• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom -CLOSED- Mighty Need for Invader Zim! (21+. ZADR/F. Looking for Zim)

RaccoonGoon

Aw Jeez...
Closed for now! c:

It's always been funny to me how Invader Zim is the only fandom I know of that uses acronyms for its ships. Feels like a relic of the early 00's. Anyway! If you've been an online Invader Zim fan for a while, you'll know that 'ZADR' stands for Zim and Dib Romance. 'ZADF' is 'Zim and Dib Friendship'. So we got both sides of the spectrum, I just wanna write something with these two idiots. This craving smacks me hard once or twice a year, and I guess it's back for 2023. As the title states, I'm looking for someone to play Zim.

Some Invader Zim related things to get out of the way:

• Of course, all characters will be aged up. 21+ is best since I love some Millennial Invader Zim shenanigans.
  • Dark/gritty setting and competent characters all the way.
  • Tall Zim? Short Zim? Doesn't matter, just please have Zim be a realistically short height. Something like 5'0 instead of whatever the tiny bug man is in the show.
  • Bonus points if your Zim is over-protective and feral. My version of Dib toes that line pretty hard.
  • Gir is a…very hit or miss character. I'm happy to write him out or dial back his craziness for the sake of the plot's tone.
  • I'm a huge fan of the fact that Zim is much older than Dib in terms of Irken and human years. Intergenerational relationships, romantic or platonic, typically aren't my thing. But for this I'm open to it! Not required, though.
  • If Dib doesn't quite strike someone's fancy, suggest another human character and we'll talk!
  • Got AUs? Tell me!

About me:

• I am 21+. My partner needs to be the same. No exceptions. I'm in my late-twenties, so the older a writing partner is the more comfortable I feel.
  • I post at a...casual level? Mid-advanced? I don't know, I just try to match what I'm given. I can get carried away when I have inspiration, so my posts might be randomly really long at times compared to the usual length. 2-3 paragraph average.
  • Post times will vary. I'll be lurking around throughout the day, but IC posts tend to be saved for really slow days or after work/weekends. A post or two a day is what Ihopefor if I have the time. If not, at the very least a post a week.
  • Doubling isn't my thing. If a partner isn't into playing a certain character for their own interest, then we just aren't compatible.
  • My writing is littered with mature concepts, within site rules. If that makes a potential partner uncomfortable, then I may not be the right person to write with. That said, please let me know of any concerns and I will adjust! Violence, swearing, and mentions of drugs is what we're talking about. Plots could include psychological torture, possible self-harm, and heavy emotional trauma.
  • Romance not required! Found family is the best trope ever.
  • I'm pretty ghost-friendly. Life happens, things don't last forever. Pop back in whenever you feel like and we'll get something going again!
  • I fully expect proper grammar. Perfection is impossible, of course! But I want to write with someone who loves writing and shows it with decent effort.
  • Writing samples available! I might ask for one in return.
  • PM is my top preference. Thread, e-mail, and Google Docs are also available. I'm open to Discord, but I much prefer something with larger area to type/won't post if I hit enter by mistake.

And now for the fun part! I know it's not much in terms of actual plot, but I think these could be decent start-off points. I'm always open to suggestions!

Zim has done it. He's won.

The earth has long since been conquered by the strange boy hardly anyone looked twice at. Society hangs on by a thread as Zim takes his throne. Entire cities are leveled in his wake of insanity, and humanity is nearly driven to extinction. As years pass, Zim's rule mellows to a tense hum. He controls every aspect of the earth and its remains: The food, the water, even the entertainment. If human society still exists at all, they do their best to continue with the new normal, living under the constant horror that Zim can snap his fingers and end it all. It's all the Invader wanted, right? He should be happy!

But he's not. The rival he fought and defeated is still a pain in his ass, though Dib is now considered a pet in Zim's home. The human is just as mouthy and disobedient as the day they met, and something in Zim is about to snap. He secretly needs Dib's respect and approval, for reasons he doesn't understand, so if he can't reason with Dib...He'll get it by force. Humans are so fragile, Zim won't have to do much to earn his human's admiration if he saves his life. He might have to make such a thing happen…

Zim won.

In one brilliant move, Zim successfully - and surprisingly - conquered the earth. Society hangs on by a thread as Zim takes his throne. Entire cities are leveled in his wake of insanity, and humanity is nearly driven to extinction. As years pass, Zim's rule mellows to a tense hum. He controls every aspect of the earth and its remains: The food, the water, even the entertainment. If human society still exists at all, they do their best to continue with the new normal, living under the constant horror that Zim can snap his fingers and end it all. It's all the Invader wanted, right? He should be happy!

But he's not. The rival he fought and defeated is still a pain in his ass, though Dib now lives as a trophy in Zim's home. Treated as a pet at best, he plans to fake his loyalty until he can catch the dumb tyrant off guard...Then he'll finally be earth's hero. Of course, not all plans work like they're supposed to.

Dib won.

He outsmarted Zim once and for all, or Zim somehow doomed himself. Either way, earth can finally see that Dib has been right all along! Life should sway in his favor! Only...It doesn't. There's no interviews, no parades thanking the planet's new hero, no recognition. All Dib gets is a sudden, chilling reminder that no one cares. Except Professor Membrane, who - intentionally or not - steals full credit for proving the existence of alien life. Years after, Dib has secluded himself with new paranormal research, having drowned himself in the reckless chase for a high he couldn't have without his arch nemesis. In a moment of weakness, he goes to visit the alien that's been abandoned in his father's old testing facility. In an even bigger moment of weakness, Dib frees him.

(Lowkey stole this idea from a fanfic I read a very long time ago and can't get out of my head.)

College should be where Dib can shine his best.

Unfortunately, all he's done is get himself mixed up in the campus party and drug scene. On these grounds, Dib isn't the nobody rambling to himself in the corner, or the weird kid no one wants to be seen with. He has friends; he has connections. Though, whether these friends are any good for his well being is an entirely different concern from his reckless new hobbies. This isn't his paranormal shtick. This isn't the typical back and forth with his old enemy. Dib is playing a dangerous game, and he might not live long enough to see it to the end. Luckily for him, someone has stepped in to watch his back -

Zim, however, can't explain why he followed Dib to college. Or why he lied about being an enrolled student just to be Dib's dormmate. He's just lucky to be there when shit hits the fan, and dumb enough to hold Dib's hand through every hangover and bad trip. If he isn't careful, he'll get dragged into the consequences alongside his human.

Small little snippets of ideas:

• Tallest Zim takes Dib aboard the Massive
  • Zim and Dib leave earth to join The Resisty - or a different rebel group - to topple Irk's Armada. In the meantime, they snag Tallest Red and Purple and convince them to turn on the Control Brains
  • Tallest Red and Purple on earth? 3 irkens and 1 human poly relationship?

Annnd that's what I got! Feel free to post her or PM me if you're interested! Thank you for reading c:

Last edited:
Hey there!!! I totally get what you mean be like a yearly craving for IZ lmao! If you’re still up to it, I think it would be fun to roleplay!! (Full disclosure, I’m very new to this site and trying to figure out dynamics and usuals. So, let me know if I’m doing something wrong or need to be doing something more!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back