• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (Closed for now) Wanting an adventure, you say?

Relias_

Rose tea tastes good sometimes
Roleplay Type(s)
A world where Magic is real.

A world where you will be able to shape your own adventure.

You, who wish to escape your reality, be it wishing you could live in a world of fantasy. You, who wish that you were able to have superpowers. You, who wish this world weren't so boring.

Will you relinquish the ties you have with your world?

A cheerful voice pops in a void of white, glimmering purple and blue snow falling from above. "We call you folks as; Wishers. Congratulations, through the celestial realms and universe. Your wish has reached me."

When you wake up the next day. A piece of paper appears to be floating in front of you. It reads;
IMG_20211231_172956.jpg

OOC - Hello! I'm breaking out my shell and trying group roleplay. Please be patient with me!

So this plot, we will start as a small group. It will revolve more around Slice of Life and Adventure, easing us into a foreign world with combat here and there. Explore the world of Rales and its characters. Will your character be a successful fighter? Mage? Will they enter the royal guild, or would they prefer a quiet life somewhere? Perhaps they'd even be a top tier adventurer!

One key aspect of this is that your character's wish of wanting another life in the land of fantasy has been answered. Thus the God of that world visits your character in their dreams. So making your character being all "I don't want to be here" and making no effort to interact with the environment makes zero sense.

I don't have much experience in world building so the areas we can go to might look boring or out of place for you! Also it's hard to traverse trying to make text look pretty while on phone.

The world of RALES is that of a fantasy, set somewhere in the faraway universe. As previously mentioned in the letter.

There is no need to delve into the depths of the world's history from the day it's formed as it will not impact the characters straight on unless they choose to peer and investigate into it. But all comes with time.

This is choose your own adventure type of roleplay! Your actions and many others will impact the outcome of scenes, the lives of NPC's, Main Plot Anchor(s) and your own characters. Butterfly effects are always in motion, moral points will be added and taken out depending on your actions and words. Wanna be a jerk who always puts down others?, sneaky prankers?, that one guy who always thinks they're right? That is fine, but you have to deal with the aftermath that not all NPC will like or favor you afterward, Main Plot Anchors(MPA) follow this as well.

They have their own Personality, Work, Lives, Troubles and what they Like.

Be willing to explore the environment even if it's just wiping tables or reading the bulletin board, interact with other characters and NPC's as it may give you clues on how to find or interact with MPA's and get to know them better.

Note that the world is very much alive, if you crash someone's market stall, you will be required to pay them for what they have lost.

There's some trash on the tavern floor? Your character picks it up and throws it into the trash! An MPA might see this and look at you for a moment thus adding to their impression of you, who knows. Maybe you'd be in the center of trouble and that MPA recognizes you, thus helping you out of curiosity.

What is an MPA, you inquired?
Main Plot Anchors! They are the ones who your characters will encounter multiple times to extend your adventures, give you advice and so on. If you are able to interact with them enough to gain their attention, you can even start a side quest of their story and help them with personal problems!

There are 6 MPA scattered throughout, keep an eye on details of NPC dialogues.

Please do understand that your characters are very much new to this world. It's like when you first went somewhere you've never been to before with different cultures. Your characters cannot possibly know what's what who's who at all times when they have never seen it before, nor can they fight while doing triple axel backflips spinning ice shards that lands in bullseye thus killing a monster instantly when they've never even used magic before. It needs to be trained - and no, timeskips or background training without writing what they're practicing for don't count.

That weight of needing to kill a living thing, even if it's a monster. Needs to be real. The danger of monsters closing in, that fear that claws at their hearts. Unless your character has killed before, but my point still stands.

If your character gets ambushed by bandits, just know that your character will lose all their items.

Metagaming - Bringing in OOC information that your IC character has no way of knowing. Is forbidden and I will kick you in the butt.
Overpower Characters - Is a rather individual issue. Remember, your characters are new, they are weak and have nothing to their name yet in this world. They are like toddlers, stumbling around with magic that they're still working on training. While Main Plot Anchors that I will play as are experienced fighters, they have connections, and rules of power, influence. If an MPA or monsters kicked your character's butt in less than a minute, or scold them because your character did something wrong. Then your character probably deserved that. And the same goes for rewards. You do good in their eyes and you get something in return. Be it enchanted weapons, gold, or even information, maybe you can even get to know them close enough to ….spark something? wink wink nudge nudge.

