Class: Political Powers

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
c61a25355eafcac50863964daec4da60.jpg

Class: Political Powers

A man, late 20s, straightened out some papers as he sat nervously at the desk in the front of the classroom. His brown hair was styled in a no-longer-fashionable bowl cut, and the silvery Commonwealth badge pinned to his lapel glinted sadly under the fluorescent lights.

This was agent Harry Holden, and this was the second damn time that Director Chernov sent him to be a substitute teacher at Facility 108. Wasn’t the first time bad enough?! The community service children were awful! Sure, the food bank was sorted out in record time, but – the children! They weren’t interested in a single thing he said to them! No passion for science or history, and by the time the van returned to the facility that afternoon, every single person aside from him was fast asleep, including the driver. And how dare Red accuse Harry of causing a potentially fatal accident! It wasn’t his fault the driver was unreliable! And it wasn’t like Red got hurt when the van ran him over – he was galvanized, he was fine, Director Chernov said so!

Harry sighed, and waited for the bell to ring. He always preferred lectures over field work.

OOC
This thread is for students who are currently taking the Political Powers class. Only students who have signed up using the Class Enrollment form are permitted to participate without question, otherwise please PM me if you'd like to join in.

Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png

The door was slightly ajar, enough to see a teacher at the desk at the front of the classroom, but not quite enough to walk in without opening it wider, which made Manami nervous. She wasn't sure if this was the right classroom or not, and she didn't recognize the teacher. She thought she was scheduled to take Collateral Damage and You with Mr. Aaron Mallory (the large and blurry Aaron Mallory, not sweet old Mr. Mallory, who smelled of fish and was actually called Allen McNabb) but she wasn't sure. Manami was seldom sure of anything to do with her classes at 108, though she was beginning to suspect that part of the problem was the chaotic nature of the institution itself, and not just her limited English proficiency.

In any case, as there was nobody else around to ask, she would have to steel herself to bother this young teacher with the odd haircut. With a tentative push at the door, she stepped into the room, offering the reflexive ritual apology for disturbing the status quo:

"Shitsure shimasu! Anno... I look for CD & Y class... Are you teacher? I am Manami Hamasaki. Nice to meet you."

julianaheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15uay.png

2015_07_23_754024editsmallend_by_necessity4fun-db15unh.png

People Around: A cute teacher with a bowl cut and Fish-girl! Who I've seen before...?
Interactions: Gus Gus and welian welian

--OOC Notes: ((So, I finally did this. Yay? Also yeah long intro, but also, the shortest one with her so far XD Enjoy your hyper Brazilian!))
'without feet neither a head' (Sem pé, nem cabeça) - A (intentionally bad) literal translation of a Brazilian expression equal to 'with neither head nor tail'--

Meeting people is always so exciting!

Boredom. The teenager's bane of existence, the one and only thing she simply couldn't stand.
Juliana groaned. There is no way this calendar was wrong and neither was the post-it. Political Powers class, AKA: Snoresville, was scheduled for today. Another groan. If she was going to fall back asleep anyway, couldn't she simply stay in bed instead of putting wasted effort in a stupid task?
The girl could, she would, if it wasn't for the post-it pasted on her mural, that said '2'. This would be the third time in a roll skipping that very same class?! Had anyone noticed? Where they keeping track of her absences? Would them call a responsible about it?! Had she even attended PP before, or was only basing her expectations out of things she heard from the other students? The Brazilian couldn't even recall that, probably not. It just sounded so damn lame to bother!!

Still, if the AEGIS system was anything like High School, not showing up today too could get her in trouble. Even more, because it was way too obvious she wasn't coming on purpose. It was one of the few classes she didn't care about at all. Like, what was the premisse again? Something with powers and history and, meh, she didn't fucking know, there's politics in it?
Ugh, this must be a joke. This is what, a repetition of Philosophy class? Oh for fucks sake, first time had been enough and complete bullshit. Juliana swears no one was understanding a single word of that woman's lessons, also, that she was probably high as fuck. She had to! The arguments were without feet neither a head, there was absolutely no connection between the subjects, and her test questions were several shades of weird, with a spoon of confusing and another of ambiguous... Huh. Hopefully, Political Powers will at least make some sense.

