• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [CLOSED] Arranged marriage between different species - FxM RP idea

LavaPhoenix

a.k.a. hot volcano chick
I'm craving a RP about an arranged marriage between different species and I know you are craving it too! But first, be sure to read my info for RP partners:

- I usually reply with 2-4 paragraphs, but when the story needs more background I will probably write more than that.
- English is not my first language , but I strive to be as literate as possible, so I expect my roleplay partner to at least give it a try as well. Grammar shouldn't be an obstacle to creativity.
- No one-liners or 1st person roleplays, please.
- I RP in past tense.
- My time zone is CET and sometimes I can be a little slow at replying, but I'll try to reply at least once or twice a week.
- OCC talk is fundamental, to share ideas and truly build the RP together, a RP is more exctinging when it's enriched by the creativity of all of its participants.
- I'm okay with RPing darker themes and I would prefer my RP partner to be okay with that too.
- RPing on Discord makes it easier for me to keep track of stuff, but I can RP through PMs too.

So here's the idea I have in mind!

The countries of Kysolia and Taradon are struggling to recover from the Great Bloodshed. Such is the name that has been given to the war in which the Kysonians and the Taradonians - two different species - have fought against each other. The war went on for many years and two generations of soldiers have met death in it. When eventually Nakara, the Kysonian capital, was seized by the Taradonians, there was no real winner, because when so many lives are lost, no one ever wins. The war came to an end and a Taradonian king sat on the throne of Nakara, to rule over Kysonia. The Kysonians have lost the war and have no choice but to accept an enemy as their ruler. Inevitably, the Taradonian king is loathed by his subjects and people protest against the decisions of the Palace. That is why, when the time comes for the Taradonian prince (my character) to take a wife, a young woman from a noble Kysonian family (your character) is chosen for him. It is an arranged marriage that holds great meaning, as it is a marriage between species that despise each other, but within it lays the hope of a better future for the two species. The prince will immediately like your character, given his position, he has no reason to hold a grudge against the Kysonians, so all he sees is that he gets to have a beautiful wife. But your character nourishes a deep hatred towards the Taradonians, who have slaughtered so many of her people to steal the throne of her beloved country, so her relationship with the prince won't be an easy one. There will be love, eventually, but at first your character will keep seeing her husband as the enemy. So their relationship has to evolve through time.

I left unsaid which species they belong to, so that we can discuss that together. This is just a random idea that can be worked on and deepened throughout the RP.

PM me if you are interested! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back