• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Let's grow Worlds from Words ♥

Soliloquy

♥Hopeless Chromatic♥
giphy.gif

A few things you should know about myself. Brace yourself, we're about to get personal.
First off, please know that ...

♥ I write past tense and third person, and I ask that you do the same!
♥ Also, I'm relatively impartial to what role or gender I play in most plots.
♥ I love fantasy, supernatural, and realistic writings equally. Sci-fi is kind of up in the air and time periods don't matter.

☆ Equal effort - Even if everyone's writing abilities may differ a bit, that doesn't have to mean a good role play can't still happen. Grammar and style aside, I ask that you are offering material that I can respond to. If you're having trouble coming up with what to do, tell me in OoC. We are partners and that means it's normal to brainstorm together.

☆R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - Find out what it means to me. I do expect respect from those I write with, and will return the very same. This includes, but is not limited to: how you speak to me (Not my characters, mind you. Out of characters we are equals, regardless of what roles we may have while in them), controlling my characters (which shouldn't be happening unless agreed upon before your reply), and privacy of my materials.

☆Patience - I work full time and have a baby. While I enjoy writing significantly, it isn't my only hobby. I request you be patient when awaiting a reply as generally I'm just preoccupied either at work (where I don't have the luxury of my phone, save for on my breaks) or I could be otherwise engaged. Not to mention I also enjoy sleeping on occasion. If you feel it has been a truly excessive time with no response, feel free to send me a nudge, but that shouldn't happen within a day.

☆Openness - Communication is important in much more than just dialogue. If you're getting bored, again, let me know. If you need a day or so off, understandable, everyone loses their muse now and then. Just please. Please. Please! Tell me! It breaks my heart when I am enjoying a story and after a week my partner stops responding, I sit around with the chat for (literally) three months waiting, only to have them leave without a single word. Also, it's pretty off-putting for future potential stories.
☆Maturity - Not to be confused with sexuality, boys and girls. This is meant that as a seasoned writer, I offer the full decade of experience I have of experience for you to work with. I can bring a few things I've learned over time, but am also open to expanding. As a forewarning, I don't keep up with a lot of the trends and lingo. I may never get acronyms, so be braced if I have to ask a dumb question.
☆A return of everything that I expect, which is quite self explanatory.
☆Likely too many side stories about my pets and family. Feel free to tell me when they get to be too much.
☆Dry sarcasm. It's an undying trait that comes with the occasional puns.
☆Third person - I strictly write in third person. I also expect responses to be in third person. Preferably past tense.
☆Structure - While I don't anticipate anyone to have perfect grammar or spelling, I do want sentence structure. Actions will not be dictated with any symbols.
☆Fan fiction - I debated putting this in hard limits because there are (on rare occasions) times I will write fan fiction or as some refer now, canon. The chances of this are super, super slim. Whether it's a TV series, anime, book, movie, or those YouTube things I don't fully understand, I don't keep up enough to have a wide enough knowledge. I am uncomfortable trying to represent someone else's writing, and so I stick to original content. Then again, who knows how the days mood may have me. If you're adamant for something canon, message me and we'll see where things end up.
☆While mentioned earlier, I want to retouch on respect. Again, characters are allowed their persona, which I will not control, but that freedom does not extend to other writers. I will not tolerate sexism, racism, derogatory comments, hate speech, or any form a threat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

