[Closed] [5e] Dragon Heist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unencumbered

Title Dragon Heist
Game D&D 5e
Platform RPNation posts for story descriptions, Discord for out-of-character discussion and dice rolls
Player Count 4-5

Description
Welcome to Waterdeep, the City of Splendors, Crown of the North. Bards tell of streets lined with gold, yours for the picking. And all you need to do is complete a simple quest.

Alas, if only it were that easy…

You’ll need to avoid a gang war which has spilled out onto the streets whilst uncovering a villainous plot involving some of the city’s most influential figures. You’ll pit your skill and bravado against villains the likes of which you’ve never before faced, racing through the wards of Waterdeep in a grand urban caper.

Dragon Heist takes characters from 1st to 5th level.

Player Selection
I’ll leave this listing open for about a week and choose those applicants who are in fewer games.

Character Creation
Please give me some idea of the character you’d like to play. Once I’ve selected players you can flesh them out.

All characters will start at 1st level. Ability scores should use the standard (Player’s Handbook) scores: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15.

Any race from an official release is allowed, including Eberron and Ravnica, but no Unearthed Arcana, please. Flying races are OK, but be warned that to legally fly over the city of Waterdeep you’ll somehow have to obtain a license...

No evil characters. No feats/variant human. Multiclassing is fine if you can justify it storywise.

Party Creation
Your party has formed to make some quick cash in Waterdeep. You’ll need to collectively work your backstories to provide motivation. Why do you want the money and why are you working together? Does one of you have a gambling debt? Has a loved one been kidnapped and a ransom been demanded? Perhaps you want to resurrect your beloved grandfather - the 1000 GP asking price seems like daylight (grave) robbery, but you have such fond memories…? And why does the rest of the party care about your problems, anyway?

House Rules/Game Style
  • Describe what you want your character to do. I’ll then say whether it’s possible and either describe the result or ask you to roll if the result is in doubt.
  • Please don’t roll unless I ask. Instead, think about what your character is trying to achieve and we’ll take it from there.
  • Combat will be ‘theater of the mind’ although I may post maps to aid understanding.
  • I may hand out inspiration dice to players who use their character personality traits, ideals and flaws to move the story along in a compelling way. And I encourage you to pass that inspiration on if someone else contributes to the story in a fun and interesting manner.
  • Levelling will be milestone-based.
  • All rolls will use Avrae on Discord. After combat (or other rolls) you can summarize the action from your character’s point of view here on RPNation.
  • I expect to post once or twice per week on RPNation. I will try to allow time for everyone to respond but I’ll err on the side of moving the action along to reward players who are engaged and contributing.
  • My time zone is GMT, so interaction on Discord (e.g. for combat) will likely be slow if any players are not in a similar time zone.
  • I’ll likely tailor my writing to either US or UK English, depending on the location of the majority of players.

Last edited:
hellloooo!
not to seem especially rabid about this adventure, but I'd definitely be interested in joining in on it. :]

I'm not entirely sure what I want to play, so I'm very much open to filling an open gap in a party composition, but right now, I have ideas for wood elf monk, goblin fighter, tiefling paladin, drow sorc, maybe a lizardfolk cleric.
So yeah, a lotta flexibility. :)

I'd love to play. Id be interested in playing either a cleric, not sure on race, or an aarakocra druid, but if those sort of roles are filled I'd be happy to do something else.

Awh hell why not, yes I'm in games so chili peppers me if need be but, I've wanted to play this for a while.

Matches Malone, half-elf bastard son of a whore. There's the rub, daddy was a dragon, a red dragon. He tried to live a life of justice, he joined the city watch, made it to investigator. Corruption scandal got branded evil because of his heritage, boom two years in prison now he's out working as a private eye/ personal investigator.

Rough backstory, but you know. He's pretty much built already... May change the colour...

Hey I’m definitely interested, I’m also flexible with what class I would play. Haven’t really tried out monk or sorcerer, but I’m good with filling what the party needs.

Thanks!

Looks like applications have slowed down so I'm going to close this. Happy to run this with all 6 of you :)

Please can you flesh out your characters using the constraints I posted above (also no Faction Agent background) and let me know.

Here's a summary of the classes you expressed interest in:

heylookitsme heylookitsme Monk, Fighter, Paladin, Sorcerer, Cleric
DarkDreams DarkDreams Bard, Sorcerer
DarkHorseAsh DarkHorseAsh Cleric, Druid
actualhermit actualhermit Monk, Rogue
Wookie Nookie Wookie Nookie ????
holy_shitsnax holy_shitsnax Monk, Sorcerer

The game will be fun whatever, but if you want to choose a class that's unique I've highlighted those suggested by one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back