• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Claymore: Warmongers

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nell responded with welcomed optimism to Alexandria's concern with the unconscious Claymore. Though her eagerness to loot the tattered homes of the deceased villagers was unappealing. "I don't think it's right to go through the dead's homes... Usually the corpses are still there." Alexandria looked away and played with her hair, "As much as I like the sight of yoma displaying their innards for everyone to see, I'm not too much for the human aspect of this life. I feel bad for them. Alexandria mentioned and turned to Melody, "What about you and your thoughts on looting?

Melody

Melody raised her eyebrow at Alexandria’s question. Her thoughts on looting were in the same area as the Organization’s. “The Organization has no rule against going through the things of the deceased, however, taking unnecessary items for personal use is prohibited.” Melody paused for a moment, before looking back at the warriors. “I won’t stop anyone from taking anything, just remember how little these people have left now.”

Melody felt bad that she hadn’t been able to keep more people alive. It went to show how much she needed to improve as both a warrior and a leader.

Nellia #43

Nellia watched Asteria as she reached upwards towards the shelf, without breaking her eye contact with the scene she flopped Amelia down on a nearby standing table, putting both her hands voer her mouth, her face turning bright red. "Oh my gosh..." She wanted to help but... the determination on her face and how hard she was trying it was...

IT WAS JUST SO CUTE!!!!

though a flash of jealousy also followed, why couldn't she be cute to... The woman sighed and slouched, turning to the left and seeing a ncie mirror reflecting her boyish looks. "...Life ain't fair sometimes loves, just ain't fair..." she cracked her neck, though not fully noticing her words may be construed to to have meaning in other conversations. She spied a nice looking sweet roll on the counter that was covered in blood, mostly, not like she could just take that part out anyways. Plucking it up she started to bite into it like a ravenous kid.

"Soph-" she swallowed before speaking again, remembering her manners. "Whats the plan? Go our seperate ways? Been awhile since I've walked in a group, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to. Seen a few others in the road but their all quiet and "mysterious" ugh, so stupid, not like we're all here to die or something, we're here to fight Yoma!"

Act 2: The Mouse and the Mountain

“Oi Elian! Get me a pint of that Yoma Blood will ya?” An enormous man boomed happily as he burst through the bar’s door. He doors swung open and hit the wall with a loud ‘BANG’! All eyes turned to the man. He had bushy facial hair, and messy curly dark brown hair. He had a puffy red nose, yellow stained teeth, and deep blue eyes. All of it was plastered onto a rough and worn face that had seen far better days. By his face alone, he looked to be in his late forties. However, the man’s age meant nothing. Standing at nearly 7’0 tall and having bigger muscles than a lumberjack, the man towered above everyone. No one dared to question or challenge the man. Ever.

Elian sighed, setting his book down onto the counter. He was a short young man, and owned the bar the giant frequented as of late. He had always been studious yet could only manage to become a barkeep.

“Yea yea, one Bloody Yoma coming right up,” Elian responded all too unhappy to oblige. “... Don’t go breaking nothin’ this time ya hear me Ark? I’ll have them witches come and snatch you away if ya do!” It wasn’t the first time Elian had made a threat like this. He often did to the big man, who had never once taken him seriously.

“Oh what I’d give for all those pretty ladies to be all over me!” Ark said, hugging the air in front of him, before giving it a kiss. The whole tavern broke out in laughter. Ark was a popular man in the town. Some say that his very presence scared the Yoma off. Since he had been around, there hadn’t been a yoma incident in months!

“Whatever you big dolt. Here’s your Bloody Yoma,” Elian grumbled, setting the red alcoholic drink on the counter.

Ark grabbed the drink, and began chugging it down in one gulp. But before he finished, something flickered in the back of his mind. “Oh, and who might this poor lass be?” He mumbled after downing the drink.

“What was that?” Elian asked.

“Eh? Nothin’ my friend! Get me another!”

————————————

“Number thirty, Melody. Not only did you successfully complete the mission, not a single warrior was slain. Good work.”

A man wearing a dark green robe sat upon a stone throne, looking down on the warrior before him.

“Yes, the mission could have gone smoother, but the Yoma struck earlier than expected. Not only that, a few warrior were late, throwing any hope a sound strategy into the marsh,” Melody responded politely. Her eyes flickered around the dark stone room. There were two doorways to the left and right of the Organization’s leader, Hauss. Melody had never seen the doors open before. Behind her, was the way out of the headquarters.

“Ah, nevertheless, all the yoma were slain. However, the fact that so few humans were kept alive bothers me to a degree, I cannot ignore the difficulty you all faced,” Hauss paused, his raspy wheezing voice echoing throughout the room. “I will be promoting your comrades. You however, will retain your current rank.”

Melody’s eyebrows raised, in interest. “May I ask why?”

“Your next mission will prove to me if you are worth keeping around… it will be far harder than your last,” Hauss answered, grinning. It was difficult to make out his features in the darkness. All Melody knew was that he was old.

“Oh?”

“One of our warriors has deserted, cutting down two of their comrades in their treachery. You will be tasked with bringing me Illia’s head.” Hauss stated plainly.

Melody looked shocked, her composed demeanor faltering. “I don’t mean to question you, sir, but I wouldn’t stand a chance against her!”

Hauss nodded. “Precisely why you will be accompanied by the same warrior you fought with before. The fact that none of you died in your last mission, either proves your strength or your teamwork. Whatever the case, you’ll need both to defeat her.”

Melody still wasn’t convinced. “B-but-”

“Silence. Your worries are well founded. You will also be accompanied by Heele. I think you know her well enough,” Hauss said before Melody could voice her worries. He knew that the woman before him was quite concerned with completing her missions.

Melody took a deep breathe. With Heele on their side, the mission may just be possible. It was too bad that Number 20 wasn’t one for teamwork.

“Now go to Ikar. That is where you will find her. Upon reaching Ikar, one of our agents will guide you and your allies the rest of the way,” Hauss commanded.

Nodding, Melody turned and headed off for the next mission. Having familiar comrades by her side would be comforting no doubt, but this time, she wouldn’t be the one in charge.

————————

“Surely they won’t be so senseless as to send anyone after me here of all places. Simply having him nearby should protect me for the time being… if he doesn’t decide to kill me first…”

A petite figure wrapped in a brown cloak walked warily through the roads of an Ikarian village. A long cloth covered object was slung over her shoulder with a leather strap. To the people here, she would appear to be a simple traveller, but to those capable of sensing yoki, she was a witch.

The cloak covered figure entered an Inn, approaching the front counter with their face hidden by the cloak’s hood.

“I’d like to buy a room please. I don’t know long I’ll be staying, so I’ll pay for a couple weeks if you don’t mind,” the feminine voice spoke.

Behind the counter, a bald man shot the woman a suspicious look. “Hmm I don’t much like the look of ye’ miss. I don’t sell no rooms to no troublemakers and no Chetvertians, ya got that?”

The woman shook her head, and pushed back her hood, revealing her face. “I assure you sir, I’m no troublemaker. I’m just a weary traveler. I messed up my back a tad on the way here, so I’d like to rest up well before heading out. I can help out around the place if you want as well. I’m from Vigallo, and my grandfather lived in the capital before he passed away. I can’t bear to stay in O’Dellek before we bury him, so I plan to stay here.”

The bald man shrugged, his cheeks turning red upon seeing the young woman’s soft round face, and shoulder length blonde hair. Her eyes were closed though...

“Alright, alright, you’ll get your room kiddo. What’s yer name then eh? Also, what’s wrong with your eyes? Can’t open em?” The man asked, taking out a pen and paper. He still had a suspicious look about him. The girl before her awfully reminded her of those witches. But no yoma were around, so why would one be here?

“My name is Illia. My eyes haven’t worked since I was a child. I’ve been blind nearly my entire life,” Illia lied. “Anyway, thank you in advance. This should be enough to cover a few weeks, right?”

Illia placed a large sack of coin onto the counter, eliciting an audible gasp from the bald man. With wide eyes he opened the bag, peeking inside. “Y-yes, this is plenty! You needn’t give me it all however!”

“I insist that you keep it. After all, I won’t be needing it.”

With that stated the man grinned, taking the sack of coin before him. “Your room will be up one floor and at the end of the hall.” He paused for a moment. “Would you like me to help you there, miss?”

Illia shook her head. “I’ll manage just fine, thank you.”

The man shrugged once again, and placed a small key in Illia’s hand. “Take care then love, you’re welcome here as long as you like.”

Illia gave the man one last nod before heading off to her room. Opening her sharp silver eyes as soon as she was out of his sight, Illia let out a sigh of relief. It had been risky, but she had managed to get a hold of a place to stay for the time being. Now all that was left to do was to see if the Organization would risk waking the Mountain to silence her. If only her comrades had survived to be alongside her...

——————————

Not far from the Capital City of O’Dellek lied Walnut Town. It was an odd name for such a town, since there were no walnuts to be seen for miles. Nonetheless, the town was surrounded by farmland and prairie grass, and was home to nearly a thousand people. Being one of the few established towns in Ikar, the town was connected directly to the captual by a dirt road. The dirt road cut through the center of the town, before continuing on towards Vigallo, and splitting off towards Chetvertia.

Tallgrass Inn was situated in the center of Walnut Town. The meeting place the warrior would be led to was situated on the edge of town, as to not attract to much attention to themselves. They were to meet just after the sun had set in an old abandoned barn. Waiting to lead them inside would be the same dark cloaked man as before, except this time, he seemed to have a hint of glee in his eye.

Inside the barn, stood the ever punctual Melody. She leaned against a support beam, staring up at the ceiling. She looked as calm and composed as ever.

Acros from the tall warrior, another warrior lay atop a pile of old hay. She had short blonde hair, and pointy features. She grinned to herself, her eyes closed as she lay with her hands behind her head. Her name was Heele, and she was a up and coming warrior who was quickly rising through the ranks, eager to become the best. Melody detested her, but did well not to show it.

Syvvaris Syvvaris MocaPoka MocaPoka Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

Alexandria parted ways with the rest of the group shortly after Melody had left. She went of to wander since she had no where to be, but the next town to the north seemed a nice idea. She was able to whittle three idols of a Dog, Cat and Mouse before she reached the small town and her beloved and mysterious man in black cohort made contact with her. She was usually excited to see one of the many men in black because it meant she could kill Yoma, otherwise without his show she would have tried to befriend the village by helping out with odd jobs.

"I'm glad to see you! Where are the yoma that I get to kill?" Alexandria asked the man.

"I guess I'm the bearer of bad and good news. The bad news is that there are no yoma for this one, the good news is you get to work with those you have just left! Now be off to Ikar and find your leader names melody, number 42." He said with a surprisingly cheery voice. This man in black was not one who usually talked to her, but he did say her rank was higher than usual.

"Wait... 42? You mean I was promoted! Oh, such happy days. Here, with the gift of good news, take these idols. Maybe you know some kids that will like them." Cheerfully, Alexandria handed her handmade idols to the man and skipped off into the distance. Though once she was out of eyesight and earshot, the cheerful face diminished. 'If there are no yoma and he gave no hints of awakened beings. It must be another Claymore, this is not a happy day or a mission that I want to take on." She thought to herself and punched a large dent in the closest tree at the revelations. "Claymores did not kill my parents, yoma did and yoma are the ones who deserve to die."

