[Closed] [5e] Seeking Adventurers - Inquire Within! CybOrcs need not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: CybOrcs need not apply.
Game: Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition
Player Count: Four to six.
Character Creation: I'm really quite flexible! I love playing with homebrew, whether it be racial traits, spells, or even whole classes, as long as they are balanced. Feel free to use pathfinder races as well. Your characters should be third level. This is a beginner campaign, after all. The sooner we can get started, the better, so I probably will have characters picked out relatively quickly! In all likelihood, I'll be inviting people to the server at 9:00 PM PST tomorrow, or the morning after.
House Rules: I am, obviously, a play by post DM. This game will be hosted on discord, using dice rolling bots. When it comes to DMing, I reward good roleplay above all. I definitely prefer you actually describe what you do rather than just declaring you make a check or roll for attack. Otherwise, I'm pretty standard!
Description: The land of Belleroth is a troubled one. One hundred years ago, this continent was ruled by a strong government, formed by the triumviarate of three nations. This government ruled the land with an iron fist for all of 90 years. Then, as if on cue, three new factions came to power. The Firebrand Gang, in the north, led by an aging military vet who took over their portion of the continent with ease. In the... middlish bit were the Dragonskeep Helmsmen, a rather nonsensical name for a rather nonsensical gang, a gang which, led by a mysterious dragonborn leader, imposed practical anarchy through their territory. Finally, in the jurisdiction in which we begin our adventure, a rather more traditional gang rules. Recently, in the north, the leader of the Firebrand Gang has perished. With his death, rumors have begun to spread. Rumors that, at the time of his death, he hid a fortune of money, relics, and knowledge, a fortune large enough to bankroll a nation many times over. Immediately, the remnants of the government, the Dragonskeep Helmsmen, and the unnamed gang to the south began frantically recruiting adventuring parties.

In the small town of New Gravestown, whose only notable landmark is a passover maglev stop, one such recruitment drive has begun in the quaint bar known as the Sparking Cyborg.

Other: Yeah, nothing else! I'm excited to see who will apply! New players somewhat preferred, but I'd like it if you can at least make a character sheet on your own. Feel free to use point buy or roll a character, I don't care either way. I trust nobody will cheat on their stats. It is what it sounds like, though. Classic adventure across the continent fighting baddies, doing sidequests, and searching for loot. My discord is sholiday season#3622 if anybody has any questions to ask!

I'll throw my name in. EXTempest#7112

Currently in a few games, but never played anything steam punk related.

Glad to see you here then! Any idea what type of character you might be drawn to, just so I know?

No, not really. I tend to sign up and then make a character.
Granted, not many DM expect the players to already have a character in mind straight away.
Just, don't expect me to play something like an Elf, or a human. Chances are, I'll pick something like kobold, a tortle or a triton. Class will be... Er, don't know yet. I will most certainly play a subclass I haven't tried yet.

No, not really. I tend to sign up and then make a character.
Granted, not many DM expect the players to already have a character in mind straight away.
Just, don't expect me to play something like an Elf, or a human. Chances are, I'll pick something like kobold, a tortle or a triton. Class will be... Er, don't know yet. I will most certainly play a subclass I haven't tried yet.
No problem! Take your time on picking, just wanted to ask!

No problem! Take your time on picking, just wanted to ask!

Hey, got a question. With rolling the stats, are we allowed to re roll one stat? I ask cause it's not uncommon for games on our server to allow one re roll. Though the common rule is, if the roll is lower, you have to take it, so it's a risk.

Hey, got a question. With rolling the stats, are we allowed to re roll one stat? I ask cause it's not uncommon for games on our server to allow one re roll. Though the common rule is, if the roll is lower, you have to take it, so it's a risk.
Yeah, go for it! Like I say in the post, I trust you as far as stats go, so I’ll trust you only use one reroll.

Hello! I would like to apply, although I'm in quite a few games so I don't want to take away anyone's place. I would have a question, though. What "age" is this campaign set in? Is it modern or leaning more towards Sci-Fi? The CybOrcs have me leaning towards the latter. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to first nail this question down before I post any.

This is a cyberpunk game, so learning much more towards the sci-fi!
Cool, I have a really good PDF full of sci-fi themed subclasses, so I might pick one from there! It's more space sci-fi oriented, but I'm sure I could find a few options in there that would fit right in with a cyberpunk setting

Hello! I would like to apply, although I'm in quite a few games so I don't want to take away anyone's place. I would have a question, though. What "age" is this campaign set in? Is it modern or leaning more towards Sci-Fi? The CybOrcs have me leaning towards the latter. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to first nail this question down before I post any.
Cool, I have a really good PDF full of sci-fi themed subclasses, so I might pick one from there! It's more space sci-fi oriented, but I'm sure I could find a few options in there that would fit right in with a cyberpunk setting
Great! Yeah, as long as they aren’t crazy overpowered I have no problem with that!

Okay so it's not even after work but hello I'm here to join. XD

Also no class idea yet, but maybe might peep at Rune's list and see what's out there.

I'd be down for some cyberpunk. I'd step aside if anyone newer wants a slot though. I'm not sure about class yet as I don't know what will be available, but I have a character in mind from when someone suggested they'd run a GeneFunk game. I probably still have that setting book somewhere too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back