• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[CLOSED] DnD 5e - Overleveled Homebrew Ghosts of Saltmarsh Campaign

Lord Moldoma

Professional Sweetypie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings and Salutations,

I am an avid fan of DND. My main experience has been with modified one shots and a single long term campaign I played with my father in my younger years.

I am also a superfan of the Overlord series, by Kugane Maruyama. I've read the first 2-3 novels and I've seen every episode from seasons 1 - 3. I also believe that the reason I may have been drawn to this series is due to it's interpretation of a power-imbalance, and an apathetic protagonist. Maybe I just like power fantasies. I'm not entirely sure.

After being royally rejected by the LFG subreddit and told that I don’t play dnd the way that the general game/going public enjoys. I was directed to go find a site that has more free form or open minded roleplayers, so I’ve turned to RPnation, hoping not to be given the same answer I got there here.

I've been hoping to do a game based on 5e’s Ghosts Of Saltmarsh with an overleveled protagonist character. I have 8+ years of roleplaying experience, though only freeform roleplay -- starting on the fanfiction.net Forums but eventually moving to Discord -- rather than tabletop or p&p.

Specs - I use Dungeon master's vault for all of my materials and sheets, unfortunately, I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules to link it here. For Homebrew rules, my characters race, origin, and multi class limit are all done either variant or overhauled altogether. Additionally I hope to be playing with the mana variant rule

I will be using non-core content and likely a few Homebrew sets.

Notice: I understand if the concept of someone wanting to play an unbalanced game is a little bit against what gatekeepers or more experienced players/GMs might consider normal/acceptable, but please don't come here just to grill me in the replies, It'd be really mean and I won't have much else to say other than I'm sorry.

Thanks for listening to my offer, I hope I've caught your interest!

Consider me interested. But I would like to know, how are you handling attribute determination? And what level are you looking to start at?

Consider me interested. But I would like to know, how are you handling attribute determination? And what level are you looking to start at?
Oh! I actually already have a sheet for my character! I can send it to you if you’d like!

So are you looking to play a character and have someone else GM, or is this a GMPC? Also, would the whole party be overlevelled, or just your character?

So are you looking to play a character and have someone else GM, or is this a GMPC? Also, would the whole party be overlevelled, or just your character?
This is a matter of me wanting to play a character and have someone else GM. I know it’s a bit of a taboo to search for a game master among LFG communities. I apologize profusely if you’re discouraged/offended.

It’d be just my character that’s over leveled. We don’t even need a rest of the party if you don’t wanna strain yourself.

Just asking for clarification for myself and anyone else on the thread, no worries 😄
I'm afraid I don't really GM on here, and it's not really my scene as a player, I think I'd end up feeling like a side character and that's not really enjoyable for me.
Best of luck finding someone though!

Just asking for clarification for myself and anyone else on the thread, no worries 😄
I'm afraid I don't really GM on here, and it's not really my scene as a player, I think I'd end up feeling like a side character and that's not really enjoyable for me.
Best of luck finding someone though!
Thanks for your interest! Best of luck to you too!

Is there still a spot open? I may be interested in joining if you have room for one more.

Greetings and Salutations,

I am an avid fan of DND. My main experience has been with modified one shots and a single long term campaign I played with my father in my younger years.

I am also a superfan of the Overlord series, by Kugane Maruyama. I've read the first 2-3 novels and I've seen every episode from seasons 1 - 3. I also believe that the reason I may have been drawn to this series is due to it's interpretation of a power-imbalance, and an apathetic protagonist. Maybe I just like power fantasies. I'm not entirely sure.

After being royally rejected by the LFG subreddit and told that I don’t play dnd the way that the general game/going public enjoys. I was directed to go find a site that has more free form or open minded roleplayers, so I’ve turned to RPnation, hoping not to be given the same answer I got there here.

I've been hoping to do a game based on 5e’s Ghosts Of Saltmarsh with an overleveled protagonist character. I have 8+ years of roleplaying experience, though only freeform roleplay -- starting on the fanfiction.net Forums but eventually moving to Discord -- rather than tabletop or p&p.

Specs - I use Dungeon master's vault for all of my materials and sheets, unfortunately, I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules to link it here. For Homebrew rules, my characters race, origin, and multi class limit are all done either variant or overhauled altogether. Additionally I hope to be playing with the mana variant rule

I will be using non-core content and likely a few Homebrew sets.

Notice: I understand if the concept of someone wanting to play an unbalanced game is a little bit against what gatekeepers or more experienced players/GMs might consider normal/acceptable, but please don't come here just to grill me in the replies, It'd be really mean and I won't have much else to say other than I'm sorry.

Thanks for listening to my offer, I hope I've caught your interest!
After several weeks of intrigue on this front. I've made the decision to close down the Overleveled campaign concept and rework what I had in mind. Instead, I will be taking a look into possibly creating a new RP ad for a multiplayer experience (still using the DND 5e system) but more in line with the Overlord Worldlore and the group isekai concept. Thank you all for your interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back