Whether Alexandria liked or disliked the mission, she was expected to go and finish the mission. At least most of them were cheery folks, though she never did get to really fight with any of them. She wondered if they could keep up with her aggressive fighting style, or since most of them were higher ranked than her, could she? Well, it was something she would have to deal with when they started their mission. The first thing to do was to get there!

Many days went by and Alexandria finally arrived at the meeting place. She was lead by the very same man in black from before, this time he seemed slightly intoxicated by his smile. Though once she spotted Melody, Alexandria rushed towards her to greet her and forgot about the strange men that told them what to do.

"Melody, how are you doing? How were your travels?" She asked energetically.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum MocaPoka MocaPoka Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

Amelia was in a nearby lake as she noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye.

"Hmm, resourceful as ever. I don't recall a recent request for soap, #35, Amelia, the Scorpion."

Amelia was tempted just to stab the man, but she couldn't hunt Yoma if she was dead...er.

"You'd be amazed what Yoma carry. Some of them almost seem human."

That shut him up, and it made Amelia grin a bit. She had a lot of hypothesis of how Yoma were made. She had the feeling the Organization needed far fewer than her, but as long as her killing them was in the immediate future, she supposed she didn't care. All claymore were already dead, every day they used was as a tool for that one purpose. Pulling a strand of hair out of her braid, Amelia flinched as it caught.

"Ow..."

Finally untangling it she remembered her contact was still there.

"I take it you're not here to congratulate me, what Yoma is next?"

"Ever diligent. Well, sadly, not a yoma, but a traitor warrior."

"Don't care then. I'm here to kill Yoma. Ever. Last. ♪One♪."

"Hmm, yes, quite diligent. Well, you do know you'll get no more requests until after you finish this task. So if you really want to kill yoma, I suggest you complete this quickly. Look, its even with friends, the same group you were completely your last task with."

"Great... Well, at least I get to see that cutie again! Fine, I'll do it. I'll need a new suit though, that one's ruined."

"Already done, we heard about your... slip-up. Do try to be more careful, I'd hate for you to end up dead."

"Will do."

"Oh, and, not making any accusations, but it might do you good to observe what happens to any warriors who go rogue."

"♪Will do!♪"

================================

Amelia arrived actually one time. It looked like she'd learned her lesson, or was repentant on her actions last time. And then she started scouting out the nearest woods, and one might notice her cape seemed a little... heavy.

Spotting Melody and Alexandria, Amelia skipped up to them, like a little school girl, as if going to old friends.

"I don't know any of you! Hmm. And here I was hoping I'd be working with that cutie, Asteria, again. Oh well, to be fair, not like I pay attention to things like rank or who I'm working with. Maybe we have before, maybe we haven't. I just care about killing Yoma. Sadly my contact said none of that until we butcher this one. So, might as well. Oh, and I'm Amelia, the Scorpion."

Amelia observed each warrior in front of her. Specifically their hair. Thinking for a minute she reached for an ornament in her hair, then decided against it. She already hated them. Too stiff. Not that her cheshire grin faded any. Amelia's hair was oddly clean. She'd literally spent hours and so much soap washing out blood last time she should hope it was clean. It was her pride.

#37 Asteria
“Hey, are you really a witch!? My dad said they were scary, but you’re not scary!”

“She has the sword! Look, look! It’s almost bigger than she is!”

“Is it true that you drink blood and your eyes change color!?”

“Are there monsters around!? Is that why you’re here!? Can we watch you kill it!?”

It was her worst nightmare… a group of human children that wouldn’t leave her alone. She had tried glaring, drawing her sword, even muttering a grumpy “I’m busy.” However, anything she did just seemed to excite the small humans more. She knew she should have taken a less trafficked road but her happy thoughts regarding her promotion and newly made friends in the Organization had distracted and betrayed her. Now they circled around her as she marched down the road, asking random questions all the while.

“Hey, hey! Can I touch your sword?”

Asteria began letting a small amount of Yoki flow into her legs. She readied herself for a jump and a sprint away from her harassers, but stopped when she spotted a tall figure in black approaching from down the road. She stopped her march and the humans stopped their dance around her as they spotted the figure as well. Apparently, the Handler was far more intimidating than her as the children scampered off when he stopped a few feet from her.

“Number 37, a new mission… Ikar, Walnut town… you will hunt a traitor with a group… questions?”

“No.” With her stoic orders and reply given, number 37 continued pass the inscrutable Handler towards her new destination. She did in fact have a question but knew it really didn’t matter to the Organization or Handler. Was this a new group or her newly made friends? She hoped it was the latter.

---

Walnut town didn’t have walnuts… Asteria was disappointed with that revelation and wondered whether all the Walnut trees had died out.

As the small warrior approached the edge of town she spotted another figure in black and was soon led to an old barn. The sun had set as Asteria entered the rotting barn, inside were four Warriors, three of which she delightfully recognized.

“Melody, Alexandria, Amelia! I’m happy we get to meet again so soon!” A smile bloomed across the witch’s face as she took in the sight of her friends. “Oh! I was able to wash the blood off of the hair pin you gave me Amelia. It took a little work though surprisingly.” Her hand came up to her hair and rested fondly on the said hair piece. Asteria’s eyes soon drifted over to the Warrior lounging on a pile of hay smirking to herself. She didn’t recognize her and wondered if Melody or this new Warrior would be in charge… she hoped it was the former.

#43 Nellia

She got promoted, but even with the two numbers she rose, Nellia was still largely unknown to the general pub- Well... Actually she was unknown to everyone. hell it was only the organization and (some) fellow claymores that even remember something about her existing! It was like no matter what number she was she barely showed up!! She had to do something that would make her more memorable, something like... Maybe a cool hat?

