[Closed] [5e] Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expersprobi

One Thousand Club
System: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
Adventure: Wizards of the Coast's Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Synopsis: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist is a treasure hunt set against an urban backdrop designed for characters starting at 1st level. By the end of this story, the characters will be at least 5th level.

Character Creation Rules
Stats: Heroic Array [16, 15, 14, 12, 12, 8]
Races: Anything Official (PHB, SCAG, VGtM, MToF, any Planeshift) + Eberron, No Flying, No V.Human
Classes / Subclasses: Anything Official except PHB Ranger, UA Ranger (Applied to all subclasses)
Backgrounds: Anything Official, no custom backgrounds, no faction agents.

Adventure Introduction:
Welcome to Waterdeep, the Crown of the North, where a wondrous tale of urban adventure is about to unfold. Our story begins with the gathering of adventurers at the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern. Volothamp 'Volo' Gedddarm, the famous explorer and raconteur, has a quest for them - one that entangles characters in a bitter conflict between two nefarious organizations. If the adventurers complete his quest, Volo rewards them handsomely. Yet a much greater prize lies hidden somewhere in the City of Splendors, waiting to be claimed.

Expectations:
Players are expected to create a simple backstory for their character. Before the campaign begins, players will work together to form a common party backstory. This adventure assumes that the party knows each other and works together to overcome challenges and solve puzzles.

-----

I have 3 open spaces in the party of 5. If you're interested, post what race and class you'd like to play along with a general summary of the character you intend to play (personality, motivation, etc).

I am interested. I'd like to play a hobgoblin wizard, a disciplined, ambitious soldier-mage who got double-crossed out of hobgoblin society and is hoping to find a way to be appreciated by the not-green folks, so he can still carry out that dream of being the best wizard.

I was thinking a Kenku rogue or monk who is looking to strike it big with the Heist job, he’s witty and quick on his feet but he’s been poor most of his life and he’s trying to change that around. Generally he’s the vigilante type although he’s never said no thanks to a little silver tossed his way for a good deed

Copying from the message I sent you earlier:

"Hey I'd like to join your game. I'd be a human cleric, probably light. His goal would be to rise within church hierarchy to a position of ecclesiastical and political power, and is adventuring as a means to an end. Friends in low places are sometimes more valuable than friends in high ones."

I would love to play an Eladrin Warlock. Summer/Fire is a major theme for them. Here is a link to the character on DnDB.
Petydark Aloro

I see the character as someone who is always simmering with energy and fight. This would explain their wanderlust. A little hyper and almost too ready to rush in. Impulsive, reckless and a very naive of the ways of the city of Waterdeep. But loyal and genuinely interested in experiencing new things and new places.

Petydark was encouraged to travel by their family/clan for the above reasons and the tendency to stick in the Summer season.

Considering TukTuk goblin, Close-Quarters Cavalier Far Traveller. Dishonorably discharged and subsequently exiled, but a skilled marksman, Su'ne -- Sue to most -- is looking for anything, usually assasinations, to pay for his room and board. Proud and arrogant, starts more fights than he can punch his way out of, but not afraid of fighting dirty and bringing a heavy crossbow to a slap fight. Big fan of rodeos and the color red, usually at the same time, unfortunately for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back