• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Clear Crimson Mirror | Private

Ayumi's eyes opened once more when his lips parted from her own, but the expression upon his face was not one she had expected to see. Her amber gaze looked momentarily puzzled as she took in his rather sad expression though it softened as his hands came up to frame her face. Ayumi held his gaze as his fingers stroked her skin and then trailed over her lips. It was then she began to understand. Even still, his mind would not yield any memories of her from before. He had spoken before of feeling like she was familiar to him yet being unable to recall much of her. She knew it must be hard, and frustrating, to know that you had a connection with someone before yet unable to remember why or how deeply that connection ran. She remained still as his fingers moved across her skin, letting him seemingly memorize her as her gaze remained on his own.

It was at his words that Ayumi's heart moved for him even more. While Byakuren's gaze had softened, sadness still rang in his voice. He wanted to reconnect with her, yet her own fear of losing him was held by him for her. He was afraid to lose her all over again, evident by his rampage prior. While the rampage had been for her physical being and her life, it still held true that her life and the memory of her was something Byakuren feared losing. Her own gaze softened into soft sympathy as she felt his fingers move to the edge of her clothing, seeing a somber look take over his gaze as he seemed to be trying so hard to remember her. How frustrated he must be within his own mind.

Moving gently, Ayumi shifted to face him fully, her body coming up to straddle his lap in order to do so. A light blush took hold of her cheeks at her actions, yet a soft determination lit her gaze as looked at Byakuren. Ayumi moved her hands to gently cup the back of his neck. "You told me before that you weren't going to leave me again, remember?" she asked softly, her words being followed by a soft smile. "Well, it's my turn to tell you that I am not going anywhere either." Her thumbs began to move along the back of Byakuren's neck in slow motions. "I know right now you can't recall me..." Her amber gaze saddened slightly as the words left her lips, though she knew that it wasn't his fault. While he was frustrated with the state of his mind, Ayumi also had to learn to move along with this block that he seemed to possess. "And I know that my promise of not going anywhere may be weaker since I am a human after all..." Again, Ayumi was reminded of how weak she truly was in this realm, yet her determination came forth once more.

"But despite these things, I will do whatever I can to make sure that I remain here with you. Including up here," she said as one hand came to gently tap at his temple. "While our past together is fuzzy right now, we'll make new memories that you can hold to until I return to your mind again." Glancing down, she took hold of his hand that had been at the edge of her clothing before and gently guided it up to rest just above her heart, brushing her collar bone. Heat took hold of her skin once more, though she tried to ignore it. "As long as my heart still beats, I will make sure that I am not disappearing from you again."

(Will respond soon, so sorry about the super long wait. I meant to respond as soon as I could but just enrolled in college and it has been eating up my free time, only recently had I been able to have some free time to spare since it's reaching the end of the semester. I might be able to get up a lengthy response sometime today considering you had to wait so long >.<)

OMG I have missed you!!!!!! I understand the long hiatus. I got my bachelors degree and started a Masters program, and I got my own classroom to teach so I was in college and learning how to be a proper teacher so my free time vanished. I haven't been on for a while either but just recently learned how to juggle everything to get some free time. I am soooo glad you are back though!!!

(Nice! Congrats on finishing your bachelors! I just started my AA degree a few months ago I believe? But thank you though! Hopefully I might be back permanently without any more hiatus's, my health has been relatively good lately, it's just college in general that I'm trying to get used to. I missed writing since I haven't been able to do much of it for most of the year, so I'm feeling fired up!)

Byakuren could barely meet her gaze, unable to bring himself to. Although losing his memories of her was no fault of his own, he still felt responsible. She didn't deserve someone who could barely remember meeting her, only going off of fleeting emotions he could no longer remember exactly why he would feel such a way. His expression had become relatively pained as he spotted the sadness in her amber eyes. If only he could chase the sorrow away, to reassure her with remembrance... but his mind would not yield him the answers he desperately desired. If he wasn't trying to fixate upon her words, he perhaps would be drowning in self-loathing. It was then, however that Ayumi's bold declaration had caught his attention.

Her words struck a cord within his heart, a wellspring of emotion he wasn't sure how he could describe. As she had moved his hand to rest above his heart, he felt the thrum of life underneath his fingers, as well as a heat that flowed from her skin. His own heart had thrummed in response, each heart beat increasing as he murmured, "I'm going to keep you to that promise." Brilliant crimson met her amber gaze, his expression was tender though there was some turmoil in the depths of his eyes that couldn't be chased away, at the very least not for some time. He was well aware that Ayumi was a human being, that her life was never to be guaranteed, and he could lose her at any moment if he wasn't vigilant nor careful... but for once he wanted to believe that she would forever be at his side. The thought of her being lost to him forever had given him despair and rage he had never known before, he wasn't sure he could possibly bear to go through that again... a pain he had put her through, at least he recalled that much.

Guilt gnawed at his stomach, though he forced himself to push away the sensation before it could overwhelm him. The oni's hands moved, arms encircling Ayumi's body and drawing her close to him. His own body heat seemed to intensify, his skin almost as if it were burning, his lips pressed against the side of her throat, his whisper coming soon after, "Because, I don't want to let go of you. Never." Possessiveness had surged within the oni, though this wasn't out of the norm as he had shifted their position, cradling Ayumi underneath him as he had forced his rather pained expression to become more teasing as if to brush aside his previous gloom. Now was not the time to allow himself to give into any sort of grief; if they were to make new memories, he would rather them drown in ones of happiness and pleasure rather than sorrow. "Now, if we are to make happy memories, we'd might as well start." His hand had grasped a hold of hers, turning her palm upward as he planted a soft kiss upon it, though his crimson eyes never left her own, "...Though, that would depend on what happy memories you would want." His words were teasing, wrapped up within a soft purr as the tip of his tongue soon licked upon the place where he had kissed her palm, being as careful as he possibly could. He was well aware he was far stronger than he had ever been before, if he didn't take care, she would be crushed effortlessly... and the very thought sent chills through his blood.

Ayumi felt a small smile begin to spread on her lips as he murmured he would hold her to that promise. She had every intention of keeping that promise, as best as she could at least in this world. Her arms moved to grasp a hold of him as he pulled her close, her body feeling the heat that he was giving off. It was so different now from when she had first met him. It felt like an entire lifetime ago, and yet she could still recall how cold he had once felt. Now, she craved having him so close. She had lived through having lost him once. She had every intention of trying to make sure that she did not lose him again. She let out a soft breath as she felt his soft kisses upon her neck, her head turning slightly as if to welcome his kisses.

She felt Byakuren shift as he moved to lay her down, supporting himself above her. Her amber eyes looked up at his crimson one, watching as it began to turn teasing. Her arms had remained around his neck from where they had been, and her fingers began to move along the back of his neck once more as he spoke of making memories. That was until he had grabbed ahold of one, proceeding to kiss her palm. Her heart fluttered in her chest at the action, her breath hitching slightly as she felt her lips on her skin once more. She listened to the purr that came with his words, her own small smile beginning to form. Her still drying hair fanned out beneath her head.

Her amber eyes seemed to drink in his every motion, his very being. "My happy memories," she murmured softly, "started when you came back to me." Her other hands came down from his neck, tracing over his collar bone and down onto his chest. Her hand rested gently over his heart as she felt the beating beneath her fingers, her smile growing at the feeling. "But Byakuren," she whispered softly, "Is that your heart racing I feel?" Of course, despite her attempts to tease, her own heart was racing and her own skin betrayed her as it grew red at their intimate position.

Her words had caused a more gentle smile to touch Byakuren's face. For her to say such a thing had made his heart react, feeling as if it had leapt within his chest before beating so much faster. The adoration he held for her swelled within him, though this was tinged with excitement as he felt the path of her hand as it trailed from his neck and made its way over his collarbone and rested upon his chest. Skin burning at her touch, the oni's breathing seemed to quicken as the bright crimson of his eyes seemed to almost darken with lust as his body leaned closer to her own, his voice coming in a soft purr at her attempt to tease him, "If my heart is racing, I have you to blame for that." Byakuren chuckled at the redness of her skin, the sight was familiar he felt.

"Speaking of racing hearts, how about your skin? You're practically glowing." He snickered as his lips had pressed softly against her cheek, a deep, rumbling purr coming forth from his chest, "..Your heart beat is loud and clear to my own ears." He could hear her heart beat as if it were his own, his lips coming to kiss upon her collarbone, gentle and soft kisses pressed against her skin as his fingers snagged upon the edge of the collar of her clothing, teasingly dragging it down just enough so that his lips could press softly just above where her heart would be. The sound of her heart beat was almost hypnotic to him, accompanied by her familiar, sweet smell filling his senses. If he hadn't been in complete control of himself, he perhaps would have lost it then. Instead, the oni was taking his time, his other hand coming to play with her hair, something that he often liked to do as he had shifted so that he could look directly in her eyes before planting a soft, tender kiss upon her lips.

He didn't think he could ever grow tired of kissing Ayumi, and odd feeling but it was one he was certain he had felt before. How could he possibly bring himself to ever stop? Byakuren's kisses didn't change to aggressive immediately, instead it seemed like he was content to take his time with enjoying the moment with her. Of course, he was leaving Ayumi to do as she wished, after all in the rare moment of peace, it was a welcome reprieve from the war that was engulfing the current world. For now, they were apart from the world, in one of their own.

A light giggle escaped Ayumi as Byakuren spoke of having her to blame for racing hearts. When was the last time she had laughed? It was hard for her to find a clear memory of it, but of course, it was growing hard for her to keep her thoughts together at the moment anyway. As Byakuren seemed to tease with her clothing, Ayumi heard his words about her skin. "Well, I was never really good at hiding my expressions, was I?" she asked softly, her voice becoming breathy as she felt his lips on the skin at the location of her heart. Her thoughts proceeded to become fuzzier and fuzzier as his kisses kept coming.

She felt his hand come to play with her hair, Ayumi leaning her head back gently as she breathed in. Her eyes gently shut as Byakuren moved his kisses to her lips, allowing herself to finally let go of a bit of control. The world around them, the tent, and the camp beyond were slowly vanishing from her thoughts. At this moment, she was simply slipping into the feeling of her and Byakuren. This was something she had been convinced would not happen again when she lost him on that beach.

Ayumi's hands moved down Byakuren's body, her fingers dancing along his sides until they came to rest at his hips. Briefly, Ayumi pulled back just slightly to breathe in, her eyes lidded as lust began to form in her usually innocent gaze. "Tell me we won't be interrupted again," she murmured, her body pressing gently against his own. It was so rare for them to have these moments now. While Ayumi understood why these moments were far and few between, she also wished to relish in this time they were sharing. She had him back, she could feel his touch, feel his kiss, and have him near. The last thing she wanted right now was for all of this to vanish at a moment's notice just like before.

Byakuren's lips curved up in a smile, though he could feel some of his self-control beginning to slip at the lust that sparked within her eyes. A bit of laughter had left his lips as he murmured, "I don't hear anyone approaching, so I think we should be uninterrupted for awhile-" His sentence broke off as she had pressed her body against his, his blood beginning to run hot within his veins as a shuddering exhaled left his lips, temporarily causing his bit of amusement to fade as his gaze seemed a bit more intense than it had been before, a tinge of a smile struggling to remain upon his features, "You really are trying my patience, Ayumi." His hands came to frame her face, his body now unable to part from hers, "I almost can't hold myself back anymore." This no longer was teasing, as he seemed quite serious.

It had been certainly far too long since Byakuren had been connected or intimate with Ayumi in anyway, not since the carriage ride three years prior. Even if he had forgotten, his body certainly hadn't. Every muscle was coiled in anticipation, his breathing was a tad bit faster than normal and of course his skin was hot to the touch. "Though, at this point I think you're trying to push my self-control over the edge." He had added that with a purr of amusement as his lips came down upon hers again, once and twice then the oni had suddenly moved so that Ayumi was above him, his hands coming up to his own tunic and pulling it off from him, revealing his torso. Looking upon his torso, it was obvious the changes that had been done to him by the mirror, still a bit shocking of course compared to his more lean and skinny frame before his oni blood had been awakened. No longer showing the extent of torture he had endured to being underweight, instead his muscles twitched and rippled with every movement he made, although signs of Osamu's torture still remained upon his figure.

Scars of many shapes and sizes still marred his skin from his torture underneath Osamu's captivity. The mirror hadn't taken those away and only had taken away the obvious life-threatening injury which Izumi's sword had pierced through his torso. All that remained of the injury was a very, very light scar, barely noticeable among the countless other scars the oni had crossing among his body. A memento of his suffering, even if he couldn't remember anything clearly. Byakuren's hand had come up to rest upon Ayumi's cheek, thumb gently brushing against her skin as he purred, "If you are so determined to push my self-control to the limit, then I suppose it is only fair to let you do as you wish." He was teasing her a bit, certainly giving her a rather taunting expression upon his face. His pale skin was slightly tinged with red, granted it could easily be missed if someone wasn't looking close enough.

Ayumi heard Byakuren's word cut off as her body had pressed against his own, a small grin gracing her lips. It wasn't often that she had an effect on the oni she had come to love. Usually, it was the other way around. Hearing by his own admission that his patience was being tested proved further the effect she seemed to be having on him. His kisses following came quickly before he suddenly moved, Byakuren changing positions as Ayumi felt herself being put on top. A small squeak escaped her at the sudden change, though she watched as his tunic left his body to reveal the muscles and scars underneath.

Ayumi heard Byakuren's words as her eyes traveled over his form. Her eyes took in the many scars he had accumulated over the years, though the deadliest injury seemed to have been reduced to a light scar among the others. Her fingers trailed from one scar to the next, recalling how much pain and suffering Byakuren had endured in life. And yet, he was still so different from when they first met. He was also so different from his brother and his father despite the harsh hand he had been dealt.

Ayumi returned her amber gaze to Byakuren's as she tilted her head ever so slightly. "This is a change for you," she said with a soft smile as she kissed him for just a moment before pulling away to hover just inches above his lips. "I thought you liked being in charge?" Playfulness began to seep into the woman's voice as she gently moved her own clothing offer her shoulders, having it hang teasingly just over her chest. Her gaze stayed on his as her hands moved upward, her memories recalling some advice that she had received so long ago. A similar moment of peace had been given to them when she made attempt on the advice she had been given.

Ayumi's fingers began to gaze Byakuren's horns, light as a feather and teasing in nature. Yumi's teasing words about oni's horn and Byakuren's reaction all those years ago danced in her memory. "Is it my turn to attempt to tease you now?" she teased, though this was a new experience for her. Ayumi was not one to normally take charge of much and, when Byakuren was concerned, she was used to giving him the lead of nearly everything. It would seem that he was changing the roles for the moment. In the back of her mind, however, Ayumi did hope that her actions would please Byakuren. Even if he couldn't recall her, Byakuren was her mate. They were bound together and he could feel that without his memories. As Byakuren's mate, Ayumi did hope to be able to please him.

A chuckle left Byakuren after she had kissed him; Ayumi had pointed out this was indeed a change for him. Even if he couldn't particularly recall any other romantic moment with her, he didn't see any reason to doubt her. After all, the norm was for him to lead and tease her in these situations; but for now he was content to allow her to do as she pleased. A change in pace was never unwelcome after all, it could be enough to keep the oni on his toes. And he was a tiny bit curious to see what Ayumi would do.

"Hm... normally I assume I do. But, consider this a reward, you perhaps won't get another chance like this again. There is no telling if we might be interrupted." He said these words with a rather amused tone as his attention remained quite focused on the human now settled on top of him. His attention snapped immediately to her clothing, seeing as she had moved it teasingly to where it rested upon her shoulders. A familiar tinge of hunger had come to the oni's gaze as he had nearly reached out to grab the fabric and fully disrobe her, but he forced himself to hold back. After all, his curiosity was still winning out over any lust he was feeling at the moment... even if it was just barely.

What he didn't expect was for her fingers to lightly trail over his horns. Just the faintest touch had caused Byakuren's breath to hitch in his throat, a light tingling sensation flowing through his body at her soft touch. His thoughts almost felt free to scatter, but it seemed for now Ayumi had managed to get a rather mild reaction from him as he struggled to regain his composure, a light dusting of red was upon his cheeks as he teased, "You may try, though I have my doubts you'll be able to get too far."

Though this was an all too obvious bluff. The oni's horns were quite the weakness for him, and even he knew this much. If a light touch was enough to make the oni react, further pressure would perhaps completely make Byakuren lose his composure. It was rare as it was for the oni to show such a different side of himself, so this certainly was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Ayumi's eyes were focused on Byakuren's reactions as her fingers danced over his horns, smiling softly to herself as she witness the small changes he was showing. She heard his breathing hitch as her fingers only lightly touched his horns, remembering how sensitive they were to oni. She heard his words about not being able to get far, though she could see the light dusting that was beginning to take hold of his pale skin. She smiled teasingly at his words, kissing him gently before her own light laughter escaped. "Oh, won't I?" she asked softly before her fingers left his horns for just a moment to grab ahold of his hands.

