• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Closed] A nation in havoc

Samuel slid between Nia and Cass. "I'm pretty sure it's because we're hiking across the country through a natural disaster zone with various terrorists who want her dead. Or maybe just because it's a Monday." A sideways glance at Cass. "Of course, if you've found a reason that this morning doesn't suck, I'd love to hear it."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine Uasal Uasal
(Starting a new page mid-conversation feels like some kind of omen)

Cassander gave a slight huff at Samuel's words. Was it Monday? He wasn't sure, though he wasn't about to ponder over it heavily. He didn't think it particularly mattered anymore. However, he did consider Samuel's last words, gaze dropping as he thought. "Well..." He paused, giving a shrug. "We are all still alive, aren't we? Considering yesterday's events, I would definitely count that as a significant plus." He gave a slightly sheepish expression, running a hand through his hair. "Though perhaps the obvious 'we have our health' is not the positive you were looking for."

Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Dan looked to the ash ridden sky and thought that flight would be even worse for Ru's breathing, but he smiled nonetheless. Flight, one thing Mortals were incapable of. "If Mortals could fly..." He mused under his breath. "I am nineteen years of age as of last month. I realize it's impolite to ask but, might I inquire as to what your age is?"
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru almost stopped in her tracks. Her brows rose, and she looked back at him with astonishment in her eyes. "I'm -" She gave a sharp cough into the crook of her elbow. "I'm older than you! Not by that much, I mean, I've had only twenty summers, but still!" There was a bit of delight to be found in her features, as if the idea of being even slightly older than Dan was amusing to the point of joy. She flushed, her gaze dropping, though she didn't lose her light bearing.

"Not that you don't look young - it's just...you know, you have a certain...maturity about you. I'm just surprised. You know - the whole," She squared her shoulders and stood as if she attempting to look taller. She held her hand out as if she were brandishing an invisible firearm. "Welcome to life, kid." She lowered her voice in her best Dan impression, which admittedly, wasn't very good.

She flushed further, briefly hiding her face behind her hands, embarrassed. "I sincerely apologize. I am not an accomplished impressionist."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan laughed a near uproarious laugh. "No, no, actually I think you've got my likeness down perfectly. I suppose I can be a bit intense. Though it has seemingly made me the king of oneliners. 'Today is good day to die, if it were Opposite Day!'" Dan laughed harder. "My sincere apologies this time! I get a kick out of those for some odd reason."
Rhaine Rhaine

Ru was rosy under Dan's laughter. She was still embarrassed from her botched impression, but pleased all the same. "No apology is needed. I find it quite engaging, actually." Her voice carried almost a quiet quality though she remained perfectly audible. She gave a soft hum that bordered on laughter. "I would say you're more than a bit intense. If asked to name your most prominent qualities, I believe it would be among my top three." A grin bloomed over her features as she spoke. She took a breath through her cloth, not intending to wear down anytime soon.

Cassander gave a nod. "I do believe I am facing the same crisis. Except, I may be at more of a disadvantage than you. Unlike some people, I never snuck out of the palace." He gave Nia a gentle nudge, trying to make light of the situation. It was the least he could do, and it was where he was comfortable remaining. Distress drained him. There was a bit of a spark to his gaze as he looked down to the girl at his side.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak
((Sorry for any bit of delay, you guys. School is almost through and it's killing me.))

Dan's brows lifted in an expression of curiosity as he laughed in humorous disbelief. "Oh? My intensity is a quality you say? And what, pray tell, are the other two qualities in this list of me you've compiled?" Rhaine Rhaine

Nia couldn't help but laugh. "Hey come on. I didn't do it that often!" Nia said, raising her hands up in her defense, before dropping them, returning his look. "Besides! You could have left with me. Imagine all the fun we could've had if we went together!" Nia lighly punched his arm, pausing for a moment before squinting. "Wait a minute... did you stay home on purpose so that whenever I got caught, you'd be out of chores because I had to do them!?"
Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

The spirit had no trouble with this fort of Goblins. They were descended from Kruziik's personal tribe and his tales were passed on from generation to generation till now. After proving he was the Goblin King he traveled to other Goblin encampments, with their sizes ranging from camp to large town and each housed a different tribe. Over time he placed himself as the ruler of the Goblins once again, which honestly was easy as long as he promised them loot and tasty flesh to feast on.

