[Closed]City of Eyes: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythor229

Title: City of Eyes

Game: D&D 5e, posts done on discord

Players: 4-6, depending on interest

Description (Totally not stolen from Rob, who wrote it better than I ever could): Elysium is not a pleasant place to be, the shifting streets of the City of Eyes are forever shrouded in an oppressive rain that makes it difficult to see. Inquisitive minds are shunned and questions are the worst of social faux pas. Aberrations, with amphibian eyes and slick skin, mingle with vermin in the gutters and everywhere you look people are disappearing. Not that anyone speaks about that and there are far bigger problems than just the bones in the alleyways. There is an ancient evil at the heart of the city, trapped by the gods for centuries, but the clock is ticking and the chiming of the bells draws near. Can you manage to survive long enough in the darkness to defeat this evil? Can you find your way out of the City of Eyes?

Information: This is a Ravenloft game, so expect a dark, dreadful, and semi-serious game. Good words to describe City of Eyes is ambiguity, mystery, and noir-like. I will also warn you upfront that your character could die, sometimes without a way to come back, and a TPK is a realistic possibility. The module itself is hard to win, but it's more about the journey than the destination. Madness rules will also be in play, as this is a horrific place. This game doesn't pull any punches, so be prepared.
The game is also very similar to CoS in how open-ended and non-linear it is. You can go to almost any location at any time you want (although you might not be prepared for some places compared to others). The game uses the tarokka deck in a very similar way that CoS uses it.

Character Creation: You'll roll 4d6kh3 for stats, and if you aren't satisfied you can take the Blades array. You'll start at level 15 and level ups will be xp based, except for the couple of instances where you will get a milestone level. You'll also start with 2 uncommon, one rare, and one very rare magic item of your choice, but run it by me before you add it all to the sheet. You can have any PHB armor and weapons you want, and you'll have 1500gp to spend on other PHB gear of your choice.

Other: I would greatly appreciate only active people applying, as I'm a very active person and I want to have the game continue to move. If you can post in the IC/chat in the OOC a few times a day at the very least you should be alright, but the more active the better.

Last edited:
I’ll apply but once school starts not sure how active I’ll be since I have a hard time juggling stuff. I think my recent post in the serious channel will explain? But any ways I’ve never played at such a high level before so I’d like to try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread