• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings {Closed for the moment}'Take a little walk to the edge of town...' Looking for some kickass RP buddies!

Winter_

Professional plotter; wannabe cop; criminal badass
Hey all. I’m once again on the hunt for some kickass m/m (or gen) RPs. I'm mostly looking for 1x1 private storylines, but I would also jump at the chance to get a small private group line going as well!

Quick About Me:
Female. 31. Big on badass, dangerous muses, revolutionaries and underdogs. I don’t like playing sugar-happy, whimpy, childlike characters and will never play against them. I more into writing epic fight scenes than sex scenes. Got a serious flare for the dramatic and a mind made for characters that are con artists, spies and dirty cops.

Email or Discord for plotting and tagging only. Would prefer to RP over google docs, insanejournal or our own private forum here.

What I’m looking for:
I’m looking for like, 70% plot, 25% buddy cop/frenemy character development and 5% chance of romance. I want characters to be doing things, being in danger and I want to be writing those moments where they wipe their bloody lip with the back of their hand and prepare to fight for their lives. Not just jumping into bed together all the time. *yawn*

I miss the times spent plotting and planning, cackling evilly with each other over chat and then actually FOLLOWING THROUGH on the plots and writing the scenes. I like well thought out characters and worlds/cities where I feel like I need to draw a horrible looking map to keep track of things. We all love our mains, but I want someone who likes fleshing out the supporting characters of the story. Let’s have a bad guy we actually play, who has a personality and a reason for what he’s doing and a henchmen or two!

I like that feeling of being written into a corner, simply because the obstacles we created for our characters are so big that we need to stop and think how the hell we’re now going to get them out alive!

I like people who keep track of details and those happy to do a quick google to find a reference picture for a location. I love listening to music, and often get ‘character theme songs’ so help me get into their heads; I’d love to find someone like that as well, and someone happy to have a ‘OMG, wrote THIS while listening to THIS’ laugh.

I think that the song Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is possibly the best 'get into the mood' soundtrack ever.

I’m open to any PBs/faces, though I much prefer playing against a real face, not a drawing.

I have just come back from Japan and while the scene is totally dead, all my old VK/Jrock RP feels are back and heightening my post-holiday blues. So I'd LOVE something set in Japan, and a chance to brush off some old Jrock muses.

I’d be over the moon with a wonderful PSL! That would make me so happy. I’d also happily work something out to take our concept to a community if that was more your thing. Or, totally wishful thinking, I’d die to start up a small group RP with a Japan setting.

Beloved settings, concepts and keywords
  • Yakuza gang wars, with cops struggling to keep it off the streets.
  • Good cop, bad cop, sordid pasts and a city terrorized by a serial killer. (totally loving this idea at the moment, and have a moodboard/inspiration set up over here)
  • Meddling Private Investigators and shady originations.
  • Post-apocalyptic gang wars, fall of technology, crumbling cities and the struggle to survive.
  • Futuristic fantasy, high tech, Total Recall setups with mythical creatures/enhanced humans and hackers.
  • Epic slums, walled cities and places full of trash, mould and darkness (think Kowloon Walled City!)
  • Good vs evil in a setting where morals blur and shift.
  • Prostitutes who are more than they seem; dark and dangerous and playing all sides of war.
  • Zombies in Tokyo. Imagine! Shinjuku station. THE HORROR. OMG.

I like heroic muses, brave and self-sacrificing to a fault. I also love the self-serving, self-preserving manipulators. Antiheros, underdogs, unlikely saviours and the morally conflicted. Good guys doing bad things, and bad guys doing good. Motorbikes. Cigarettes. Whiskey. Black eyes and busted knuckles. Movie-esq blood spits and leather jackets. I love all these things.

Some of my previous character concepts that I’ve really loved:
  • The computer hacker, obsessed with movies, terrified of fish and totally not used to being shot at.
  • The ex-cop turned PI with an attitude a lot taller than him, stuck in a world where playing dirty is the only way to survive.
  • A bosozoku leader waging a one-man war against the encroaching yakuza takeover.
  • The popstar playboy turned unlikely douchebag hero in the zombie apocalypse.
  • A pissed off, pint-sized Kitsune fighting to take over the criminal underworld.
  • An incarnation of The Artful Dodger in a Peter Pan setting.
  • The human resistance leader struggling to keep his people away from the demons of the afterlife.
  • The genius conman manipulating two gangs into a bloody war, all for his own gain.
  • The Horseman War joining in a doomed siege to help feed his vices.