Each tribe had a chief who controlled their tribes as they saw fit, and who reported directly to Kruziik. It was a constant power struggle within a tribe to become and stay a chieftain. An aspiring Goblin would fight the chief in single combat and, if they were victorious, would send the head via messenger to Kruziik, who would grant the victor a magical enhancements of their choice, such as invisibility or enhanced speed.
Kruziik started this tradition back in the first Unity of the Goblins to weed out the weak and enhance the strong (and because he was tired of easily killed Goblins).

Other ways to gain Kruziik's favor and enchantments was for a Goblin to prove their might in combat or to kill a terrible beast. Those who proved themselves time and time again would engage in a trial of Kruziik's choosing. The trial could be anything that most Goblins would deem too difficult to even attempt. These trials could be anything from bringing Kruziik the head of an important Human, Elf, Dwarf etc. to defeating a Quavith (a giant Armored Serpent that's as long as the jungle trees are tall). Those that survive the trial are magically enhanced and enchanted to become Kruziik's personal guard, sporting enhanced speed, invisibility, enhanced strength, enhanced senses, and more. The magical loadout varies between individuals, usually using how they completed the trials as a starting point. They also receive specialized armor with special weapons.

Now Kruziik has to rebuild all this. But he knows he has time.
Then the orcs.
The the world.

Ru blushed, bringing her hair over her ears in a nervous habit. "I haven't -". She smiled, shaking her head with a bit of flustered disbelief in her smile. "Though three qualities cannot begin to encapsulate the complexity of a person...". She paused a moment, gathering herself. "If you're asking me to name your top three most prominent qualities, I would say, intense, intelligent, and..." Endearing? Surprisingly warm? "Strong." She finished, casting a quick glance at him. "Are you satisfied now?" She gave a soft laugh. "Everytime you and I talk I seem to only be capable of embarrassing myself. What you must think of me!" She faintly shook her head again as if she were in amused awe. Her voice took on a bit of the humorous quality she had attained earlier. "Is it deliberate? Are you attempting to get me to make a fool of myself?" She looked up at him with a mock-accusatory expression.

Cassander gave a huff, rubbing his arm where Nia had lightly punched it as if she had done real damage. He feigned disapproval though he wore a light grin. "Tut tut, your highness. You're so quick to assume the worst. Perhaps I stayed behind because someone had to at least attempt to cover for you. It wasn't always easy, and I do apologize for when I couldn't manage to succeed, but you aren't exactly the most subtle person in the world." He brushed some ash from his sleeve, adding in a more quiet tone, "And perhaps, at times, I did appreciate not having to do my chores."

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Last edited:
Nia was a bit stunned, blinking as she came into realization. "You. Covered for me?" She said in a bit of awe, as if questioning its validity. "Thanks" she told him with a smile, allowing silence to overtake them before- "SO!" She spoke loud enough for the whole group to hear, doing a penguin-esq waddle in a circle. "I want to keep the spirits up! Anyone willing to share a story or song? I have some of both that I could share." She did another two penguin waddle circles while speaking.
Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Dan's laughter subsided as he smiled warmly towards Ru as a minute shade of red covered his face. "Actually I think it's quite endearing. But that's just my intense opinion." Dan ignored Nia/Ruby as she requested songs and stories. Dan knew nothing of the sort. "I'm not sure I agree with you on me being strong though. I never did work out. And that has come back to bite me several times in my life." Rhaine Rhaine

Ru blinked. "Really? That's... comforting." She dropped her gaze to the ashy ground, seemingly pondering over something she didn't voice. Her smile remained intact. With his last words, she looked up to him quickly, her head tilting to the side. "Strength isn't primarily physical. It takes many forms. Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning." She raised an eyebrow, her expression taking on a more coy air.

