geolojess

Game: Hunt for the Thesselhydra

System:
5e

Number of players:
3-5

Type: One-shot

Where: Discord

Description: You are a group of already acquainted adventurers who have been summoned by a local ruler to hunt down a creature that has been terrorizing the area.

Side notes: This is the Stranger Things module but being familiar with the show is not a requirement, you just won't get the Easter egg stuff and that's no big deal.

This adventure is only played at level 3, there will be no leveling.

This kind of my first time DMing and definitely first time to DM a pbp. If this goes well and the group synergizes well then I may consider turning this into a full campaign. If that happens we can make adjustments to characters etc. to fit the setting.

Character creation:
  • Level 3
  • Any published race or class
  • UA with prior approval
  • No homebrew
  • Background equipment + class starting equipment or roll for wealth (player's choice)
  • Stat generation method*: Standard array or standard rolling method (!rr 6 4d6kh3 and assign to desired stat)**
*If we want to get really chaotic we can do a method I totally didn't steal where each player rolls at least !r 4d6kh3 and all players use the rolled stats as they wish.
**Concerning low stat rolls: I personally like the idea of one or two low stats, b/c character weaknesses can make for good story telling and it can allow you to rely on you party members in certain areas, but I will allow rerolls depending on circumstances.

To apply: State your interest, that's it! If you like you can also share character ideas or tell me whether you're feeling chaotic* or not ;D Also let me know if you want to know a little bit about the potential campaign setting before character creation. note: Not first come but priority is given to those with less games.

I'll put my name in. I'm very familiar with Stranger Things. For a character I think I would play a fighter, most likely samurai subclass and lean into the samurai themes.

I'd love to put my name in, too. I've been thinking of a gnome artificer, but if you don't want that newer class, I have a pretty good centaur cleric in my back pocket.

Oh, and I have 0 experience with Stranger Things, but that doesn't matter to me.

I'll put my name in. I've always wanted to know if this module is any good. I usually tend to build my character around the party or the setting, so no ideas on that so far.

I'm all up for that alternate stat generation and I'm very familiar with the Stranger Things part of this.

I'm interested as well, but I'd definitely like some info on the setting before building a character. Are we playing in a world where supernatural stuff doesn't exist until it's suddenly trying to kill you?

You know what, I’m gonna throw my name into the ring for this campaign as well. I would also like to hear about the setting some more before character creation, but this seems like a lot of fun! Also, I am a big fan of stranger things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back