With a feather! A big feathered wide brim hat!!!

...Wait.. Would the organization think that was bad?

it was just a hat... Maybe she could hide it when she was on business... The woman sighed as she plodded her way down the road, thinking about this as she turned around a bend, coming face to face with a man in all black... Wait, WHY COULD HE HAVE A HAT AND NOT HER!?

This wasn't right!!!

Ugh... he said something about a village of walnuts or something and a traitor that needed a beheading, she didn't fully listen as her focus was more on jealousy and the man's hat. "Fine fine I'm heading out..." she grumbled, the explanation over, she grumbled her way down the path and ontowards her new destination... Well.. Only when she realized she had to turn around and that she passed through it not two days ago. Stupid, so so stupid!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nellia continued to ignore the very same dark clothed man she met before and outright kicked the door open, the robed man stared all the while in slight disbelief. "Have no fear, Nellia is here! How are you ladies doing- OH HEY IT'S YOU GUYS!!!" Nellia rushed up to the group of now five claymores looking like a dog that finally got to see it's friends again after they had been gone for a total of 3 minutes.

"Hows it going Amelia still got that lovely braid i see!-

Asteria! Hows the cutest claymore ever doing~? Sword is still a little bit to big for yea huh? You'll grow into I'm sure~!-

OOOH! Hi melody! we talked for like three seconds last time how are you!? Where have yea been? Gosh it's cool to work with you again!

Oh!!! Somebody new! Who are you? i don't think I've met you before~! I'm Nellia! Number 43 at your service!" Now, her giddyness was not only because she was excited to meet them again, but to make certain people REMEMBER HER! Nothing pissed her off more! Ugh, if only that hat wasn't so damn expensive she could've gotten it!!! Maybe she should grown out her hair? It never turns out well though, it grows like sheeps wool!!

Guess she should actually listen to her friends rather than think of ways to look different again huh...?

Melody

The tall woman gave each of her comrades a warm smile as they entered, happy to see their familiar faces safe and sound. However, it was obvious how tense the warrior was. Her shoulders were drawn back slightly, and her brows were slighty drawn in. It was the exact opposite of how she was before. Her relaxed and knowing demeanor was tainted with worry.

“I’m doing fine, Alexandria. I’m just a little... stressed,” she responded slowly. Stressed might’ve been one word for what she was. Melody took a deep breathe, before looking down towards the short haired warrior laying in the haystack.

“Everyone has arrived,” Melody said glumly.

——————————

Heele

“Took ‘em long enough! I’m ready to find the dumb bitch that thought she could go around killing her friends! After I kick her ass, I’m sure to get her rank too, so no one better interfere!”

Heele rose from the haystack as she spoke, barely glancing at the warrior assembled before her.

“I knew that I was being assigned with weaker warriors, but I didn’t think you’d be THIS weak! Don’t get in my way alright?”

Melody spoke up. “Can you please explain our current situation? We haven’t time to waste.”

Helle nodded. “Yea yea I was getting to that! You’re always so uptight! Anyway, the bitch is hiding in Walnut Town, and she hasn’t made an attempt to flee yet, so we can assume she plans to fight us. And by us, I mean me. I can’t have you fools taking any credit for this kill.” Heele was obviously very serious about killing the traitor.

“So we’ll spread out across the village, locate her, and then I’ll take ‘er out, understand me?”

Heele looked across the weak and pathetic warriors in front of her, waiting for their answer.

“And in case you were wondering, I’m Heele, number twenty.”

MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo

Amelia simply smiled sweetly as her friend appeared, this was going to be a good mission. Then the bitch started talking. Amelia never did care for numbers, or power, and this woman, Heele was it? was every reason why. Warriors had a common goal, and all the competing for rank would just get in the way of anything actually being done. Yawning, she approached the warrior, and drew her sword.

"You know, I've never been one much for rules or ranks. And I can tell after a comment like that, the rest of the warriors here must be chomping at the bit to prove you wrong. I'd be awfully inconvenient for that to happen in the field.

I know! How about a quick game so you can prove your the best to everyone, and I'm sure they'll follow you without hesitation. I'll even start sprinting away to find out traitor, and call louder than anyone else if you can win real quick. See, I'm #35, but I'm awfully weak. Why don't you prove to me without a doubt you are number #20? Just a quick spar. I'm sure someone of double my rank could do it in a flash. Hell, I'll back you up if anyone else has any questions if you can prove yourself."

With her trademark smile unfaultering, Amelia shot Asteria a quick look as if to say with her eyes:

Watch this, it'll be fun.

Amelia knew she was about to hurt, there was no way for her to 'win' a spar, but her target wasn't Heele's body, it was her ego. It certainly seemed large enough.

Nellia stared at the women as Heele made herself known to be THAT type of claymore. Oh yea, those, she certainly really disliked those, those who seemed to think that they were tough shit and subsequently get their asses killed the moment after they start a hunt with her. How many times was it? 3? Bugger me each time it's always because they weren't watching their backs! But then again, why did she survive each time while they fell? because she was smart.

And they generally don't CHOOSE smart people to be claymores!

SHE was smart enoguh to not like herself become an egotistical brat addicted to having the rumbling down below dictate her usage of yoki! Plus she was relatively lucky to be honest.

But hey, maybe this time would be different, maybe this time this one will have a turn around and survive!

maybe this time- And Amelia is trying to provoke her already.

"Amelia, maybe we shouldn't be trying to start a fight from the get go eh? shes strong enough from a look at her, if yea wana see her in action why not just wait for the hunt huh?"

