[Closed][Ars Magica] Reliquiae de Damnatis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbles

Title: Reliquiae de Damnatis
Game: 5E Ars Magica
Player Count: 3-6

Description: Ars Magica. Arguably the holder of the best magic system of any TTRPG. It's a nuts-and-bolts system, completely free form. I like to call it magical legos, because it really is totally free. Any ideas or concepts you may have, can be done within this world.

Ars Magica takes place in medieval times, commonly the 1200s in Europe. Magic has existed since the dawn of time, and so has many other things. All myths, legends, tales, and religions are true, no matter how they are actually explained. Either through pagan deities actually being power faerie, or that divine and infernal beings truly exist.

This game is for the history nerds, it's for the people who love reading and delving into the riches of the world. The beauty of the game is that our real life history is exactly the same. Wherever you may find yourself in the game, you may research the area through real life history books. Ars Magica is a not a very well-known system, but I am 100% willing to teach any and anyone the system.

Character Creation: We will be starting out as freshly gauntleted magi with base experience for apprenticeship at young ages. Character creation can be a tad confusing, so any and all questions should be directed to me
House rules/Game style: These are the house rules Houserules and this is the core book 5E Core book.pdf both are necessary to read to play
The gameplay will vary depending on how our prologue session plays out. Either it will be a game full of intrigue and politics, or a grand and epic tale, centered around mysteries and battles
Other: I'm intending on running a lot of the sessions over discord. If you're interested in living out your fantasies of becoming a magi, then shoot me a DM over discord after posting here so I can fuel your interest further. Discord: Marbles#8206

Last edited:
After taking a look through the core book last night, this system isn't for me. There's way too much information to learn and absorb while I'm already playing several other games with other systems. The concept seems cool and I love the idea of the setting, but I've got too much going on to get through that book and keep up with everything else. Best of luck filling your party though. Let me know when you have everyone and I'll set up your ooc channel in the Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread