• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {CLOSED} Camp Half-Blood: The Titan's Son

Fawn Heart
mackenzie-foy-not-a-breaking-dawn-photo.jpg
Fawn saw the blood and felt awful. She didn't mean to hurt him, it was just reactionary. Blood fell by her feet and Fawn squeaked, jumping back. Then the corn field grew and she smiled. Sybil was clever. Fawn looked up to see a leafy dome and she nodded, smiling gratefully.

Then there were the bubbles. Fawn gulped and slowly walked forwards, hoping not to set any of them off.

As the bubbles began to motion down towards the cornfield she'd offered one of the most sacred offerings to create to her mother, she smiled. Perfect! Just what she was hoping for.

While he was focused on the field of fully blossomed corn, she climbed to the tallest branch of the apple tree that was capable of supporting her body and with a single act, she reared back her spear and flung it, not aiming at the boy, instead, the bubble he floated upon. Even if it didn't explode like the last bubble, she'd burst the surface tension and the bubble would collapse causing him to be in a domain he was not permitted in the least bit.

Black Jade Black Jade Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Nik glared the girl down, stepping into her path so she wouldn't be able to leave his sight. He dropped his sword, tossing it to the ground in front of her feet before he spoke, "You're not a threat if you start crying."

The boy was constantly studying the girl before him, she really seemed wound up. He could easily tell that she was about ready to snap, it wasn't as if she made it obvious but Nik could easily tell these kinds of things. His now free hand grabbed the rim of the shield as he slipped out of its embrace around his forearm. Nik let the shield drop too, giving the girl a sort of semi-apologetic look.

"Listen I'm new here too, but in my five days of being in Camp God-Spawn, I can understand how weird of a transition it is," Nik shrugged and looked away feeling a bit guilty before he brought his attention back to the girl.

"So why don't we go fill you in on how things work?"

xenforo_design xenforo_design

Jin backed up slightly when the boy stepped in front of her, standing in her path.

"You're not a threat if you start crying."

I know. Jin sniffed, face hot. She wasn't going to cry. She absolutely refused to.

"I'm not," Jin snapped back, crossing her arms. She couldn't seem to stop glaring at him. Huffily, she added, "And I wasn't going to." It felt like he could see right through her, and that was all the more unsettling. He was just some random kid. She wasn't going to start crying or get flustered because of some punk that wasn't even as tall as her-- sure, shorter by like, an inch, barely, but he was still shorter, and younger, surely. Jin quelled her nerves. Did her best to, at least.

Apparently he was also new here. Only been here for five days and already wielding medieval weaponry... or did he come here already waving those things around? These people were baffling.

"Okay," Jin said slowly. The sparks had died down entirely now. The boy seemed somewhat contrite. "Fine. I was going to go back to camp and get something to eat."

She turned, about to start walking back. She threw him a backwards glance. "My name is Jin Xiao Jiang. But you should just call me Jin."

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

"What happened to I don't owe you anything?", Nik raised his left eyebrow in mock inquiry. He gave the girl a grin and walked beside her, shoving his hands in his pockets as they walked. His eyes were forward, the necklace he just received bouncing against his chest lightly.

His head was in a slight three quarter view as he looked at Jin, it was obvious that he was checking up on the girl. Nik had a look about his face that would make any Aphrodite girl swoon, but surprisingly it was look he had gave out of concern. He felt a sort of responsibility to helping Jin out because they shared that key similarity of being new and out of their element.

"My name's Nik, I don't remember my last name so don't expect one anytime soon," Nik sort of joked, but he was completely serious, he didn't know anything about himself besides that his name was Nik.

"I don't owe you anything," Jin replied sniffily. She was still very much so a rich girl from Taiwan, and no amount of Greek monsters, demigods, or Camp Half-Blood training would ever be able to beat that out of her. The society she knew was one in which everyone carried themselves with a sense of elegance and, unfortunately, self-importance. "I was just raised to have manners, and it's polite to introduce yourself; that's all."

Still. This boy was being nice to her, in a better turn of events. She glanced over at him, noticing his look. Jin's face grew hot under his scrutiny. God, this was all so embarrassing. And ridiculous. Back in Taiwan, she'd probably be curled up in the salon, enjoying an interesting collection of essays on neocolonialism. Here, she was running around in a forest and being comforted by some boy who was probably younger than her.