Ayumi gently began to shift her clothing to allow his hands to slip under with ease. Her skin ignited in red, yet she continued despite this new experience. Ayumi had never quite done something like this before so, naturally, her skin would reveal how new she was to all of this. Ayumi moved Byakuren's hands under her own clothing, guiding them to rest upon her hips and thighs. She bit her bottom lip gently at the feel of having his hands on her bare skin, her breathing growing slightly faster at the sensation. While she had been touched by him before in their time in the carriage, this was far more drawn out than that time.

Her hands, having settled his upon her hips, began to travel up his arms as they returned to their previous destination. Her body nestled gently against his, her clothing hardly remaining in the correct places any longer. Ayumi's fingers reached his horns once more, applying a little more pressure this time as she moved to place gently kisses upon the sides of his neck. Her fingers trailed up and down his horns, from tip to base, but never lingering too long in one spot as to keep him guessing where her fingers would end up next. Her lips moved in a similar fashion upon his skin while she ensured to keep her body pressed against his own. She moved her head gently in order to hover above his lips once again, grinning slightly. "How's that?" she asked playfully, though her lips met his own before she expected him to answer.

(Happy Thanksgiving!)

Byakuren truly didn't know what to expect from Ayumi, though her gentle kiss had initially stopped him from saying anything, a purr rumbling in his throat before her teasing words came causing him to raise an eyebrow in bewilderment at her... only for her to grab hold of his hands. His confusion was temporary, as he watched her move his hands underneath her clothing, the weight of hands resting upon her hips, although he had easy access to her thighs as well if he desired to. This was a rather bold move, one that he wasn't sure if Ayumi had done such a thing before, but it certainly caught his interest as a smirk lay claim to his lips. In response, the oni had playfully rolled his hips upward, causing some friction between himself and her, though he only did so once, considering he was giving her time to do as she desired. But, his patience truly was slipping from his grasp as he felt her hands beginning to trail down his arms, sending tendrils of pleasure to flow underneath his skin. It was an intoxicating feeling, causing the oni's confident expression to temporarily falter.

The closeness of her body allowed him the opportunity for him to breathe in more of her sweet scent, a teasing smell that made his blood boil hotter in his veins. Of course, his body stiffened in reaction to her fingers coming in contact with his horns once more, a soft moan leaving his lips despite him desiring to stifle his reactions as much as he possibly could, her kisses were teasing the skin along his neck, causing him to tilt his head back to oblige her... however it was when she had begun to touch his horns, it was when he felt as if he were to go mad. The intense waves of pleasure that sent shocks through his body from his head to his toes made the oni's breathing become ragged, on the verge of panting as every kiss accompanied by her teasing fingers had made the oni's body react. No longer could he think, his thoughts of rationality - to be as careful as he possibly could with Ayumi, was quickly vanishing. The only thing he could think of was his intense desire to mate, it was driving him insane.

His helpless panting was growing more so intense as a red hue had fully laid claim to his cheeks, a startling contrast against his pale skin. His bright crimson eyes seemed, oddly a tint brighter than the bright hue that they had been before as she had asked him a question. He couldn't even comprehend the question, as all he could focus on was the sensations flowing through his body as Ayumi's lips met his own before he could regain his mind. It was then that the oni fully snapped. Byakuren's hands tightened upon her hips, moving her hips against his own, a growl tearing from his throat as his lips crushed against her own, demanding for more, although such a closed-mouth kiss could no longer satisfy him, instead he forced her mouth open so that his tongue could have access, though eventually this too no longer could satisfy the burning need raging within his chest. The oni withdrew his lips from her own, though not before his sharp teeth had nipped at her bottom lip, granted not too hard enough to draw blood. The last thing that was needed at this moment in time was for Byakuren to catch the taste of her blood, for he had completely lost his control.

From there, the oni shifted their positions again, now on top of Ayumi, his hand grabbed ahold of her clothes which were at this point barely able to stay in their proper place, his arm tensed as if he were to draw it away as he now spoke, his tone rough and no longer teasing, "I can't hold myself back anymore."

(Fade out and time skip? c: )

(Happy Thanksgiving!)

Ayumi listened as she heard his breathing turn towards ragged and the low growl that came from his throat. Her gaze looked over the red hue that came over his cheeks. A small smile played on her lips as she watched the transformation, almost surprised that she was able to have such an effect on Byakuren. But it would seem that the moment she kissed him, Byakuren lost all restraint towards her teasing. She felt him take control, feeling as he pressed her body closer to his and his mouth took over to deepen the kiss. Her own moan came from the combined actions and her breathing became heavy as he parted from her, biting her lower lip. Ayumi's eyes shut as she relished this feeling, her chest rising and falling, pressing against the slight covering of her clothing.

Ayumi felt her body move as Byakuren changed positions once more, her eyes opening to look up at him. She felt Byakuren take a hold of her clothing, hearing his words. She slowly nodded, her quick breathing being heard as she lifted a hand to touch the side of his face. "Than don't," she offered, her amber gaze slightly more intense with lust than it had been before. She also held no fear of the oni before her as her thumb moved along his cheek though her other hand grasped his now tense arm.

(Fade and time-skip sound great)

Byakuren was in a daze, the remnants of pleasure still causing small tremors to go through his body. However, such pleasure he felt was something that he dearly missed. The oni's crimson gaze wasn't particularly fixed upon anything at the moment, gazing off into empty space, granted he truly did desire more; it wouldn't be good for him to push Ayumi far past her limits. She was a mortal, and he was anything but. His stamina perhaps was even more so strengthened than the first time, perhaps due to the mirror's influence, it was all he could do to stop himself from taking things way too far and hurting her. Slowly, he could feel the remnants of pleasure beginning to fade, leaving him to be able to regain control of his thoughts.

