• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Clean My Name [Original, advanced, slightly dystopian and maybe gay]

Loud_and_proud

One Delta Ten Tango
[911, what’s your emergency?]

The call has been recorded. The automatically tracked address was already in the database, awaiting verification and transmission. The dispatcher turned off the microphone for a moment and sighed to herself. What’s it gonna be this time? An ambulance? A fire-truck?

“I-I think someone’s trying to break into my home!”

Oh. Police, then. The dispatcher tapped a few keys, and the screen in front of her displayed two short lines of text.

[4357 Jonhstown Road, is that correct?]

“Y-yes! P-please, hurry!”

[Help is on its way, ma-am. What’s your name?]

No response.

[Ma-am?]

Silence.

[Ma-am, are you alright?]

Hang up.

The arrest was Sergeant Malroy’s favorite part of the job. Though this time the pleasure was considerably spoiled by the scene – cold judgement aside, it looked atrociously bloody. Two dark-red spots on the wall, suggesting the poor girl was pressed against it when the intruder stabbed her the first two times. Malroy counted a total of seven holes in her small fragile body, still warm and full of color, though a characteristic pallor of death was setting upon it quickly. The floor was one thick puddle, and if it wasn’t for the Sergeant’s harsh warning, one of his younger colleagues would undoubtedly step into it, just like the murderer did.

Oh, the murderer! Now, that was a sight: grey-skinned and grey-haired like a cardboard figure, his white shirt soaked red, hands in the girl’s blood up to the elbows, a broken nose – a little personal present from Malroy, for trying to run away. People don’t just run away with that, not on the Sergeant’s watch.

“Fuckin’ aliens,” Malroy muttered. There’s been no peace in the city ever since the Earth opened its borders to immigrants from the outer space.

The Inspector arrived just as the supposed murderer was being handcuffed and searched. There were no weapons on him, but it didn’t shatter Malroy’s confidence in his guilt. They’ll find the knife. And if they don’t – well, the guy’s an alien, God knows what kind of tricks he’s got! Maybe he grows blades out of his fingers – all six of them!

“I did not do it,” the suspect whispered, his voice shaking. Malroy chuckled grimly, glancing over at the Inspector. No matter what the bloody alien said, the case seemed clear and closed.

Was it though?

***​

The year is 2178, one hundred and thirty years since the first contact with extraterrestrial civilizations.

In exchange for superior technology, sophisticated computers, androids and a glimpse at interstellar traveling, the United Earth Government has agreed to open the terran territory for tourism and exploration. With tons of effort, wagons of money and credits from Saturn, a colonization campaign has been launched on the Moon, as well as on Mars and its satellites. Meanwhile the homeworld is at its worst, with criminal alien syndicates conducting underground wars over their areas of influence at the cost of innocent human lives. Of course, not all aliens are criminals, but general public is difficult to deal with, and manipulating people into hatred and prejudice helps distracting them from internal economical disasters.

***​

The Inspector (Your Character) is a matured idealist, one of the few who works in law enforcement to actually make the world a better place.

• Can be of alien descent, but definitely doesn’t have to.
  • Can have as many secrets/talents/vices/side-plots/connections as you can think of.
  • Can be anything you want him to be except boring.
The alien (My Character) is a shade-shifter. It’s very much like “shape-shifter”, except he doesn’t change his form but can change his color. He claims himself innocent, though it’s yet to be proven.

• Can and will be a pain in the butt, though his intentions are mostly benevolent.
  • Can and will get in trouble all the damn time, though is a smart boy and can (read: tries to) take care of himself.
  • Has a dark side. Several, actually. But you’ll like it.
The addition of side-characters and side-stories is always welcome.

***​

Hey! If you’ve made it this far – congrats, I already like you!

This is the part where I introduce myself as a person and as a partner. It’s also the part where I set some requirements. I decided to leave it at the end of the thread because it wouldn’t be polite to brag on about wonderful and magnificent Yours Truly without providing some kind of plot idea first.

