• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (CLOSED) Bridgerton/Pride&Prejudice/Regency Era Roleplay {Knowledge of Show NOT required}

demonology

๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’š๐’•๐’‰.
โ€” LONDON JEWELS !
regency high society roleplay.
01. introduction.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ

Dear reader,

The time has come upon us to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Of course, there are some families less suitable, such as that of the Baron Middleton. However, others are doubly likely to be the belle of the ball. For this author, the widower, Viscount Herefordโ€™s family comes to mind, with the eldest being the one I bet all my money on. Though, her sister, [Role #2], is just as kind and darling. All the same, no one can predict whom the Queen might choose as the Jewel of the Season.

Beyond the gossip flittering amongst the ton, this seasonโ€™s suitors also seem to be causing a ruckus. For instance, the son of the Duke of York has already caused chaos before the seasonโ€™s official opening. Caught up in a scandal so early is surely an indicator of what fun drama is to come over the course of the next few months. Not to mention- the whispers about the Queen of Russia coming to visit with her eligible children has everyone a flutter, if this season didnโ€™t already.

As always, I will be watching,

โ„’๐’ถ๐’น๐“Ž ๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“๐‘’๐’น๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฃ๐“›;๐““๐“ก

Yes! That's right- a Bridgerton roleplay. If you've never seen the show, don't fret! It's 100% not a requirement, neither is any knowledge of Pride and Prejudice. However, having a little bit of familiarity with the Regency era might be helpful, though once more, not a requirement! All you need to understand is this:
- This is a period roleplay. The approx. time frame is the early 1800s. The roleplay will take place in 1813.
- High society at this time centered around the spring and summer months, which is where the majority of balls and other parties occurred. This was also the time where women and men of age began to be courted/courting.
- Therefore, this roleplay is centered on the season where several lovely ladies and men begin to pair up (though, there are some LGBTQ+ options! And even options to play the gentry!)
- However, the drama that occurs this season is going to be highly subject to Lady Whistledown's all-knowing gaze

02. faqs.
FAQ 01. Who is Lady Whistledown?
Within Bridgerton, Lady Whistledown is the writer of a gossip paper that everyone amongst the ton (AKA London high society) reads. She's simply being used in this RP to add some spice.​

FAQ 02. What is the year of this RP?
The year is 1813.​

FAQ 03. Who can I play?
The roles are listed before. All of them are bare-bones at this point, but I tried to add diversity and add options that allow for people's creativity to flow. However, this is just an interest check, so don't take anything as being set in stone. If you have suggestions, post em!​

FAQ 04. What about the suitors?
I know that in the roleplay community, a lot of people love playing women over men, especially in FxM relationships. However, I hope that we will have people to play the suitors in addition to the women. If not enough people express interest but there are a few people really interested, we can always double up. Think of this like a group 1x1 roleplay (if that makes sense).
FAQ 05. How does the pairings go?
When filling out the auditions, you will mark who you think would be the best match for your character, second best, third best, etc. If two people put down their first ideal match as each other's characters, then that's the match. However, if that is not the case, then you will go to your second ideal character match, then you're third, etc. until someone finds a match. I am willing to also let the list of potential matches also just be a soft guide. We're all adults here- we can sort out matches via plotting. If you're interested- feel free to leave me some feedback on this.​

03. roles.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผโ€™๐“ผ ๐“›๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #1
Eldest Daughter of the Viscount Hereford

The eldest, the most precious, and the one who was expected to do it all. Now, she's burned out. Terrified of failure, [Role #1] is simply hoping to make it through the season with her reputation intact.

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #2
Daughter of the Viscount Hereford

The youngest of Viscount Hereford's daughters afforded [Role #2] many liberties that her sister didn't get. Always running amuck, she brought life to the ghost-ridden household. Her father relied on her for much of his happiness after his wife passed. Because of this, [Role #2] got away with everything and anything, resulting in a girl who's last idea of fun is letting a bunch of boys flirt with her.

