[Closed] Monsters of the Wookie [Motw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player count: 3-4 depending
System: Monster of the week

In monster of the week you take on the roll of a monster Hunter. If you love Buffy, Supernatural or the x-files this game is for you.

So I've been staring at monster of the week for a little while now and I can't seem to shake wanting to play this game. All the info is in the PDFs at the link above on how to play and character creation.

The setting will be in my home town of Prescott, Ontario (that's right, it's in Canada) potentially moving further afield later on depending how active people are and if they are enjoying it. It's my first time dming something like this so don't be shy if you've never played before, we're in the same boat.

Flip through the classes and leave a comment with your character idea below.

The game will be ran mostly on the Castle in the mist discord server, so if you aren't part of our community hit me up and we can get you an invite link.

Last edited:
Was going to wait and see what ideas other people had first, but I'm impatient.

68e9b2a4c17386f4aa69a59aa855273cf0dd4f6d.jpg

So here I am, seeing the signs, seeing how everything is connected to everything else. What do you mean the ice cream shop on the corner closing, the street light on Fourth going out, and a new monster in the area aren't all related?? THEY ARE. You'll see, too. I just need to find more string, first. And tape. And a clear wall. And--DID YOU HEAR THAT?

(I'd be most pleased to try out the Flake, but could be just as interested in the professional, the mundane, or even the wronged, if for some reason everyone else would like one or all of those roles.)

This looks like a ton of fun. I would go with either the monstrous (vampire, ghost, or demon), or the spooky. Leaning towards someone with a headstrong personality who doesn't take crap from anyone.

I can’t stop thinking about this game.

I’m thinking about two characters. A monstrous changeling face who grew to like the family they were parasitizing , but are still pretty bad at the whole “human” and “empathy” thing.

Or an expert former anthropologist/librarian who stumbled into the supernatural on accident and uses their knowledge of folklore to stay ahead.

I'd play the professional.

Think Van Helsing kinda.

Working for the church. I know there's a heaven and hell. And I've no problem sending things to meet their maker full of lead.

This is my job. It's what I do. Nothing fazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back