• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [closed] Interested in a Harry Potter Themed RP - 1 x 1 check

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there. It's been a while since I've made one of these so here I go again. Sorry, don't expect anything fancy from my interest checks- I'm just not like that or one of those people. But I'll try to keep it organized here the best I can.

So, if you've made it here, chances are my title caught your attention. Or you're just looking because you're bored out of your mind and don't even wanna roleplay HP (I see you, dw ;) ). As the title suggests, I am very interested in doing some sort of a Harry Potter roleplay. I have a little itch I'd like to scratch with the HP universe that is coming up that I never thought I had before but alas- here I am lmao. So, before I go on too further, I just wanted to express a few things to you before we go on....

1. Bear with me, it has been admittedly quite a while since I have watched all of the HP movies and read all the books (yes, believe me, I did actually read all of the books for Harry Potter in their entirety. Man, that was quite something when I did it.... lol.)

If I forget something relating to the HP universe, don't get mad at me and call for my head on a pike! I'm human! I make mistakes too! Don't worry, I've already got another HP rp that's going on just fine, so I can assure you, the fact that it has admittedly been a while since I've seen the movies or read the books will not lead to a decrease in my quality or ability to roleplay in the Harry Potter universe. Plus, the internet is yours and my friend! If I ever forget something- don't worry! I can easily look it up and refresh my memory!

I only bring this up and mention it because I know a few people do tend to get a superiority complex about them and get a bit snobby. So if you're willing to have a causal cute little HP roleplay, hit me up! : D

2. No one liners please. Thanks. Simple as that. I'm not asking for a damn novel from you, just not one liners.

3. Please, for the love of God, no first person RPers. Listen, I don't have a problem with you if that's your style, but as a third person RPer, that kinda style just doesn't mesh well with me. I hope you can understand! : )

With that out of the way, let's get to the meat of the sandwich- the juicy part!

I'm looking for something pretty specific in this RP tbh, so I'll talk about that here. Ok so basically, what I'm looking for is a casual little almost slice of life RP set in the Harry Potter universe. Now I know where this is gona draw some people away, but so be it. For this RP, I'd prefer that we each use OCs. That doesn't mean that canon characters can't appear, but I'd prefer for our OC characters to be the "stars of the show," ya know? If I've still got your attention- great! I'm impressed and also happy! : D My next "criteria," I guess, is that I'd prefer we start it off during our OCs' first year at Hogwarts. So yes, we play out a little train to Hogwarts scene (maybe our characters actually meet each other there on the train, who knows!)

So along with our OCs being first year students at Hogwarts, I do have a preference for gender pairings, but this isn't always necessary and if you REALLY push me, I'm open to compromise. But for now, my preference and what I feel the most comfortable with is myself being a male character, and your character being a female, especially if there is romance. I'm not opposed to same sex pairings and romance (I mean considering I am literally a part of the LGBTQ community) but I just prefer to play it out that way.

In fact, I'd prefer that we have a very juicy slow burn romance plot going on with our OCs, I think that'd be cute and fun to play out! : ) So, yea, that's about it. Some other things I guess- I'm a male, English is my first language, so don't expect really any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes at all. Of course, I'm human so I might slip up the rare time once or twice, but it won't prohibit your ability to read my posts. Also, as your partner, I will ALWAYS give you something to work with when we are roleplaying! I'll never give you boring one liners, even if my character isn't talking in a scene- we will make it work! All I ask is that you try to do the same in return. : )

That's about it y'all. Please, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask when we eventually do start messaging. Before I go, some things I'd like to add: and here's where I really know if you actually read my full post lmao. I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT roleplay on Discord. I have personal issues with the site and I'd prefer that my partner respects that.... Secondly, along with preferring to keep RPs on RPNation, I would prefer if you comment down below on this post before messaging me. From there, I'll message you once I see that you are interested in this post.

Thanks so much for reading and I really look forward to RPing with all of you! : ) Best wishes to you all!

-Edric Blight

I’m interested! I’ve not read the Harry Potter books, however I have seen the movies and it’s honestly been a while.

But, this sounds like a lot of fun! I love slow burn romances

I’m interested! I’ve not read the Harry Potter books, however I have seen the movies and it’s honestly been a while.

But, this sounds like a lot of fun! I love slow burn romances
Awesome! So we will work out perfectly! Sending you a PM now! And yes, I just absolutely DIE for slow burn romance. : )

GENERAL UPDATE TO THIS POST: I intend for this to be a long-term roleplay, so yes eventually if we do take it that far, our characters will grow up and go from first to second year, to third, etc.

: )

☆ i'm interested ! I think it'll be really fun to try something slow burn, I feel like it gives a great opportunity to really get into characters ☆

THREAD TEMPORARILY CLOSED! : )

I wasn't expecting this many responses- which is great! I'm both happy and thoroughly impressed! But due to the now overwhelming amount of request and partners I've received for this post, I will be temporarily closing it to new partners until things mellow out. Thank you so much everyone! : )

Err uhh, well since most of the RPs relating to this I started off have long died off (sad...), I'm now ready to take more partners that may be potentially interested in the plot and post above. Be aware, I am most likely going to take one or two more new partners for this one, should anyone be interested, but, I am happy to say that as of July 9th, I'll be opening this post back up.

Please post on this thread if you would potentially be interested in starting something with me, and I will dm you! : )

And a special thanks to the few partners of mine who have stuck with this plot with me! Should you guys ever see this, it means a lot! : )

Alrighty, lol, closing this back up since I have the amount of partners I would have liked! Thanks everyone for your interest! I'll post here if this opens back up again! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back