Clockwork Heart

[3] Tell all the Truth but tell it Slant.

Leave out Roxy, just mention the other events instead.

Seconded - pretty much what I had in mind. We gotta win a top tier girl's favor without pissing the other one off...

View attachment 197599

03-7-2041
5:20 P.M. ~ 5:26 P.M.

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As you walked, you carefully thought about everything. You’ve decided to tell them the truth, which is far easier than hiding it from them. However, you would leave out the parts involving Roxy, you don’t want to see that girl pissed off. She could easily beat you to death in a somewhat calm manner, who knows what hell she could unleash upon you if angered?[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]After a few minutes, you finally arrived at the dorm, and make your way to your room. You take the elevator, and get to your room within a mere minute. You don’t knock. You grab the doorknob and turn it sideways, opening the door in a rather slow manner. There were no creaks or noises.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Once the door was opened, you found out that nobody was there yet. The lights were not turned on, nor was the air conditioning. Most likely, Carl is still walking with Sarah to head here. They have the same last class, after all.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]You enter the room and close the door immediately, and hurry to prep yourself for this revelation you will share with the two. You turn on the lights, and head towards the living area. It was somewhat fancy for a dorm, that it could almost pass as an old hotel, but that is the norm nowadays. Dorms could pass as decent hotels in the old years, but it still can’t match the quality of hotels in the present time. Those places usually have almost everything automated, they even have robot-servants! [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The living area had a fair amount of space. There was a table with a two sofas facing its opposite sides, and a bean bag chair on one corner. To the north of the table was a wall-mounted television, which is not yet turned on. Beneath the table, spreading out to the edges of each chair was a floor rag. Atop the table was a number of random magazines and papers.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]You sat down on the right sofa, and sighed. You then, began to rehearse silently on what you will say, and how you will say it. After a few minutes, you heard knocking on the door.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Come in.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px], you say.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The knocking continued, ignoring what you have just said. Confused, you stood up and approached the door. Maybe they were carrying something, that they can’t open it themselves. So, you held the doorknob and twisted it to the side, opening the door.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]You expected it to be Carl and Sarah, but to your surprise, it was someone else. Someone you have entirely no idea about. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The guy was huge. He wore some kind of rugged outfit that showed the tattoos on both of his arms. His face was decorated in scars and piercing, that it was almost as terrifying as his presence. Something about him felt off, no, felt very dangerous. As if he came here to do something terrible to you.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then, you remembered Roxy’s words - that your life is about to be turned upside down. The large man before you grunted, and addressed you in a gruff voice.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]“Are you Victor Frost?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px], he asked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Feeling compelled to reply, you answered. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Uh, yes.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]At the very moment you finished the sentence, when you breath was just about to escape your mouth, the man charged tackled you, sending you flying backwards and hitting the wall near the living area. He entered the room slowly, and crunched both of his fists.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]You groan in pain, down on the floor. You try to stand up, albeit in a slow manner. You were still not fully recovered, and here you were, about to take another beating.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]But you won’t let that happen again.[/SIZE]

OPTIONS:

[1] Try to win a brawl.

[2] Bolt to the door.

[3] Write-in.

Current Info

Characters
Roxy - A mysterious infirmary girl who knows about your strange ability

Carl - A blond boy; your roommate

Sarah - A "top-tier" girl; your seatmate

Events

Daily Check-up - You must now do daily check-ups at the infirmary.

Last edited by a moderator:
[1] seems like a really bad idea - on the other hand, it seems like we are in no condition to run away, either. Seeing that we know that Carl and Sarah are on the way (hopefully), I'd try to stall for as long as possible. Usually, offering a drink and talking might be the best option to get out of here, but I don't think that'll work - thus, try [2] and hope for the best (and for the other two to arrive in time).

[1] seems like a really bad idea - on the other hand, it seems like we are in no condition to run away, either. Seeing that we know that Carl and Sarah are on the way (hopefully), I'd try to stall for as long as possible. Usually, offering a drink and talking might be the best option to get out of here, but I don't think that'll work - thus, try [2] and hope for the best (and for the other two to arrive in time).

Seconded.

[Write-in] Beg for mercy. It's time to get down on your knees, clasp your hands and pray he won't hurt you bad. Hopefully, that'll buy you some time so that someone will see the commotion brewing up in the room. Just try sizing up a large guy that's near the doorway and you'd be pummeled to paste, and if you go bolting for the door you'll just be pushed down the floor again.

To me, it didn't really seem as if he'd be willing to listen to those kind of things - don't think a (probably hired) thug cares too much about us whining. Not that I'd think running will work out - but being closer to the door is an advantage, if only so that others can hear the happenings.

[2]

Let's Use Our Small Stature To Our Advantage. He Does Tower Over Us, Maybe We Can Get Him To Charge In One Direction Before Heading In The Other?

View attachment 197599

03-7-2041
5:20 P.M. ~ 5:26 P.M.

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Seeing that fighting against this humongous brute would be futile, you knew you had one option left. And that was to run as fast as you can and hope that his size is inversely proportional to his speed and mental prowess.

Still, leaving the room won't be so easy. His huge frame is blocking the way, and there's only one path to the door. You will have to force him out of the way. So, you concocted a plan in your mind, and though it was rather rushed and extremely simple, you prayed that it would suffice.