Now then! Off to requirements!

Third person view is a must. You are not your characters because that is dangerous fall to start. Differentiate between you and the one you're playing.

Make sure you write so that the others have room to work and interact with your character. No one likes talking to a brick wall.

Differentiate your [Your, You're, Their, There] I'm sure that speaks for itself!

I'd appreciate it if the player and characters are above 18, since regardless of worlds. There will be mature themed conflicts and issues.

Your character must be human! Because, well… it's my first time doing this, you see. 👉👈

Oh, uh. And make sure you tell others if you're unable to respond or want to pull out of the rp.

I'm sure I'm missing something but that's fine.

I'm still making the post for RP and OOC threads, just putting this out here in case anyone wanna join. A small group at first. Maybe 4 people (;ŏ﹏ŏ) if you have questions let me know, I'm not scary (ʘᴗʘ✿)

When it comes to pictures, make it make sense. Don't just nab the first picture off of Google.

Power list: Limited to make it easy.
Ice
Water
Fire
Wind
Earth

Character Sheet:

Name to be used in Rales:
Appearance (both picture[no real people, thank you] and written):
Personal item that were transported along(Important item only, max 2)
Power:
Personal Flaws:
Personal Strengths:
Backstory/Personality:

Main-Rp Here
Character Sheets Submission here
OOC - Questions here

Last edited:
Can the character come from another world other than one akin to our reality? I'm not talking aliens or anything, I mean like a world that might be more or less technologically advance than ours currently, or even a world that is already familiar with magic.

My apologies if I'm overcomplicating this, as I'm interested with what you've presented, it's just an errant query.

Can the character come from another world other than one akin to our reality? I'm not talking aliens or anything, I mean like a world that might be more or less technologically advance than ours currently, or even a world that is already familiar with magic.

My apologies if I'm overcomplicating this, as I'm interested with what you've presented, it's just an errant query.
Hmm~ If it's a world akin to ours but less advanced then yeah, they can also be from an advanced world with flying cars, holographic video calls and bodily modified via tech. But the moment they're vomited into Rales, those tech will be gone from their person since they've relinquished all ties from their world. They're reborn anew.

But the main aspect is that they should come from a world where Magic does not exist and could only be called as Fantasy since if real Magic exist in their world and they are fairly familiar with it. Quazirier would just fly past them because it deemed the people there unsuitable for its need.

♪ヽ(・ˇ∀ˇ・ゞ) Questions are much appreciated! It makes me remember and clarify stuff I might've missed.

Hmm~ If it's a world akin to ours but less advanced then yeah, they can also be from an advanced world with flying cars, holographic video calls and bodily modified via tech. But the moment they're vomited into Rales, those tech will be gone from their person since they've relinquished all ties from their world. They're reborn anew.

But the main aspect is that they should come from a world where Magic does not exist and could only be called as Fantasy since if real Magic exist in their world and they are fairly familiar with it. Quazirier would just fly past them because it deemed the people there unsuitable for its need.

♪ヽ(・ˇ∀ˇ・ゞ) Questions are much appreciated! It makes me remember and clarify stuff I might've missed.
Hmm… so could I have my character be somewhat from a fantasy world but one where magic doesn’t exist? But all the monsters still do, so it’s more like a gritty survivalist world? Does that work?

Hmm… so could I have my character be somewhat from a fantasy world but one where magic doesn’t exist? But all the monsters still do, so it’s more like a gritty survivalist world? Does that work?
In other words. It's like a world if Dinosaur didn't get obliterated by a chunk of rock and now we're forced to fend from a pack of velociraptors? Yep that works! <3

Heya! I'm definitely interested, though I just had a question about the powers. It seems from the CS we choose one from the list, correct? What does each of them represent? An affinity towards a specific type of magic, or something else?

Heya! I'm definitely interested, though I just had a question about the powers. It seems from the CS we choose one from the list, correct? What does each of them represent? An affinity towards a specific type of magic, or something else?
Yes, an affinity toward specific elemental magic. Since they are new it is only fair that they should only know one basic element. What they'll branch that power into further along is their choice.

Quazirier said they'll be given power but it don't say the character get to choose, so the characters won't know what power they have until they meet one of the MPA (*꒪ヮ꒪*)
[But the player get to choose for their character]

Just posted my character for anyone unsure of how to start! Maybe you can gain some kind of idea. Let's get this roleplay started! ヽ( ᐖゞ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back