Melody did seem quite stiff after she admitted to being stressed. ”I’m sorry to hear that, but I think I can relate. Hiking all the way here was kinda annoying…” Alexandria replied before a familiar face showed up. She blantatly exclaiming her ignorance to who either of the other Claymores were. ”If you weren’t sleeping when I slayed the last Yoma. You would have known us, Amelia.” Alexandria softly commented, ”I’m Alexandria, the one who landed the final blow to the Yoma, with Melody’s help of course..”

Shortly after Amelia introduced herself, Asteria and Nellia showed up shortly after Alexandria’s comment. She greeted each of them kindly, but most of the other women’s attention turned towards Asteria. Not wanting to force herself into the spotlight, she stood there and smiled softly until Melody introduced the woman in the straw. Her tone, speech and composure gave the impression that she was confident, arrogant and selfish. Though Alexandria did not much care for fighting another Claymore, with her hatred firmly isolated towards Yoma. Melody’s annoyed tone was not left unnoticed by Alexandria.

”I understand now why you are stressed. I wouldn’t want to work with her either.” Alexandria stated before Amelia boldly challenged #20. Nellia did try to calm her but Alexandria walked over in front of Amelia and in between the two. ”Amelia, I’m sure we all want to go and kill more Yoma instead of hunting another Claymore. Please let’s just do what Heele says and we can just be on our way. Okay?”

#37 Asteria
Asteria puffed her cheeks out in mostly pretend annoyance at Nellia’s comment on her sword being too big for her. ‘You know we don’t grow anymore…” she muttered in “annoyance.”

Melody seemed very tensed, a stark contrast to the easy going nature she displayed in the last mission. It became apparent why when the unknown Warrior rose and spoke. She was number 20; most Warriors would agree it was a ranking worth respecting and acknowledging as a capable Warrior, except for those in the single digits likely. Number twenty's attitude was more common than her new friends more liberal ones; she was confident, arrogant, and competitive. They were to locate the traitor and let her deal with them. It seemed a sound plan to Asteria.

After the orders were given Asteria gave a professional nod and moved to begin the search. However her friends did not like the new leader’s attitude; Amelia demanded a duel, shooting her a look that seemed to say to let her handle the situation. The others asked for the challenge to fall; Asteria herself was simply conflicted. On one hand number twenty gave, perhaps rude, but still valid and proper orders… but Amelia was her friend…

Frozen in fearful confliction her eyes darted back and forth between the two Warriors in the standoff. If number twenty wanted to punish Amelia it would be well within her right. Would Asteria just watch when that happened? What if number twenty really hurt her to enforce discipline? It was against the rules to kill another Warrior… but she didn’t want to see Amelia beaten within an inch of her life!

Melody & Heele
#30 & #20

Melody had seen this scene before. A warrior didn’t like Heele’s attitude and tried to out her in her place. The only thing different is that Melody had no clue was Amelia was trying to accomplish with her offer. There was no time to be fight just before a mission, and Melody knew quite well how her close friend could act when riled up enough.

“Oh? Alright then, don’t blame me when you die then,” Heele spat back, the corners of her lip curling upwards. The seasoned warrior knew she was at a disadvantage since Amelia already had her sword drawn. It didn’t matter though. Heele was confident in her speed.

But before Heele could act, one of the other weaklings stepped between her and her victim. She was trying to defuse the situation, a smart move, Heele thought, however boring it was. Her hand had been rising to grab her blade, but Heele let it drop to her side. With a satisified grunt, Heele shouldered her way past Amelia and Alexandria on her way outside. The place smelled bad anyway.

Melody approached Amelia. “If you waste any if your energy today, Amelia, you will likely die. Were you not informed of our target’s ranking?” Melody asked, as she followed Heele beckoning to the other warriors to follow. She then spoke loud enough for everyone to hear her clearly.

“Number 12, Illia,” Melody stated, as she stepped through the doorway and into the view of the rising sun.

As soon as everyone was outside, Heele spoke again, having changed the plan a bit again.

“Alright, little girl, you’re coming with me. Try to keep up. We’re heading to the village’s center so I can get to the target quickly,” Heele said to Asteria, assuming that such a weak looking warrior had to be good at sensing.

“Tomboy and Melody, you two take up a position near the inn. Not in or on it. Near it, you think you can do that? Our target could be staying there” Heele said accusingly.

“Knife-girl and Big braid, you two weakings can stay out of the way by the bar. If the target tries to escape, I’m hoping she’ll come by you two so be prepared to distract her a but so I can kill the bitch,” Heele explained, the smile returning to her mouth.

“Everyone got that, let’s go!” Heele said, taking off at a quick dash towards the village. Upon reaching the edge, she leapt atop a building, leapt onto another, and then hopped doen to the village square. Heele had moved fast, just slightly faster Asteria would be be able to comfortably keep up with. “Tell me where the target is. You should be able to sense her a bit even if she’s supressing her Yoki. Asteria might notice a slight Yoki reading emanating from the inn. There was something fuzzy in the bar too. It was almost the same a Yoma’s yoki, but different. It might’ve just been Alexandria and Amelia’s yoki though.

Melody turned to Nellia, gave her a nod, and dashed towards the inn. She was slow, but was still fast compared to a human. She stopped a building away from the inn, and eyeballed the front of it. Being so esrly in the morning, very few people were out, and if they were, they went back inside right away.

The bar was closed and quiet, only two people were inside. One was knocked out drunk, and the other was cleaning up, and complaining loudly. It was a pretty ordinary town, but it lacked walnuts.

#37 Asteria

Asteria let out a breath of relief as the situation ended without spilt blood or broken bones. Number 20 left grumpily and Melody gave Amelia a slight lecture; explaining that there was no leeway to waste energy on infighting. They were going after number 12, Illia. Someone they couldn’t hope to match one-on-one… even number 20 would likely need at the very least backup against such a high-ranking number, even if she didn't admit it.