"Hmph.", you smirked, with your foot taking a step forward.

The tattooed gargantuan, in response, smiled and grunted gleefully. He charged towards you, but you expected such. So, using your light weight, you kicked the wall beside you with your other foot, and lifted the other one. This, in turn, sent you flying towards the bean bag, catching you in its somewhat soft embrace.

The man, however, tackled with the wall, make a loud thud echo from the room out to the hall. His body may be bulked up, but he still took enough damage to make him stagger and be dazed for a short moment.

And that was all you needed.

You did not hesitate, and ran towards the door. The moment that the man was back to his feet, you were already outside and with your hands on the door.

He grunted once more, and took a step forward. He was going to charge again. So, you shut the door immediately, hoping it would stop him, and headed for the stairs. Your room was on the third floor, and it would take a while to get to the lobby.

And since the two were still out of sight, you might as well meet them there and warn them of not going in the room, should the guy remain stuck there.

However, that was not the case. After a number of loud thuds, the door was sent flying, and the large, dangerous man had his eyes on you.

You could tell that he's furious. And that he'll most likely crush you should he catch you. Of course, you had not intention of doing that, so you ran to the stairs, and began to hurriedly go down.

The tattooed man did not give up the chase, as expected. Luckily, you were already at the lobby. You immediately approached the guards stationed nearby and somehow convinced them to stop the man, which you described in detail, from going down the stairs.

But deep down inside, you knew that they weren't enough. The only one who could stop this guy, as you thought in your messed up state of mind, was Roxy. And you had no way of contacting her.[/SIZE]

OPTIONS:

[1] Ask the receptionist for a contact list.

[2] Use your phone and try to access the student list.

[3] Write-in.

Current Info

Characters

Events

! BIG MAN OF DANGER ! - Escape the tattooed guy's assault.

She doesn't seem like someone who lets her phone number get published anywhere, I feel - we might as well open the closest locker and hope she's in it. Would you rate her between B- and B+? If yes, Carl might have her number - rather unlikely, though.

Maybe someone else gets another good idea, otherwise I'll go with [2] as well - seems at least a bit more likely. By the way, !BIG MAN OF DANGER! is an awesome event name.

[3] It's a long shot, but let me waste my vote to propose it anyway: Check the website of the local martial arts school. Some of them do publish results of their best-performing members, as well as phone numbers of their course instructors. At first sight, she seemed like someone who might be involved in those kind of activities. And if not, we at least learn the names of three dozen people who could not have helped us either.

View attachment 197599

03-7-2041
5:27 P.M. ~ 5:30 P.M.

[SIZE= 14.6667px]You took out your phone, hoping that you'd find her number in the student list on the school's private site. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Unfortunately, the internet speed is rather slow and the main page is loading at an abysmal rate. You most likely will get pounded to death by that large, tattooed man before you even find Roxy's name in that list. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wait. Is Roxy even her real given name? It might just be a nickname for all you know. Heck, it might not be even close to what her real name is. It might be just some random name she gave to you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Hope of getting away from that scary brute is slowly leaving your mind. You feel like running away won't do a thing since that guy looked pretty much unstoppable compared to the average school jocks. With his looks, how could he even enter this place without getting security check-ed to oblivion? That's another question for another time.

Loud noises began to echo from the stairs. Grunts and thuds took everyone's attention, that most of the people around stood up from their seats and went there to take a peek. You, on the other hand, turned around and started to walk at a fast pace.

The door to exit the dormitory was just a few seconds away. You sped up the pace of your walking, and as if the stars aligned and fate shined upon your miserable life, you bumped onto a familiar face.

A very familiar face with velvet hair and a gray hoodie.

"Roxy!", you spoke out loud, your eyes opened wide. You gave off a sigh of relief, and felt as if a thorn in your chest was just removed and you were placed in a calming cotton-filled, air conditioned room.

The girl stared you in the eye. "Don't shout my name."

You took a step backward. "Oh, right. Keep it secret."

"So?", she asked. "What is it?" 

"Ah, yes.", you reply as you glance to the back every now and then, just to check if the giant murderous guy is already there. "Thank goodness you're here. There's this huge tattooed man who appeared in my room and just tried to kill me. Luckily, I escaped. Now-" [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]"And now he's chasing you and continue to try to kill you?", she interrupted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]"Yes.", you said.

"And you're gonna ask me to get rid of him?", she continued.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]"Well, uh...", you said nervously, hoping she doesn't turn you down and leave you to fend for yourself.[/SIZE]

OPTIONS:

[1] Directly say yes.

[2] Suggest it is a yes.

[3] Write-in.

Current Info

Characters

Events

! BIG MAN OF DANGER ! - Escape the tattooed guy's assault.

[1] I don't feel like Roxy is the kind of person who gives a lot about someone beating around the bush. Tell her that that's exactly what we had in mind, and that she's our only hope. Pretty sure she knows that already, since she most likely did not appear by pure chance - but it can't hurt to let her know that we realized the situation we're in. Also, don't mention her name.

[1] I don't feel like Roxy is the kind of person who gives a lot about someone beating around the bush. Tell her that that's exactly what we had in mind, and that she's our only hope. Pretty sure she knows that already, since she most likely did not appear by pure chance - but it can't hurt to let her know that we realized the situation we're in. Also, don't mention her name.

Agreed. We need her help. <.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back