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #3
Daughter of the Baron Middleton

{A boisterous girl of a questionable reputation. Rumor has it she was pregnant, once upon a time, but many people have let the rumor blow over. She's known to get drunk at parties and to flirt shamelessly. Many believe her to be Mrs. Whistledown, however, because of her innumerable connections.}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #4
Princess of Russia

{Bio coming}

[TAKEN]

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #5
Princess of Russiaโ€™s Maid

As a maid, [Role #5] tends to fade into the background. However, coming to London has been her dream, and she's finally here. Though only for a bit.
{Will be played by a trans model; FC must follow this; However!- she does not have to be the only trans person within this roleplay. I just prefer to preset some diversity in order to encourage further diversity}

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผโ€™๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผ

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #1
Son of the Duke of York
Lord [Lastname]

{Entitled to the core. The last thing he wants to do is marry, but his mother has encouraged him to in order to carry on the bloodline.}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #2
Prince {Tsarevitch} of Russia

{Twin to the Princess of Russia; kind of an idiot}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #3
Baron Beauchamp
General

{Actually a female suitor disguised as a male one}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #4
Son of the Viscount Falkland
Lieutenant

{Best friend's with [Role #3]. He's a former blacksmith faking his titles}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #5
Knight
Sir [Lastname]

{The least respected person amongst the men. He's the most honorable, however, and he's known to duel (illegally) anyone who dares disrespect those he loves}

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ

Dear reader,

The time has come upon us to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Of course, there are some families less suitable, such as that of the Baron Middleton. However, others are doubly likely to be the belle of the ball. For this author, the widower, Viscount Herefordโ€™s family comes to mind, with the eldest being the one I bet all my money on. Though, her sister, [Role #2], is just as kind and darling. All the same, no one can predict whom the Queen might choose as the Jewel of the Season.

Beyond the gossip flittering amongst the ton, this seasonโ€™s suitors also seem to be causing a ruckus. For instance, the son of the Duke of York has already caused chaos before the seasonโ€™s official opening. Caught up in a scandal so early is surely an indicator of what fun drama is to come over the course of the next few months. Not to mention- the whispers about the Queen of Russia coming to visit with her eligible children has everyone a flutter, if this season didnโ€™t already.

As always, I will be watching,

โ„’๐’ถ๐’น๐“Ž ๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“๐‘’๐’น๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฃ๐“›;๐““๐“ก

Yes! That's right- a Bridgerton roleplay. If you've never seen the show, don't fret! It's 100% not a requirement, neither is any knowledge of Pride and Prejudice. However, having a little bit of familiarity with the Regency era might be helpful, though once more, not a requirement! All you need to understand is this:
- This is a period roleplay. The approx. time frame is the early 1800s. The roleplay will take place in 1813.
- High society at this time centered around the spring and summer months, which is where the majority of balls and other parties occurred. This was also the time where women and men of age began to be courted/courting.
- Therefore, this roleplay is centered on the season where several lovely ladies and men begin to pair up (though, there are some LGBTQ+ options! And even options to play the gentry!)
- However, the drama that occurs this season is going to be highly subject to Lady Whistledown's all-knowing gaze

Who is Lady Whistledown?
Within Bridgerton, Lady Whistledown is the writer of a gossip paper that everyone amongst the ton (AKA London high society) reads. She's simply being used in this RP to add some spice.

FAQ 02. What is the year of this RP?
The year is 1813.

FAQ 03. Who can I play?
The roles are listed before. All of them are bare-bones at this point, but I tried to add diversity and add options that allow for people's creativity to flow. However, this is just an interest check, so don't take anything as being set in stone. If you have suggestions, post em!

FAQ 04. What about the suitors?
I know that in the roleplay community, a lot of people love playing women over men, especially in FxM relationships. However, I hope that we will have people to play the suitors in addition to the women. If not enough people express interest but there are a few people really interested, we can always double up. Think of this like a group 1x1 roleplay (if that makes sense).