The group of half-monsters left the barn and number 20 gave her orders to follow her towards the center of the village… well she gave the “little girl” orders to follow her. Asteria instantly followed them, and walked to the highest rank’s side. Asteria was actually quite pleased with this arrangement, she wouldn’t have to worry about number 20 getting upset with one of her friends and punishing them now.

As number 20 took off, Asteria followed with slight difficultly. It was expected that such a higher ranking would be faster than her; the small Warrior did her best to stay just behind the leader and show no signs that she was uncomfortable with the pace. The pair leaped from building to building before hitting the village square. Legs slightly fatigued and breathing slightly heavy than was natural through her nose she responded to Heele’s order by closing her eyes and focusing.

Extending her unnatural senses, she felt the flows of energy in the town; searching for the feeling of a Warrior’s trying to hide. She found it easily; a slight source of Yoki from the inn. It surely couldn’t be anything but a Warrior trying to lower their Yoki; the attempt at concealment almost making the signature more obvious. There was another feeling… a fuzzy one in the bar… a Yoma maybe? Strange, but not important to the mission. They had been tasked with getting the traitor Warrior, not any stray Yoma in the village. There was no reason for this group to care about it unless it got in their way.

‘She is hiding in the inn, trying to suppress her Yoki.” Asteria opened her eyes, look up at Heele, and informed her leader after a dozen seconds or so of concentration.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Luckily for the both of Amelia and herself, Heele left before the aggressor tried to swing a sword. Alexandria, herself, didn't like arrogant attitudes either but the rank of twenty is far higher than any of the higher thirties and lower forties. Heele was probably better at swordswomanship herself, which from what Alexandria has seen. She was the best swordwoman in the group. She let out a sigh of relief and walked out of the barn shortly after the small Claymore and the abrasive Claymore left. "Amelia, let's go." Alexandria called out and briskly walked towards the bar. There were few people out at night, and Alexandria didn't want to provoke any rash action by rushing towards her assigned spot. Assuming that Heele guessed incorrectly and the Ex-Claymore was hiding in the bar. She all knew that her sense of perception was what she could see, hear and smell outside of her sword's reach, even then a Claymore suppressing her yoki might alude her detection.

"So... Amelia. Why did you try and fight Heele? She is number twenty, and you passed out fighting a slightly strong Yoma?" Alexandria asked her compatriot in genuine curiosity.

Ganryu Ganryu

Amelia gave a depressed sigh as the drama broke up, orders were given out, and people followed them all. They were no fun, not letting her play any of her reindeer games. She supposed she was in the land of the dead already. As she walked behind Alexandria, she listened the question without so much as her usual grin.

"Oh, she would cream me, there is no question to that. However, she didn't look too bright, and I was planning on exploiting that a bit. I told her to prove her number to me. I was going to steal her insignia during the duel. How could she prove it to me then? I don't have to dominate her body, just crush her massive and fragile ego. She's a little too eager to climb the ranks. Imagine the look on her face when she gets made a fool from a lowly #35... I mean, a lowly rank. Either way, I'm a little rebellious, I'll admit.

Then again, this mission isn't important to me in the least. I couldn't care if this Illea ran straight past me. I just gotta put up a good front for the organization. Really, I just want to kill yoma. ♫I'm going to slaughter them all. Butcher them. Garrote them. Eviscerate them. Kill enough so their numbers won't grow again. Yoma's all I care about. ♫

I don't really have mercy for this Illea either, she's currently interfering with said hunting of Yoma as well.

Still, you do realize Heele is throwing us out the way, right? We're slower than whatever number 12 would be. She could literally run past us. Cardboard cutouts would be just as effective as what we'd be cutting off an escape route. ♪Well, at least we get to see a bar♪"

Amelia's sensing, being only slightly higher than an average humans, didn't see anything wrong with the bar. Other than it was closed. That was a damper on things. Then again, Amelia wasn't one for conformity. She knocked anyways.

"Yoohoo! Two beautiful ladies right here. ♪You sure you want to stay closed?♪"

She'd get called a Silver Eyed Witch again probably, but hey, fear, interest, both were excitement, same result.

"So, Alexandria, don't really know you, but assuming you were that scary as hell yoki I felt last mission. I can respect that. Offensive type as well?"

Amelia's optimism sure was a key point in her personality, thinking that she could teach someone a lesson while getting pummeled. "I'm not sure that's how that works. That's just a plan to be beaten worse." Alexandria commented softly. Though Amelia's views on this mission was the same as hers. Alexandria did not want or care for fighting another Claymore and this mission was a waste of time. "Your voice is pretty, and I agree with you. Except I do not believe it would be right for either of us to simply let her go, without feigning to fight at least. It will also mean we have to give chase which can last weeks." Alexandria paused for a moment, "I don't know why we are trying to take on a number twelve with this group. We are all vastly under powered versus her."

The two Claymores had arrived at the bar, but it was closed. Which in of itself was odd, since bars tended to be lively during the night. Alexandria's rebellious comrade knocked on the empty bar. She piqued her head to the side when Amelia asked her if she was the scary Yoki around last time they were together. "I'm not sure if I like being called scary, but from what I saw there weren't any real strong Yoma last time. I also get carried away when I fight. Like you I want to slay every last yoma. Brutally, surgically, messily and slowly." She started to breathe a bit faster in excitement from a small day dream of slaying yoma. "But yes, I'm an offensive type. I want revenge on the yoma. How about you? I didn't get to see you fight, I use these dirks in conjunction with our Claymores."

Ganryu Ganryu

Nellia #42

Now Nellia wasn't the smartest girl, but she was more than certain this shit wasn't over. And likely she was gonna be a survivor here again. Maybe things will turn out okay though? She was with Melody! Melody would make certain everything went smoothly. Right? Right.