Her attention was brought away as Nia addressed the group, and she broke the eye contact she held. "Oh, yes, of course. It is - it was my profession, though I'm not sure what you'd like to hear. I... I would be glad to hear anything you'd like to share." She replied presently.

TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Nia thought for a second "I think I remember something. Prepare for a bittersweet ballad" She took in a breath and started to sing, her voice soft and graceful, singing with a unique kind of passion and tempo that was smooth as silk.
Nia didn't look at anyone, and blushed wildly through her tragic ballad. She was self conscious about her singing.

"Our hero of songs and stories untold
he fought not for glory, nor silver nor gold
He killed for the hands that held his heart
for Lyra, who loved him till death did them part...

Lyra's tears washed the blood off his sword.
She called out the name of the one she adored
The shackles of death that held him then broke
Once more with his love, Lanre awoke

But Death is a tyrant who won't be denied
Lyra she faded, she paled and she died
Her fate left unknown to we who remain
Its consequence etched in misery and pain

Unable to die, to forget or to sleep
Lanre was driven to madness and grief
Myr Tariniel burned by his hand
A mercy to people of that wretched land

Selitos roared and he clawed at his eyes
Frenzied by pride, he cursed the skies:
"Lanre you traitor, cursed by the name,
may you live always in the shadow and shame!"

Our hero of songs and stories untold
Now wanders these roads, alone in the cold
He dreams of the hands that held his heart
Of Lyra, who loved him till death did them part..."
Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Ru listened intently, and was quite taken with the song. When she coughed, she made sure to stifle it as well as she could. She stayed quiet until the song was finished, when she clapped her hands in a few quick bursts. "You have a lovely voice! I'm surprised I haven't heard that song before." She sighed with an intentionally dramatic flare, placing a hand over her chest. "It's horribly romantic. Those are always my favorites. So tragic." She gave a grin.

Cassander clapped along with Ru, giving a smile. "I agree on both accounts. Less so about the tragedy." He always loved to hear Nia sing, however rarely it occurred.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Last edited:
Nia's blush only got deeper "thank you" she said bashfully, rubbing the back of her neck "I'm not that good though. And I don't sing very often" she said as she then jumped over a small tree that fell on the road.
Rhaine Rhaine TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Dan moved with his group, listening to Nia sing. She had a good voice on her that was for sure, but Dan didn't say anything. He would've loved to be able to enjoy the song, but so much had happened that for all he knew there could be a Lanre out there, his family dead around him as he lashed out at anything that came near him. He shook the thought away. At least he's not me, Dan thought.
Rhaine Rhaine Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

Samuel flinched as Nia began singing. Moments after he finished, he wasted no time before exclaiming "I never imagined you to be an adept singer, your highness." His mind reeled back to the anger in her voice when she struck him with that stick, a tone he wouldn't have pictured turning soft in a million years had he not just heard it. His glance sid to Dan. "What about you, big boy?" He teased, completely oblivious to Dan's inner torment. "Do you have a hidden singing talent?"

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Rhaine Rhaine Uasal Uasal

Cassander raised his hand with a laugh. "I vote Sam as well. Sorry." He took to the humorous tone well. He was good-natured, even with the chilly wind that seemed to pierce through his skin.

Ru's eyes widened, about to speak before the wind came through. It was more like smoke rather than wind and she fought off a few bouts of coughing fits. The wind died down, and began to regain her breath. Her breathing was ragged, but she tarried on all the same. She crossed her arms. "Well, I-" Another cough. "I wouldn't eat any of you." The idea repelled her, and she had seemingly missed the humorous quality of the preposition.

Cassander gave a mock-offended huff. "None of us? You and your impossible standards. No one here is good enough for you?" He enjoyed teasing, and he was glad to now.

Ru flushed. "That's not - I...I should think you would be comforted! I certainly don't want to be eaten."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Uasal Uasal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back