• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic (Closed) Looking for Guinea Pigs for Simple Dice Game.

MrMopp

Two Thousand Club
Hey folks! Mopp here!

So I'd like to try a small group game that uses a simple dice system that allows for some flexability with the setting and character creation. I haven't worked out the dice part yet, but I figure it's going to have something similar to the 3.5 D&D skill system. Handling magic, however, is going to be complicated, so this game is technically going to be sci-fi.

With my particular brand of humor in the mix.

The idea for this game is this. You're characters- each from a different world- were abducted from their homes by a UFO... and subsequently wake up from stasis after the stupid pilot crashes in the middle of nowhere on a strange planet. (maybe there was a bee in the cockpit). Now, once you get past the disorienting wake up and get to know your fellow castaways, there's a world out there to explore. And there are, by the way, intelligent natives that you'll meet soon enough. Some of them friendly, some of them NOT

So, here's some the features I've got.

•there very few limits as to your characters appearance and background. You can be anything from a space age cop with angel wing to a sentient banana with a cowboy hat. Heck, you can even play characters youve played before in other games you've played before within reason.

•speaking of "within reason". Your character can have powers, BUT I must ok it. And be warned, if I don't like it, I might ask you to make some changes. Or I might just tell you "no". So be prepaired for that.

Example

- Throwing ice/fire/lightning/etc from hand: if you can explain it scientifically.

- Shapeshifting: possibly

- Mind control: Hell. No.

- Mind reading: maybe, but I'm going to need proof that you play that without pissing people off

-Fantasy
Magic: NO.

-Shamanistic/mistical Magic: there is a place for that (just look at Starwars), but again, I need proof that you can play that right.

-Summoning a piano over someone's head: Oh, I have GOT to hear the explaination for that one.

Whatever your power, make sure they have limits to balance things out.

If your character is a regular old human, he/she is probably from modern day earth. if he/she's not modern or from earth, we'll need a good explanation for how they got there.

•we'll all start off in the wilderness, which might be sliiiiiightly inhospitable. But the aliens that abducted you took random items from random planets that might be helpful for survival (or will just be funny gimmicks)

•as far as getting over language barriers go, we'll come up with something

Last edited:
Your ideas make me giggle. I'm curious to see where it goes, although I have a sneaking suspicion that this one is going to be another that is too fast-paced for me to keep up with, unfortunately.

But I -have- to explain the piano thing. I can't resist.

The character is a research engineer focused on the development of new-and-improved matter transportation devices. The latest and greatest is not on the market yet and is still in early testing stages. The device is small enough to be implanted comfortably in the palm of one's hand. It reads brain activity through the hand's nerve endings and, based on the user's thoughts, transports a desired device from a specified location - which may be somewhat generic in origin due to the device's item-recognition technology - to the user's present location at the user's specified distance - IE the user thinks of an item in a location that it wishes to transport and where, and the device does so. The big upgrade to this device over similar ones is that it, as yet, appears to have no limitations on weight or size but what the user puts on him/herself. This tends to vary from person to person, as certain individuals simply can't fathom moving an entire building, for example, but others have the incredible capacity to fathom the movement of mountains. The device is limited by its signal-and-response programming, preventing the user from inadvertently summoning objects as the device requires a specified signal before it will respond. The signal options are near limitless and can be designated by the user at the time of implant and later reprogrammed at the facility from which the implant was received. To clarify, again, the device is not currently available to the public and is only in use, at this present time, by the small number of researchers who are testing it.

TLDR: Character has a matter transporter implant that allows him/her to transport a piano over someone's head if desired.

Satisfactory?

Your ideas make me giggle. I'm curious to see where it goes, although I have a sneaking suspicion that this one is going to be another that is too fast-paced for me to keep up with, unfortunately.

But I -have- to explain the piano thing. I can't resist.

The character is a research engineer focused on the development of new-and-improved matter transportation devices. The latest and greatest is not on the market yet and is still in early testing stages. The device is small enough to be implanted comfortably in the palm of one's hand. It reads brain activity through the hand's nerve endings and, based on the user's thoughts, transports a desired device from a specified location - which may be somewhat generic in origin due to the device's item-recognition technology - to the user's present location at the user's specified distance - IE the user thinks of an item in a location that it wishes to transport and where, and the device does so. The big upgrade to this device over similar ones is that it, as yet, appears to have no limitations on weight or size but what the user puts on him/herself. This tends to vary from person to person, as certain individuals simply can't fathom moving an entire building, for example, but others have the incredible capacity to fathom the movement of mountains. The device is limited by its signal-and-response programming, preventing the user from inadvertently summoning objects as the device requires a specified signal before it will respond. The signal options are near limitless and can be designated by the user at the time of implant and later reprogrammed at the facility from which the implant was received. To clarify, again, the device is not currently available to the public and is only in use, at this present time, by the small number of researchers who are testing it.

TLDR: Character has a matter transporter implant that allows him/her to transport a piano over someone's head if desired.

Satisfactory?

Hey Art! Long time! Come on in!

So before I answer your last question, are you acualy going to do the piano thing?

I would LOVE to do something like this! I've never done a RP before with a dice, but it sounds really fun! I want to create an alien, because aliens are super fun to roleplay as :P

Well color me interested, though I admit I never played an adventure of DnD. Oh and hey again Mop! Long time no see~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back