"Wait crap where was the INN?- Melody wait up!!" Nellia rushed off to try and catch up with the woman, her kinda ditsy mind trying to catch upw the whirlwind of activity. She just hoped everything would go okay, maybe the traitor would surrender peacefully? Maybe they would catch her by surprise?

"Mel! What do you think about this? Are we gonna be walking into another shitfest or this gonna turn out well? Cause I'm hoping for the latter, I mean I so know this is gonna be the worst day for our lives for awhile but still.

Girl can hope right?" Her optimism was, while somewhat foolish, tempered through the level of shit shes been tossed into so far. Hoping things went well, but preparing for the worst... She'd survive in the end, thats what she knew...

#35, Amelia, the Scorpion
(Normally don't rapid post in between a round, but figure this is mostly conversation)
Amelia did giggle slightly.

"Oh, would have hurt, but I have the feeling my body heals faster than Heele's ego. Also, I have the feeling my fighting style answers that. You see, I LOVE to play the damsel in distress card. It throws my enemies off guard pretty quickly. I want to finish a fight with as little effort as possible, so I take them off guard, and then... hehehe."

Amelia controlled her hair slowly, her braid rising up and coiling as if to strike, it then fell limply back.

"I'm called Amelia, the Scorpion for a reason. Sure, some Yoma hide is near impossible for anything but a claymore, but the thing is they have more than just hide. If they are off-guard, they can't protect their eyes. Their throat. Their mouths. Their joints. And seeing as my sword is generally 'disarmed' when I'm a damsel, they rarely expect to get impaled. Or in Heele's case, have her emblem severed faster than she can follow. Might be tempted to rip out her throat, but doubt it would do any good against her rank.

As for as my type, considering my abilities and my hatred of Yoma, I'm sure you can figure it out. I don't care about survival in the least. The way I see it, we all gave that up the moment we decided to become warriors. We're the dancing dead. Might as well have fun while we dance, because we'll never come back to life. We'll never be anything but silver eyed witches, hunters of yoma, monsters. And I'm fine with that. It's the price I pay to kill Yoma. In fact, as far as I know, I'm the only claymore who's not an orphan. Both my parents are in Herrin. I'm not sure organization knows but never seemed that important to me, so doubt its important to them."

Sighing, Amelia knocked harder, the doorframe splintering with spiderweb-like cracks slightly.

"You're probably right though. If I hate this assignment now, I'll hate it more if I have to spend weeks doing it. As for fighting the number twelve, the thing is, except for #1, crazy bitch, six warriors should be able to take on any other number. Well, five warriors.♫ Calling it now, Heele either ends the night without a head or with more holes in her than a porcupine.♫ I just hope my little Asteria's fine, she's a fun one. So if we fight, goals to delay until everyone's here. She outpowers us, but we outnumber her, and I'll have the feeling seeing as we've found her town, we outthink her too."

Heele’s eyesbrows rose as Asteria seiftly located the warrior’s yoki. She was better than she’d thought. That damned Melody had found herself some good weaklings, despite being one herself. It was too bad...

Heele brushed the irrelevant thoughts away, and turned to Asteria with a smile.

“Eh? The inn huh? That’s our target then! Let’s get goin then eh kid?” With that said, Heele didn’t wait for the small warrior. With a burst of Yoki, Heele took off towards the inn. She drew her blade as she ran, licking her lips in anticipation for the promotion she’d receive after this was all over.

With Asteria now standing alone in the town square, she might find a few eyes peeking out of windows to take a look at the miniature claymore now that the scary one was gone. There were a few whispers about how such a small person could actually be a monster, much less carry around those big swords.

——————————

~The Inn~

“Two nearby, and one approaching fast. I’ll have to act faster... the sun will begin to rise soon.”

Suddenly, a robed figure came crashing out of the inn through a window. They landed lightly, and dasked straight for Melody.

Melody was about to answer Nellia’s question when an armored foot nailed her in the side of the head, sending her sprawling to the ground, stunned momentarily at the sudden shock. Her claymore had yet to be drawn.

The robed figure turned to Nellia, and dashed straight at her. The dark brown robe covered the individual from their head to their knees. What was visible was white cloth and the shiny armor all warriors wore on their lower legs, revealing that this was no doubt the warrior in question.

—————————————

~The Bar~

“Goddamnit you idiots we ain’t open right now! Go get drunk somewhere else!” An angry voice yelled. Quick loud footsteps grew louder and louder, until the bar’s door was roughly pulled open. A short man with angry eyes and a book in his left hand stood facing the two silver eyed women on his doorstep.

For a moment, he didn’t process what was happening. Two cute looking girls he hadn’t seen before were on his doorstep at this hour. His brain than began to put the pieces together. Blonde hair, big swords, white clothes, silver eyes...

“I-.... I- uh.....” The man was at a loss for words, frozen in place as his life began to flash before eyes.

“Eh? What’s goin’ on ‘ere? Where’s my damn booze?” A low voice bellowed out with annoyance. The large man sleeping within the inn, had been awoken by the extra hard knocking, and perhaos the yelling as well.

“Eh? I smell more Yoma blood,” the man grumbled, rising to his towering full height. “One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six... six more of them...” He turned to gaze at the two pretty ladies at the bar’s front door.

“You two should come in and ‘ave a drink! It’s not everyday I get to sit down with pretty youngins like yourselves... aye, last night’s drinks got me head aching like a split skull!”