FAQ 05. How does the pairings go?
When filling out the auditions, you will mark who you think would be the best match for your character, second best, third best, etc. If two people put down their first ideal match as each other's characters, then that's the match. However, if that is not the case, then you will go to your second ideal character match, then you're third, etc. until someone finds a match. I am willing to also let the list of potential matches also just be a soft guide. We're all adults here- we can sort out matches via plotting. If you're interested- feel free to leave me some feedback on this.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผโ€™๐“ผ ๐“›๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #1
Eldest Daughter of the Viscount Hereford

The eldest, the most precious, and the one who was expected to do it all. Now, she's burned out. Terrified of failure, [Role #1] is simply hoping to make it through the season with her reputation intact.

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #2
Daughter of the Viscount Hereford

The youngest of Viscount Hereford's daughters afforded [Role #2] many liberties that her sister didn't get. Always running amuck, she brought life to the ghost-ridden household. Her father relied on her for much of his happiness after his wife passed. Because of this, [Role #2] got away with everything and anything, resulting in a girl who's last idea of fun is letting a bunch of boys flirt with her.

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #3
Daughter of the Baron Middleton

{A boisterous girl of a questionable reputation. Rumor has it she was pregnant, once upon a time, but many people have let the rumor blow over. She's known to get drunk at parties and to flirt shamelessly. Many believe her to be Mrs. Whistledown, however, because of her innumerable connections.}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #4
Princess of Russia

{Bio coming}

[TAKEN]

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #5
Princess of Russiaโ€™s Maid

As a maid, [Role #5] tends to fade into the background. However, coming to London has been her dream, and she's finally here. Though only for a bit.
{Will be played by a trans model; FC must follow this; However!- she does not have to be the only trans person within this roleplay. I just prefer to preset some diversity in order to encourage further diversity}

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ผโ€™๐“ผ ๐“ข๐“พ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ผ

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #1
Son of the Duke of York
Lord [Lastname]

{Entitled to the core. The last thing he wants to do is marry, but his mother has encouraged him to in order to carry on the bloodline.}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #2
Prince {Tsarevitch} of Russia

{Twin to the Princess of Russia; kind of an idiot}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #3
Baron Beauchamp
General

{Actually a female suitor disguised as a male one}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #4
Son of the Viscount Falkland
Lieutenant

{Best friend's with [Role #3]. He's a former blacksmith faking his titles}

โ„›๐‘œ๐“๐‘’ #5
Knight
Sir [Lastname]

{The least respected person amongst the men. He's the most honorable, however, and he's known to duel (illegally) anyone who dares disrespect those he loves}

Last edited:
I normally hattttte shows based in this era but bridgerton has me obsessssssed atm. So why not broaden my writing? Iโ€™m keen as friggen beans

potentially interested.
i'm not sure how accurate the portrayal of this era is required to be considering it's not
a requirement to be familiar with, well, anything. so if it's alright, can i ask you a question?
i definitely have a ton for you because i love the series and this era in general. cx

demonology demonology

for those moments where, let's say, something happens that is unheard of / innapropriate /
deemed as risque or otherwise just bad manners during this time, are we meant to stick
with the normal responses of this era or... tailor our interactions to suit the writers knowledge?

does that make sense? how do we handle these moments?

2. is everything strictly f x m in regards for the pairings? i know that's typically how it was but i'm
asking since there is a ton of diversity within this. considering there is a male suitor whom is ac
tually a a woman, i'm guessing that you're sticking by the general distaste / abhorrence in regards
to homosexuality in this? and if there are couples as such, are they meant to live in secret and
then still abide by the general heteronormative rules of society? sort of like granville and his wife?

3. if none of the roles suit us or we think there's something better suited for us, would you
prefer we send you character archetypes through pms or public like this?

4. are we allowed to have two characters? like one suitor and one eligible lady? or are we
limited to one? i'm assuming that filling the ( f ) roles won't be an issue, either way. :ghostuvu:
but i still would like to know, haha.

i have more questions but i won't bombard you so i'll end it here. thank you !!!

also weldherwings weldherwings hi! looks like we might be writing together again? looking forward to it!

