[CLOSED]Humanity Untainted

Death Korps of Krieg

Keeper of the Ruins
Unknown Location, somewhere in Triangulum...

In the darkness of space, a trio of ships emerge from hyperspace. The trio consisted of a single T-300 cruiser and two Black Eagle stealth frigates. But... something about them was not right. They did not have the golden hammer and sickle of the Commonwealth; instead, they had what seemed to be a black hue on their armor, with the words, "Humanity Untainted" painted on either side. They seemed to have been veered off course in the middle of their jump, and a calculation error sent them tens of thousands of light years away from their intended destination. But here they are...

"Commander, scans on the system show several planets, including a volcanic one. We have also confirmed that we are within the Triangulum Galaxy and are inside the territory of the Confederacy. Luckily, this is one of the more sparser areas, so we should be safe."

"Good. In the mean time, conduct a landing on the volcanic world. Find what you can."

"Yessir!", and the lieutenant went running towards the communications section, where he immediately began transmitting orders to the other ships.

Two hours later...

Several landing craft went their way towards the volcanic planet's raging surface, braving the roaring winds and volcanic smoke. They found a safe spot on which to land, and then a company of Desolator Troopers and Tesla Troopers emerged from the transports. They immediately went their way, taking samples and analyzing the surface.

"...Xenos..."

@The Governor

"Ensign Menard! Contact on sensors, sir!" a technician exclaimed. "Unknown vessels, three at the moment. They dispatched something to the planet below. Orders?"

"Try to make contact. See who they are, why they've come. If they're here to kill the Delieggen, we shouldn't interfere. But until their purpose is stated, they've entered controlled space illegally. If they don't respond within one minute, open fire." The command came from Ensign Jacques Menard, a young, capable officer of twenty-seven Terran years. His white uniform was neatly pressed, and he was clearly competent. If he possessed different ideological leanings, he probably would have enjoyed a more glamorous posting. But he believed very strongly in the supremacy of the human race, more so than the compassionate, quietly humanocentric Confederate Government. Menard was just as likely to defect to the HCA as engage them, and was posted far from the front lines of war in the Milky Way. He had been given an old destroyer, the 750m DCS Ridgeway, and posted in one of the quietest sectors the Confederate Navy could find.

"Attention, unidentified vessels," Menard began in the message. "This is the destroyer DCS Ridgeway. You have now entered Confederate space. Identify yourselves, or you will be fired upon."

On the planet, despite vicious resistance, some of the Delieggen were captured by those who had come down from orbit.

Last edited:
Space

The message came loud and clear, and they knew they have been found. 

"Captain! A destroyer is hailing us. It says, 'Attention, unidentified vessels. This is the destroyer DCS Ridgeway. You have now entered Confederate space. Identify yourselves, or you will be fired upon."

"Hmmm... I assume that is a Confederate ship. The Confederates... people that have forgotten that they are the master race. First Officer! Order both Black Eagle frigates to go into stealth mode and sneak up to the destroyer. This cruiser will take it ahead! Full power to shields and fire main batteries!"

"Shields at 100%! Main batteries, open fire!"

Just as planned, both of the Black Eagles cloaked, dropping out of sensors for at least a few minutes. The T-300 cruiser then went towards the destroyer, with its 5 laser batteries flaming and missile launchers raging. 

IMG_20170208_182125_912.JPG

In the planet

Yuri locked his aim towards one of the xenos, before launching a bolt of toxic acid at its form, causing it to melt while it screamed in agony and pain. These xenos... they demonstrated the ability to shapeshift. Interesting... Probably worth the effort to capture some. Right now, the ground forces have captured a dozen of the shapeshifting xenos, binding them in electric shackles while killing at least a hundred more. 

"A creature that can manipulate its own DNA at will... interesting...", thought one of the technicians of the ground landers, Alexis Chuikov. "If we can somehow use this DNA on our viruses... What possibilities will that have...?"

"Commander! Our ships have engaged an enemy starship. A Confederate destroyer, I believe. We might have to wait a bit longer."

Last edited by a moderator:
The first hits came without warning for the Ridgeway. The lights flickered briefly, and then they returned. Ensign Menard fell to the floor, bit his tongue, and tasted blood. Once the pain had passed, he stood up, wiped the blood away, and said to the rest of the crew, "All power to weapons and shields! Kill main engines, manoeuvring thrusters only! Tell engineering to increase the mixes in the reactor core. I don't give a damn if it melts down! We're under attack, and if we die, we're dragging the intruders to Hell with us!"

