• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeoGlorian

Captain of the Cirrus Swimmer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Yo! Neoglorian here. This is a little concept I cooked up after being inspired by some art that saw around the internet. As a world builder, the first thing I did after getting inspired was make a map. Not long after that I had a spun out a little world. For me, the big thing with this RP is that I would really like to challenge myself and level up my writing skills. Because of this, I would like someone who has a bit more experience writing and likes to do quality over quantity.

About me:
  1. I’m a 23 year old, and I go by Pacific Standard Time.
  2. I’ve been RPing for a long time, though my writing isn’t the best. I still try though! I use RPNation to try and improve my writing skills.
  3. 1-2 paragraphs is what I’m most comfortable with, though I try to mirror my partner’s skill and quantity. I want to try and push my writing with this RP, though.
  4. I’m okay with writing darker and more mature stuff when it comes to violence/gore and themes, though I prefer to keep it more wholesome when it comes to romance.
  5. My favorite writing style is First person present tense, though I also do third person. I will do third person present tense unless you ask me to do something else.
  6. I'll try to hit at least one response a day (assuming there is a post to respond to). Since I want to use this RP to really improve my writing skills, I'm likely going to go for more quality of quantity.
  7. I have a ‘No Ghosting Guaranteed’ Policy, so you won’t have to worry about me dipping without a word. If I don’t want to continue I will let you know, and I hope you would extend the same respect to me.

What I'm looking for:
  1. 18+, preferably in twenties or older.
  2. Someone with good literacy. I'm not expecting an English major or a thespian, but I'm looking for someone with some writing experience and dedication who can inspire me to hone my writing.
  3. 2 good-sized paragraphs as an average. It's okay to do some smaller paragraphs during heavy dialogue or action scenes, but try to keep it to 2-3 quality paragraphs (or more if you want)
  4. I'm looking for a slow burn MxF romance for this RP.

Age of Wanderers

For Eons the known world has been ruled over by the four kingdoms; The Cloud kingdom of the South, The Earth Empire of the East, The Sun Kingdom of the West, and the Moon Kingdom of the North. It is written in ancient tradition that the kingdoms were founded by great creatures of renown, wisdom, and strength. The Dragon was said to have founded the Earth Empire, The Phoenix founded the Sun kingdom, The Tiger the Moon Kingdom, and the Turtle the Cloud Kingdom. The four kingdoms have reigned for all history, sometimes warring with each other, other times at peace. The land that is the known world is ancient and mysterious, beautiful and dangerous. She is filled with countless creatures of mythology, innumerable spirits both great and small, and monsters both malicious and benevolent. It is said that a spirit dwells behind every stone, tree, and hill in the world.
Four Kingdoms Asian Map.png
For the past century the strength of the Kingdoms has been waning, leaving the the wilderness more dangerous and the citizens more vulnerable. There are some, however, who do not fear what the world has in store. They are a class of people --Warriors and Mystics-- who have been touched by the powerful spirits of the world. Whether blessed by a Kami, in a covenant with a Yokai spirit, or inheriting the ancestry of a mythological creature, all of them posses a divine gift that the lay people of the world do not have. This class of people are known as the Wanderers, or Ronin. The Wanderers are greatly feared by the people, as the people never know whether a Ronin is a friend or foe. One wanderer may help protect a village from an invading monster, while the next wanderer passing through may decide to slay the whole village to satisfy their patron spirit. Because of the Ronin's great and fearsome power and mysterious intentions, the lay people shy away from them. Unwelcome and shunned because of the gift, the Ronin wander from town to town, often seeking out other Ronin to face in battle and hone their skills against. Most Wanderers have made no names for themselves, while others have risen above the rest, becoming famous or infamous for their skills and deeds. The renown wanderers spoken about in songs, the ones whose names are whispered in fear or sung in praise, are known as Champions.

There are three types of being in the world: Mundane beings such as humans and animals, Spiritual beings such as the yokai and Kami, and beings born of both Mundane and Spirit, such as the Ancient founders, and the Ronin. For Ronin, their ability to use magic is given to them, in some manner or another, through spiritual beings. There are two types of magic; Evoking and Channeling. An Evoker draws in spirit energy using their gift, and draws in the air symbols and runes that produce a magical effect. Channelers make deals with spirits, allowing them to come into their bodies for a short period of time in exchange for their powers. Many Ronin combine their magical gift and their skills as warriors in creative and unique ways, while others use only magic, and still some shun their gift altogether.

For the RP
  1. Characters: For this RP both our characters would be Wanderers. under what circumstances they meet is up for discussion.
  2. Conflict: this is up for discussion and depends a lot on the characters. However, we will almost certainly be fighting against something, be them the kingdoms, other Ronin, monsters, or otherwise.
  3. Theme: Up for discussion, though i would prefer this RP to be more serious and dark/gritty. I take a bit of inspiration from samurai jack with this RP and how it had a lot of quiet, cinematic scenes.
  4. Plot: Up for discussion. My initial vision for this RP is two Ronin joining together for a certain mission, growing together and learning more about each other, and trusting the other more in the process.
  5. Setting: The story will take us through the four kingdoms in the journey/quest.
DM me or comment if you're interested and we can talk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back