[CLOSED] Call From The Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythor229

Name: Call From The Deep

Game: D&D 5e, posting done on Discord

Player Info: 4-6 players, starting at 1st level, but level ups should be quick. The story ends at level 10, but I would be up for continuing the campaign all the way to level 20 if people were up for it.

Description: Pirates have recently been raiding coastal towns and villages more than usual, and the group of nobleman and woman of The Lord's Alliance have been stretched thin trying to stop the pirates. Nobody knows why there is a sudden increase in attacks, but you have heard a rumor that a mysterious object has crashed near the city of Gundarlun. King Olgrave Redaxe of Gungarluin, one of the heads of The Lord's Alliance, thinks it's connected somehow. None of the other heads pay him much mind though, thinking less of him since his city is stuck out on an island in the middle of the ocean instead of being on the Sword Coast like the rest of the cities. No army from The Lord's Alliance is available to check it out though, so Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter concedes to purchasing a ship and crew that's in charge of the investigation. This ship is named The Voyage, and you have been hired as adventurers who are tasked with looking into this mysterious crashed object.

Extra Information: Underneath the top layer of pirates and raiders is an alien story that takes inspiration from works like H.P. Lovecraft. Come if you're into sailing and ship battles, and come if you're into mysteries that reach into the realm of eldritch monsters.

You can be a part of The Voyage in a variety of ways, here are some examples that the book gives, but you are also free to come up with some of your own.
● The characters signed up for the expedition after Lord Neverember’s representatives dispersed fliers asking for volunteers.
● The characters are minor members of the Lord’s Alliance and, due to family connections, were drafted onto The Voyage to prove their worth and earn honour for their family.
● The characters are existing members of the crew of The Voyage. They are mostly mercenary sailors from Mintarn, but with a scattering of other races and ethnicities.
● The characters are members of the Order of the Gauntlet. They have been tasked with keeping the crew safe from pirates.
● The characters are messengers from Gundarlun who came to Neverwinter with news of the disturbance and are travelling back with The Voyage and her crew.
● The crew are members of the Zhentarim, and have been commanded by their superiors to check out this crash, and see if any treasure has been left behind.
● The characters committed a crime in Neverwinter, and are looking to flee the city.

There are some optional aquatic themed races and feats that the book provides, and if you can convince me on some of the races I'll let you use them. Optional Races: Merfolk, Sahuagin (Malenti & Sea Devil subraces), Sea Spawn, and Aldani.

I would greatly appreciate active people who can post fairly frequently, as I am a quick person myself. I wouldn't want a game that's held up for two weeks because someone couldn't post. :P
I also want fleshed out characters with backstories if you can, since this campaign easily makes time for side-quests and character arcs to be explored. Think of this as a grand campaign, with Call From The Deep just being a large story in it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Yes hi hello, I've love to play an extravagant Elven Pirate who got caught and imprisoned then pretty much offered a choice of become part of the crew of The Voyage or be hung for piracy if you'd have me.

Placing my mark here -- thinking of merfolk monk, not entirely settled on background yet, but thinking they're along to act as an expert on the local waters, or perhaps part of the crew of the ship, feeling a merfolk can act as goodluck for a journey.

heyo shade, I’m not sure what I’d wanna be background wise for this, most likely a pre-existing crew member of the ship most likely the navigator, I want to go with storm sorcerer and I’m not sure about a race.

Your promise of tentacle monsters has enticed me, consider me interested! Not sure what character I'd make yet, but I'd love to be the chef on the ship.

Love me a good pirate theme and have not had a chance to play one in DnD yet, so keen on this adventure! I can post frequently, though my time zone is a little our of sync with the discord (GMT+13)

I have a lot of character ideas sitting in the wings which could fit this, such as an Elven princess swarm ranger (wears a dress of butterflies) and a tabaxi lion glamour bard who'd both fit in as guests on the ship who get swept up in the adventure, or I could write something up for a crew member that fits the party from scratch if im in - keen to take a look at the optional races

If the spots haven't been filled yet I would love to join!
My character would depend on the party since I feel a lot more confident if the party has a good blend of magic and strength - I usually go for clerics, paladins or rogues. The sorta "safe" classes i guess 😅
I would love to play someone that is fresh into the adventuring and mercenary work: capable but hasn't seen what the 'real world' is like yet. If that's not possible, the messenger or a Zhentarim character sound very intriguing!
As for races I haven't decided yet - probably go with one of the PHB - human, half-elf or a dwarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back