He could feel the pelt of the tent underneath his back, though his brow furrowed as he felt tears that previously weren't there, causing him to look upon the pelt and realize that his own nail had effortlessly ripped through most of it through his pleasure-induced haze. This caused a sense of alarm to go through him, turning his attention to Ayumi to check if she was indeed alright. The oni's hand moved to her side and brought her close to his own, wordlessly checking her over to see if he had perhaps done any sort of harm to her, but soon the oni relaxed as he let out a sigh of relief and planted a soft kiss upon her forehead, avoiding looking directly at her bare body unless he would lose control of himself again. He mumbled quietly, "I love you." Even if he could no longer remember their previous moments together, in this moment he could feel his heart swelling with nothing else but affection for the human he held in his arms.

Of course, he would normally want to spend the rest of their evening simply wrapped up in each others embrace, unwilling to leave this moment with her. But, it was slowly dawning on him what they had done, and due to them not having as much privacy as a carriage, their current location being a tent... it made him feel a tinge of embarrassment. No doubt the two would receive quite the amount of stares and whispers surrounding them if they were to leave their tent eventually, it wasn't as if the tent was the best soundproof place to be. Nonetheless, it was to be expected, so there was no point in worrying too much on something that they couldn't do much about now. "..We should get dressed, unless you'd prefer if we'd not?" A bit of a teasing tone had returned to his voice, his hand coming to rest upon her cheek, his eyes meeting her own as his thumb lightly rubbed circles upon her soft skin.

Ayumi was still as she laid beside Byakuren, her breathing beginning to finally slow as she listened to Byakuren's breathing. Her eyes were currently shut as she simply listened to the growing quiet around them, her body still feeling the warmth of their moment together. A small smile came to her lips as she let out a gentle sigh. Happiness was the only thing on her mind at the moment, simply relishing in their time together.

Her amber gaze opened slightly as she felt Byakuren pull her closer, watching as he seemed to be checking over her form. "I'm okay," she whispered lightly as she snuggled against his side, her hand laying across his chest. Her eyes shut as she felt his kiss on her forehead, smiling as they lay on the soft pelt. She heard his gentle words of him loving her, her heart fluttering at the words. "I love you too," she responded, her head shifting up in order to look at his face once again.

As Byakuren spoke of getting dressed once again, a light pout came across Ayumi's face. "I wish we didn't have to," she murmured softly, glancing around their peaceful little tent. To leave this moment, to leave the peaceful place they have made for themselves, would be returning to the horrible mess that is their reality now. "I wish we had more time like this." She planted a light kiss on his side, snuggling closer as she did so.

Her pouting at his words had made the oni laugh, "As do I." He had to agree, he certainly wouldn't mind staying like this with her, granted the longer they did stay like this, the chances are he would wind up pouncing on her again. As tempting as it was, they had other responsibilities they had to attend to. The world, and more importantly, Osamu wouldn't wait for them to be ready. A soft sigh left his lips as she had snuggled closer to his body, her kiss causing a faint tingle of pleasure to go through him as he chuckled, "You really are making it difficult for me to convince myself to move." His body shifted away from her own, sitting upright as he leaned over to grasp hold of his discarded clothes and once more pulling them securely around his frame. It was then that his eyes turned to Ayumi, a soft smile crossing his face as he then picked up her own clothes and handed them over to her, "Do get dressed, before I feel far too tempted to stop you." It was a mere tease of course, he knew that they needed to begin to prepare to leave soon, even if the tent had proven to be somewhat comfortable, they couldn't stay in the oasis for much longer.

On the outside of their tent, the oasis had settled into their evening routine, granted it had been somewhat altered due to the all too recent attack upon them. The inhabitants were mostly surrounding a tent toward the north, this being Fudo's tent. The oni had yet to awaken from his severe injury, and the oasis was in a panic, there was little that could possibly be said on their leader's condition until the tent flap had moved, with it Koki had appeared. The oni himself appeared ragged, his eyes showing nothing more than exhaustion as he faced the expectant expressions of his people. His lips tightened in a firm line as his eyebrows furrowed, lowering his gaze from their faces as he heard their concerned murmurs. "Silence, please." His voice rang with the weight of his exhaustion, raising a bloodied hand up which certainly caused the oasis to grow still.

"Fudo is resting, however I will not lie to you. His condition is..." His throat closed up, feeling as if it were hard to breathe as he could feel the atmosphere beginning to grow heavy, "..His condition... h-his condition has turned for the worst." A collective gasp came from the concerned crowd as panic flared behind the many eyes who were staring at him, some filled with tears, others having collapsed on the sands and whispering prayers to their guardian. And still others looked exhausted as he, empty eyes staring at him in disbelief. And Koki could do nothing to ease their fears, for he too felt the selfsame sorrow and pain in his chest regarding their steadfast leader throughout these centuries, one who had kept them centered and grounded. Seeing Fudo fighting for his life behind the tent's flaps behind him, his wounded shoulder being eaten away at... it was almost too much for him to even look upon it. He had done all that he could for him.

The somber mood was temporarily interrupted however by the sound of the large tent situated on the other side of the oasis where the Demon King and his human companion had retreated to. Koki's eyes took in the appearance of the Demon King as he stepped out, and almost immediately the oni couldn't stop himself but to approach, the crowd parting a pathway as Koki nearly stumbled over his own feet before collapsing to his knees before Byakuren, bowing his head to the oni and unable to bring himself to look the oni in the eyes as he spoke between clenched teeth, "I know I am overstepping many rites of tradition, but please I beseech of you. If you can do anything... anything, to save our leader, I do not care what I have to give to be able to have him alive and well. So please..." He could feel tears beginning to sting at his eyes as there was a desperation surging within his chest. He could already tell that Byakuren and his human had perhaps been intimate with each other, and normally he would have given them space - perhaps would have given the two a strange look, and he truly felt uncomfortable doing such a thing to them. But, there was no other option.

Byakuren wasn't sure how to react to the oni who was bowing before him in the sand. He could feel the heaviness of the oasis inhabitants staring at him, their gazes burning holes through him. Discomfort settled within the oni, but he forced himself to remain calm. The situation was sensitive as it was... even if he wasn't even sure if he could do anything for anyone at this moment in time. It seemed as if the world truly was immediately throwing problems at him as soon as he had taken a single step outside of the tent they had been provided.

Ayumi laughed softly as she heard Byakuren state that she was making it difficult for him to get up, shifting slightly as he sat up in order to watch him dress. Her amber gaze was soft and she let out a playful moan as he handed over her own clothes. "If you insist," she offered playfully in return to his words of having her get dressed. She knew that they couldn't stay here forever. The events that had happened prior did not simply disappear despite how much she may have wished they did. They would need to know how the camp was holding up now that the severe threat had been over now for a short time.

Ayumi gently arranged her clothing back onto her body, leaving the comfort of the pelts they had been given. She could see how torn they were now from Byakuren's claws, yet saw this as a reminder of how careful he was of her and keeping her from any harm. When her clothes were back on, Ayumi set to work in detangling her hair before they exited their tent. The thought that others would know what they had done embarrassed her slightly, but at the time, she had felt no worry in finally being able to be close to Byakuren again. However, now that time was past and she didn't dare walk out while her hair was a mess. By now it had dried thoroughly, and she gently used her fingers to brush it out so it hang in loose waves behind her shoulders. When she was certain she did not display the moment they had shared, Ayumi followed Byakuren as they exited their tent.

The sight that met them, however, was one she was hoping they wouldn't have been met with so quickly. Upon exiting, Ayumi recognized Koki as he came to bow at Byakuren's feet and begged him to save Fudo's life. Ayumi recalled when Fudo had acted like a shield in keeping her safe from Nori's beast that had found her when she was attempting to hide away during the attack. Placing a hand on Byakuren's arm, Ayumi stepped up to Byakuren's side. "Can we see him?" she asked gently, her heart going out to the man for having placed his own life in jeopardy in order to save her.

Byakuren's expression was grim as his gaze shifted from the bowing Koki, to the rest of the expectant crowd behind him; who also were at this point bowing to him, whispering prayers. It was an alien sight to his eyes, and it truly made him uncomfortable. This discomfort had settled as Ayumi had touched his arm, causing the oni to look at her as she had asked to see him. His expression tensed for a few seconds, though he wasn't sure if he could save the oni, he still owed the man a great debt considering he had saved Ayumi. If Fudo hadn't been there, Ayumi perhaps would have died before Byakuren could even begin to save her.

With that in mind, the oni had turned to look at Koki, "Please, raise your head." The oni had immediately reacted, the oni's expression becoming slightly sympathetic at the expression on the panicked oni's face. "Can you lead us to him?" Disbelief at first filtered through Koki's eyes, then an overwhelming relief as he bowed his head again to Byakuren and Ayumi, gratitude in every word he said, "Thank you, please follow me." The oni stood, turning on his heel and beginning to lead the way toward Fudo's tent. Byakuren too had followed, lingering closer to Ayumi's side as his heart was uneasy at the many oni who were praying and bowing at both his and Ayumi's feet. It... was difficult to comprehend how such reverence was being shown toward the both of them, borderline becoming uncomfortable. Part of him desired to simply retreat back into the tent they were provided, but that wasn't an option for either of them right now.

Stepping into the tent after Koki had opened the tent flap, Byakuren's nose wrinkled immediately at the smell of corruption that hit him like a brick wall. It smelled like rot, akin to the scent of Osamu's disfigured creatures, a scent so potent that even a human nose could pick it up. Within the center of the tent, laid upon a bed of furs, Fudo lay unmoving, the sound of his ragged, unstable breathing filling the still air. Even if the oni's injury was wrapped up securely, Byakuren could see where the chunk of flesh had been taken out from the oni's shoulder, and judging from the trembling in Fudo's frame, his quick healing had in fact been halted. Even now, he could see black blood staining the bandages wrapped tightly where the injury was; by all means Byakuren could see how serious the situation had become.

Stepping forward, he had crouched down near Fudo's side, seeing the oni's expression tightened in silent agony as his teeth bared in the midst of his unconsciousness, gasping for air. Koki's concern voice rang out, "C-can you save him?" Byakuren's crimson eyes met Koki's desperate gaze, then lowered to Fudo's face filled with agony, "...There is little I can do to save him. As of right now, the corruption is eating away at his skin," Byakuren's hand reached out, pointing to the edges of the bandages where black veins were beginning to spread out from the injury, pulsing underneath the oni's skin. It wasn't a good sight, Byakuren could recall that much.

Ayumi watched as Koki rose from his knees to lead them to Fudo, looking out to the crowd that now showed others bowing to them. Ayumi shifted lightly, not used to seeing oni and yokia bow to her. She had grown to accept the fact that in this world, she was an insect. Humans were far weaker and were not meant to live in this realm. To see so many bowing was odd for her to comprehend. Of course, she knew that her safety and status came only from her relationship with Byakuren. Without it, she would be nothing.

Ayumi stayed close to Byakuren's side as they moved through the crowd, her eyes landing on the tent they were nearing. She drew a slight breath as to prepare herself before entering, not knowing the condition that Fudo would be in. Yet, from Koki's begging, she knew that it would not be good. As they entered, Ayumi's amber gaze found Fudo's form as he laid on the pelts and a small gasp escaped her lips before she covered her mouth with her hand. She stood still as she watched Byakuren move to Fudo's side, stating that there really wasn't much that he could do. The happiness she had just been engulfed in was pushed to the side as her gaze raked over his battered body and the blackened veins that Byakuren had pointed out.