giphy.gif

Muse A is young and naïve, always looking for trouble. They finally find it with Muse B, an older, cooler type that they encounter somewhere they have no business being with their fake ID. Muse B is attracted to Muse A on a physical level, but once Muse A’s age reveals itself, Muse B lays down the harsh truth: they’re not interested in anything beyond a one night stand and they’re definitely not what Muse A needs (and vice versa). Reluctant to let the opportunity to be with Muse B slip away, Muse A convinces Muse B to take them home. Lust clouds Muse B’s judgment and they let Muse A spend the night. In the heat of the moment, when the chemistry is so obviously there, Muse B says all the things Muse A wants to hear. Once it’s all over, however, Muse B’s attitude toward Muse A hasn’t changed–but Muse A doesn’t believe it’s a hopeless cause. Much to Muse B’s dismay, Muse A starts coming around to their place, hanging with their friends, finding little ways to push into their life in the hopes of showing Muse B how good they’d be together despite their difference in age. Muse B insists that their relationship will never be; yet Muse B can’t help sending mixed signals when they continue to fall into bed with Muse A. ♡♡ -Based on Girls by the 1975, listed on Plots for All
Muse A has recently left a toxic relationship (of one sort or the other) and is hesitant to re-enter the dating scene. With a gentle push from family/friends, Muse A finds them face to face with Muse B, who was on the rebound after being left at the altar by who they thought had been the love of their life. As both parties are worried about what could happen next and if their unfortunates pasts will be stuck on repeat, could they be missing out on what could have been their destined ending? That is...until Muse A comes home with the news that could destroy any hopes of moving on: she's pregnant with her destructive ex's child.
Muse A and Muse B run into each other at a public event by absolute chance, hitting it off without even knowing each others name. When the event ends, Muse A decides that doesn't mean the night needs to end, convincing Muse B to go on a series of small adventures until the sun rises with the one agreement that they won't ruin the night with such unimportant things like names. The day finally breaks across the horizon and they're set to go their different ways, planning to leave with just memories to treasure. Fast-forward to an even less anticipated reunion where they come to find each other in a much more personal environment. When the mystery of the night can't continue, will the spark continue to flicker or go out as the mist disappears? Song Inspiration
Muse A is infatuated with Muse B although the latter doesn't know them. It was only a passing meeting but Muse A holds it to heart, emotions brewing in secret until they cannot be contained. Determined to earn Muse B's affection in return, Muse A begins slowly at first with leaving messages, gifts about, but it isn't enough. Muse B has no idea who these are coming from, even believing them to be their significant other. Muse A knows that if Muse B would simply accept them, their lives would be utterly perfect together. Song Inspiration
Muse A is getting ready to leave their position from a long standing career, but before they hit the road for bigger and better promising things, they have a final task: to train the individual who will be taking their place. Muse B shows up, qualified but completely lacking confidence in their own abilities. In an attempt to help Muse B gain ground in their new employment, Muse A tries to take them under their wing, but it isn't long before they find that a career choice isn't the only thing in common. Muse A soon finds the prospect of leaving harder, despite what they have waiting for them just out the door, especially if it means missing out on the untold possibilities with Muse B.
The ruling monarch who has ruled for years in relative peace has declared a war of sorts, although it is not done publicly. A council was summoned to address the dire need to stop a subculture often referred to as the pale face. The monarch insists they are plotting to overthrow the throne and must be stopped at all costs. A group is tasked with collecting the individuals throughout the land and returning them to the palace so they can be imprisoned.
[Muse A] is one of the members of this group, a skilled hunter/tracker and warrior. They are blindly following the orders they are given until one day something threatens that obedience. One of the captured prisoners [Muse B] has escaped and [Muse A] is on the hunt. Eventually cornered, [Muse B] seeks mercy revealing the truth; their people are not held captive but used for slaughter and the Royal benefit of eternal life. [Muse A] will need to decide if they can believe such childish fables and stop or return their prisoner.
When Muse A's attempts to join the real world fall through and they drop out of college, they're faced with the only remaining option: join the family business. It doesn't take long for Muse A to realize that it was hardly what they imagined it was (dull and boring, typical office work). Instead, now as a full adult, they are brought into their parents world and line of work - witch hunting. After some training and exposure to the tell-tale signs of the wicked among them, it comes to Muse A's realization that their significant other, Muse B, is exactly what they're being trained to find and exterminate.
Muse A and Muse B are both gamers that interact in a virtual world and have been for some time. They are frequently doing things together, although they've never done anything besides communicate over text. Subplot 1 - The virtual world they're playing in glitches out and they're forced to try and work together to escape when unplugging isn't an option. Subplot 2 - Muse A and Muse B decide to go beyond the game and meet each other face to face. Little to do they know the deep secrets the other keeps behind their keyboard.
