• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern [Closed] Does this city really need a hero?

VioletVi

Perpetually Going Thru It
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
daa0c21e03d03b903165eb547486cd778b8b3360.gif
Welcome!
Hello to whoever may come across this thread with piqued interest! I'm VioletVi. Total nerd: Video Games, Reading/Writing, Music, Anime. Glad to see ya! I'm seeking a partner (only one!) for a setting idea that has been itching, and I've been unable to scratch. I'm looking for someone casual to advanced lit who doesn't mind a hiatus or two...or more. LGBTQ+ friendly. Heavy World/Character building. Non-fandom.

Still interested? Phew! Keep reading for more details below!
rain-aesthetic.gif

catch-hand.gif

8e2e290239e75784d776214adc69c2f52309a779.gif

8865fa2d1539f8ae76f4d1b6da896684.gif

tumblr_inline_p82fnxX9lO1szaa83_500.gifv
I recently began the rewatch of all most of the Batman movies in preparation for watching The Batman with Robert Pattinson. Rewatching Tim Burton's Batman (and Batman Returns) really made me want to write that classic-type superhero story. You know...the one. The whispers of a masked hero who has begun bringing criminals to justice. That annoying reporter who just has to get the scoop before anyone else. The inevitable damsel. Games of cat and mouse. Super criminals, high stakes, and swanky parties where the characters charmingly click. High-speed chases through the city, blowing shit up along the way. Theft, murder, mystery, more pain than our hearts know what to do with, and an agonizingly slow-burn romance along the way. The duality of a hero and all the high jinks we can handle.
That kind of hero's story.

I want to play the opposite of the hero—the annoying reporter for this story. The hero can be whomever you'd like. Are they genuinely super, or are they just a genius billionaire with more time and trauma than they know what to do with? As I mentioned, this is an LGBTQ-friendly story. I have no set requirement for the character's gender. I prefer, in no particular order, m/f (me playing female), f/f, m/m, nb/f, or nb/m.

Requirements for my Partner
Be 18+. I'm almost 30 (sheesh) so this is my preference.
Be able to world build with me and plan! I don't expect whole scenes to be written to the letter, but knowing where we start and where things are vaguely headed helps.
Multi-paragraph writing that fits the current pace of the scene.
Have basic grasp of grammar and spelling. I'm the queen of comma splices, so I am not asking for perfection.
Post frequently, 3+ times a week (when we aren't on hiatus—See below)
This is counterintuitive to the above, but be patient with possible spans of quiet. My job is hella busy, and I suck at setting boundaries. I also travel a lot for it, so there will be occasions when I won't be online to reply. Please be patient with that; I will extend you the same courtesy.
BBCode NOT required.
What to expect from Me
Dark themes, violence, death. (One of the reasons I'm asking you to be 18+) I want to discuss triggers and uncomfortable topics before we begin so we're on the same page.
3+ replies per week—or to your writing preference.
I will not drop this roleplay without telling you.
Someone open to as much or little OOC chatter as you'd like. I love making friends!
Nerd speak, character/plot gushing, playlist/song additions to our writing, and awkwardness.
A partner for the long-haul. I can write side characters with our MCs, so things are split.
All site rules followed.

tumblr_mdb69bxJGD1r1s7izo1_500.gif
Wow...You got this far? That's a good sign! Right...? Hopefully, I haven't over-saturated you with too much information. If you're as excited as I am about this setting idea, please send me a private message so we can get to know each other a little! As I mentioned above, I'm only looking for one partner for this to not burn myself out or spread myself too thin. I will close this thread once the spot has been filled.

I look forward to meeting you!
Thanks for reading! ViVi

Thank you to everyone who showed interest! For now, I will be closing this thread.

💚 ViVi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back