Status
Not open for further replies.

Lughaidh

LOO-ee
Title: The Breath of Akkah
Game: D&D 5e
Players: 4

Description
An age has passed since the sundering of the moon which unleashed cosmic destruction on the realms of man. Now, a strange new world has risen from the bones of the old; a world of savagery, super-science, and sorcery! A world where wizards and warlords rule over men and mutant alike. You find yourself turning to the life of an adventurer and sell-sword, a life that promises freedom and fortune in a dangerous and uncertain world.​

Style
This game is heavily inspired by the 1980’s cartoon: Thundarr the Barbarian. It will be a little more Sword & Sorcery than the Heroic Fantasy of Thundarr. I’m looking for characters that are somewhat grey on the morality scale.​

• Further inspiration:
    • Conan the Barbarian
    • Red Sonja
    • Xena: Warrior Princess
    • Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
    • Diablo
    • The Beastmaster
    • Beowulf
    • Korgoth of Barbaria
    • The 13th Warrior
    • John Carter of Mars
    • He-Man/She-Ra
The game will take place on Discord. I won’t require lengthy posts. My hope is that players are committed to posting 4-5 times a week. Which amounts to once a day during the workweek. I, myself, am fairly absent on the weekends. This isn’t a one-shot. My plan is that this can be an ongoing campaign.​

Character Creation
  • Level 3 characters
  • Standard array
  • Average HP
  • Starting Gold as per class
  • All races allowed*; really, almost everything and anything goes including homebrew races (it’s a weird world full of mutants).
    • Warforged (and other construct races) are the exceptions. I love them, but they don't make sense to me in this world as player characters. Technology and Magic is rare.
  • Starting classes are limited: Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, and Rogue. Some subclasses will only be available at higher levels (see below). Multi-classing is allowed and all classes will be open at higher levels (see below). UA material is pending DM approval (I tend to approve most things.)
    • Subclass level requirement
      • 4th level: Arcane Trickster, Eldritch Knight
    • Class level requirement
      • 3rd level: Paladin, Ranger
      • 4th level: Artificer, Bard,Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
  • Feat level requirement
    • 4th level: Magic Initiate, Ritual Caster

Other
I don’t choose players on a first come basis, so apply without concern at any time. Feel free to ask questions, I'll try to add the answers to the initial post.​

Last edited:
I'm interested, I've got a few characters that could fit. I'm looking to do only one game atm so if I get in another, I'll let you know.

I haven’t played too many low magic setting campaigns but, I also have a tendency towards playing martial characters, and have a few in mind. I’d be interested in this!

Consider me interested as well, Lugh! I've been looking to play in a game with this aesthetic for quite some time, and I love the idea of marauding around in a gang of morally grey barbarian adventurers. I have a couple of workable character concepts in that vein that I'd be happy to try out here.

Welp. I missed the last Lugh game, and this looks like a fun setting. I have an idea for an earth genasi barbarian or shifter rogue that could work.

I'm going to toss my hat in the ring. I would love to start a game right now and this game looks right up my alley.
I roll up characters all the time for fun so I have many that I think would work well.

Hi! I'd love to play! I have an idea for a changeling monk who will eventually be taking a bit of trickster cleric for a while, and I'd love to have a chance to play them

I'd love to play in a low magic game, I've never played in one before. I would probably play either some sort of Fist of the North Star inspired monk or a gish fighter. Like usual, I'd gladly step aside for people in less games.

Thank you all for your applications. I'll post the players soon in the Discord channel. I will likely be running another game before too long. If you didn't get into this game, and are interested, remind me in my next ad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back