• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mep2Mep

Plot
In a world where yokai are dominant and humanity are a dying species. A land that was once believed to only exist in legend...

Kyokutō is a land filled with monsters and mysteries. Where adventurers explore the mysterious continent. Mostly exploring in search of treasure and glory. Especially the artifacts of a mysterious civilization. The most sought-after are the ones containing magic.

You are a group of treasure hunters, who are hired to find a certain set of artifacts. The person who hired you remains anonymous, but they assured you that you'll get paid.

As it's the month of October I decided to bring back this defunct RP. This is made for people who are into horror, adventure, and Japanese folklore.

You play as a yokai or human, where your goal is to find specific artifacts your employer tasked you with. But you won't be alone as you'll be all working together. You may find other artifacts on the way and maybe do other tasks to earn some extra money on the way. There will also be events and certain encounters you'll have to face.

If you need help finding yokai just go to yokai.com.

Rules
  1. Follow rp nation rules.
  2. No overly long paragraphs or short paragraphs.
  3. Respect other players.
  4. don't create too many characters. I only for 2 or 3.
  5. no overpwered characters.

Not asking for that many players, so if anyone is ready just let me know. I'm gonna be working on the character sheet.

I have half the mind to make a case, but if it's better that I stay on-theme, then I'll look through more options.

Would Tsukumogami based on things not from Japan (thought imported there at some point) be alright? And yes, it will be a teapot.

I have half the mind to make a case, but if it's better that I stay on-theme, then I'll look through more options.

Would Tsukumogami based on things not from Japan (thought imported there at some point) be alright? And yes, it will be a teapot.
That's fine. It's still a yokai so I will allow it.

I shall return with the heads of a hundred demons for my lord!

...And get the artifact.

You could play as a demon if you want.

But there will be NPC demons, so you can slay as manny demons you want!
Eh? Why ever would I want to play as a horrific monster?

When you can prove the supieriority of your will and strength as a human!!!

Mep2Mep Mep2Mep
Hello! I am new to the site, so I'm looking to get my feet into the water of this platform. This seems uniquely interesting to me. I'm a fan of all mythology and do my best to research as much as possible. I have a little over a decade of experience role playing and would be more than happy to join this if you would let me!

Would it be possible to play a creature from a different mythology?

If not, I have an idea for a mutated Gashadokuro character.

I look forward to your reply!

Mep2Mep Mep2Mep
Hello! I am new to the site, so I'm looking to get my feet into the water of this platform. This seems uniquely interesting to me. I'm a fan of all mythology and do my best to research as much as possible. I have a little over a decade of experience role playing and would be more than happy to join this if you would let me!

Would it be possible to play a creature from a different mythology?

If not, I have an idea for a mutated Gashadokuro character.

I look forward to your reply!
Depends on the mythology.

Gashadokuro is fine as long it ain't kaiju size.

Depends on the mythology.

Gashadokuro is fine as long it ain't kaiju size.
Okay, so the mythology would actually be Native American. I was hoping to do a historically accurate Wendigo character.

If not, the Gashadokuro character would only be about 12-20 feet tall.

Okay, so the mythology would actually be Native American. I was hoping to do a historically accurate Wendigo character.

If not, the Gashadokuro character would only be about 12-20 feet tall.
The interesting thing is that Kyokuto is based in North America. So your wendigo character will fit right in. Tho most of my wendigos are usually just savage monsters, but it depends on your character's backstory.
Also, your Gashadokuro is good as well.

Honestly, you have two interesting characters. If you want two, you can play as two.

The interesting thing is that Kyokuto is based in North America. So your wendigo character will fit right in. Tho most of my wendigos are usually just savage monsters, but it depends on your character's backstory.
Also, your Gashadokuro is good as well.

Honestly, you have two interesting characters. If you want two, you can play as two.
Hmmm....I don't know. I usually focus on one character per story, so that way I can make sure that they are all well developed. Is there one you like more than the other?

Heyo! Another new person looking to join if the desired player cap hasn't been reached, reporting for potential duty. I do have a relatively higher level of knowledge when it comes to mythology from China, Japan, and the Philippines compared to my familiarity with other sorts of myths, so I've set sights on a character from the second item on that list. On yokai.com, that would be the Denpachi gitsune (kitsune? Spelling varies on the aforementioned site, though I've seen kitsune used more often in other resources about Japanese mythology) or Konoha, since I feel like he'd fit well for a curious treasure hunter.

If the player cap's been reached, well, I'll be smoothly waltzing out and chilling someplace else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back