With that, silver beams from the five main batteries tore into the T-300's shielding. Though they evaded several, one missile connected with the Ridgeway. "They've scored a hit on the starboard side, sir! One battery out of commission, comms relay damaged. Comms are still serviceable. Orders?"

"Send a distress signal. Ridgeway under attack, Kiltorra system under attack. Three vessels, unknown origin." Shortly after the command was given, the message was sent.

Then another missile connected. The old destroyer shook from the impact, and returned fire with its four remaining batteries. Engineers raced to reinforce the various hull fractures, but they knew the battle was already lost. The Ridgeway was an ancient warship, whose last service had been during the Confederate Civil War two decades ago. Before that, it had served in the Great Delieggen War, roughly five hundred years before the present time. It guarded the system because it was of no use against the modern ships of the HCA, or anyone else.

Menard hoped for a miracle, but he suspected that once the other two ships attacked, the battle would be over.

Kiltorra, Delieggen Planet

On the planet, the Delieggen continued to resist capture. One reformed the part of his body that had been shot by acid, but it was subdued by other HU forces. Others revealed their true forms and fought viciously, hoping to terrify their enemies with monstrous size and unusual ferocity.

Last edited:
The T-300 continued its assault, but at this phase, its attacks were different. Instead of trying to simply destroy the lone destroyer, its laser batteries are selectively picking off the remaining enemy batteries. One by one, precise shots from its laser cannons and missile launchers destroyed the batteries. Once they were destroyed, the T-300 simply... ceased firing. But then, out of nowhere, two Black Eagle frigates decloaked and rammed the dorsal and ventral sides of the Ridgeway, keeping themselves anchored on with grappling hooks. Right after that, the one in the dorsal side fired one its shock batteries, completely tearing off the comms relay and scoring another penetration. They then punctured the hull with penetrating drills before a force of pryzniki and Tesla Troopers boarded, laying down those they encountered with precise rifle shots and bolts of electricity.

Delieggen Planet

Transform as they might, but the HU forces have already faced things that have monstrous sizes and ferocity, such as the Klehros of the Hether System, where they slaughtered the entire population via a specially engineered virus. The HU forces slowly forced their way through the Delieggen defences, capturing even more.

As the boarders progressed, Jacques understood that the battle wouldn't be won. Instead, he activated the ship's comms and reluctantly said, "All Naval officers, surrender to any boarders you encounter. It's not the usual approach, but there's no point in every one of us dying, at least not before we've heard what these people have to say. Direct them to the bridge. We have no idea who they are, and I'll try to determine what they want."

On all decks, Naval officers placed their weapons on the ground and held up their hands to signal surrender. At the bridge, their commander waited. Planetside, some of the Delieggen continued to resist. Most, however, retreated into the planet's extensive natural tunnels. Their volcanic worlds were still active, and without native knowledge of the eruption timing and magma pathways, the Delieggen knew the invaders wouldn't be able to follow them down. Many had died and more had been taken, and they were retreating for now.

Seeing that the ship's denizens have surrendered, as well hearing the order of surrender in the comms, the boarders lowered their rifles and shock coils. Their leader was soon approached by a Confederate naval officer who wished to direct them to the bridge. He complied, and upon arrival, he heard Jacques's questions - Who are they? What do they want?

"Before I answer that, it is a custom for us to introduce oneself first. I am Alexandros Makrovitch, commander of the HUSS Starmangler. As for who we are, we are the ones called Humanity Untainted. An organization of pure blooded humans dedicated to wiping out the dirty xenos from the galaxies. As for what we want, well, we have shapeshifting creatures below whose DNA would be useful for endavours. Our ground forces have already captured some of them. As for why we attacked your vessel... Well, we know that the Confederacy tolerates the xenos in their midst, something at which we are disgusted at. So we struck. However, if you turn out to be like minded as us... You might as well join our side and leave this rotten system to itself."

Planetside, the HU forces stopped their pursuit as the Dellieggen escaped to their tunnels. Knowing that following them down might be their undoing, they opted to fire virus missiles into the tunnels. These will slowly destroy the xenos's fertility, and render the population sterile, as well as killing the weaker ones. That would suffice for now.

