[Closed] [5e] 1 level 3 Character Needed For HoTDQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

pythor229

Hello everyone, I am a DM for a group of people going through the Hoard of The Dragon Queen campaign. We had 2 people in the party become inactive leaving the party short 2 people. If you are interested in joining you may post your character sheet and backstory in this thread and I will look it over and tell you whether you need to work on it or if you're accepted. The character creation rules are the same that the server uses, and your backstory needs to be a paragraph or two. This campaign doesn't share the CoS cannon but does have it's own, levels and items will be tracked and we will hopefully be going through multiple other campaigns with the same party after finishing HoTDQ. If your character is accepted they will be introduced to the party at a time that makes sense to the story (instead of just popping into existence randomly), but that shouldn't take too much time. Since we are using the milestone way of leveling up the party will have leveled up to 2 after finishing the first chapter, and your character will need to be level 2 as well. The RP is hosted on the discord server and when you're accepted you will be added to the private channels. You will need to be committed to this as a player and I expect you to be able to post at least once a day. Once we finish this module we will also move on to the sequel Rise of Tiamat, and then others (with the crazy goal of maybe having reach level 20 at some point.) If you have questions please feel free to ask me.

Last edited:
hey, I'm really interested, rolling up a second level fighter for it now and ill have it posted, just wondering, how much backstory do you want? Usually I make them kind of short with enough detail to kind of flesh the character out. Is that ok?

Yea, that sounds fine. I just want to make sure the character has personality and a past, instead of being a robot that bashes things.

I'm also possibly interested in joining. I was in the process of making a Fighter when I saw the ad posted. Is it possible to see the discord and progress so far to see if I feel like I would be a good fit before possibly applying/joining?

The backstory is in the second page, if you need anything else added I can totally add it

Attachments

• Gulri Flamespirit.pdf
    9.6 MB · Views: 9
Fighter is fine, also you are accepted. I'll let an admin know to add you to the group. Sorry Mortals, hate to shoot people down.

Opening this back up since I need 2 people to bring the party back up to 4 again. The two classes in the party so far are monk and fighter.

Still need level 2 characters? I've got a concept in mind I was saving for the Blades game as a backup I could get into shape. Would you and the current party be okay with a Drow Dex-based Paladin of Eilistraee?

Think I might give this a try. I have a Druid lying around from a couple of other games that fizzled out, though she is a Volo's race, which I don't know if you're accepting. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Character Sheet - Ixen Level 2.pdf
    388 KB · Views: 1
As requested, please find attached draft of Tulizza's character sheet. I just need to fix the spell casting section (forgot to prepare spells from the list before I generated the PDF). Rerolled her stats instead of taking the Blades' array and rolled for starting gold, both of which are in the main dice channel.

Attachments

• Tulizza Val'Sorren - Character Sheet 2nd Level.pdf
    669.9 KB · Views: 8
I'm interested as well -- however not sure if you've already picked your group. Let me know -- I'd probably go for sorcerer or wizard since I could be a support caster for all the melee people

Alright well it seems that one of the inactive people have decided to be active again, so that means that there is only one spot to fill. Ash-6116 Ash-6116 You are accepted into the group, and should be able to actually join up with the party very soon. Please tell me your name within the server so that we can add you. As for everyone else sorry for having to turn you down, but I will keep you in mind if I need someone in the future.

I'm reopening this thread since one of the party members ended up leaving. The party is just about to cross the milestone for level 3 so a level 3 character is needed to fill the spot. The character that left was a fighter, and the other three classes still in the party are paladin, wizard, and monk.

I'm still interested. Not sure if you're accepting Volo's races, but if you are then I'd be up for playing this druid. If not, I can roll up something else.

*Edited character sheet to have a slightly more vague backstory. The character's been floated for a few games that never made it off the ground, so some of the names didn't make sense.

Attachments

• Character Sheet - Ixen Level 3.pdf
    386.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hey, I'm interested in joining as well, Used Tiefling sub-race from Mordenkainen but if needed could easily mod it to phb tiefling.
Class is warlock hexblade

Aarden Falreth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back