• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Classic Fairy Tales, with a Twist

JessicaCohen

Hello there. I'm interested in doing RPs based on classic fairy tales, but giving a unique twist. So far, here are a few ideas I've come up with:

Beauty and the Beast: Vampire Romance-In many ways, the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast, but the Beast in this case is a vampire lord and Beauty is trapped in the castle with him. A dark, gothic take on the tale, one likely destined for a sad ending.

Beast and the Beauty-A gender-bent version of Beauty and the Beast where the Beast is actually a woman cursed with unappealing features and the man is beautiful and saves her from despair.

The Once and Future King-In the end of the old legends of King Arthur it was said that Arthur is supposed to return some day to be king again. I'd like to do a post-apocalyptic roleplay where Arthur does, indeed, come back. We can divvy up any number of characters from the original tales as needed.

The Snow Queen-The story on which Frozen was (loosely) based. The Snow Queen is the very spirit of winter itself, and the shattered remains of a cursed mirror made by the Devil are causing evil to rise in the realm. Those who have a piece of the cursed mirror in their eyes see ugly things as beautiful, beautiful things as ugly, good things as bad, bad things as good. The realm is threatened by the shards of the cursed mirror. There's a multitude of things we could do with this plot.

I'm open to other suggestions if you have ideas for other fairy tales you'd like to try out. I am also open to FxF versions of the romance aspect of any of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back