Last edited:
potentially interested.
i'm not sure how accurate the portrayal of this era is required to be considering it's not
a requirement to be familiar with, well, anything. so if it's alright, can i ask you a question?
i definitely have a ton for you because i love the series and this era in general. cx

demonology demonology

for those moments where, let's say, something happens that is unheard of / innapropriate /
deemed as risque or otherwise just bad manners during this time, are we meant to stick
with the normal responses of this era or... tailor our interactions to suit the writers knowledge?

does that make sense? how do we handle these moments?

2. is everything strictly f x m in regards for the pairings? i know that's typically how it was but i'm
asking since there is a ton of diversity within this. considering there is a male suitor whom is ac
tually a a woman, i'm guessing that you're sticking by the general distaste / abhorrence in regards
to homosexuality in this? and if there are couples as such, are they meant to live in secret and
then still abide by the general heteronormative rules of society? sort of like granville and his wife?

3. if none of the roles suit us or we think there's something better suited for us, would you
prefer we send you character archetypes through pms or public like this?

4. are we allowed to have two characters? like one suitor and one eligible lady? or are we
limited to one? i'm assuming that filling the ( f ) roles won't be an issue, either way. :ghostuvu:
but i still would like to know, haha.

i have more questions but i won't bombard you so i'll end it here. thank you !!!

also weldherwings weldherwings hi! looks like we might be writing together again? looking forward to it!

ah! thank you for all your questions. They help me a ton.

1. For risque moments, depending on your character's personality, they would probably respond with distaste. If your character is more inclined to say "fuck you!" to society, then perhaps they wouldn't care very much. However, that would be going against the norm. So TLDR- yes. the general rule of thumb would be to have your character react to risque moments as people of the early 19th century would.

2. Nothing is strictly f x m. I would hate to limit people's freedom like that. Plus- I think it's ten times more interesting to defy the rules of this made up society. I didn't expect so many people to be interested in this group idea, so I hadn't written as many characters as I obviously should have. There will obviously be people your character(s) interact with that are courters or that your character is courting. This is simply because the time period dictated that men and women should marry in order to 1. carry on the bloodline and 2. for economic and status purposes. However, I don't want to write off same-sex pairings as being "abhorrent" simply because that feels cheap and simply overdone. Let's get real- gay people have been forced to be in the closet for centuries. Let's not continue that (just as a lil queer gal myself... it's a bit annoying).

Therefore, one thing that will wholly differ from the show and the time period in general is how society handles homosexuality/queer people. I think that the attitude people would have would be more so like what we saw in the early 2000s. People were accepting of queer people, but only to a certain extent. I'd like to believe that the majority of families in this AU would be accepting of their children, though perhaps would encourage them to not be as blatant about it. Essentially- "Be gay but don't be too public about it." This means that gay marriage would not be legal, though people would not necessarily be seen as being mentally ill or consumed by the devil for being gay. I know that's a terribly long answer, but I'm trying to illustrate a middle ground between the 1810s and its attitude on homosexuality and current day perception of homosexuality.

3. Given I did not anticipate so many people showing interest, I am 100% open to character suggestions. I made pre-mades simply to get people interested and to insure that some characters didn't overlap in a small group of people (I was hoping to max get ten people to audition tehehee). However, if anyone has any character archetypes/specific character in mind that they'd like to explore, please PM them to me and I'll consider them. More than likely they'll end up being approved because I'm not a stickler. I just want to make sure we don't have two of the same "type" of character, ya feel?