Muse A is new to the area and unfortunately hasn't been filled in on just how unique their new town is. They run into Muse B a couple of nights in on the deserted city streets, and are immediately won over by their charm. The world seems to be at a standstill as they open up to the other, but the night comes to an abrupt end when a siren goes off in the distance. It's the same noise Muse A has heard each night since arriving, but never thought much of it. In a panicked hurry, Muse B insists Muse A needs to come with them or suffer horrible consequences. Once Muse A agrees and is lead away, they pressure Muse B for more and more information before an unbelievable truth comes out - Muse B isn't a human.
Muse A is coming of age in their magical family. On their 18th birthday, they learn what element (water, air, earth, or fire) they have been gifted with. Muse A has been under the impression and hope that they will have inherited the same element that their parents and grandparents have been blessed with, however they come to discover that they have been bestowed with the opposite element. According to rules set forth in the family’s grimoire, Muse A must learn to master their gift from a witch/warlock who possesses the same elemental power as they do. Muse B, who has the same element as Muse A, becomes Muse A’s reluctant mentor. Muse B is brilliant and powerful, but lacks in the department of manners and compassion, especially when Muse A shows difficulty harnessing their new abilities. Muse B is condescending and impatient often without provocation. One day, Muse A meets their wit’s end with Muse B’s treatment and they demand to know why Muse B is so hostile toward them. Muse B reveals that they come from rival families and they are only teaching Muse A due to the terms of a 1,000 year old truce. Once Muse A has mastered their gift, however, the ceasefire will be over. And the families will once again be at odds. - From Plots for All
Muse A is an RA (Resident Advisor) for a freshman dorm on campus. Muse B is a freshman in Muse A’s dorm who loves nothing more than to break the rules, which happens to irk Muse A’s by-the-book nerves. When Muse B’s parents drop by campus for an unexpected visit, Muse B is in no shape to see them because they were partying so hard last night. Seeing that Muse B is finally about to get busted for their bad behavior, Muse A quickly runs interference to give Muse B time to get themselves presentable. The visit goes well enough not to draw suspicion thanks to Muse A’s quick thinking. When Muse B’s parents leave, Muse B breathes a sigh of relief– until Muse A points out that Muse B now owes them. - From Plots for All
Muse A meets Muse B and is immediately smitten. Everything about Muse B is absolutely perfect; they're great company an always can get Muse A to smile. Suddenly, Muse B seems rather dodgy, finding excuses to skip dates and missing calls, while at the same time offering bizarre replacement spots and times. Finally, Muse A absolutely blows up Muse B's phone with call after call, text after text, until finally they answer...but it's not Muse B.. The individual on the other end (optional Muse C) identifies as Muse B's spouse, something that Muse A never saw coming... - [song inspiration]
Muse A is full of all sorts of hopes and inspirations, diving straight into the unforgiving world with intentions of being the next big star. Naive to just what they have to face, they seem to have a big break early on, which is where they meet Muse B. Things weren't as fortunate for Muse B as they had been for Muse A, never finding agents or hook-ups like Muse A has been. Will Muse B be selfless and help Muse A with everything they'd experienced, or will greed get in the way and see Muse B seeing to sabotage the other?
Muse A and Muse B have been in a relationship for awhile, known by their friends as (high school/college) sweethearts. They were planning on taking the next step in their lives together, when they come face to face with a truly challenging event. Muse A is involved in a car accident, and although they survive, they're never the same again. They are disfigured as a result of their injuries and are unable to look past their own face to see the fortune that was them surviving. Muse B, try as they might, cannot get Muse A to see that what's happened hasn't hurt them, suddenly being pushed further and further away by Muse A. Muse B knows they just need support and that soon they'll see how silly they're being; that nothing will change how they feel, struggling to provide that support while painfully watching Muse A fall apart. [Song Inspiration ]
Muse A and B (same gender) find each other through mutual friends at a party. Both recently out of relationships, they jokingly comment that they're through with (men/women) because of how much hassle they've been. As the night unfolds, one thing leads to another. The following morning, realizing just what has happened, they're faced with the decision to either pretend nothing happened or explore this territory they've never experienced before. *Optional* One Muse comes from a religiously strict family and is dealing with the added fact that if this became known, they'd be ridiculed and possibly even disowned. [Song Inspiration]
Muse A and B run into each other in a crowded public place - literally. While such a collision generally spurs on apologies from both sides, Muse A sees that their apology, the only one that was given, seems ignored by Muse B. Raised on strict discipline regarding manners, Muse A tries yet again, and while Muse B is within reach, gets nothing in return but a smile. Growing slightly frustrated and feeling borderline insulted, Muse A opens their mouth to speak again before Muse B stops them with a simple gesture. Muse B points to their ears and shakes their head with an apologetic look on their face, causing Muse A to feel horrible about their assumptions once the less than obvious fact is being into the light - Muse B is deaf.
