• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Closed) A Sinnoh Adventure Sign-Ups/OOC

_Graphite_

Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes.
1: All Rp nation rules apply
2. Please be active.
3. I am not a stickler for post length, but try to at least reply with a few sentences.
4. Romance between characters is allowed, but keep it mildly pg-13 at most.
5. Your character may be the child of a gym leader/champion. Though this does not mean that they are some extremely gifted trainer. (In other words no power play or god modding)
6. Pokemon from all generations are allowed on your characters team.
7. Your character will start off with a single Pokemon in its starting form.
8. New Pokemon added to your characters team will start off in their first form; though exceptions will be made depending on how late they are caught in the story.
9. Mega Evolution and Z-moves can be used once per battle though a mega evolved pokemon cannot use a Z-move and vice versa.
10. Lastly your character may have one Legendary that originated from the Sinnoh Region (No Duplicates)
Name:
Role: Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, etc.
Looks: Image (preferred) or Description
Family: optional
Home Region:
Personality: Please try to refrain from making your character too edgy
Goal:
Rival: Optional
Sexuality:
Crush: optional
Pokemon Team
STARTER
Species: (name or picture)
Nickname: Optional
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:
Other: List any accessories or any notable features your Pokemon may have

FUTURE TEAM
(Please fill out one for each of your characters Pokemon. Up to 6 including your starter Pokemons final form)
Species:
Type:
Mega Ability: If Available
Move Set:
Z-Move: if available
Other:

Name: Johnathan "John" Ashford
Role: Trainer
Looks:
80765fbc0eb50a30523aee7fc502a0c6--anime-boy-kawaii-anime-boys-cute.jpg
Family:
Father- Aiden Ashford (deceased)
Mother- Cynthia
Home Region: Sinnoh, Celestic Town
Personality:
"What good is a star that has lost its light? How can I destroy my weakness? 'Cause I want to be stronger. I need to keep them all safe, but I lack the power."
Being the child of Sinnoh's very own Champion, John strives to be just like Cynthia. Despite his best efforts he has failed to display any sign of prodigious skill, with many considering his talents to be vastly inferior to his mothers natural abilities. It is because of this that John believes that he will forever live in his mother's shadow. Of course that is not to say that he holds any ill feelings towards her; he greatly loves and holds the utmost respect for her. Due to the views of himself and the views that others hold of him, John has developed a somewhat shy and introverted personality. He finds it difficult to converse with other people which leaves him to come off as brusque to those he first meets. He is struggling to discover his true self, and is unable to properly articulate his feelings. Though when one gets to know the true John they will quickly learn that he is steadfastly loyal, gentle, thoughtful, and extremely stubborn once he sets out to accomplish something. In fact he is more than willing to come to the aid of anyone who should ask him for his help regardless of the risks. He greatly values his friends and Pokémon and considers himself lucky to have them as a part of his life. Much like Cynthia, John is greatly interested in Pokémon mythology and is most conversant when discussing said topic. He also has a habit of rapid-firing apologies if he does something to upset another, a trait Cynthia says he and his father share.
Rival: Open
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Crush: Open
Pokemon Team:
Species: Ralts (Shiny)
Nickname: Belladonna
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Item: Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Move Set: Confusion, Disarming Voice, Growl, and Double Team
Other: She wears a pendant fit with her Gardevoirite
Species: Gardevoir (Shiny)
Nickname: Belladonna
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Mega Ability: Pixelate
Held Item: Gardevoirite
Move Set: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt and Hypnosis

Species: Alolan Ninetales
Nickname: Kainé
Type: Ice/Fairy
Ability: Snow Warning
Move Set: Freeze-Dry, Moonblast, Extrasensory and Aurora Veil

Species: Tyranitar
Nickname: Malachite
Type: Ground/Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream
Held Item: Tyranitarite
Move Set: Crunch, Fire Fang, Earthquake, and Dragon Dance

Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Mehrune
Type: Dragon/Ground
Ability: Rough Skin
Mega Ability: Sand Force
Held Item: Garchompite
Move Set: Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Earthquake, and Outrage

Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Luna
Type: Dark
Move Set: Foul Play, Shadow Ball, Toxic, and Moonlight

Species: Giratina
Type: Ghost/Dragon
Alternate Form Ability: Pressure
Origin Form Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Griseous Orb
Moveset: Shadow Force, Outrage, Flamethrower and Will-O-Wisp
Other:
Battle theme- Kaine Escape Instrumental
When using Giratina- The Four Rings

Last edited:
MONA ARKWRIGHT
640E249B-D30F-46E0-B0B4-035354A39D75.jpeg

Name
Mona Arkwright

Role
Pokemon Coordinator

Looks
Image Above

Family
Mother- Danica Arkwright- A Scientist Employed by Professor Sycamore
Father- Antares Arkwright- Anchorman
Older Cousin- Cyrus (*Insert surname here cause I’m not sure he has one*)- Leader of Team Galatic

Home Region
Kalos
Specifically Lumiose City

Personality
Upon first meeting her, Mona is an eccentric and energetic individual. She seems to be a flamboyant, dramatic, optimistic, stubborn, and a slightly overconfident individual who is always prepared to prove who is the best.