And so, so many more.

Things I’m not looking for:
Slice of life (band/celeb, or just PB SoL), fluff, just smut, super basic plots. Not looking to play any damsel in distress type of lines, or be simply the brute to someone’s ‘cutesy uke’. Not interested in the whole ‘seme/uke’ thing at all really.

Nitty picky:
Ideally looking for people of a similar age. No one under 21.

I’m totally cool writing with male muns (some of my best RP partners have been male!) but please just let me know. Something as simple as “Hi, my name is Jake” is perfect.
Typos and autocorrect happen, and I’m no grammar Nazi, but experience has shown me that I’m much more comfortable RP with people with English as their first language.

People who post two or three lines of reply need not apply. While size doesn’t always matter ? it is important for world building, character development and story progression. Three to four paragraphs are my preference, though I can and will do longer posts, especially if action is involved, or scenes are being set.

Life happens to us all, and I’m a busy person who both works a day job and runs her own business. However, I always find time to post a reply at least once every two days (normally every day because I hate going to bed knowing that things are left without a reply) so some one with the same schedule would be perfect. I let my partners know if I’m going to be MIA for a few days, and I’d like the same in return. Awkward as it is, I also would rather tell someone if I’ve lost interest in a line than just disappear. Again, I would like the same.

If you’re interested in hashing something out, let me know here or hit me up on discord (Winter#5131). I'd love to plot with you!

Hi there!
I love your view on roleplays that revolve only about sex - I'm not fond of those either (though writing smut-scenes isn't allowed on here) and I'd be extremely interested in one of these ideas:
• Post-apocalyptic gang wars, fall of technology, crumbling cities and the struggle to survive.
• Futuristic fantasy, high tech, Total Recall setups with mythical creatures/enhanced humans and hackers.

I tend to write as much as my partner does, and I put just as much effort into my characters and the story itself as my partner. You seem to be somebody who puts everything possible into a rp, and I honestly can't wait to discuss characters, storyline and more with you.

English isn't my first language, but my second, and apart from little grammar mistakes made usually because of autocorrect on my phone (my phone is used to writing in five different languages so it sometimes corrects words into a total different language, though I try to pay attention to little things like that so it doesn't happen all too often) my English is quite good, if I may say so.
The other thing that doesn't really fit with what you asked for is that I'm under 21 (I'm 16). I, however, am used to dark themes, violence and more, and I myself have experienced enough in life (and I'm not talking about teenie-heartbreaks or anything like that) to add details about a hard past or something similar to my character(s) and / or the story.

I really hope you'll give me a chance ^^

Winter_ Winter_ I'd be down for some Yakuza gang wars or zombies in Tokyo even. Though if there's something you feel like in particular I'm probably down too~

Hi there!
I love your view on roleplays that revolve only about sex - I'm not fond of those either (though writing smut-scenes isn't allowed on here) and I'd be extremely interested in one of these ideas:

I tend to write as much as my partner does, and I put just as much effort into my characters and the story itself as my partner. You seem to be somebody who puts everything possible into a rp, and I honestly can't wait to discuss characters, storyline and more with you.

English isn't my first language, but my second, and apart from little grammar mistakes made usually because of autocorrect on my phone (my phone is used to writing in five different languages so it sometimes corrects words into a total different language, though I try to pay attention to little things like that so it doesn't happen all too often) my English is quite good, if I may say so.
The other thing that doesn't really fit with what you asked for is that I'm under 21 (I'm 16). I, however, am used to dark themes, violence and more, and I myself have experienced enough in life (and I'm not talking about teenie-heartbreaks or anything like that) to add details about a hard past or something similar to my character(s) and / or the story.

I really hope you'll give me a chance ^^

Ah yes, I know about the smut limit here, which is great actually. I generally like my lines off board though, so I guess that's open to interpretation.

I'm more than willing to give people a chance, and I'm sure that there are a lot of kickass players out there who are younger, but... as someone over 30 I feel super uncomfortable RPing with someone under 18. You're seriously half my age! I'm sure it will be my massive loss, but again, for me, it just feels more than a little wrong.

Winter_ Winter_ I'd be down for some Yakuza gang wars or zombies in Tokyo even. Though if there's something you feel like in particular I'm probably down too~

Heya. Totally down with either of those (or even a combination of both) and I'd love to plot. Please hit me up on PM or on discord if you have it and we can see what we can work out!

Hey there! The sort of 'criminal underworld' isn't really my typical scene when it comes to roleplay, but thankfully I'm one of those who just can't stay away from the new and intriguing. I found that the "pint-sized Kitsune" concept did ring a bell with my preferred tropes, and maybe we could discuss it further to see what we can come up with. Should I hit you up in PMs, if you're still looking, that is? Really looking forward to working something out.

Hey there! The sort of 'criminal underworld' isn't really my typical scene when it comes to roleplay, but thankfully I'm one of those who just can't stay away from the new and intriguing. I found that the "pint-sized Kitsune" concept did ring a bell with my preferred tropes, and maybe we could discuss it further to see what we can come up with. Should I hit you up in PMs, if you're still looking, that is? Really looking forward to working something out.

Hey there! I'd love to brush off and rework that muse. :hearteyes: He was one of my greatest achievements and one that I adore the pants off! Feel free to either PM me or hit me up on Discord (details in the post) and we can have a chat!

I would be super down to do something along the lines of Tokyo Zombies, or the gang wars idea! Can I shoot you a PM?

I would be super down to do something along the lines of Tokyo Zombies, or the gang wars idea! Can I shoot you a PM?

Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I already have a line worked out for rival yakuza surviving zombies in Tokyo, so not really looking for any more lines for those plot bunnies at the moment. Also, please note my age requirements :) Thanks again though.

Hey all. I’m once again on the hunt for some kickass m/m (or gen) RPs. I'm mostly looking for 1x1 private storylines, but I would also jump at the chance to get a small private group line going as well!

Quick About Me:
Female. 31. Big on badass, dangerous muses, revolutionaries and underdogs. I don’t like playing sugar-happy, whimpy, childlike characters and will never play against them. I more into writing epic fight scenes than sex scenes. Got a serious flare for the dramatic and a mind made for characters that are con artists, spies and dirty cops.

Email or Discord for plotting and tagging only. Would prefer to RP over google docs, insanejournal or our own private forum here.

What I’m looking for:
I’m looking for like, 70% plot, 25% buddy cop/frenemy character development and 5% chance of romance. I want characters to be doing things, being in danger and I want to be writing those moments where they wipe their bloody lip with the back of their hand and prepare to fight for their lives. Not just jumping into bed together all the time. *yawn*

I miss the times spent plotting and planning, cackling evilly with each other over chat and then actually FOLLOWING THROUGH on the plots and writing the scenes. I like well thought out characters and worlds/cities where I feel like I need to draw a horrible looking map to keep track of things. We all love our mains, but I want someone who likes fleshing out the supporting characters of the story. Let’s have a bad guy we actually play, who has a personality and a reason for what he’s doing and a henchmen or two!

I like that feeling of being written into a corner, simply because the obstacles we created for our characters are so big that we need to stop and think how the hell we’re now going to get them out alive!

I like people who keep track of details and those happy to do a quick google to find a reference picture for a location. I love listening to music, and often get ‘character theme songs’ so help me get into their heads; I’d love to find someone like that as well, and someone happy to have a ‘OMG, wrote THIS while listening to THIS’ laugh.

I think that the song Red Right Handby Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is possibly the best 'get into the mood' soundtrack ever.

I’m open to any PBs/faces, though I much prefer playing against a real face, not a drawing.

I have just come back from Japan and while the scene is totally dead, all my old VK/Jrock RP feels are back and heightening my post-holiday blues. So I'd LOVE something set in Japan, and a chance to brush off some old Jrock muses.

I’d be over the moon with a wonderful PSL! That would make me so happy. I’d also happily work something out to take our concept to a community if that was more your thing. Or, totally wishful thinking, I’d die to start up a small group RP with a Japan setting.

