• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Claymore: Zero (A Claymore AU)

InsaneAsylum

The Chocobo Champion
“Did you hear? They found another corpse behind the tavern last night. Poor fool was probably too drunk to even notice the Yoma coming after him. Alcohol didn’t stop him from screaming while his guts were ripped out though.”

“Damn, that’s the fifth one in the last three weeks ain’t it? Did you hear it or something?”

“Of course I didn’t hear it! But I did hear that the elders decided it’s time to request one of them…”

“One of what?”

“A Claymore you idiot! You ain’t never heard of ‘em?”

“Well…”

“You city kids don’t know nothin do ya… I’ll tell ya ‘bout em. First of all, the Claymore hunt Yoma. Of course, they don’t do it for free. A village has to cough up a lot of coin to actually get one of them to show up. Also, all of them are women with silver eyes!”

“Hold on, so Claymores are just a bunch of women going around killing Yoma?”

“Yes, but there’s one more thing you need to know. The Claymore aren’t exactly human. They’re half Yoma. You can see their eyes change from silver to gold, just like a Yoma’s when they’re fighting.”

“So, we’re hiring monsters to kill monsters?”

“Exactly.”

------------------------------

Since you’re reading this I’m assuming I got your attention and you’re considering joining this rp! I'm excited to have you.

This rp will be based off of the anime and manga ‘Claymore’. However, the setting and story will be quite different in a variety of aspects. Do note that you won’t need to know much about Claymore to join, since this roleplay won’t involve any plot from the canon.

In this roleplay, your characters will be new warriors of the Organization. The missions that the Organization gives you will not only test you physically, but mentally as your forced to make difficult decisions. Your characters’ willpower will be tested, and they’ll make almost as many friends as they'll lose. The continent holds many secrets, many of which will be revealed as we progress through the main story line. There will be time for you to branch off with other short story lines in between the main arcs. Character development will be an extremely important aspect of this roleplay!

You must agree to follow these rules if you plan on joining this rp. I have the right to expand upon these rules at any given time if I feel the need.

Rules
  1. All RPN rules apply.
  2. Detailed posts. At least two paragraphs.
  3. Be Active! Post at least once every two weeks.
  4. PM me your character sheets for approval. Don’t post it until I give you the go-ahead.
  5. No metagaming, powerplaying, or godmodding. If you want to fight another player, decide on the outcome beforehand.
  6. Have Fun!
------------------------------

Claymore Map (1).jpg

Claymores - Claymores are the warriors created by the Organization to protect the continent from Yoma. They creating by fusing a human with yoma flesh, resulting in a half-human half-yoma warrior that can harness the abilities of a Yoma.

Claymore abilities include enhanced physical strength, speed, durability and the ability to regenerate, along with the ability to detect Yoma and other Claymores by sensing their Yoki. Normally, Claymore work alone, taking down the Yoma within their own district, unless the Organization orders a group to work together to take down a Voracious Eater.

If a Claymore loses control of their Yoki, they turn in a Yoma themselves, and will be executed by their comrades.

The Organization has always been more successful in the creation of female Claymores. Males have too much trouble controlling their Yoki, and too easily turn into Yoma.

There are two types of Claymores, Offensive-types, and Defensive-types.

Offensive Type Claymores - Claymores that fall under this category have an innate battle prowess that often helps them be more destructive on the battlefield. However, their regeneration abilities are limited, making reattaching limb and recovering from potentially fatal wounds very difficult without assistance.

Defensive Type Claymores - These Claymores have amazing regenerative abilities, allowing them to recover from near fatal wounds if given enough time. They may not have the same offensive capabilities as an offensive type, but they are often adept at the other aspects of their Yoma powers.

----------

The Organization - A mysterious group hidden from society that creates Claymores to protect the people of Sichra from Yoma. Their motives are unknown. There is one rule that the Organization strictly enforces upon the Claymore. That rule is: Never kill a human, no matter the circumstances.

----------

Yoma - Demon-like humanoid creatures that started appearing fifty years ago. They feast on human flesh, and can take on the form of a human.