However, this is a facade. Specifically, Mona does act like this in order to attempt to overcompensate for her own shyness and insecurity which she has suffered with since she was younger, having always gotten along better with Pokémon compared to people and seeing herself as nothing special. However, inspired by her older cousin’s achievements, she has become to determined to achieve her own dreams in his home region Sinnoh as well as find him after he disappeared. Yet her insecurity and shyness remained, so she created this facade in order to have a mask to hide behind and be able to seen as something more then she truly is.

Though she does have her moment of shyness. Mona in general is a lonely individual and, not having much of an idea of how to approach others due to her shyness, relies heavily on this facade of her’s in hopes of making people like her or at least attract their attention. But when that fails… she really doesn’t know what to do. At the same time, compliments can easily crack this mask, the smallest of flattery able to reduce Mona into a stammering flustered mess as much as she hates to admit it. She also still suffers from bursts of stage fright and nervousness in general though she has been trying to ignore her stage fright in order to prepare herself to perform, leading her to further overcompensate.

Despite that, she is a deeply caring especially when it comes to her Pokemon and those she trusts and passion individual as well as quite creative as seen in her performances. Should you obtain her trust, you will have an ally who do everything in her power to ensure you are okay. Which has driven her to use her search to also find her cousin who had randomly cut contact with her famjly

Goal
-To get into Sinnoh's Grand Festival
-To find her older cousin

Rival
TO BE DECIDED

Sexuality
Questioning

Crush
TO BE DECIDED

Battle Theme
“Blackhole Blitz”- Gooseworx

BOLT
Species
Magnemite

Type
Electric/Steel

Item
Air Balloon
Ability
Sturdy

Move Set
•Thunder Shock
•Supersonic
•Gyro Ball
•Electro Ball

Other
•Bolt is a shiny
•The air balloon is wrapped around their body with the Magnemite being quite protective of it

BOLT
Species
Magnezone

Type
Electric Steel

Item
Air Balloon

Ability
Sturdy

Move Set
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Mirror Coat
Magnet Rise

Other
•They are still a shiny
•They wear the balloon on the yellow antennae on top of its head

MELODY
Species
Altaria

Type
Dragon/Flying
Dragon/Fairy when Mega-evolved

Item
Altarianite

Ability
Natural Cure
Pixilate when Mega Evolved

Move Set
Moon Blast
Dragon Pulse
Sing
Sky Attack

Other
•She wears the Altarianite on a white collar

NAME HERE
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:

NAME HERE
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:

NAME HERE
Type:
Ability:
Move Set:

LUNA
Species
Cresscelia

Type
Psychic

Item

Ability

Levitate

Move Set:

Last edited:
Evelyn 'Eve' Lawrence
eve ref.jpg

Name: Evelyn 'Eve' Lawrence

Role: Wannabe-Researcher

Looks: Pinkish-brown hair, brown eyes( despite pic being blue), red-framed glasses. Dresses practical for the weather or environment, sticking to earthy colours.

Family:
Mother - Amelia Lawrence (Maiden name Amelia Elm)
Father – Gareth Lawrence
Uncle – Professor Elm

Home Region: Johto, Ecruteak City

Personality:
Evelyn is an upbeat go-getter, eager to learn and desperate for validation from those around her. Evelyn likes to get her hands dirty and is no stranger to getting her eyebrows burnt off in the pursuit of knowledge. Despite being a disappointment to her mother (who had wished for a princess-style coordinator daughter) Eve is hoping to make her parents proud with a breakthrough in Pokémon-human communication. She has currently travelled to Sinnoh to gain more experience as a 'trainer' before asking her uncle to work at the New Bark Town laboratory.

Goal: To study communication between Pokémon and humans.

Rival: Open

Sexuality: Questioning

Species: Elekid
Nickname: Jolt
Type: Electric
Item: eviolite
Ability: Static
Move Set: Thundershock, feint, swift, thunderwave
Other: The eviolite looks like a bracelet made of pebbles.

(Anything I need to change just let me know.)

Last edited:
Name: Elliot Rex
Role: coordinator/performer
Looks:
She's 5'5 and always carries a small sketchbook and a case containing her violin.
E2EE5bWVoAER61T.jpeg
Family: TBA
Home Region: Sinnoh, Snowpoint
Personality: Gentle and ambitious, Elliot try her best to reach her dream while making as many people as possible happy, spreading happiness is the duty of a performer afterall! She can be kinda airheaded and forgetful.
Goal: The journey itself is the goal
Rival: -
Sexuality: bisexual
Crush: -

STARTER
Species: Chatot
Nickname: Pippin
Type: normal/flying
Item: blackglasses
Ability: keen eye
Move Set: chatter, boom burst, taunt, swagger
Other: he only use the black glasses when he becomes serious, which doesn't do much ofher than makes him looks cool.