Ayumi shifted as quietly as she could in order to come to Fudo's head, gently sinking to her knees. Her hands reached out to gently touch either side of his head, her skin feeling the heat that seemed to be rushing off of his own. She watched his unconscious facial expressions, her heart breaking from the pain that she was seeing on his features. Her hands moved to gently brush against his hair, much like a mother would do in comforting a sick child. "Is there anything you can do to at least ease his pain?" Ayumi asked Byakuren, her gaze never leaving Fudo's features.

Byakuren's expression was grim as Ayumi asked him if he could ease his suffering. "I could if.." His eyes trailed to his own arm, the one that had previously been engulfed in Osamu's experiment that had been his source of personal torment for three years. He no longer had even a tiny percentage of the former corruption he had in his own body anymore. The only way he could see saving Fudo was that option of drawing the corruption into his own body, but he wasn't even sure he could do that anymore. His lips turned down in a disappointed frown, shaking his head, "..I could try drawing his corruption into my own body, but I doubt I can do such a thing anymore." Even if he had grown certainly far stronger than before, he had traded the usefulness of his arm for physical power.

Gently, the oni had grasped hold of the bandages covering Fudo's shoulder and gingerly peeled the bandages away, layer by layer, piece by piece until his injury was exposed. It was obvious where the yokai had gotten Fudo, the large chunk of flesh having been ripped away from his shoulder itself, no doubt he would permanently lose control of that arm if he were ever to awaken again. It injury itself seemed inflamed, the tender muscle and meat underneath being exposed and tinted with an inky black ooze that slowly flowed from the center of the injury. Truly, it was a sight that wasn't for the faint of heart. Regardless, Byakuren's hand had rested over the injury, attempting to focus as he did before to draw out the corruption, similar to when he had to do the same for Yumi's injury. However, no matter how hard he tried... it didn't seem like anything was working. There was no surge of pain that would go through his arm, nor did the injury even respond to his efforts. Instead, depressingly, it remained the same.

His eyebrows furrowed together, frustration making him close his eyes as he tried focusing harder. His mind tried reaching for any sensation that could possibly allow him to do anything to possibly help, only for an immense pain to suddenly ring within his head. Immediately, he withdrew his hand as he stared at where his skin was sizzling where it had been in contact with Fudo's skin, however there was no change. His shoulders sagged as he regained his composure, looking to Koki who was staring hopefully at the two, "...I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do. The only way to ease his suffering now rather than later, is death." The words were harsh, and certainly not what Koki was expecting, the oni's expression filling with shock and then despair as he lowered his head. It was immensely frustrating see such a sight, which made Byakuren lower his gaze to Fudo, locked within a deep unconsciousness he couldn't escape from. It would be only a matter of time before the corruption either took over his body, or he died. There was nothing he could do to help.

As Byakuren spoke of taking the corruption in, Ayumi recalled the time Yumu had gotten injured by the corruption. She looked to Byakuren, her gaze on his and then his arm. His body had been stripped from corruption when he imerged from the mirror. Would he even have access to that kind of power if it was no longer within him? And even then, would his torture begin anew again if he took this in?

Ayumi watched silently as Byakuren gingerly took off the bandage, revealing the wound and inky corruption within it. She couldn't stand the sight, looking back down at Fudo as the wound only served to turn her stomach. She kept her gaze locked on the man laying before her, though she could hear Byakuren's attempts at drawing in the corruption.

And then it didn't work.

Ayumi looked up as Byakuren apologized, stating that he was unable to help him. She watched as Byakuren explained to Koki that the most helpful thing to him would be death. Ayumi's eyes slowly shut and she shook her head. Gently, Ayumi lowered her head until her forehead rested against Fudo's as her thumbs never ceased their comforting motion. Her eyes shut once again, thinking of Fudo. He hadn't displayed a single moment of hesitation in jumping in to protect her. Because I was too weak.... Again, Ayumi was hit with fact that she was weak in this world, and due to that Yumi had gotten hurt, Minho had been killed, and now Fudo was facing death.

As the atmosphere had grown heavy with the depressing words that Byakuren had spoke aloud, the oni had turned to Ayumi and watched in silence as she had pressed her forehead against Fudo's. The oni didn't react, his breathing becoming grating as his body trembled in agony. It would be cruel to allow this to be drawn out. Byakuren had then reacted over to Ayumi, gently resting a hand upon her shoulder and saying quietly, "Do not blame yourself." He felt as if she were taking the blame for Fudo's sacrifice on her behalf. She was not at fault if the oni had willingly given himself to become her shield. If he hadn't she probably would have either been severely injured or dead. However, he did feel a tinge of remorse for not being able to help Fudo in any sort of way. There was nothing he could possibly do, not here.

"...I..Iako.." The name slipped past Fudo's lips, causing Byakuren's attention to turn immediately back to the oni as it seemed like Fudo had opened his eyes. However, it seemed as if he truly wasn't seeing anything before him, lost in a delusion. It was to be expected, as the corruption was slowly eating away at his body, the oni's mind was perhaps far gone at this point, drifting between dreams of a time long past, or reality. Koki, who had been losing himself previously in his own despair had rushed over closer to Fudo, though Byakuren had given him enough space to do so, "Fudo, Iako is no longer here." The oni's painfilled features seemed confused for a few moments, his eyes focusing on Ayumi for a few seconds before his eyelids had drooped, turning to look at Koki as he mumbled through his pain filled breaths, "..But, she.. she was here a few seconds ago, I could have sworn I-" Koki shook his head at the oni, a kind smile coming to his face to at least provide some comfort for Fudo's current confusion. This seemed to have made Fudo drop the subject, exhaustion settling upon him as he stared off into empty space, his breathing filling the tent for a few quiet moments. There was little that could possibly be said to the oni in the midst of his delusions and reality, but for now it seemed Fudo could focus just enough on who was in the tent.

