• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Closed] Pokémon: New Beginning in Sinnoh

RingSlinger

Life. Life. norway norway The Hero The Hero

The Jubilife Pokemon Academy loomed over two of our four heroes from Twinleaf Town. Whether or not the academy was filled with trainers, and how skilled those trainers might be remained a mystery to Minoru Nai and Ivy Lynae. Minoru himself wondered how Ivy's little Piplup would fair in an actual match against another trainer. The building itself was large. It would be the first real test for this pair of trainers, not counting the brief encounter they had engaged in with the wild Pokemon a few miles out from Sandgem. This would be their first test against other actual trainers. The building was old fashioned, built of sturdy red bricks. In a city of silver and chrome this building stood out like a sore thumb.

Meanwhile, half a town away, our other two heroes, Brandon Grane and Sky Mason, found themselves having just entered a building that was a fair bit larger than the academy, but not at all challenging, at least not in the same way that the academy was. Even for the technologically advanced region of Sinnoh this building was a wonder. The Poketch building didn't simply display what was currently available, but out seemingly in the open were the prototypes and demo products, things that would become available over the course of the next year from the company. The security, at first glance, seemed minimal, although the company had many unseen security measures in place to keep their fancy new tech safe from any potential theft.

Our four adventurers found themselves in positions fairly disparate from each other, though they would likely meet up in the very near future, once their individual goals had been accomplished. The four of them equally unaware that their adventure would very soon take a much more serious turn...

"I wanted to enroll in this very academy when I was a kid but, mom and dad weren't home, and grams couldn't travel this far," Ivy sheathed her fists within the stomach pocket of her hoodie, peering up at the older styled exterior before they passed through the double door entrance, and were greeted by relatively generate tile flooring and buzzing fluorescent lighting. Shoes squeaking against the floor, the two's off rhythm steps sounded their arrival, though there appeared to be no one present to receive them. She checked her dex, exhaling through her nose, "It's three thirty, school just got out I guess."

There were little bronze plaques at every turn, with engraved arrows directing towards rooms like the cafeteria, nurses office, and even an on site nursery. One of the directories hinted at training grounds and Ivy wandered in that direction, curious to see if anyone was training after hours. If not, perhaps the quarters would be open for her and Nai to exercise their party? Or, mostly Nai, considering Ivy really had no idea what to do with hers. It was so different, having a pair of misfits with very real attitudes compared to a compliant, simulated party of six. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't intentionally keeping pip in his capsule, she wanted to avoid the inevitable, adult like confrontation as long as possible. But as they rounded the corner, and Ivy pushed against another double door barricade, two trainers in matching jogging suits duking it out on a terrain of dirt promised she would have to bring out pip sooner than she'd like.

"Well if you can handle Minoru for this trip, those annoying customers will seem like nothing when you get back," Brandon noted, setting his backpack onto the ground. He assumed she was going back to work right after this little fiasco called a journey. Closing his eyes, he prayed that Wu and Biddy would stay in their balls until he was done shopping. He didn't feel like getting dirty looks from the clerk. Afterwards, he grunted, slinging his backpack back onto his back. His eyes briefly glanced at Sky's hand which held money. It was way more than what he carried on him, in cash anyways. Most of his money had been invested in the tools and clothes he carried with him. Lightly shaking his head, he turned himself to answer the question.

"I mean, not really," Brandon answered. "I kinda wanted to just peruse their inventory and buy whatever catches my eye." It was his first time in the actual store/office. It was his first time outside of the town. He usually just browsed their website for the things he wanted, but it was a whole different experience in person. He wanted to- "I want to buy everything." He contradicted his previous, reasonable statement with a hyperbole.

Sky blinked a few times before she registered Brandon's answer. And after comprehending it she began laughing. "Wow Brandon. Which is it? A few things or the whole store? I think the only way you'd be able to get everything is if you sold your soul to the company or rob the place," her laughter settled as she spoke. Every trace of anger that was fueling Sky's system was now gone. Brandon certainly helped to get rid of it.

"How about we start by looking at some of the packages that could be added into our Pokedexes? Or I could get this really cute watch," at first her attention was on Brandon but then they found their way over to a watch nearby. She walked around Brandon and approached the item. "Oooooo now this is something that is cute and functional. I wonder if it comes in white?" Sky scanned the room at this point in search of a sales representative that could assist them.

Not a minute later the enthusiastic girl was able to flag down someone. Once he reached her Sky released a series of questions onto him like how the device functioned, what issues may come up from the item, if it came in other colors besides red and blue, and many more. At some point the man had to cut her off and hand her a manual of the watch. With a manual in hand she decided to shoo away the salesman.

"Well that's some wonderful customer service. Hmph he couldn't even answer all my questions. Anyways, look Brandon! You can find all the specs of the watch in here," Sky handed him an open manual to show him the formal functions of the Poketch.

The Hero The Hero

"This academy isn't worth the foundation it's built on" Minoru sneered, grinning pridefully at Ivy. He wondered how she would have faired in the dojo he had called home. He wondered how anyone here at this Jubilife Pokemon Academy would have faired. He wondered briefly if he had romanticized something in its entirety when in fact there were aspects of it that were... far from romantic. He became lost, for a moment, in a swirl of memories and emotion. Voices swirled through his mind, a vortex of sounds and emotions in the tidepool of his being. Friendly voices. Judgmental voices. The voices of friends and enemies alike. He'd see them all again at some point, he imagined. He'd make a point of it.

His mind cleared of all this as they entered the training grounds. Two trainers in matching suits. He smirked. He could take them one at a time. Although he wouldn't be able to properly heal his Pokemon in between battles if he did. He wondered which of them would be stronger, and thus more deserving of a match against him.

And then it clicked. He could fight them both. At the same time. In a double-battle. Minoru cast a sideways glance towards his friend Ivy, flashing her a very confident grin as he cocked his head to the side. "Well well. How do you feel about... uh... co-op mode?" he gave her a very playful shrug. Interlocking his fingers behind his head and returning his attention forward back toward the two matching trainers.

"Oi. Cool Trainers. You seem... erhm... Tough I suppose..." his grin transitioned from reassuring to smug, as a single eyebrow cocked. "I don't suppose you two are up for a little friendly two-on-two. See. This place seems real grand and fancy. I don't know much about grandeur or fanciness. Maybe you could show me and my friend here..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back