[Closed] [5e] Call to Phandalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styrium

Title: Lost Mines of Phandelver Call to Phandalin
Game: D&D 5e, done through Discord
Player Count: 4-6 (not sure how many more I could sanely allow)

Disclaimer:
THIS IS NOT A LOST MINES GAME, although most of the NPCs are the same and there are some similarities with the actual module, the actual plot was mostly changed as well as many minor things throughout the adventure. It shouldn't matter much if you already played through parts of the adventure, but some aspects remain the same, so I would ask not to be guided by what you played before (especially because you'll have no idea what actually changed and what didn't).

Also, the game is still set in the Sword Coast, but I know nothing about the 'official settings'. So, the setting will be very wibbly-wobbly and I can't promise to be faithful to its 'true' lore, if anyone in this server actually cares about that.

Description:

The Rockseeker brothers ran a shop in Neverwinter where, just like any big city in the Sword Coast, they had their fair share of encounters with wannabe adventurers or, on rarer occasions, proper adventurers - that actually managed to survive and return to their shop a second time. Suddenly, the shop was closed and the two younger siblings - Tharden and Nundro, the twins - packed everything up and moved to Phandalin where they were betting on a huge profit ahead of them. Stories similar to this one could be heard frequently, as many chose to drop their old lives and head to the region that surrounds the once-prosperous city, usually prospectors or treasure seekers. The Rockseekers, however, appeared to be even more confident in this 'great opportunity' than most. Gundren - the oldest sibling - stayed behind a bit longer and, with the help of Sildar Hallwinter, sent word out to some of the adventurers they knew were still around, telling them to head to Phandalin, where they would be needing help with something.

Not sure how long this game will actually end up being (as that would require me to actually plan that much ahead), just something to happen over the summer (for those of you that live in the upper part of the globe), before my class schedule takes over my life once again.
This game will be more geared to the rp side, but there'll still be combat, exploration and whatever (no barbs stuck in a political campaign here).
Combat will be theater of the mind.
I usually get crazy with homebrew monsters and have some tweaks to published stuff.

Character Creation:
We'll be using the heroic array (same as Blades), assign the scores as you please.
The game will start at level 3 and use milestone leveling.
Backstories are a thing, I don't want a whole fantasy novel, but as 3rd level adventurers you have already accomplished something and some character depth never hurt anyone involved.[citation needed]
Anything published, except flying races, centaurs and V. humans. I allow some homebrew (if it's actually balanced) so get that through me first if you really want to.
Also good to stay away from monstrous races, cuz y'know... hard to hunt orcs if you are one... villagers will run from you... guards are not fond of wandering goblin wizards.... The usual. Nothing hardcore like my other game.

I'll get more in depth once the players are chosen.

This sounds very interesting! You say it's done through discord so I assume it's voice based? Oh and can I ask about your timezone? I don't want to jump in and say I want to play only to bail on you because of timezone differences so best to ask that now 😅

I'd love to play if you have room! I have a few ideas, including a halfling sorcerer or a one winged aarakocra druid (if that got past the flying thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread