in case anyone gets confused, 'The Up and Comings' is not the band's official name or anything. It could be, but the band name is probably something we would work out on Discord

Hi hi! I think I saw this the last time you tried! I'd love to be the singer, if you'll have me (:

Hi, I don't really know a lot about roleplaying (never done one before) but I am good at writing in general. I do like the idea quite a lot and I could maybe be of use to y'all. I feel like I can play almost a mum kind of role for the band. Like the glue guy/girl in a team.

Hey. do all characters have to be in the band? I was thinking of a character who is a good vocalist but not in the band per say.

Hi, I don't really know a lot about roleplaying (never done one before) but I am good at writing in general. I do like the idea quite a lot and I could maybe be of use to y'all. I feel like I can play almost a mum kind of role for the band. Like the glue guy/girl in a team.
Hey. do all characters have to be in the band? I was thinking of a character who is a good vocalist but not in the band per say.
Both of you are welcome to work with me on your ideas if you're still interested!

There's not really a band spot that I can think of, but if you look through the CS thread and can think of a role that you would like to play, message me and we will see what we can work out 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back