Voracious Eaters - Yoma that have lived for a long time, and have eaten many humans. They are stronger and often larger than the average Yoma, and possess more abilities as well.

-Name-

Appearance: (Image with short description or just a Detailed Description.)

Personality: (What’re they like? What are their strengths, weaknesses, fears? Why are they the way they are?)

Backstory: (What was life like before they were taken in by the Organization? How did their training go?)

—————

Offensive/Defensive Type:

Special Technique or Fighting Style: (Canon abilities can be used, we can discuss this when you PM me your character. These abilities will in their early stages of development, so your character won't be a master right off the bat.)

Strength -
Yoki Perception -
Speed -
Yoki Control -
Swordsmanship -
Yoma Power -
Total - 30

-Delete Everything Below When Finished-

Strength - (How swole are ya?)
Yoki Perception - (How good are you at sensing others Yoki?)
Swordsmanship - (How skilled are you with your sword?)
Yoki Control - (How well can you control your Yoki for abilities that require fine control?)
Speed - (How fast can you move in a straight line?)
Yoma Power - (How much of a power increase do you get from unleashing your Yoki? (Max 5) Note that this doesn't increase any specific stat, but is more of a plot device.)

A 1 in a stat is barely better than an average human. 1-5 is common for a Claymore ranked in the 40s, 6-10 is in the 30s, etc...

Southern Locations

The Western Plains - The open windy grasslands of the Western Plains are home to many towns and villages. The sparse amount of trees give the land a windswept look to it.

The Lonely Spear - An odd strip of land connected to the Western Plains. People rarely go there because of the unnatural amount of Yoma residing there.

Chetvertia - The shining city of Sichra is situated between the Northern and Southern halves of the continent, on the only land passage between them. Because of this, the city keeps a close eye on who passes through. Anyone they suspect of being a Yoma is promptly dealt with through the city’s anti-yoma protocols. They do not allow Claymore to enter the city.

Eastern Forest - A large forest known for its large amount of Yoma attacks. Most only enter the forest if they have no other choice. A single village resides there.

Grimillin Swamp - A swamp south of the Eastern Forest. It is said that the Yoma gather in the swamps. Few walk out the swamp alive. Even Claymore fear the swamp.

Ikar Desert - This vast desert is home to many merchants, treasure hunters, and other strange individuals. There was once an enormous castle in the Ikar Desert ruled by an incredibly rich man. But one day, a mountain emerged from the sands and buried it beneath the desert. The few villages hear are well adapted to the sands.

The Barrens - The lifeless wasteland of the East. Only the most desperate of individuals make their homes here. Sichrans know that orphaned girls are sent East.

Northern Locations

Northern Forest - A heavily forested area of evergreen trees makes the North quite difficult to navigate. The trees grow to tremendous sizes the farther north one goes.

Frozen Plains - A desolate frozen wasteland. No one lives here or goes up here if they value their lives.

Last edited:
Imma be honest, I've had like, 10 ideas, but none of them are sticking with me. Can't find a good face claim yet.

~Anabelle, the Empty~

1634083545681.png

(Standard claymore uniform and sword, however)
Symbol:
1634083405136.png

Personality: Calm and aloof, Anabelle is hard to rattle. She's always got a sad smile on her face, and tends to keep her actual opinion on things to herself, agreeing with whatever the least troubling decision is to get through the day. Her goal is to make as little fuss as possible, and draw as little attention to herself as possible, which, with her injuries, is a bit harder to do than she'd like.

When with friends, Anabelle can be quite snarky, commenting seldom, but viciously, and her smile grows a little more genuine. Conversely, she seems at her worst when fighting, pitying opponents as she cuts them down.

Backstory: Not many opponents can say they've seen an abyssal one on their first mission and lived. Anabelle doesn't claim it either. On her first mission, she was blindsided, and shredded before she could even see who her opponent was. All she could remember was that laughing voice. And the pain. Anabelle particularly remembered that being unpleasant.