"Ah.. forgive me," Fudo croaked, his eyes finally focusing upon Ayumi and Byakuren as soon as he realized they were indeed within his tent, not just a mere trick of his mind, "..If I have given offense, I sincerely apologize- Koki, please help me up?" Alarm went through Byakuren as he shook his head immediately at the injured Fudo, "That isn't the best idea, Fudo. You need to remain laying down, unless you desire to feel worse." Fudo smiled bitterly, though it was relatively weak as he closed his eyes and sighed, which made Koki relax slightly in return since the oni was uncertain whether he was to follow Fudo's desire to sit up, or refuse for the oni's own health. It was then that Fudo had spoken again, his words heavy with exhaustion, "...From the way I'm being stared at, am I to assume I'm at death's door?" This caused both Byakuren and Koki to tense, something that Fudo was quick to notice, causing the oni's expression to become as somber as it possibly could from a grimace of pain, as he hummed, "Hm... I thought so."

There didn't seem to be any anger in his tone whatsoever, or frustration. It seemed as if the oni merely was accepting it in stride. His attention shifted then to Ayumi, though his face was pinched with pain, he managed a faint smile through it all, "I'm relieved that you are safe." Of course, before he had fallen unconscious, he was filled with a strong desire to protect Ayumi. Whether it was on the behalf of whoever Iako had once been, or due to him desiring to serve Byakuren as loyally as possible by protecting his mate, it seemed like there were no regret in the oni's eyes, nor was there any hatred. Instead, there was just some calm as his head turned to stare at the tent's ceiling, the oni's expression being only thoughtful though it was interrupted by the occasional twitch of pain that flowed across his features as his injury was intensifying slowly as the seconds ticked by.

Ayumi felt a hand rest upon her shoulder as she touched foreheads with Fudo, hearing Byakuren's words following the hand. She knew that she shouldn't, and yet she did feel partially responsible for this. Not to mention that while they were having their happy moment, Fudo was fighting for his life. She did not regret the time that she and Byakuren had just had together, but now it felt as if it had just been the wrong time.

Ayumi shifted back slightly as she heard Fudo's voice. He was calling out a name, a female name. Ayumi looked down at him from where she remained as Koki explained that this Iako was no longer here. She was surprised, to say the least, that he had woken up but she was happy to see it. However, she knew that he most likely did not have long.

As Fudo looked to her, stating that he was releaved that she was safe, Ayumi gently shook her head a bit. She put on a soft smile for him, her thumbs returning to their comforting motions as he began to lay still again. "I didn't get the chance to thank you before," she offered him softly, "and I am sorry that there isn't more we can do for you." She cast a glance over at Byakuren, knowing he had done all that he could think of. Truth was, Osamu's corruption was deadly and took as freely as Osamu pleased.

((On mobile. Sorry))

"To be thanked.. that alone gives me more joy than you can know." A smile had crossed his face as his eyes seemed to glow with happiness before his body had trembled once more, noticeable weaker than before, "There is no need to apologize to me, to the woman who had brought the Demon King back into our realm, this is the very least I could do. You have given me some purpose to fulfill... even if it was brief." A cough rattled his body then, though at this point it seemed like a black ooze was swelling up from his lips, trickling down the sides of his cheeks and into the pelt below him. "M-more than that... you have given me hope."

Fudo's eyes shifted to look between the two of them, the whites of his eyes were slowly beginning to be tinged with the darkness of corruption, but there was no denying that the oni was speaking the truth, "...I had thought that there was no hope left in this realm... that my people were destined to remain adrift, protecting a sacred temple only because we were told it was our duty until we die. I truly thought the day would never come... for allowing me to be of use, I am more than grateful." Byakuren had lowered his gaze from Fudo's, unable to meet Ayumi's either. He wasn't sure how to properly receive Fudo's words of admiration and dedication. He hardly felt as if he were remotely worthy of his praise. Though the oni forced himself to meet the dying Fudo's gaze after a few moments, nodding his head to him which made the oni smile again, becoming weaker with each passing second.

"Not only... n-not only that, but you have also given me hope that us oni and humankind can coexist..." His eyes shifted between the both of them, a knowing expression coming to his face. Koki too had glanced between the two, though he didn't say anything either, instead the oni had cleared his throat as he looked down at Fudo, "Fudo, please, you need to rest now. You're wasting the energy you have left."

Fudo's eyelids slowly closed, though he shook his head, "No. I have one more thing to say... I know... I know they are to leave us soon. All I ask is that if you see a human named Iako... please tell her that I wish I could have protected her properly.. and if she is dead..." He grew silent, "...Then there will be no need to waste words on the dead. P-please, bury her then. And know the oasis shall ever be praying... for your safety." With that, Fudo seemed to slip back into unconsciousness, his breathing was far weaker at this point. Death was not so far behind.

Koki had lowered his head though looking to Ayumi and Byakuren and bowing to them, saying quietly, "Thank you both for being here... it has been an honor. I request for now that you leave, I need to.." His eyes turned to Fudo, "...I need to aid him to send him to his final rest; otherwise the corruption will bring him back as one of those creatures." Koki had raised a hand to hastily wipe away a few tears that were threatening to fall free, unable to speak further.

Byakuren's expression was grim, however he nodded his head to Koki and gently raised a hand outward to Ayumi for her to take; only once she had grabbed his hand, he would leave the tent, giving Koki the space and privacy he needed to end Fudo's suffering. However; all he could feel was his heart weighing heavy within his chest, any previous feelings of happiness or joy had been stamped out and settled upon somber reflection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back