Accepted! Just going to wait for one more person and Stitches, no rush by the way, before I make the RP thread.

I just noticed that! I have to say that I'm loving everyone's characters. So far it looks like Elliot and Mona might be contest rivals; while Evelyn and John are going to be the "nerds" of the group haha! Well one more person and then we'll get this show on the road!

Yup! I really love the look of this cast so far! Here’s to hoping we get that other person soon! Though I’m wondering, so we’re sticking to have 5 main characters correct?

I should've clarified that better. If any of you can handle multiple characters go right ahead! That limit refers to the total number of of rpers. I learned from my past threads thatif there's too many people then you could be stuck waiting for posts.

Oh good point! Sorry my mind was wandering a bit but yeah that is a good idea! I may stick with one since I don’t think I am in the place to handle two at the moment but I am quite excited to see how this cast interacts

I'm really interested to how everyone will interact with John. Being the reserved guy he is it's going to be hilarious to see him surrounded by so many up-beat girls!

I should've clarified that better. If any of you can handle multiple characters go right ahead! That limit refers to the total number of of rpers. I learned from my past threads thatif there's too many people then you could be stuck waiting for posts.
Nice to know, I usually only play one at a time but I would like to occasionally rotate my characters.

It's entirely up to you two! And you don't need to feel obligated to make another character to even out the genders! If the genders come out heavily one sided then oh wells.

unknown.png
Name:
Lucas Delarosa
Role: Amateur Photographer and Contest Coordinator
Looks: A short teen, with scruffy mid-length light-brown hair, freckles and a soft rounded face. His eyes are a bright blue, and his ears stick out a little more than normal. He's fairly scrawny but otherwise pretty average in appearance. He's always seen wearing one or more beaded bracelets upon his left wrist and often his small digital camera around his neck.

Family: Calissa Delarosa (Mother, Jubilife TV Contest Reporter), Samuel Delarosa (Father, Jubilife TV Newscaster), Older Cousin (name TBD - Contest Coordinator)
Home Region: Sinnoh, Jubilife City
Personality: Lucas has always been a bit of a independent, softhearted, but lonely kid - growing up in the busy city without many friends and with his parents often busy with their work for Jubilife TV (they were caring but rarely around). Lucas got used to being shushed and dismissed told to just sit quietly with his Pokémon and watch as the recordings and broadcasts were happening; as well as got teased often by other kids his age because of his size - As a result he's not really the best standing up or speaking up for himself.

Lucas' main hobby is photography being a bit of a shutterbug specially taking photos of battles and contests, but also of interesting wild Pokémon - He also enjoys inline skating, and frequently can be seen on them just getting around, or just goofing around on them on them.

Sexuality: Gay

Goal: To capture photos and video of Legendary Pokémon.

Species: Riolu
Nickname: Rose
Type: Fighting
Ability: Inner focus
Nature: Calm
Move Set: Quick Attack, Metal Claw, Endure, Ice Punch
Other: A beaded-bracelet matching Lucas' upon her right wrist, and often wears a local flower it picked over its ear.

Species: Lucario
Type: Fighting / Steel
Ability: Inner focus
Move Set: Aura Sphere, Ice Punch, Heal Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Species: Floatzel
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Move Set: Ice Fang, Rain Dance, [TBD]

[TBD]

[TBD]

[TBD]

[TBD]

No legendries currently in mind.

Last edited:
Is the plan for the group as a whole to meet up at the Professors place in Sandgem?

Well my first post is mostly to just kick things off so really it can go one of two ways our characters can meet in or around Sandgem Town -> everyone goes with john to the professors for a little lore dump and if characters have any buisness with the professor they can take care of it -> then they can head off together or we can just skip the little lore dump and just have our characters meet somewhere in Sandgem town where they all decide to travel together and they head out from there. What do you all think would be best?

Personally I was thinking of sticking Lucas on Route 201 taking pictures of some wild Starleys or such, then meet up with John. Brief chat and join him heading to town?

But if people would prefer we all meet up in mass at town I can work with that too!

I prefer to start the story with a hook, lore dump can go later. So I suggest we blast some team galactic.

Personally I believe it's a little too soon for Team Galactic to appear, but it would definitely make for a dramatic impromptu team up for everyone. Of course it's up to everyone also!

I wrote up a response, and it definitely looked long until I posted it :'D Whoops. I'm not bothered which way we go. I

I do think that perhaps having our characters meet up first may be for the best especially considering our group literally just have their starter Pokemon. Maybe we can explore something happens with the wild Pokemon in the area?

I also will try to write a starter as soon as I can! Just need a small moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back