Who didn't know his own last name? The strangeness of this place could make her head spin.

"What do you mean, you don't remember your last name? Do you have amnesia or something?"

They were nearing the camp slowly, but Jin almost stopped walking altogether. "Don't you have a family name at least?"

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Damien Tobiah Lmore

tumblr_m3ziibOHqr1rpschx.gif

Damien blinked, hearing the pop before the wind crashed up from below him, up to his body. His face scrunched up before pointing downwards, one of the bubbles popping as wind rushed out, pushing him upwards. But, he was ready. Oh so ready, as he lifted his weapon, as it formed into the spear.

He didn't have an exact pin-point on her exact location, but he had an area, as he let a bubble float around the area from where the spear was thrown. He aimed his spear, and threw it, letting it stab through the bubble as a gust of wind exploded from the bubble, pushing away anything in sight.

The whiplas shot wind to him as well, flying him backwards as he crashed into a large and tall tree. He winced, falling onto a large tree branch.
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter
SynKast SynKast

"Obviously I have a family name," Nik had discarded the remarks Jin had threw his way at first. Then shook his head to Jin's last, and very naive question. However, the more thought made Nik furrow his brow as he answered her,"I just don't remember it."

His footwork stopped completely and his mind working overtime trying to put something together. It didn't work, Nik sighed and gave Jin a very defeated smile.

"Yeah I thought I had something there, but I guess not..." Nik casually rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand as he caught up to the girl. His demeanor didn't seem to change much, there was just a slight hint of denial buried in his eyes.

"So I'm pretty sure lunch started, and if you haven't been claimed—," Nik was interrupted by the sound of a loud horn that is blared before meals are started. "We could sit together during lunch," He added after the loud interjecting sound faded.

Nik motioned his head towards the pavilion where the campers ate. He had a feeling the girl would follow him as he made his way to the lunch tables, his hands in his pockets once more.

Fawn Heart

Fawn paused. This wasn't a spar. At the very least, this wasn't a fair spar. Fawn felt guilty. She and Sibeal were going about this in the wrong way. Sparing is fighting face to face, not hiding behind magical powers to defeat another.

"Sibeal, stop!" Fawn called. She came out of the crop of corn. "We aren't doing this right. We should fight him face to face with weapons, not powers." Then the lunch bell rang. Fawn took a deep breath. "Besides, it's lunch time anyways."

Black Jade Black Jade SynKast SynKast

Last edited:
Just as Fawn had tried to call off the match, Sybil tried to look down to see if she was okay. Completely throwing her guard off which she'd realize was a mistake when the bubble appeared in front of her dome and popped, forcing wind in her direction that was so strong it sent her backwards with such a force, when she hit the trunk of the tree, she hit it so hard that several apples fell from the tree and a soft 'crack' of one of her ribs breaking was heard rather clearly.

Now, Sybil was sitting on her branch with her arm gripping her side before yelling back to Fawn, "The bubble blowing fish-boy was using his powers before the battle even begun. This is anything but unfair." she was panting from having the breath knocked out of her, though, her position had yet to be given away yet, though, he had come close. "Hey! Fish-boy! You heard her. No powers." a soft grunt came from her as she gripped her side tightly, forcing the broken rib back into place with another satisfying 'crack' causing her to gasp loudly.

Black Jade Black Jade Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Jin chewed her lip. She'd never met someone without a last name before. In Taiwan and in Chinese culture, last names were common and customary, almost a vital part of your identity. In fact, she allowed and even requested for all these Westerners to call her by her family name, Jin. Gold. That was the standard and the elegance by which her family lived in for years, by which she was raised. To lose her or her family's identity was to lose nearly everything, she thought. She wondered what kind of loss Nik had to have experienced. Maybe it wasn't a loss, but an absence, and Jin wasn't sure which one was worse.

"I haven't been claimed," Jin said, though that was perhaps only part of the truth. The truth was that Zeus had appealed to her before, and now she was possibly going to have to acknowledge him as her formal father…

Jin viewed the crowd of campers with unease. Still, she joined Nik at his offer. She needed his guidance, as much as she might not want to. Jin followed him as they made their way to the pavilion, where several other campers sat and waited. Some of them looked so young. She wasn't particularly excited about spending who-knows-how-long with a bunch of kids.

Hopefully they had good food here, at least. Though it probably wouldn't be anything like the food at home. Jin sighed, somewhat resigned.

"Am I going to have to move to a cabin with other people?"

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Last edited:

Damien Tobiah Lmore

tumblr_m3ziibOHqr1rpschx.gif

Damien gritted his teeth, standing back up as he spat some blood out of his mouth. "Fine." he muttered, letting out a sigh as his blade glowed, flying back to him and connecting with his chain necklace, once again making the golden coin.

He jumped down from the branch he stood on, calmly falling as he hit a large bubble, flowing into it as it floated downwards once again. It stopped, popping and dropping to the ground as he heard the slight crack of a rib. "Oh shit." he muttered, looking around. "Where are you? Was that a bone?!"
Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter
SynKast SynKast

Last edited:
Fawn Heart

Fawn heard the crack of Sybil's rib and paled. "Sibeal!" Fawn called, looking around. She didn't know where she was. "Sibbi, are you okay?" Fawn looked up to the trees and then to Damien. "What did you do to her?" Fawn whispered, terrified.

There was a reply from Sibeal and Fawn sighed heavily. Thank gods she's okay. Fawn heard the second crack and winced. "Sibbi, can you come out? I think we're going to stop sparing now."

Nik shook his head. He took a hand out of his pocket and pointed towards a very empty table. There was without a doubt in Nik's mind that Jin was a child of the Zeus. Sadly, that meant that she would be more detached than she already appeared to be.

"That table right there belongs to your dad's cabin", Nik withdrew his hand before pointing towards a very large and full table, "That's where you and I are gonna sit, with the Hermes' Cabin... That is until you're claimed."

Incidentally, the very same table that Nik was referring to spontaneously erupted into a small food fight. It was soon dispatched by Chiron who happened to be in his centaur form, sporting a quiver and a bow. Nik had no idea if Jin knew what Chiron really was, but it was a fair guess that she hadn't seen Chiron is his true form yet. Guess every moment here at Camp Half-Blood is a teaching moment.

"That there is Chiron, that paralyzed guy who isn't really paralyzed since he's half equestrian", He added as he pointed towards the centaur who was currently dispatching and scolding the campers at the Hermes Cabin, "and apparently he's a quest that goes to the camper that captures the flag tonight."

Before Nik could continue on with his explanations, a familiar older brown haired girl ran from the table over to the two of them. Nik knew exactly who she was, it was the same girl that gave him the necklace only a few hours before. Even if it was odd, Nik felt the need to keep the necklace with him, it was as if the jewelry was wearing him. Anyways, Lyndsey now stood before them.

"Oh you're that new girl the other campers told me about! Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, name's Lyndsey!", She said to Jin. Lyndsey's attention then turned to Nik. "Chiron made me a team captain! That means that I got to choose who was on our side!"

Nik nodded along as if he understood what she was rambling about, Lyndsey rolled her eyes before she explained, "It means that we're a shoe in to win, I chose the Athena and Apollo cabins to join us. Oh, plus that boy from Poseidon's cabin is on our team, so we got some serious man power."

"We might actually win, that just means we're going against every other cabin in camp," Nik nodded in actual understanding, his head turned to Jin who he couldn't help but make a smirk at while as idea came to his mind. Lyndsey noticed the look and began to look at Jin as well.

"Put her on the frontline," Nik said turning to Lyndsey, "I promise you won't regret it."

Sibéal was breathing heavily, her adrenalin being the only thing that was keeping her from screaming from the pain she just forced herself through in order to pop her rib back into place. Though, her powers were currently obsolete, so the tree that had a semi-dome looking appearance was now just it's usual, freely swaying self. Nevertheless, she'd of been stuck up there hadn't the Nymph of the apple tree taken pity on the daughter of Demeter by picking her up and with a swift movement jumped down from the branch and landed on the ground before letting Sybil hold herself up, "T-Thanks... I-I'm good I think." Taking a step forward, she noticed her body was trembling from the unknown pain she was suffering, but not feeling thanks to her adrenal glands. Though, that wouldn't last forever... "I need to get to the clinic room..." Looking over to Fawn and Damien, she started walking with her hand placed on her rib. She was moving as fast as her body would let her. Whether they followed her or not she was determined to get to her destination before her Adrenalin wore off and she was crippled from the pain.

This stupid camp could make her head spin. She bristled slightly when she realized that Nik had referred to Zeus as her father.

"He is not my dad," she muttered, more to herself than to him. It didn't really matter what he knew or didn't know. If this world was so dead-set on categorizing people by their blood and abilities, it probably didn't make a difference for him to accept her defiance. But to Jin, it was her identity. Her name was Chinese, not Greek. And her parents were Taiwanese. They were people-- humans. Not lofty gods sitting in their heavens, trifling with mankind out of pettiness and boredom.

She watched as one of the tables descended into chaos. And then a man-- a-- a centaur, rather-- quelled the fight. He looked like the person who had greeted her today, but that man was in a wheelchair, not half-horse. Chiron.

A quest to the camper who captures the flag?

A girl seemed to suddenly materialize before them. "Oh, you're that new girl that the other campers told me about!" People were talking about her? What did that mean? Jin couldn't help an unexpected wave of self-consciousness.

The girl introduced herself as Lyndsey. Jin managed a smile-- though thoroughly confused after such an exhausting day, the remnants of civility in this seemingly barbaric, backwards place settled her nerves a bit. "Hello, Lyndsey," Jin said, briefly back to her usual, very composed self. Someone who was quieter and more thoughtful, though certainly no less judgmental. Today had certainly wrought a lot out of her, in words and in energy.

"My name is Jin Xiao Jiang," said Jin, "but you may just call me Jin."

Jin sighed briefly, the events of the day catching up to her. She almost didn't notice the particular stare Lyndsey and Nik were giving her, sly and eager.

"Put her on the frontline. I promise you won't regret it."

"The frontline?" Jin repeated, almost dumbly. She blinked. And looked at the two of them in shock, almost horrified. "The frontline of what? I've played Capture the Flag before. There wasn't any fighting. I'm not about to be on the 'frontline' or whatever against teams of these crazy kids that have swords and shields and that are literally children of the gods."

She inhaled deeply after her tirade. "I just want some food," Jin sighed defeatedly.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

"It's safe to assume that your defense mechanisms will keep you safe. But just in case, keep your shield up at all times," Nik half-joked, Lyndsey of course didn't know what he was talking about.

"You better not cost me the game Nik," Lyndsey poked Nik in the chest roughly with a stern look on her face. With that, she left. Nik rolled his eyes at what she said.

"Why don't we get you that food you want so bad Princess?", Nik said to Jin, walking over to an empty spot at the Hermes table. He sat down without hesitation and grabbed the plate before him, thinking of what he was hungry for. It suddenly appeared before him.

"See? Like magic... Literally," the boy smirked looking back at the girl who had accompanied him all the way to the pavilion. He grabbed the fork that sat near his plate and began to dig in. His mind began to think about what Jin had asked him before. Nik wondered where he came from, how he got here, what his full name was. While nothing was coming to mind in a solid thought, there were very very vague images forming in his memory.

~X~
Meanwhile...
"Iapetus, you really think you can trust Epimetheus?", A large Titan said from atop a black throne, it was covered in small bright dots. A closer look at the throne would reveal that those dots were actual stars, and they were constantly moving.

"I'll put him in check Krios," Iapetus replied, his voice was gravelly and coarse. The Titan atop the throne, now known as Krios, scoffed outwardly.

"It's a pity your more competent son allies with the Olympians, rather than his father," Krios snapped at him. The son that Krios was referring to was Prometheus, the titan responsible for creating mankind.

"You forget your place!", Iapetus yelled as he grew hot with anger, although his son did side with the Olympians when Zeus had revolted against Kronos, Prometheus was sentenced to imprisonment after he tried to help what Zeus told him to make. The subject was still touchy for Iapetus. "Besides let's not forget about your daughter! Giving birth to Zeus's children! Twins nonetheless!"

Krios stood, his anger prominent on his face. Iapetus didn't back down as his brother stepped down from his throne. There was a large tension in the air, and in a second, it would be cut down by both Titan brothers. Luckily their niece, previously the moon incarnate, Selene, was their to calm the situation.

"Ease yourselves," Selene softly spoke from her reserved position in the room. She was usually soft spoken and thus remained uninvolved in affairs. However, she was here because she missed her domain.

A lot of Titans were upset following the result of the Olympian-Titan war. They had revolted against Kronos because of the way he had been mistreating his fellow Titans. So when the opportunity came that his cruelty could be overthrown, they took it. However, Zeus wasn't their saving grace like they had hoped for. For instance Helios and Selene were replaced by Apollo and Artemis, and Calypso, the daughter of Atlas who supported the Olympians, was punished to fall in love and never have it stay. But now, the Titans were rising once more, ready to take back what was once theirs.

"I apologize to you brother, we must stay loyal to each other if we are to rule once more," Krios commented after Selene's interjection, he placed a hand on Iapetus' shoulder "This time the Titans will reign supreme!"

Iapetus offered his brother a smirk before grabbing his brother's shoulder as well. "We shall reign supreme!"

The two cheered and chanted in the company of each other, their plan was put into motion, now all they needed was to watch it all fall into place.

Fawn Heart

Fawn nodded and ran to Sibbi's side. "I'll take you. Are you going to be okay? What happened to your rib? Is it broken?" Fawn didn't give Sibbi any time to reply to anything. She just shot off questions rapid-fire, obviously concerned. Any thought of Damien had left her mind. Her sole focus was getting her friend to the clinic.

As the two left the trees, Fawn looked around. It was time for lunch, so no one was out training. "Sibbi, are you okay to walk?" Fawn asked worriedly. "I could carry you." No, Fawn couldn't do that. She was far too weak.

SynKast SynKast

Defense mechanisms? Oh, right.

"You mean the ones I have no control over?" Jin said, voice edging on quiet hysteria. What if she blew someone up tonight? By the looks of what she had done to that tree, that was entirely plausible. "I still don't know if I can even touch anyone else without doing some damage," she murmured, somewhat annoyedly. Whatever Zeus had caused her was nothing but a burden.

Well. That being said, perhaps it would be worth it for her to learn how to handle some weaponry. That ability would be entirely her own, after all. And it'd prevent her from setting anyone on fire or shocking them into oblivion, probably. She'd have to ask Nik for help on that later. Or maybe Lyndsey, since the boy had said earlier that he'd only been here for three days.

Jin ignored Lyndsey's prodding at Nik. The older girl seemed almost sisterly to him. There was no doubt that she'd been here a long time, though, since she moved through the camp with the ease of familiarity.
Jin followed Nik to Hermes' table, which was somewhat crowded and rowdy. She'd heard that all the rejects and "unclaimed" kids were put here. Somehow, there was an open seat. Jin squeezed in next to Nik, watching as he took the plate.

Jin flushed at being called Princess. His smirk didn't help either. Even though she wasn't naturally a calm, collected person, she was good at pretending she was, as much as everyone or everything around her irritated her. But this boy kept getting under her skin, somehow. It's not that bad though...

She sat down across from him, staring as food just materialized on his plate. Oh great sky. There was so much to get used to around here.

"How did you..."

But then Jin looked at her plate, stomach yearning for Taipei night market food. And then it just appeared before her-- a plate lined with black pepper buns and guabao, a glass of aiyu jelly to drink, and peanut mochi on the side. She breathed a sigh of relief. There on the table was her home. Her beautiful country, culture, language, steaming slightly on her plate. She could hear her father's laughter in her ears and see her mother's elegant, wry smile. In a world that didn't seem like it could get any more foreign, this meal was the sweetest familiarity she could imagine. Jin scooted forward in her seat and began eating, not even thinking for a moment how strange her food must have looked to Nik and the other children at the table, who consumed largely Western or American-looking dishes.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Sybil, who was being attacked by Fawn with question after question, didn't answer to any of them as she focused on making her way to the Clinic... The searing pain in her ribcage started to flare up, slowly making her move slower and slower until her body came to a halt and she fell to her knees, tears falling from her cheek. She was now unable to move, despite making it 3/4 the way there.

Black Jade Black Jade xenforo_design xenforo_design Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

Nik turned his head over as he watched the girl situate herself next to him. She was a very interesting case, and the food she had wanted looked very odd. Nik couldn't help but give Jin a weird look. It didn't stop the boy from eating his own food, a simple greek salad topped with feta cheese and olives. He ate slow as opposed to the other campers ate the table, Nik wasn't very hungry in actuality. He was only trying to comfort the new kid, unlike how he was treated his first day.

"So when you say you don't know if you can touch someone," Nik placed a hand on Jin's shoulder, he didn't know whether he would be electrocuted but he had a strong feeling he wouldn't be, "Do you mean like this?"

He gave Jin a look that seemed to scream that he was right. Nik withdrew his hand and grabbed hold of the cup that was in near his plate. It filled itself with water as he brought it up to drink.

"Boys and girls, Capture the Flag will start an hour after lunch, use that time to gather what you need," Chiron announced to the campers, he stood in front of the sacrificial fire that was in the middle of the Pavilion. "Remember the rules: killing or maiming other campers means no dessert for a week, also nemies may be disarmed and or knocked out but binding or imprisonment is not allowed. And of course, all magical items are allowed."

The tables erupted in a roar of approval, the game was starting soon and it excited everybody. Nik didn't pay the centaur much attention and stood from his seat, waiting for Jin to finish. He ran a hand through his hair as he left himself become distracted.

xenforo_design xenforo_design SynKast SynKast Black Jade Black Jade Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter Hyydra Hyydra

The cheering would be large and triumphant, an ocean of voices in approval for the tradition. But soon, however, some voices would fade. At this moment, significantly two would falter. At that moment would joy turn to concern, would wonder turn to curiosity on what teams would unite in this triumphant crucible of violence and pride.

A child of Hephaestus looked to a daughter of Ares, who both sat at the same table, frowning as he asked her, "What's wrong, Terris?"

The short-haired blonde looked to her friend, sighing as she spoke truthfully, "I want the cabin of Zeus on my team."

The son of the Forgemaster soon sighed, slumping and facing his front, a depressing face falling upon him due to past memories. "So do I."

And such would be a just statement in that campus. Not because they would have the glory of Zeus, no. They desired who slumbered in that vacant temple, who kept to himself every day but shared with everyone upon battle. No other would they be speaking about than that of the child of Might and Heroes. No other would they be referencing to other than the child of Hercules. Luthius Wallmark.

At that moment did few voices silence, everyone too busy with the joy of another session of combat to realize who trudged by them. He was not the tallest, no. He was not the ugliest, the best looking. But his aura made up for his lack of height. His rage, which some thought could sunder mountains, that was found so easily in the core of his eyes and soul, made up for the lack of ugly or perfect facial features when staring towards him. He was always silent, though today, he seemed to have a small smile upon his face.

His plate was barely touched, a mound of chicken and beef and various meats. Had he eaten a single Gyro, his tradition before every major session of combat. Walking to the fire, many would realize that his shin guards were already equipped, along with his arm guards. Reaching out his right arm over the beginning of the fire, dumping his plate to point to the ground, some could see the effort his veins made to circulate blood through his arms. Any who knew Luthius would know how he favored tight armor, the leather straps numbing his forearms for the time being. Something about being concealed with something always made him feel comfortable, that it would never fall from him. He still thought of Hephaestus partially during these offerings, thanks to the daughter who chose to spend her day forging him an entire set of personal armor. Not a day went by that he polished his beautiful wardrobe, nor failed to stare at it for minutes on end.

More and more people would realize who they stood next to during the food offering. It was enjoyable, to feel that stillness in the air around him, every now and then one of the weaker demigods or one without reputation would freeze and takes steps back, as if he was some wild animal.

Then again, wasn't he?

Only a few weeks ago had the incident happened, she would surely remember it once she saw him. That was the last moment they had together, he could've bet his life that would be the first thing she would recall. He grinned as he looked into the fire, speaking to himself for a moment, just loud enough for those around him to hear. With a sudden decision to speak had his chest opened up, his cage rattling with a powerful voice deep within. He was strong spoken, his voice far from smooth, vibrating with every syllable. "No dessert for maiming? Oh Chiron...." He shook his head, dropping his plate as he turned around almost immediately, letting his shoulder send a child of Hermes to the ground as he trudged through the crowd, a manic grin upon his face like a mask. "I never liked sweets anyways."

With that would he begin marching towards his lonely cabin, no one with him. But that did not stop him from marching with pride, with strength. With might. He let his arms swing gently, fists balled as his calves flexed mightily with every step. Shrugging his shoulders and shaking his wrists violently, along with bouncing every now and then, would signify that he was more than ready to enjoy his battle today. For no wisdom of Athena could best him in the past year, nor no rage from Nemesis. No skill of the blade from Ares nor the sword from Hephaestus would halt the utter hatred that burned violently within the lone child. At that moment did he look towards the forest, in his own eyes imagining it to be lit aflame.

To him it was no different, if it was ignited or not. For though he was a son of Hercules, his passion would flow through every branch within those woods like a tidal wave.

Fawn knelt next to her friend, her eyes filled with concern. "Sibbi, hang in there, okay? We're going to get you a medic." Fawn whispered, rubbing her friend's back gently. She looked around, spotting the clinic, and stood up. Her feet carried her to the clinic before she even had the though to start sprinting.

Fawn burst through the door frantically and grabbed an Apollo kid, begging him to come with her and help Sibbi. The Apollo kid agreed and ran with Fawn back to Sibbi. The boy knelt and examined Sibbi quickly. "Can you walk?" He asked, getting ready to pick her up and carry her if need be.

Jin briefly noted that Nik was looking at her food, likely somewhat perplexed. Westerners always seemed to find Taiwanese food rather intriguing. Smiling wryly, she pushed one of the red bean buns toward him. "Do you want to try some? It's kind of like dessert."

Her face grew hot when Nik put his hand on her. The nerve of this boy! "Yes, well," she stammered, "you're touching me now, so I suppose it's-- it's fine." She scooted away slightly. "You're fine," she muttered, embarrassed. Irately, she finished the rest of her food, save the last bun that she left out in case Nik wanted to eat it. Chiron had just announced Capture the Flag. And, quite honestly, Nik had gotten her very flustered. Jin wanted to get out of here quickly. Maybe wait until everyone was running around for some flag-- killing and maiming?!-- and hide out in an empty cabin, curled up with a good book.

"All magical items? I don't have anything," Jin said frustratedly. She straightened up. "Do we have to participate in this game?" Jin didn't want to be here much longer-- at the mess hall, at the camp. There was no future for her here, she thought hopelessly. She was supposed to go to uni some day and study sociology or cardiology-- but instead, her intellectual growth would be stunted here, where kids swung swords around and were encouraged to attack each other and worship to the gods like they were in some kind of a cult. Oh, god, she wanted to be home. But if not home, then at least her cabin. She needed a break.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

"If you aren't injured, you have to play," Nik distractedly said to Jin, his attention was caught by a boy who was clad in armor. He couldn't hear what that armor ridden demigod had said to Chiron, but it visually made the centaur scowl.

Nik grew curious, he watched the boy leave the Pavilion before he brought his attention back to the table he stood near. His left hand began to tap rhythmically against his thigh. "Alright Jin, I'm gonna have to catch up with you later. Getting prepared seems like the smart idea here."

The young boy took off in the direction of the armory, it wasn't too far of a walk and it didn't seem as if many campers were there either. Although Nik had a sword and shield earlier that day, he kind of misplaced them. Looking back at it now, he could tell it was the wrong choice to make. Inside the armory were tons of shields, armor, and weaponry, but there were a lot of campers too. Nik pushed past the clumped masses of sweaty teenagers and made his way to find something of use.

"Shield," Nik muttered to himself as he picked up a shield, "check."

He went down the mental shopping list he had made, it was almost completed. He had shinguards, a chest piece, and a shield. Now all he needed was a sword. Nik searched the armory, most of everything was already taken. Except for a lonely bronze xiphos which looked like it had seen better days.

"It'll have to do," Nik groaned as he grabbed the swords hilt.

xenforo_design xenforo_design SynKast SynKast Black Jade Black Jade Hyydra Hyydra Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back