Game: Blades in the Dark
link to the SRD: Greetings, Scoundrel | Blades in the Dark RPG

Player Count: 2 - 4

Description: From the first page of the rulebook:

"Blades in the Dark is a game about a group of daring scoundrels building a
criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There
are heists, chases, escapes, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, deceptions,
betrayals, victories, and deaths.
We play to find out if the fledgling crew can thrive amidst the teeming threats of
rival gangs, powerful noble families, vengeful ghosts, the Bluecoats of the City
Watch, and the siren song of the scoundrels’ own vices."

In other words, you form a crew participating in illegal activities (such as assassination, thieving, etc.) and we play to find out what happens next. The game will be mostly freeflow from the moment of character/crew creation.

Character Creation: Follow the steps in the SRD, or we can work things out in the Out of Character thread.
There is a fillable google sheet if you wish to use it: Kopie van Blades In The Dark Sheets v8
(remember to copy to your drive first and fill in the appropriate class page)

House Rules/Game Style: Blades in the Dark is a game in which we both figure out together what sort of stuff you want to do. Expect a lot of questions being asked Out of Character in regards to your character's actions. I still have the final say as a GM just to keep things moving. Don't be afraid to ask me lots of question too!

Other: Remember, even though your characters are criminals you still work together in the end.

Attachments

• blades_cover-683x1024.jpg
    blades_cover-683x1024.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm interested as well -- just probably gonna have a lot of questions before getting started to try and figure out character stuff and gameplay. Seems interesting though.

Golly, an all-crime game sure has me interested too.

I'll flip through the rules to see how complex this system is. If it's too much, I'll say so, but I think, odds are, I'm probably going to want to be in this game.

All right, I also got a message from ramonlimon2 that he wants to join. Didn't expect this kind of enthusiasm! Guess I can consider the application closed now.

Users who are viewing this thread