By the time the teenager got up, 9 AM had become 11. Wishing twitter 'Good Morning' before anything else, she started getting her belongings and clothing ready. Since there was no option other than going, she would at least make herself presentable, even if it was just to pretend she cared at all. In the record time of 45 minutes, including the bath, the girl was ready. There was not much to do with this weather, so a simple match of a T-shirt, jeans and a jacket would have to do.
Marcelo in the kitchen seemed to be running against the clock. It was clear he had overslept. Once lunch was done, Juliana simply sat down and ate peacefully, as the man dashed around the around to get ready himself. She would have paid more attention to her cousin, if she wasn't so interested in complaining about today to her followers already. Oh look at that! People were agreeing with her about how stupid Political Powers sounded! Victory~~!

Dang, they were ten minutes earlier. Marcelo had left in such a hurry he had forgot to wish her goodbye at all. Poor man! He had been so focused on the road that he hadn't replied to any of her complaints during the car trip, merely rolling his eyes at her. See? Even her 2nd grade cousin thought this sounded like an absurd class to attend to. And he rarely agreed to her on anything! Wow, Juliana didn't think she would live to ever see that happen...!

Taking her time in the corridor and staircase, the Brazilian girl slowly made her way to class. If it was bound to be boring, then she didn't want to linger in there even a minute longer... Or so she had decided, but the voice that came from inside instantly reminded her of those action cartoons her friend Yasmin liked to watch. Ohh, how exciting! Forgetting all her worries about PP class for a while, the teenager entered the classroom cheerfully, powered by her newfound curiosity:

"Ya-ho!", the girl let out, raising her hand, "How is everyone in this fine afternoon? I wasn't so sure myself but then, I couldn't help but notice this very interesting voice from outside, coming from this very same room and I HAD to come see it! Because it was interesting, obviously.", the girl chuckled to herself before stopping to make a comment, "Huh, Now that's a shame, the classroom isn't that full yet and I finally decided to come and make it fun... Heh, their loss~"

"So, you're the teacher, huh?", Juliana leaned her body towards the man sitting by the table, "I gotta say, that's far from what I imagined from this class description. 'cause ya know, you're rather...young~", she teased him with a wink, at last straightening herself, "Dude, we're probably of similar ages! Don't you think that's weird?!"

Her cellphone beeped, briefly taking her attention out of the two in the classroom. She took it from her pocket, swiped to unlock and took sometime with it. After a couple more swipes and typings, the girl finally locked the device again, but kept it in her right hand, as she engaged the other person in the room:

"Oh! I see...d? saw? you before somewhere! I...think? Pretty sure I did, just can't remember when... See, You'd hope I could remember something like that, but nope! Aaaaaanyway! Hi there, I'm Juliana. And you are?", the Brazilian motioned to the other, still holding the device, "Also, was it you speaking cartoon language just now?", she leaned a bit closer, "I need to know!"

Last edited:
Manami Hamasaki
stingray.png

Manami almost jumped out of her scales in surprise when the other girl burst into the classroom. For just an instant, she bared her teeth and assumed a fighting posture. As quickly as it had come, the oni was gone again. Manami felt ashamed for reacting like that. Luckily nobody seemed to have noticed her lapse of control.

This girl was clearly friendly and not a threat. First she was friendly to the room at large, then she was friendly to the teacher, standing very very close to him indeed; almost hug-begging territory, then she orbited back to Manami and was friendly at her in particular. The girl's friendliness seemed to positively radiate off of her like sunlight off of the water in the late afternoon, almost uncomfortable to withstand. And the whole while, she kept talking a steady stream, a rush of words like a hurricane, making Manami's head spin. Was she even speaking English?

She was only picking up about every fifth word, and the sense of her monologue was lost. Only near the end did anything register for her to respond to: a direct question! Though sadly, not one she understood. She blinked twice, head bobbing up and down apologetically, and after a long hesitation she tentatively volunteered a very small

"Sorry? Whato iz Car-toon language?"

julianaheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-db15uay.png

2015_07_23_754024editsmallend_by_necessity4fun-db15unh.png

People Around: A cute teacher with a bowl cut and Nemo (Manami), who haven't told me her actual name yet~
Interactions: Gus Gus

--((I have always been dying to use the message BBCode for something! The only way this could be better is if it was capable to change the bubble colors +O+))

-> "Aqui vou eu pedindo ajuda aos universitários... Literalmente." = "Here I go asking help from
university students... Literally" [It's a reference to Brazilian TV game-shows, which became an expression that I couldn't find an English equivalent for. It means to ask for a third's party help to answer a question/solve a matter. Normally, a previously not involved third party.]--

NAILED IT!!

Overflowing with expectation, Juliana didn't move away from fish-girl -Fish-girl? Nah, she needed a better name for her... Oh! How about Nemo?! Works for now!-, Juliana didn't move away from the other not even an inch. The Brazilian had locked her gaze on her, disregarding everything else in the room. If the teacher decided to respond now, not a single word would make through.
Luckily, he didn't and this disposition didn't last much as well. As soon as the girl's cellphone sprang to life with a new notification, she flipped it one handed -quite an amazing feat for the size of the device- and started swiping happily through the colorful screens. Juliana still didn't move, but was clearly glancing back and forth through her classmate and her phone now, trying to be discreet, but completely failing the task.

And then, finally! A faint reply could be heard, but not an answer...
The teenager's smile fell slightly. Dang, now she's supposed to know something about...uhhhh something!, since she made that stupid question!! With a rather long low 'ooooohhh' that lasted a couple seconds, Juliana tried recalling anything that could help her with this task:

"Oh. You know... Uh. That thing...with the 'Ariga-to's and the 'Onegai's and the 'Hyas!' and the swords and uhh, the 'Aishite-ru's...?", okay, this was not working, time for plan B, "Now, what was it called again? Hmm..."

The Brazilian pretended to be lost in thought and quickly, side glancing at it, opened up a chatting app -whose location she knew pretty well- with just a few touches on her phone's screen.

"Aqui vou eu pedindo ajuda aos universitários... Literalmente."

Swiping her friend list down she found exactly who she was looking for and JACKPOT! They were online! With her finger dancing through the keyboard, not carrying at all about mistakes or the annoying auto-correct, Juliana relayed a SOS message across the continent. The dots indicating that the other was typing didn't take long to show up:

Yasmin
me
Oi Jas é a jí
me
Eu sei que eé meio do nada mas vc lembra aquele treco que vc assite?
me
QUAL O NOME MESMO?
me
oops caps lol
them
Jas? ji?
me
*Jú
them
Aaah, isso explica o Jas
me
plz é um caso de vida ou morte!!!! :deadopenmouth:
them
Anime
them
Sortuda vc, tô quase na aula nesse horário, sua mulher louca.
me
Hhe, vc me conhece!
me
:P
them
Infelizmente...
J: Hi Jas this is Jí
J: I know iit's kinda suddenly but do ya remember that thing you wach?
J: WHAT'S THE NAME AGAIN?
J: oops caps lol

Y: Jas? ji?
J: *Jú
Y: Aaah, that explains the Jas
J: plz it's a life-death matter!!!!
Y: Anime
Y: Lucky you, I'm almost at class by this hour, you crazy woman.

J: Hhe, you know me!
Y: Unfortunately...

Back from the texting conversation that didn't last more than a few seconds, Juliana looks back at her classmate, very calm and confidently repeating the answer she had just been given:

"...Anime.", making it sound more like 'Animy', since she clearly doesn't know how to pronounce it right.
Well, at least the girl looks proud of herself now...?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread