• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[Closed] Burning Wheel

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
13EEEF96-3EBB-4436-8A68-D47023FD8DBC.pngForeword!
Burning Wheel is an award-winning fantasy roleplaying game in which players take on the roles of vibrant, dynamic characters whose very beliefs propel the story forward. Starting with a simple D6 dice pool mechanic, this game intuitively builds on its core concepts. The rules detail dramatic systems for task resolution, advancement, trials of belief, tests of nerve, searing social conflict, dangerous sorcery, miraculous faith, and brutal, gut-wrenching martial combat. Behind the dice, your decisions drive the game’s systems. Their choices tangibly affect every outcome—from glorious victory to ignominious defeat. But there are consequences to every decision, ramifications to every action. The choices you make close off one path, while opening another. This philosophy underpins the character creation system for Burning Wheel. And it’s not just a matter of pushing a point here, or nudging a number there: As soon as a player decides to make a character in Burning Wheel, he is confronted with decisions about the character’s past, ethics, beliefs, scars, goals and dreams. Questions whose answers affect not only the player’s character, but the shape of the story as a whole. Burning Wheel is presented in an easy-to-read writing style, with plenty of insight and advice from the designer. If you’re not careful, Burning Wheel will change the way you play roleplaying games.

B6D9DD19-87CC-4693-8392-FBCF5C1193D6.jpegSacrifice & Reward
This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, games. It’s intended for your character to be unique, dynamic, and drive her own story. It is a set of systems that requires time and attention. It is game that 100% you get what you put into it. And many times, more.

I won’t lie: this is a hell of a game. Heavy. Fiddly. Hard. But oh so satisfying.

Burning Wheel is the Swiss watch of RPGs. It puts the RP back into RPG.

The nature of the game makes it lengthy to teach in person. So, I have only posted it here one other time because it will require dedication.

Through it all, you will end up in a rich world we build together with a detailed character who fights for the things she believes in. And since it’s fantasy, there will be magic and monsters to boot.

And so, I ask you—nay beg you—to take on this game with me. I promise at least interesting things will happen. And maybe, just maybe, we will have some of the greatest PbP fun.

Last edited:
Ooh, I've read BW once or twice but not played it. Let me check on my current stable of active games and how burnt out I am when I leave the office, and I could be in.

hmmm, I have been looking for something more detailed and character driven. This might be it. I have never heard of the system though, but I' m willing to learn.

If Grey joins, we have what we need to play then. Don't want to go over 5 players, really. I think that will be a lot as-is.

Alas, that filled in record time. I've never played BW, but have wanted to try it for a while. Let me know if a spot opens up.

I just went through most of the rules and character creation stuff. It's complex, but I think I understand the basics now. What kind of setting were you thinking of?

I just went through most of the rules and character creation stuff. It's complex, but I think I understand the basics now. What kind of setting were you thinking of?
I’m not! That will be step 1 for us. We will “burn” a new setting together. And then you can make characters that fit in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back