• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

LavaPhoenix

a.k.a. hot volcano chick
Hello everyone! I'm looking for one RP partner for this merman x surfer idea I have in mind. But before I bother you with my cravings, be sure to read my info for RP partners:

- I always reply with at least two or three paragraphs, but when the story needs more background I will probably write more than that.
- English is not my first language , but I strive to be as literate as possible, so I expect my roleplay partner to at least give it a try as well. Grammar shouldn't be an obstacle to creativity.
- No one-liners or 1st person roleplays, please.
- I RP in past tense, I don't like using the present tense in RPs.
- I love drama and angst. Expect me to crave them from time to time. I need them.
- My time zone is CET and sometimes I can be a little slow at replying, but I'll try to reply at least once or twice a week.
- OCC talk is fundamental, to share ideas and truly build the RP together, a RP is more exctinging when it's enriched by the creativity of all of its participants.
- I am in my 20's and so is my ideal RP partner.
- RPing on Discord makes it easier for me to keep track of stuff, but I can RP through PMs too.

Back to that idea, here it is!

(I thought of this plot as a MxM one, but I'll gladly RP MxF as well. Whether your character is human or not is up to you.)

Your character is a surfer who just recently moved to a city by the sea, after managing to find a job there. They like the place, the city is big enough to offer them everything a young person their age could ask for, but most of all, they finally get to live so close to the sea they can smell it from their home. They brought their surfboard with them and they plan on spending all of their free time riding waves. Unfortunately, they soon find out that locals prefer not to set foot in those waters. Many peole have dived in that area and have never come back. The many disappearances have been attributed to rip currents. Your characters is a good swimmer though, so they choose to ignore the warnings and, with their beloved surfboard, they venture into water.

Yet there is little their swimming skills can do against what lurks beneath the surface. A gam of shark merfolk has settled in the area, turning it into their hunting ground. Within the gam, it's the females who hunt, providing food for everyone else, while males take care of defending the territory and fighting off intruders.
Your character is spotted by one of the females, who pretends to be a human who's drowning, then the moment they get closer to try and save her, they are yanked off of the surfboard and down towards the depths of the sea, where a hungry gam of merfolk awaits them.

Unable to breathe and struggling against the pain the mermaid's fangs are causing them, your character wouldn't be able to understand what's happening, but as more of those beings gather around them they realize they are about to meet a painful death. Right as the feeding frenzy is about to begin, a male, my character, attacks the female who's holding your character and takes them from her. He rushes to the shore and pushes them back onto the sand, saving them.

Merfolk have soulmates they recognize thanks to the marks they have on their bodies. My character has a combination of lines on him, which look a lot like the Roman numerals I IV III. Your character happens to have a similar tattoo on them, a silly tattoo they got when they were younger, because of a relationship they were in perhaps, as those numerals stand for 1 4 3, a code for “I Love You” based on the number of letters in each word. So the good news for your character is that they have just been saved from a horrible death. The bad news is that one of the merfolk who were about to devour them now thinks they are his soulmate.

This is the mark my character has on him
173542.png

Consider this idea a rough sketch, we'll be developing it and adding stuff together, so go ahead and PM me if you are interested! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back