As an offensive type claymore, it seemed she was out the game as she had no hope of recovering from her many injuries. At least not to an extent that would matter. The organization was already making plans to dispose of the useless warrior before they had a strange visitor to headquarters. Anabelle herself, who asked how many survivors there were. None. With a sad melancholic expression, she asked for her next mission, despite being in tatters, and barely able to stand. Almost with a laugh, her handler sent her off, turning to the others and saying "Either she dies in the field and we don't have to worry about her, or she's useful. Either way, we table it and move to the next item on the agenda."

Anabelle managed, though with help from -Insert whatever player character wants to be involved-. Her true recovery time was nearly a year, but Anabelle at least tried her best to adapt to her new situation. She did so without complaint, with most of her pay going towards her friend who helped her.

—————
Offensive Claymore

Technique: Rending Aura
Anabelle's yoki aura is particularly rough and sticks easily to others. Using this to her advantage, Anabelle coats her sword in it, and as soon as she makes contact with an enemy, she floods their body with her yoki. When she disengages, she rips it back to herself, shredding yoki aura from an opponent. Sadly, she is unable to absorb it herself, but being blocked by Anabelle causes one to tire quickly, and increases cooldown for techniques in a subtle manner. Against Yomi, Anabelle tends to count cooldown between attacks, and wait for an enemy to fall into a pattern before disrupting it, and attacking them when they would use a technique.

(Secondary technique: Blindsight, Anabelle is forced to rely on her yoki sensing abilities and other senses to tell where an enemy is.)

Strength Yoki Perception Speed Yoki Control Swordsmanship Yoma Power Total
3 6 3 8 5 5 30

Attachments

• 1634083392158.png
    1634083392158.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
I'm brand new and have no activity on the site, but I'd like to join if you'd be willing to show me the ropes along the way. Totally understand if you'd prefer someone with some more experience or history on this site.

I'm brand new and have no activity on the site, but I'd like to join if you'd be willing to show me the ropes along the way. Totally understand if you'd prefer someone with some more experience or history on this site.
You can join! But I am curious, do you have experience roleplaying on forums already? Or roleplaying in general?

If you have questions about things just ask, I’d be happy to answer.

You can join! But I am curious, do you have experience roleplaying on forums already? Or roleplaying in general?

If you have questions about things just ask, I’d be happy to answer.
I do have experience roleplaying in general as well as on forums, simply not here. (Despite the fact that this account was apparently made back in 2015 and swiftly abandoned for other pastures.)

I suppose I should get to work on the character sheet and sending you it to review asap.

I do have experience roleplaying in general as well as on forums, simply not here. (Despite the fact that this account was apparently made back in 2015 and swiftly abandoned for other pastures.)

I suppose I should get to work on the character sheet and sending you it to review asap.
Then I’m sure you’ll fit in incredibly well, I look forward to seeing your character!

Anyone want their character to know mine? Put in my backstory somebody helped cover for my claymore for about a year while they recovered. Know we're new claymores, but seeing as we all age like Witchers...

Shit, Claymores are basically just Witchers the more I think about it, even it kinda came first (Okay, THAT timeline is confusing. Claymore started 2001, Witcher has a vague first year, depending on if you're going by books, games, or whatever.)

Anyone want their character to know mine? Put in my backstory somebody helped cover for my claymore for about a year while they recovered. Know we're new claymores, but seeing as we all age like Witchers...

Shit, Claymores are basically just Witchers the more I think about it, even it kinda came first (Okay, THAT timeline is confusing. Claymore started 2001, Witcher has a vague first year, depending on if you're going by books, games, or whatever.)
i wouldnt mind, although. Wouldnt it be better to ask this in the ooc on discord instead of the interest check?

I did really enjoy the last Claymore one!

I'm game for one of my fav underated anime. Would you like for me to make a new character though or use my previous? (I can send her CS again). Normally I wouldnt use the same character again but she was one of my fav characters I made.

I did really enjoy the last Claymore one!

I'm game for one of my fav underated anime. Would you like for me to make a new character though or use my previous? (I can send her CS again). Normally I wouldnt use the same character again but she was one of my fav characters I made.
You can use the same one if you want. Just pm her to me again and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back