• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (Closed for now) An RP thread based off Pokemon Platinum

Yes actually! I recently saw one of my favorite Youtubers do a playthrough of Ace Attorney: Investigations and the name... it stuck with me. It was perfect
Jelloapocalypse, i assume? i watched the Miles Is On FIre videos too XD

I got into Jello through his summary videos but EPITHET ERASED IS INDEED REALLY REALLY GOOD! I REALLY RECOMMEND IT AS WELL!
watch Epithet Erased. watch it for her. watch it for the cowboy lady
Zora_Salazar_heartthrob.jpg

I can imagine everyone being like who are you and what have you done to the real Vincent or just audible groans of discomfort haha

Pfftt!! I look forward to seeing that as well! It definitely could be quite hilarious with him like "k... I'm flamboyant now." It definitely could be fun to see how others like NPCs react to it. LIKE FREAKING HIM AND FANTINA TRYING TO OUT DO EACH OTHER IN EXTRANESS!

And now I'm just imagining Anemone mid-battle just freaking... getting distracted cause like she just got an idea for the presentation round and is trying to figure it out only for Pearl to just get wiped out. And fittingly she's just standing there with the Pikachu face because she may or may not have completely forgotten she's in a battle

Agreed XD I really enjoyed contests, especially in the anime when they felt like their own gym challenge but more exclusive with the whole ribbons and limited amount of contests dealio (hence why I made Anemone a coordinator lol) so I'd love to see how an arc like that would go

Having looked at Oliver's CS... oh my Arceus. 🤣
PFFFF, i wanted to make a fem character but i was like "hmmm...not enough lgbt" so Oliver came about. And the whole Oliver! (Reprise) song was stuck in my head on REPEAT when making the enby so

PFFFF, i wanted to make a fem character but i was like "hmmm...not enough lgbt" so Oliver came about. And the whole Oliver! (Reprise) song was stuck in my head on REPEAT when making the enby so

Yeah, I can only imagine the spectacle our two characters would put on together.

It would be chaos. Lots, and LOTS of chaos. Thankfully, they haven't met yet, because I can assure you, Venti would want to fight another Unova pokemon ON SIGHT. The Venipede has a tendency to bark a challenge and wind up in over his head sometimes, trait he acquired from his wildborn parents. But he's very cuddly...if you don't snuggle him with your bare skin, as Ash did once. yikes.

anyways, i looked up some of the gym leaders and found (Frontier Brain) Arcade Star Dahlia, so that's fun
VSDahlia.png

(I'm a failure in life I never actually hit post reply)

What I was actually planning to do in this thread was to make contests sort of like Gym challenges. Perhaps make it to where every other city has its own contest that way characters who are coordinators could have more action. And it would be great to have a part where all the coordinators force the non coordinator characters to take part in a contest.

Last edited:
decided to grab all the vs sprite images for Pokemon DPPt's gym leaders because I have no self control. oops. anyways graphite if you need these for any reason here you go.
VSRoark.png
VSGardenia.png
VSFantina.png
VSMaylene.png

VSCrasher_Wake.png
VSByron.png
VSCandice.png
VSVolkner.png

What I was actually planning to do in this thread was to make contests sort of like Gym challenges. Perhaps make it to where every other city has its own contest that way characters who are coordinators could have more action. And it would be great to have a part where all the coordinators force the non coordinator characters to take part in a contest.

Ooh! That would be fun!! I actually believe Bulbapedia (I don’t know if I spelled it right or now) has a list of all the cities where contests were held in the anime. So that could help with figuring out the cities contests could be held in since in the anime, that had it that coordinators would be tasked to get 5 ribbons to enter the Grand Festival (which is basically one big Pokemon contest) with each contest providing the winner one ribbon. The thing is that you can’t renter the contests if you loose. The contests only happen once yearly, making it much more of a competition as coordinators battle each other for the ribbons. Sort of like a way of ensuring that the top coordinators get into the Grand Festival.

I... may have watched the Pokemon anime a lot as a kid and remember way more than I should ^^;

also this idea is GREAT. i have Oliver's pokemon suited for both regular combat and contests, but this is also cool. and Oliver forcing the non-coordinators into a contest would be HILARIOUS, but i also feel bad for the forced peeps.
...i have a feeling my extensive bulbapedia research into Oliver's full team contest/battle hybrid pokemon moveset that almost crashed my computer twice with how many tabs i had open and running might've gone overboard, but it is what it is. if anyone wants to know what moves bounce off of each other, feel free to ask

Oh hands down John would be one of the ones who would need to be forcibly dragged onto stage. Due to his connection with Cynthia the poor boy is already skittish enough when going into heavily populated cities (Jubilife is going to be fun!). So by placing him on stage surrounded by both Pokémon enthusiasts and reporters. Not to mention that this is Sinnoh we're talking about; the one place he'll easily be recognized. Yeahhhh he's pretty much signing his own death warrant if he'd agreed to compete. (Oh don't worry I'll be making him compete... does that make me a monster? 😆)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back