Anime & Manga Cliches in Anime/Manga: Good or Bad?

Okay may I say one thing, most of the anime you describe in your post are harem. So idk if guy going to another world and having a bunch of females fall in love with him is so much a trope as it is the plot for a harem. If you got rid of that then you'd have far less possibility for harem anime. Which I agree they are totally predictable, but I don't watch them to predict the plot. I watch them so I can bust a gut when the females wail on the male protagonist for accidentally being a perv. When it comes to fansevice the only kind I like is the uneccisary stuff like ecchie (or however it's spelt) if you're going to make an anime where you actually show the nudity that's fine. Just don't ruin the plot by having the females suddenly be naked after taking a single hit!!! It's ridiculous! Which if I wasn't so lenient on the anime I watched I'd have dropped several anime because of this. But I agree about the useless male protagonist. I find it hard to believe that with all these super strong females, the male is so weak. I mean sure they eventually get stronger, (sometimes) but it's usually like a one time thing, or something they don't know how to control very well. To be honest i can probably predict most stuff in anime. Which is why I wish there were more and like future diary, or Another. Because those really surprised me, which most anime can't do. But as I've said tropes, and even cliches can be good. So long as you don't expect to much going into the anime, and they don't over do it with the nudity xD. I find if you just try to enjoy the ride everything works out. Also yeah

Ehhh...Maybe I'll give it another try. Does the main character come off as less of a creep as the series progresses? Or at least does someone call him out on it?

I also haven't watched Fairy Tale, for the very different reason that...I don't have the attention span to watch a show over 200 episodes. OTL
I'm going to have to agree, totally should watch Seven deadly sins. It's great, not really heavy on the fan service. Also I'd suggest maybe waiting until the third episode before you drop and anime. Otherwise you miss out on alot of good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back