[CLOSED][Do Anything] Graves & Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lughaidh

LOO-ee
Title: Graves & Goblins
Game: Do Anything
Player Count: 4

Description: A folk game can be defined as a game that is passed from child to child, generation to generation, informally by word of mouth. “Do Anything” is a sort of folk roleplaying game. One with unknown origin that I’ve come across on the Internet. I tidied it up and put it in a document for ease of sharing. The specifics of this one-shot aren’t important, just know that it will be set in generic fantasy land and the tone will be fairly silly.

Character Creation: character creation happens during play. See rules linked below.

Other: Players are not selected “first come first serve”. Excerpt from the Do Anything rules:
How to Play:
Say what you would like to do and roll a number of d6 based on the skill being used. You succeed if the sum of your roll is higher than the target number. The thing you wanted to happen, happens.

Skills
All players begin with a single skill: Do Anything 1. If any roll results in all sixes, the player may learn a new skill at one level higher than the skill used for the action. The skill must be a subset of the same skill.
  • For example: If you are climbing a wall using the skill Athletics 2 and a pair of sixes are rolled for a total of 12. Not only do you succeed at climbing the wall, but you may gain the skill Climb 3.

Last edited:
Added beginning of the rules to explain how the game plays. It gets increasingly wilder and creative as you play the game.

Well this seems like an absolute crap shoot and I'm interested in seeing how long until I crash and burn. We talked about my availability before, but if you think it'll work I'd like to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back