Muse A and Muse B were once sweetest couple but time changed and they ended, as many relationships do. Unknown to either of them, the other never stopped having feelings, but assumed they had, masking their own. Months/years later they stumble across each other. Will a romance light again, or will their own fear or stubbornness leave the truth hidden? - Based on Over You by Spill the Canvas. I envision a lot of internal dialogue in this.
After a devestating blow to their numbers, a pack of werewolves is in dire need of assistance. There is an opposing force (to be determined) in the area that they cannot face alone, and another encounter alone would be end of their reign. They must band up with a rival pack if they want any chance to survive, but will the rival pack be willing to risk it's own members? - Lots of action, drama, and even a chance at some romance ♥
A wealthy pair individually contacts two university students with an unusual request. Unable to have children of their own, they offer Muse A and Muse B a handsome figure for an exchange of the offspring they have always wanted. The Muses, selected for their favorable qualities, aren't to speak a word to another or the agreement is off. Can the two strangers get past their differences with a payoff so large?
Muse A is the daughter of a man with a serious gambling problem. He’s a sweet man, always doting on Muse A with her favorite books and rare flowers, but he’s up to his ears in debt after borrowing money from the wrong people. One afternoon, Muse A’s father is confronted by Muse B, the ruthless crime boss of the city. Few people have ever seen Muse B’s face, as his henchmen usually do his dirty work, but everyone knows his name and cowers in fear appropriately. Muse A’s father owes Muse B a considerable debt, which he cannot pay. Rather than kill the man, Muse B offers a trade – the man's beautiful daughter in exchange for the forgiveness of his financial debts. He has one night to make this deal happen or Muse B will come for him. When Muse A’s father explains the predicament to her, she is willing to go, as long as it ensures the safety of her family and her father promises to put an end to his troublesome gambling habits. Muse A moves in to Muse B’s mansion outside of town the following day. From the moment Muse A arrives, Muse B is on his best behavior, lavishing her with gifts – a library wing for her, a pretty garden filled with the finest, imported roses – jewelry, and so on. Gradually, Muse A comes to see that Muse B isn’t a horrible person, behind closed doors, but the circumstances of their arrangement (and the terrible crimes he commits as a crime boss) make it difficult for her to fall in love with him as he’s fallen in love with her. - Found on Plots for All
While driving home on a quiet backstreet, Muse A spots a wounded animal on the side of the road. Having a soft spot for suffering creatures, Muse A pulls over and scoops the animal up into the backseat of their car. Muse A drives home with the good intention of nursing the poor animal back to health, unaware that the animal (Muse B) is really a shapeshifter. After making a comfortable place for Muse B to sleep, Muse A heads off to bed. By morning, Muse B is feeling a bit better and they shift back into their human form just as Muse A enters the room to check up on them. Muse B tries their best to explain what’s going on without terrifying Muse A. According to shapeshifter law, Muse B now owes Muse A their loyalty and must stay with them until the debt is repaid. - On Plots for All, posted by ladylos
The night was young and the thrill of romance found Muse A in an environment they wouldn’t normally venture into, generally reserved and an introvert of the most extreme variety. Fate would have it that they were granted a wish for the night: to have the confidence and charisma they’d never had in hopes of finding a partnering soul. Little did Muse A know but the force who granted this wish required payment. Muse B, vain and well aware of it, finds themselves with none other than Muse A as the night progresses. Could this have been what the stars had in mind? As the night draws to a close and the confidence begins to falter, so does Muse B’s well-being and health. Did a night they would never forget need to end in morning that they can’t remember? - Muse B can be struck with a number of ailments, cancer, amnesia, etc, just something that’s going to bring reuniting difficult with their persona. [Song Inspiration ]
"Maybe we could hold on for one sec, so we could keep this tension in check..."
Muse A and Muse B work together in a very close environment. There's an obvious connection between the two of them, but both will swear up and down 'it's not like that'. They also continually find that when one of them is single, the other isn't, so even if there were feelings neither admits to, they'd never be able to admit it aloud without ruining the others relationship. Tension builds and the timing is never right - is friendship enough?
[Muse A] and [Muse B] are self-proclaimed soulmates, just starting on their path to happiness together. The two young lovers only see the light in each others eyes, immune to the world around them. Despite please from loved ones, they decide to embark on a getaway together, ghosting their responsibilities to find refuge hours from their homes. [Muse A] was walking about the property one day when a silvery pool caught their attention, drawing them near. Leaning closer to examine this bizarre decoration that wasn't present before, the find themselves inhaled by the liquid and plucked from our world into an unknown universe. Around them, creatures they couldn't explain or even fathom were closing in, numbing eyes glaring into their soul. [Muse A] shrieks. Outside the pool, [Muse B] heard the cries of despair, frantically searching around in an attempt to find [Muse A]. The come upon the shimmering pond, eyes wide as the image of [Muse A] could be seen in the reflection rather than themselves. Can they dive into the unknown when their beloved is in danger? Song Inspiration