4. More than one character is allowed. Just please ensure that at least one of them is a character that you have suggested. I say this because I don't want someone to take two of the pre-mades when someone else might only want to play one character, and the character they would like to play is already taken.

and feel free to send more questions! I'll be sure to include most of them in the final mockup of the group.

btw is this first come first serve? or just the best application gets the role?

alright, so.

this is the exact reason why i've asked and i think these things should be specified because otherwise, the entire tone surrounding a multitude of themes in regards to this era gets really fussy. i'm queer also and so i heavily gravitate to the opportunity to be sexually open in all ways, especially in regards to my writing but between the roles being written as mainly f x m ( where the only f in the suitor category is pretending to be male ) i wasn't sure whether you were going with something more open or sticking to the basis of how things were back then. either or would've been fine for me but thank you for clarifying! i appreciate it!

as for character archetypes, i get that entirely! i think it makes the most sense to only have one pre-made ( unless lacking before we start ) along with a custom role! i'm still not sure what i personally want to do but i'll let you know.

btw is this first come first serve? or just the best application gets the role?

best application gets the role for all premades (there will be more coming for both genders dw) but character suggestions, if approved, are solely for the person who suggested it. I figure this way people who like some inspo can have a fair shot at whatever character got them the most inspired but people who already have ideas in mind get to see their ideas come to fruition.

alright, so.

this is the exact reason why i've asked and i think these things should be specified because otherwise, the entire tone surrounding a multitude of themes in regards to this era gets really fussy. i'm queer also and so i heavily gravitate to the opportunity to be sexually open in all ways, especially in regards to my writing but between the roles being written as mainly f x m ( where the only f in the suitor category is pretending to be male ) i wasn't sure whether you were going with something more open or sticking to the basis of how things were back then. either or would've been fine for me but thank you for clarifying! i appreciate it!

as for character archetypes, i get that entirely! i think it makes the most sense to only have one pre-made ( unless lacking before we start ) along with a custom role! i'm still not sure what i personally want to do but i'll let you know.

Oh yay! Iโ€™m glad that all made some sense. And pls lemme know (:

best application gets the role for all premises (there will be more coming for both genders dw) but character suggestions, if approved, are solely for the person who suggested it. I figure this way people who like some inspo can have a fair shot at whatever character got them the most inspired but people who already have ideas in mind get to see their ideas come to fruition.

Oh yay! Iโ€™m glad that all made some sense. And pls lemme know (:
okay cool~ when it gets more finalized i'll probably be dming some ideas for role ideas (if i can come up with any good ones XD)

I would love to join!!! Sign me up haha! ๐Ÿ’—

when will a CS be out? (Very eager if you canโ€™t tell hahaha...forgive me)

I would love to join!!! Sign me up haha! ๐Ÿ’—

when will a CS be out? (Very eager if you canโ€™t tell hahaha...forgive me)
Tehehe yay! I'm hoping to have a CS out by midnight EST but no promises! I have errands to run today and I still need to finalize a few things. At the very worst- expect one by the end of the weekend.

Awesome! Thanks so much!! Also when the CS goes out, will there be a deadline?
Ah yes there will be a deadline. I'm going to make it approximately a week and a half from the opening date, with extensions 100% possible (:

about the twin roles - what if there are two suitable characters but their looks are very different as in different ethnicities and such? Is that okay?

about the twin roles - what if there are two suitable characters but their looks are very different as in different ethnicities and such? Is that okay?
hi there! I have found face claim suggestions for every pre-made character, including the twins. With the face claim suggestions, I included the fc's ethnicity and race. Therefore, the twins have somewhat similar ethnicities and races. Currently for the Prince of Russia, I have Kristof Pituk as the suggested face claim (the Princess' face claim is Vita Mir if you wanted to see their similarities). Pituk is Hungarian while Mir is Russian and Afghanistanian, but you vaguely get that their ethnicities should be from that region (i.e. eastern Europe/Russia). I'm also playing the Princess so the Vita Mir as the FC is set in stone, meaning anyone who plays the Prince will have a set FC for the Princess to base theirs off of. Though they're twins, they obviously don't have to look the exact same because that's a little hard, but I tried to give anyone interested in that role (or any role with a corresponding sibling since there are also the Daughters of Viscount Hereford) a way to pick FCs, if the suggested isn't of interest to them, that would look at least ethnically similar. Sorry that this is a terribly long response! I just wanted to give you a full explanation (and for anyone else interested). I'm almost done with the final draft of this rp, so you'll see a better example of what I just explained tomorrow (just in case that made very little sense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back