• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [CLOSED] Seeking 1x1 adv. lit partner for medieval fantasy and/or historical fiction drama. Could we be RP soulmates? Come see!

gambolingcat

Zesting Champion
Hi, there! I’m a writer looking for a long-term partner or two for some complex, full-feature character-driven adv. lit. RP.

Are you looking…
  1. to write and receive detailed, multi-paragraph posts with a focus on good writing, lively dialogue, and intricate characterization?
  2. for emotionally-charged stories featuring multiple characters and rich settings?
  3. to write in original medieval fantasy settings? My favorite settings usually fall under the umbrella of historically-flavored fantasy. No modern or sci-fi at this time, please, but fantasy races—and a little magic to spice things up—are welcome.
  4. to be... friends? Or at least friendly. I love having a writing partner I can josh around with between posts, but I will never pry or demand personal information about you.
Please get in touch with me! We might be a good fit, and even if we don’t partner up, I’ll probably love chatting with you. Simply reply here and I'll fire a message your way when I can.

Some more about me and my writing:
  • Original worlds, designed by combining elements of your world and mine, are my dream! That said: I do have a few pre-designed, fleshed-out medieval fantasy pitches ready to go, if you’d prefer to start with an established setting. I am also more than happy to tweak my characters to fit your own pre-designed world. They tend to be pretty flexible and easy to adjust to new realms and rules.
  • Character-driven stories. I tend to write characters with BIG personalities—people who have specific motivations, who come bundled with secrets and flaws, but who take an investment to really know on their most intimate level. My dream goal for every roleplay is that, by the time your characters get thoroughly into my characters' heads and lives, they really feel like friends to you. (Or enemies you have fun reading about. Or book characters you like.) You can be sure I’ll be a big fan of your cast, too.
  • I appreciate plotting and planning with my partner when necessary, but I’m not one to tell you everything about my characters before we start; it kills the fun of discovery! I try for a fair balance: some planned plot points, but naturally-unfolding character relationships and back-story reveals.
  • Romantic plots are welcome, though not necessary. I prefer organic, relatively unplanned romance development between characters. All gender pairings are welcome, too—though, of course, your characters’ partner preferences/orientation may not always be a match for my characters’ partner preferences/orientation.

Boring Rules Stuff:
  • Please note: I only do private 1x1 roleplay, but I am open to using different messenger and/or e-mail services. Forum-based writing tends to get a bit disorganized for my tastes.
  • I am happy to roleplay with people of any identity, regardless of your characters' identities. I often write for characters whose identities do not match my own. That said, I do frequently include mature themes in my plots and may describe violence; in the interest of everybody’s emotional health, I’m looking to write with adults (20+) only.
  • Slow post turn-around or break periods are no problem. We all have lives and shifting responsibilities. I promise to be forgiving and patient with your time constraints, and ask that you are with mine, too.
  • I am looking exclusively for multi-paragraph advanced lit. roleplay, but I understand pacing and length should suit the situation. If a situation calls for a tiny little post, it’s fine by me; similarly, if a post needs ten freaking pages, go for it! That in mind, I have no hard length demands, but I tend to average 3-6 paragraphs a post; if you fall into that general zone, we should be a cozy fit.
Final Note: Quality writing is a big deal to me. I love writing—I do it professionally and for fun. That said, I'm not a prose snob or literati elitist who's going to ask you for credentials or anything. RP is play, and everybody goofs or goes flat from time to time. As long as we both honestly care about our writing and our story, it's gold.

Smack that reply button! I can't wait to hear all about your OCs.

Last edited:
"[Something]-lit" is just an old RP term;
The exact definition's not all that firm

But you've defined it pretty well, if you ask me.
It means giving a shit about poetry
and caring about the writing itself, not only action and plot
and that's about all the explanation I've got

;)

Last edited:
Hi! After reading this post, we seem to be looking for very similar things. Would you like to discuss a little more in PM? :D

Closed for the moment, folks! May open again, but don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Much thanks to everyone who replied.

"[Something]-lit" is just an old RP term;
The exact definition's not all that firm

But you've defined it pretty well, if you ask me.
It means giving a shit about poetry
and caring about the writing itself, not only action and plot
and that's about all the explanation I've got

;)
Well this has given me more than enough cause,
To wait for you to open this again for our applause
Indeed I give a shit when it comes to a rhyme
Prose of any sort, or riddles, oh divine and sublime.
I’m sure I’d want to rp with you at any time

Well this has given me more than enough cause,
To wait for you to open this again for our applause
Indeed I give a shit when it comes to a rhyme
Prose of any sort, or riddles, oh divine and sublime.
I’m sure I’d want to rp with you at any time

Dude, what can I say? Besides "effing A PLUS."
Message you when I'm open? After that, I must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back