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The constant ringing of metal against metal, sharp and clashing, echoed through the hallways of the enamored palace, coming from a training arena. Within its confines, the blazing hair of the Lioness flitted about as she spun from direction to the other. Engaged in practice swordplay with one of the soldiers who had boasted a bit too loudly that he couldn’t be beaten, the two were locked in a heated engagement, overlooked by the ever-present Wrath. The lion was stretched along a wall, his massive form relaxed as his golden orbs followed the movement lazily.

Aslandria’s gold encrusted long sword flew about in fluid and precise movements, sunlight catching off the freshly polished blade and reflecting on to the walls around them. The encounter had been going on for well over twenty minutes, and it appeared to be enough to wear down the soldier and his gloating tongue. Both had sweat dripping along their brow as they were locked in a constant cycles of attacks and blocks, each learning the other's habits shortly into the fight. He had a clear advantage of height and force against her, but her smaller frame left her quick on his feet, prone to fading away from his assaults and switching the direction they moved in.

His broadsword slashed diagonally directly after blocking an upward attack of her own, aiming at her left thigh that was forward. Growing bored of his repetitive behavior, she faded away from attack, using her blade to shed his rather than stop it. His sword hit with incredible force that she quickly abandoned. Tightening her grip on the hilt, she pulled her blade away for a moment, bringing it down quickly in a butterfly arc and slicing into the soldier’s arm. The unexpected change had made him lose his footing and in turn his arm. Aslandria couldn’t help but watch with amusement as he realized the mistake he had made, the corners of her lips turned up in a smile.

“My arm!” he cried out, dropping his sword to grab the limb that was freely spurting blood on the floor. “Why in the hell would you do that? This was a practice round, you imbecile of a witch!” From the corner where he lazed, a rolling growl sounded from Wrath, amused, with his equivalent of a laugh. ‘You always pick the most foolish targets.’