Beloved settings, concepts and keywords
  • Yakuza gang wars, with cops struggling to keep it off the streets.
  • Good cop, bad cop, sordid pasts and a city terrorized by a serial killer. (totally loving this idea at the moment, and have a moodboard/inspiration set up over here)
  • Meddling Private Investigators and shady originations.
  • Epic slums, walled cities and places full of trash, mould and darkness (think Kowloon Walled City!)
  • Good vs evil in a setting where morals blur and shift.
  • Prostitutes who are more than they seem; dark and dangerous and playing all sides of war.
  • Zombies in Tokyo. Imagine! Shinjuku station. THE HORROR. OMG.

I like heroic muses, brave and self-sacrificing to a fault. I also love the self-serving, self-preserving manipulators. Antiheros, underdogs, unlikely saviours and the morally conflicted. Good guys doing bad things, and bad guys doing good. Motorbikes. Cigarettes. Whiskey. Black eyes and busted knuckles. Movie-esq blood spits and leather jackets. I love all these things.

Some of my previous character concepts that I’ve really loved:
  • The computer hacker, obsessed with movies, terrified of fish and totally not used to being shot at.
  • The ex-cop turned PI with an attitude a lot taller than him, stuck in a world where playing dirty is the only way to survive.
  • A bosozoku leader waging a one-man war against the encroaching yakuza takeover.
  • The popstar playboy turned unlikely douchebag hero in the zombie apocalypse.
  • A pissed off, pint-sized Kitsune fighting to take over the criminal underworld.
  • An incarnation of The Artful Dodger in a Peter Pan setting.
  • The human resistance leader struggling to keep his people away from the demons of the afterlife.
  • The genius conman manipulating two gangs into a bloody war, all for his own gain.
  • The Horseman War joining in a doomed siege to help feed his vices.

And so, so many more.

Things I’m not looking for:
Slice of life (band/celeb, or just PB SoL), fluff, just smut, super basic plots. Not looking to play any damsel in distress type of lines, or be simply the brute to someone’s ‘cutesy uke’. Not interested in the whole ‘seme/uke’ thing at all really.

Nitty picky:
Ideally looking for people of a similar age. No one under 21.

I’m totally cool writing with male muns (some of my best RP partners have been male!) but please just let me know. Something as simple as “Hi, my name is Jake” is perfect.
Typos and autocorrect happen, and I’m no grammar Nazi, but experience has shown me that I’m much more comfortable RP with people with English as their first language.

People who post two or three lines of reply need not apply. While size doesn’t always matter ? it is important for world building, character development and story progression. Three to four paragraphs are my preference, though I can and will do longer posts, especially if action is involved, or scenes are being set.

Life happens to us all, and I’m a busy person who both works a day job and runs her own business. However, I always find time to post a reply at least once every two days (normally every day because I hate going to bed knowing that things are left without a reply) so some one with the same schedule would be perfect. I let my partners know if I’m going to be MIA for a few days, and I’d like the same in return. Awkward as it is, I also would rather tell someone if I’ve lost interest in a line than just disappear. Again, I would like the same.

If you’re interested in hashing something out, let me know here or hit me up on discord (Winter#5131). I'd love to plot with you!
I like the good cop/ bad cop setting with a serial killer on the loose. Sounds like something I could throw in a few ideas for too.

Fair warning I do enjoy moral dilemmas and I like characters developed and shaped by the choices they make and the consequences that follow. I think this rp would be a perfect fit to explore some of those concepts.

I can play either the idealistic cop or the not so idealistic, cynical detective but let me know if it’s a plot you want to explore

I like the good cop/ bad cop setting with a serial killer on the loose. Sounds like something I could throw in a few ideas for too.

Fair warning I do enjoy moral dilemmas and I like characters developed and shaped by the choices they make and the consequences that follow. I think this rp would be a perfect fit to explore some of those concepts.

I can play either the idealistic cop or the not so idealistic, cynical detective but let me know if it’s a plot you want to explore

Hey there. Thanks for the response and interest! I've actually just closed this thread (for the time being) as I've received a bunch of responses, especially for that particular line.

Should what I have plotting not work out, then I'll reopen and bump this thread and see if you're still interested.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back