• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Closed]Pokémon: Pyrite Edition OOC

B BlueClover my character is done. So how are we going to do random encounters? Dice roll and result # is the pokemon (no legends/mythics) that pops up? Maybe another dice roll to catch it with three chances?

How about battles with people? How would those work?

B BlueClover my character is done. So how are we going to do random encounters? Dice roll and result # is the pokemon (no legends/mythics) that pops up? Maybe another dice roll to catch it with three chances?

How about battles with people? How would those work?
This is just my suggestion, take it as you will.

Random encounters could be dice based, or just use a RNG to grab one, which would be less work. As for capture, I'm a bit iffy on dice, because that implies a battle and doesn't account for other methods of capture, such as befriending the Pokemon. Probably safer if it's case by case.

As for Battles, I recommend staying away from the turn based battle system you find in the games, just because that tends to be less interesting, and doesn't account for complex strategy as well. Basically, common sense rules. If you're a rookie trainer and go up against a veteran trainer with a type disadvantage against you, you're gonna have a bad time. When in doubt, though, collabs tend to work.

This is just my suggestion, take it as you will.

Random encounters could be dice based, or just use a RNG to grab one, which would be less work. As for capture, I'm a bit iffy on dice, because that implies a battle and doesn't account for other methods of capture, such as befriending the Pokemon. Probably safer if it's case by case.

As for Battles, I recommend staying away from the turn based battle system you find in the games, just because that tends to be less interesting, and doesn't account for complex strategy as well. Basically, common sense rules. If you're a rookie trainer and go up against a veteran trainer with a type disadvantage against you, you're gonna have a bad time. When in doubt, though, collabs tend to work.

In total agreement with RNG because it still puts some variety into it. But just befriending pokemon won't work in my experience since it's pretty easy for someone not so RP'esque to just be like "Oh look, a super strong Blaziken, dur my frand now!!" believe it or not, seen that happen several times.

Again I agree with you on not using boring turn based stuff. Variety, complexity and ingenuity are key and keep this alive! But what I have also seen soon often is people just keep battling on-and-on forever and it kills the RP eventually. My suggestion is maybe RNG or dice to establish the winner before battles with people. And have a set max number of posts per trainer battle to put a little pressure not to ramble forever.

In total agreement with RNG because it still puts some variety into it. But just befriending pokemon won't work in my experience since it's pretty easy for someone not so RP'esque to just be like "Oh look, a super strong Blaziken, dur my frand now!!" believe it or not, seen that happen several times.

Again I agree with you on not using boring turn based stuff. Variety, complexity and ingenuity are key and keep this alive! But what I have also seen soon often is people just keep battling on-and-on forever and it kills the RP eventually. My suggestion is maybe RNG or dice to establish the winner before battles with people. And have a set max number of posts per trainer battle to put a little pressure not to ramble forever.
yeah.. usually it's on the GM to smack people trying to just magic their way into super strong pokemon. The RNG aspect keeps it from being ridiculous, since you can reroll if it's obvious that kind of pokemon shouldn't be there yet.

As for fixing the battle situation, that's why I suggested a collab. You get one massive posts, but it covers the whole battle, and usually both parties can agree on a winner before hand, because usually there's some common sense involved, as mentioned before. Like, if Younger Joey shows up against Cynthia, she's gonna curbstomp his "top percentage" Ratatta so hard it'll be in the "top percentage" of most brutal beatdowns in the Pokemon universe.

I will be using a number generator from 1-20 though I’ll be lenient if the Pokémon lends to the plot. However, this system will only be used for attempting to catch one, acting friendly or gaining their trust is a different story :)

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Yeah she has been there a few times. I don't think she would go there too often, but it had been a place of interest for her whenever she visits her family.
Then we probably have some background to discuss, given Dante lives there. Or at least he did up until the last 1-3 years when he started his journey on his own.

Sorry guys! I’m going to be out for the rest of the week as I’m stuck with the flu. It’s one of the reasons I’ve been out for so long. I’ll be back at the end of the week, thank you for understanding :)

Is it okay make the OP, and let us get out opening posts in? That way we can get this thing start? You can put few bullet points on how you want us to start and where. That way you don't have to feel pressured to get this thing really rolling and we can get the creative juices flowing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back