The man wore a simple brown shirt under a tan coat, and darker brown pants. He was a huge man, if he was one at that height.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris Ganryu Ganryu Orikanyo Orikanyo

Nellia #42

"By the way melody your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS can I brush it someti- OH MY GOODNESS!" her mouth was motoring off regardless of melody's answer, but cut short when her partner was kicked into a heap none to far away from her. "Oh boy, now THAT was rude! Seriously who taught you manners a Yoma!?" Nellia's blade in her hand faster than a blink of an eye, her stance becoming tense and solid as she braced for impact, using her sword as a barrier for the incoming attack.

He also was prepared to pivot, her frontal defense was sturdy enough, she had many opponents try and dance around her but if anything she was crafty enough to keep her mvoements quick and short so that her stance isn't ruined. A off balance turtle was a dead one after all!

"Coulda just talked this over like reasonable folks yea know. No reason to hurt good old Nellia yea?" she talked alot some might say, but in truth it was Nellia's way of staying clam(calm brain, calm), plus there was many times in the past shes scored a lucky hit cause an enemy was caught up talking back. Guess it was something about her voice that made yea want to chatter back... At least she had that.. Nothing else really drew the eye.

Last edited:
#37 Asteria
Asteria felt a warm rush of accomplishment flood her chest as Heele seemed surprised and then happy with her sensing abilities. She was however disappointed as the stronger Warrior called her a “kid” and then rushed off towards the former Warrior. Slightly surprised at number 20’s sudden burst of speed Asteria hesitated as humans suddenly seemed to come out of “hiding” and started whispering about her stature and weapon.

Looking around herself nervously, Asteria hoped the human’s wouldn’t get brave enough to exit their homes just to bother her with questions. Her silver eyes widened when a new feeling from the hidden Yoki hit her. She wasn’t sure, but it felt like the aura had suddenly spiked slightly and moved rapidly. Asteria poured Yoki into her legs and rocketed off towards number twenty. Shouting when she was within ear shot. “The target’s Yoki spiked and moved! She might be trying to get away!” Asteria drew her sword and ready herself to provide whatever meager support she could to the far stronger Warrior.

Alexandria nodded attentively to Amelia's words. It seems as if she was much like herself, but significantly more reckless and nihilistic. Amelia and Alexandria had similar fighting still with the one thing that sets either apart from the rest of the Claymores. Amelia uses her hair to go after the weak points, Alexandria uses her dirks, though her dirks seem more usefull in more situations. However, there are two big differences between the two. Alexandria does not think herself as weak and would never play a damsel in distress. The organization put her through hell and molded her into a weapon to fulfill her revenge; and Amelia used it as a ploy to get a chance opening. The second was she valued life, especially herself's. For every yoma killed meant dozens if not hundred of lives saved, and through this servitude of hers, it made the world a better place.

"I see we have a lot of things in common, I know a few yoma whom my dirks were not able to pierce their hides. Luckily their hides don't cover their entire body." She said with a soft smile, "Though I think you should value your life more, maybe think about how many more yoma you could kill rather than put yourself into dangerous positions such as a damsel in distress. I'm sure by your question earlier, you can tell I can't keep but give off an aura of strength against them. I want them to know that they have no chance when they fall to a little girl whose parents were killed by them." She commented and stood behind Amelia while she knocked. "If our training didn't give some of us weird powers such as your hair. Yes, I would believe we could out number any other Claymore with six, but that is not the case. We don't know what she can do, maybe she has deadly hair as well."

A short angry man opened the door and it seemed his anger subsided by the sight of Amelia and Alexandria. No doubt at first it was because they were women, then because they were Claymores. He tried to stutter before a person in the bar ordered more booze. It was a quick deduction for Alexandria to believe this man to be the owner, though a towering man inside caught her eye. She didn't hear him grumble anything, but smiled politely to his offer of joining the two men in the bar. "I'm sorry to bother you gentlemen, do you happen to have anyone else in the bar? We're looking for our friend, I'm sure you've seen someone like us around here?" Alexandria asked. She didn't want to walk directly into a bar with just the two of them, not because of the two drunken men but because they had a job to do and asking simply was faster.

Ganryu Ganryu InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

#35, Amelia, the Scorpion
"Sorry, friend, but I don't take advise from a corpse. If a meteor fell on me right now, who would care? The Organization could replace me in a month."

Turning to the bar owner, Amelia beamed. She was obviously enjoying the man squirming at the two witches appearing.

"♪Thank you very much, I could use a drink~!♪ I'll pay double for discretion, we witches don't get to drink much. Its been so long since I've had a good time. How about some rum? Haven't had the heavy stuff since.... Well, that's not important, we witches are immortal aren't we?"

Amelia was having too much fun flirting with the bar owner. Confusing them was fun because regular people never knew how to react. Interest? Disgust? Both? The fact Amelia was a fairly new claymore was something he didn't need to know, she could be centuries old for all he could tell. However, the other one's comments in the bar did not escape her notice. She grabbed Alexandria's arm, and literally tried to grab her in. Amelia made her way to the towering man.

"Yoma smell pretty dirty, don't they? Why I try to get perfume whenever possible, the smell of the blood I get on me's so gross. Takes soooo much shampoo. Sadly my sense of smell's pretty bad. As is, and don't tell my friend here, my sensing of yoma period. ♫Perhaps if I buy you a drink, you could point us towards where some of them are?♫ It'd be awfully embarrassing for me to walk away empty handed. I'm curious how a human can find them, hell even better than I can, but I find people like their secrets, so I won't ask. ♪Infact, I'll forget all about it after a heavy drink.♪ Hear that, Mr. Bar Owner? I could REALLY use the heavy stuff. A bottle to go if you don't mind. And one for my friend...s."

Taking off her cape, Amelia reached towards the top off it, and revealed a secret compartment, opening up a coin pouch stuff with cloth to be quiet. She threw a sack of it towards the bar owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back