Here’s me as a person:
  • My name is Loud.
  • I’m over 18 years of age.
    • I prefer my partners to be in the same age group as myself. I don’t really feel comfortable RPing with minors because some of my favorite themes are quite dark and can be disturbing for younger writers.
  • Easten European Summer Time (GMT+3 or ET+7).
    • I realize it’s not always convenient, given that most Americans are asleep when Europeans are the most active, and vice versa. But I do tend to have a lot of sleepless nights, and I don’t expect my partners to reply/post 24/7, so as long as everyone is understanding, we’re good.
  • I’m not a native English speaker.
    • Whether I’m decent or not is for you to decide.
    • Feel free (but not obligated) to point out my mistakes, especially if they get annoying or drop the quality of my posts.
    • It’s my third language, by the way.
  • I’m chill to chat with!
    • OOC chat very welcome but not required.
    • I’m a self-proclaimed memelord. Send me your favorite meme so I know that you’ve read this far!
  • Sometimes I draw my characters, but I’m not very good.
    • Sometimes I draw my partners’ characters too, if they’re ok with that. If you’re not, please tell me.
Here’s me as a partner:
  • Long replies.
    • 5-6 paragraphs at minimum, but I love and probably will write more, especially if the RP is engaging and you give me something to work with.
    • I expect roughly the same amount of text, though definitely will not go as low as to actually count lines or paragraphs. No one-liners though. Even as little as a single dialogue line can make for a decent paragraph without turning into purple prose.
    • That said, give me the purple prose! All you’ve got! I love to read the stuff, I feel like it adds so much to the setting and atmosphere.
  • Literate.
    • I mean, probably. At least I try to use proper spelling and capitalization.
    • Really though, genuinely confusing “your” and “you’re” and the like is a low-standard move for what’s supposed to be a writing hobby.
  • Darker themes.
    • The story I want to write is set in a rather gritty and unfriendly world, so it’s only expected to have an overall grim atmosphere, occasionally spiced up with cold dark humor.
    • I love to harm my characters, both physically and emotionally, and then watch them deal with the problems I throw at them. If you enjoy the hurt part in the hurt/comfort genre, we should get along just fine.
    • The comfort part is also a big yes, but more about it later.
    • Pretty much no triggers except for animal cruelty. Kill people, not dogs.
    • Other than that, let’s bring on some violence! Also drugs, thugs and psychological problems. Well, as long as it doesn’t get gratuitous, because whenever I introduce a controversial or sensitive topic, I tend to research it thoroughly.
    • Let me know about your triggers.
  • Lighter themes.
    • This is probably very self-contradicting, but we can’t go 100% fueled on angst alone, can we? Sometimes characters gotta crack a joke, share a meal and be Soft™ for one another.
    • There is nothing more beautiful in the world than two people who care about each other.
  • Romance.
    • If it happens – it happens. If it doesn’t, I won’t force it.
    • Both main characters are male, so MxM ensues, naturally. Totally okay with platonic relationships and friendship dynamics though. They can even have side romances, that’s also quite interesting.
    • Abide by the RPNation rules and don’t try to drive the story into smut.
    • Romance is an addition to the story, not the story itself.
  • Character sheets and face-claims.
    • I don’t like sheets and will do one only if you insist.
    • I don’t like face-claims either, so I’ll include a description of my character’s appearance in my first post.
  • Plot with me!
    • Plot! With! Me! It means that your character is supposed to do something rather than just react to whatever mine does!
    • Feel free to throw in ideas, twists and whatnot, with or without warning – I love surprises!
    • I’ll most likely ask you to go first with the starter, but will provide all the information you require to write it.
    • I have a general concept for the mystery at hand (intriguing drums), but it doesn’t mean that you can’t add details that will totally mess up whatever I have or haven’t planned. Improvisation is wonderful.
Thank you for reading this! If you’re interested, shoot me a PM!

I was so into it until i saw the 18+. I dearly hope you get a partner cuz this idea really does seem awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back