“That I do,” the Lioness muttered, although the amusement of her companion didn’t echo on her face. Insults were the spark that set her ablaze, and it only seemed fitting that she return the favor to the loose-tongued, dimwit before her. “If you can’t survive a practice, you hardly deserve a true battle.Besides, it’s been too long since I’ve killed. I’ve grown bored.”

“You can’t just cut off someone’s arm when you’re bored!” he hissed at her, cussing as he fought the light-headedness.

“You’re right...that’s hardly helped to entertain me,” she agreed, glistening hues focused on him while her smile returned. Sheathing her sword, she gestured with a gloved hand, as if shooing him, an amethyst mist seeping from her hand. Within an instant, the mist closed the gap, furling around the soldier and paralyzing him just as flames erupted over his entire body. A look of utter terror echoed in his eyes as he was unable to fight or scream, his body collapsing on the ground.

‘You aren’t the only one who’s bored, you know,’ Wrath commented, rising from his resting place and padding over to her side. “Well you can eat him if you’d like,” she offered, drawing her hand inward and calling the hungry flames back to her. ‘You know how I feel about burnt food. Besides, flesh is best when raw.’

Shaking her head, she walked away from him, tussling her messy curls. It still wasn’t enough, nothing was enough. The Lioness had paced up and down the hallways dozens of times since they had been summoned back to the palace, as restless as a caged animal. Their mission hadn’t been entirely fulfilled, but after finding just one Janguine, they were forced to obey the Emperor’s commands and for what? She was forced in this nearly domestic setting while the rebellion scum were out flaunting about. The very thought made her enraged to the point she was nearly nauseous. “It’s NOT enough!” she bellowed in frustration, upsetting a rack of practice swords, the shout and clang of them scattering about echoing through the halls.

As the tantrum of the fiery redhead settled down, the familiar ringing voice of Malice traveled down the halls, catching Wrath’s attention while Aslandria was still absorbed in her own thoughts. Looking from the charcoaled remains of the bumptious soldier up to his companion, the lion gained her attention. ‘The Empress is calling for everyone to the throne room. It seems Kalizir has lost his patience,’ he commented in a nonchalant manner, shaking his vast mane.

“Well I’m glad it’s not just me,” the Lioness muttered, but knew she couldn’t keep her lieges waiting. Heading toward the hallway, she was quickly met by the bumbling moron of a chambermaid she had been assigned. The brainless buffoon was laden with a basket and was frantically rushing to meet up with her, a brush in hand. Aslandria grunted in response, knowing how vital appearances at court were, and that her own state was not the best. She stopped long enough for the maid to attempt to tame the rebellious curls and musk the smell of sweat from her duel before she continued to the throne room, Wrath padding along beside her.

Dressed in a forest green silk gown that flowed around her natural curves, revealing most of her back and a slit along her right leg that traveled to mid-thigh with golden embroidery, she was uncomfortable to say the least. Had the attire not been required for such a formal gathering, she would still be in her leather leggings and tunic, not stuffed into a corset like a torture device. She was not a creature of the court lifestyle, but would behave as instructed, an obedient arm of the throne.

The two entered the throne room late, just as many of their guests became puddles of mess, a sight Aslandria wasn’t phased by. Thankfully, Wrath had relayed the conversation they missed as they walked, commenting on the scene around them. ‘I wish someone would tell him that this is really a waste of perfectly good meat…’ Once more ignoring the requests to be vocalized by the pompous lion, she approached the royal family with a nod of her head. “Emperor, Empress,” she said to each in turn before emerald eyes flicked to Kalizir, remaining on his face as she spoke. “I would be honored if such a task was bestowed upon me. I know that...others...have failed prior requests, and I can assure you that I wouldn’t allow such humiliation to repeat itself on you or your wife.”