"A pleasure, Commander Makrovitch. I am Ensign Jacques Menard of the Confederate Navy." He shook hands, and then added, "I'm somewhat like-minded. Many aliens, I have no ill-will against. The Confederacy is proof that, with some species, a limited understanding can be established. But I understand very well who the superior species is, and deep down, so does the Confederate Government. The primary difference is that they're unwilling to officially acknowledge it, so you'll see xenos living within our society. But make no mistake. Humans are very much in control, and I dont care how many Delieggen you eradicate. Five hundred years ago, we noticed what a plague they were, and for five centuries, we've been trying to purge them one planet at a time. But like most plagues, they're rather...resilient. Do what you like on the planet. My job in the system is to ensure none of them escape, not to protect them from outside forces."

The officer considered what was offered before he spoke. "I'd be willing to join. The Confederate Navy doesn't appreciate my views, and they waste my talents. I'm a glorified jailer, and I hoped I'd have more to show for a lifetime of patriotism. Assuming you'll have us, the crew of the Ridgeway is willing to join you. I offer my skills as an officer, the skills of a formally trained Naval officers, the destroyer Ridgeway itself, and most importantly, intimate knowledge of Confederate armour design."

Commander Makrovitch only nodded at Jacques's words. So, the High Command must have been rather... misinformed...The Confederacy aren't the highly-tolerant-angels that they were initially believed to be; in fact, it is quite the opposite. But such ignorance could not really be blamed. After all, the HU or the Commonwealth haven't gotten into too much contact with the Confederacy until the Second Great War against the Invaders, when the Commonwealth ended its isolation to help in the fight,and the HU temporarily resigned itself to covertly aid in the slaughter of alien invaders, before returning to its position of terrorism in the war's end.

"We truly must be like-minded individuals.", said Makrovitch as Ensign Jacques Menard offered himself and his crew for the service of the HU. "Heh, you're all accepted. True, the Confederacy has wasted your talents, and that wastage has gone far enough. With a man with such armor knowledge on our side, we can now hope to match the armor plating of the new Darksea Battlecarriers and Slava Battlecruisers that the Molot Naroda constantly throw at us at each turn. Our force of cruisers and frigates is unable to fight such ships at a frontal assault, but once we somehow obtain the symmetrics on both the battlecarriers and battlecruisers, plus the knowledge that you have, we will easily fight the Molot Naroda's forces in a more direct way."

With that, Makrovitch began to scan the surroundings. What an ancient ship it was.

"This ship must be very old, I guess. I'd say that she be modernized and repaired, since our rockets and shock batteries must've hurt her a bit. I would suggest a ship that can operate months without returning to port, and functions as a stealth raider. As for you, you might want to give her a new name. What would that be?"

"Very old, yes. The ship was cutting edge five hundred years ago, when it first engaged Delieggen warships, back when they had them. Now, it's something beyond obsolete. A complete refit and redesign is exactly what it needs. And designing it for long-range, covert missions will be a perfect role for it. It's small, so it would have a low profile. The Ridgeway is also a destroyer, and it was originally meant to fight larger ships when necessary. It could be one of the finest raiders ever designed."

He then added brightly as inspiration struck, "As for the name, I'm not sure what your prefixes are. But the name would be Malveillance. It means Malevolence. I imagine we'll be using it for retribution against the enemies of man?"

"Yes of course. Against the enemies of man, especially those goats the Commonwealth calls the Nicassir, and the spiders named the Kirdoni. We in the HU hold these two races in high disregard, so the Ri-, I mean, the Malveillance would be most suited against them, as neither the Nicassir or the Kirdoni are fond of sensors, though any other xenos filth would be a suitable target. As for the prefixes, I'd say it be Déces, or, Malevolent Death. If that is alright for you. So, now, we will now hook up this ship with the cruiser outside to bring it in as well in a hyperspace jump back to the Headquarters. As for the frigates that rammed you, well, they will get off shortly."

Outside, the cruiser began preparations for hyperspace jump, and the two frigates that were stuck at the Malveillance soon got off. The two commanders continued exchanging words before a message came that hyperspace jump was ready to commence.

"Alright... Everyone, brace for hyperspace jump. 1...2...3, JUMP!"

At that, the quartet of ships disappeared into hyperspace. They had now gone to where the newly named Malveillance will be turned to the monster it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back