Thunder cracked in the distance as the city quickly became drenched by the downpour that followed, although little could be done to stop the monotonous daily routines of it’s inhabitants. Windshield wipers and umbrellas were quickly wielded to allow the day to continue on with little to no notice of the gentle storm that brewed. Even those who were out in the elements seemed determined not to let the change in weather get in their way, moving quickly and with their heads down, blissfully unaware of so much around them. A small, rickety shelter that loomed over a worn sign now reading ‘PUS STOI ‘ was gradually filling with a variety of individuals, waiting for their daily commute.
A young girl who was being lead around by a woman who barely seemed old enough to be a mother fought for her attention. The woman, eyes glued to the illuminated screen of her mobile phone made passive comments, but did not engage the child. Sighing, the rosey-cheeked girls attention turned to a tall man who leaned up against a corner of the shelter. Dressed in a black shirt with a v-neck and casual jeans, with little to shelter him from the rain but a black knit hat, he seemed odd. Her mother busy, the child approached the young man.
“Why don't you have a coat on?” she asked, wide eyes glancing at his arms, shrined from his wrists to where the sleeves stopped view. The young man, who had been observing the situation, one ear deaf to the world from music, offered a sideways smile to the girl.
“I guess I'm just not as smart as you when it comes to planning ahead,” he offered with a chuckle, one hand rubbing along his temple where a few ginger locks had managed to break free of his cap.
“Nah, my mom just made me,” she answered with a shrug of her shoulders, seemingly already bored of the topic. “How come your arms are all covered in tattoos?”
He didn't answer immediately, although he should have been able to. After all, it was a question he was frequently asked. Many people not only pondered why he had chosen such an undeniable life choice, especially as young as he was, but others even chastised him for it. “I have so many tattoos because I have so many stories I want to tell,” he finally settled on.
The young girl wasn't satisfied, and she pressed further, even taking a step closer to examine the art more closely. “If you want to tell a story, why not just write it down? Wouldn't that work just as well.”
He chuckled again, amused by the naive child who clearly showed the beginning of curiosity that could open doors for her. “Sometimes, we have stories we want to tell, but words don't always exist to tell the story for us. That is where art comes in.”
James didn't even know if he could attempt to describe the sensations that were pounding. His initial emotion had been relief, seeing her alive and moving, albeit still beaten and struggling for survival, it had meant he hadn't lost her. She was his ray of hope, and the moment her eyes opened it had sent a surge of promise for the future through them.
Now, that promise was flaking away like a decaying corpse, piece by piece falling away as the realization sunk in. She was suffering some sort of a memory loss, something he recognized without any degree or training. Amnesia, they called it? Maybe these things could just be temporary and some day everything would be alright. It was the type of forced optimism he had to swallow if he didn't want to drown in self pity.
Those beautiful, beautiful eyes looked up at him and James could practically feel how lost she felt. It hurt him more than her not recognizing him, and made him realize he needed to stop worrying about himself and be strong while she was so weak. "No, no. It's fine Reina," he said with a choked voice and exhausted smile. "Everything is going to be fine. These doctors are going to take good care of you, and we'll get you back to yourself soon. I promise."

If you have an idea that's not at all related to what's listed above, feel free to message me and let me know what you've got in mind. I'm very eager to find someone with paralleled interests. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or ideas you have of your own!
Also, I promise I'm not intimidating. In fact, here's another red panda as proof:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
So, looking to add a bit to my writing.
Something to keep in mind if you find yourself interested is that I'm currently eight and a half months pregnant. As much as I love writing, there are times when I just need to nap and drool away after a full day of work. I don't want to offer promises of how many posts per day etc, but I will stay in communication. I'm also expecting to have quite a bit of downtime once I'm on maternity leave, so that can potentially pick up posting frequencies.

I'm fine writing on thread, PM or in Discord. I like to think of myself as flexible, and look for the same from any partners.

If you're interested, please feel free to reach out via message.

Looking for a solid partner or two to fill in down time! See the above but know it's not all-inclusive. I do have a strong preference for fantasy, but it's not necessary if the plot is strong enough.
Update: I did have my little buttercup (just a few days after making the last post, actually) so he can slow things down now and then. I'll still force myself to commit to a post a day, more when time should allow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back