• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

DapperCharmer2.0

The Charming Llama
It was late New Years when Cade and his little sister stood in the back yard, Cade holding his little sister up so she could see through the telescope. "Wow," she gasped in amazement. She always did love looking up at the stars, it was a fascination not matched by many other 7 year olds. "You were right, they're all in a line. I didn't think they could do that,"
Cade chuckled softly, "they usually can't, which is why tonight is so special. This hasn't happened for 4,000 years."
His sister gasped again, "that ages ag...ag...." a yawn interrupted her thought, causing Cade to take her away from the telescope. "Speaking of, your bed time was ages ago. Time to get you to bed."
His sister tried to argue that she wasn't tired, but gave up and the two went inside.

Meanwhile, in the deepest pits of Tartarus, Kronos was chuckling happily in his cell. It was loud enough that one of the guards knocked on his door. "Hey! It's time for lights out in there!"
Kronus approached the door, "oh I know precisely what time it is. It's time I left this wretched place."
The guard laughed, "good luck, no one escapes..." Right as the guards spoke, the planets all aligned and, for a brief moment, time drew still. At this moment Kronus felt a surge of power flow through him; enough to melt open the door. Seeing this the guard froze, unable to finish his words. Kronus just grinned as he summoned his miniature scythe, using it to remove the guards head. He continued grinning as he made his way to the exit.

Hours later, on the surface, an old man sat alone; he was manning his news stand. Though he wasn't alone for long. Kronos and a group of giants, he'd freed from Tartarus, approached. "Oracle," beamed Kronos, "what a surprise bumping into you here.
"You know that's not true for either of us Kronos, so why don't you cut the fat off this conversation and tell me what you want," the Oracle growled, his meal of Sushi interrupted.
"Never knew for pleasantries, oh well. I won't bore you with what I have planned for the Gods, since you know already what it is. But I need to know, what stands in my way?" the Titan asked.

The Oracle paused, then took off his glasses. His eyes glowed bright blue as as orb of energy formed in his hands. In the orb was the silhouette of seven people. "Seven mortals, teenagers, are what stand in your way."
The Titan scoffed, "mere mortals stand in Mt way, don't waste my time with such foolishness."
"No foolishness here, my visions never are. They will stop your plans, mark my word."
Kronos paused again, "and what of the gods?"
"They know of these 7. As we speak, they make arrangements to hide them from you."
This made the Titan chuckle, "then there's still time." Turning to the giants, he made his orders, "find these mortals, kill them before the Gods find them." The giants nodded and began their search. Kronos took one more look to the Oracle, before walking into the night.

TravisBM TravisBM Argead Argead mysteryxio mysteryxio SilverFlight SilverFlight Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

"Ayo come on son. You cannot tell me you just gonna sit on that wall this whole time. Jiji you gotta get some more energy my guy. I gotta make this new vid my man."

There were two youths currently residing in a little alleyway. It was rather quiet if not for the occasional sound effects coming from a gaming device. For the fourth time in two minutes, the standing lad was chastising the one currently laying upside down and gaming away. Seeming to enjoy the screen more than the other's company. Who of which he didn't even look up at before responding as he was grinding to hit level fifty.

"Slacker Code #56: One shall not stop grinding until hitting a number easily divisible by five."

The other youth simply sighed hearing that. Why did he always have to be like this? He was the only guy he could find from the usual group, and he really needed someone to hold the camera. Why did he have to leave the tripod at home? Right...dad was using it for family pictures and he wanted to avoid another conversation about responsibility.

"Whatever bruv. What did ya think about our convo from last night? If we can get a teacher on board then we can mask it as a school club sorta thing. Just think of all the things we could do for fun, and get credit for at the same time. School year is gonna be starting soon, and we need get on top of this stuff soon my guy. Trust me on this Jiji. The vibes in the air are brewing like a big thunderstorm, and i'm the metal pole of innovation ready to be struck ya feel?"

By that point he had stood up, and spoke more with his hands than his own words. Which finally caused the other youth, known as Jiji, to finally put his handheld device away and look up at him in a reverse position. Rolling his eyes as he kept his balance before kicking off the wall to flip into an upright position. Just that bit of effort made him yawn, and consider laying back down. But the other man would likely get angry again.

"Whatever you say V. You make the plans, and I'll just roll along with 'em."

Such was the dynamic between the two since they met last year. Simply due to the fact that Vincent was assigned to pass along the missed assignments Hajime would need to finish. And a bond had been forged between the two who likely wouldn't have met on any other occasion. But now they sat arguing like only best friends who got the other could.

"Whatever ya slacker. You'll see Haji because this is gonna be our year. We'll be the breakout stars, and I'll hit a smooth hundred thousand. And like that we ain't gotta work, and only need to follow where the beat takes us. Now before you sit anywhere close to the ground get your phone out. You got the better camera dude."

Thunk.....Thunk.....Thunk

Chris grunted with effort after each swing of his bat. While it wasn't by any means a extreme workout, after a while practicing like this brought on the effect of his arms starting to lose feeling and that familiar lethargic feeling that is associated with endurance training. Chris had been at this for two hours now, just hitting a finned ball attached to a tetherball pole via a bungee cord and not much else in the mean time. If asked the male would call it simple batting practice but deep down Chris enjoyed this sort of practice because it helped clear up his head and help him think. Well that, and take out some frustration in a healthy way.

Between nearly getting kicked off the high school baseball team over an argument, and a not so subtle rejection; it had not been a good day. Chris readjusted his stance and as the ball swung around the pole for the final time before becoming completely wrapped, put all of his remaining strength behind a swing. With a resounding Clonk the bat connected with the ball sending it spinning back around the pole before breaking loose and sailing off into the distance towards the tree line. With a groan of dismay Chris lowered his bat and rested for a moment, knowing full well that if he didn't want to pay for the third replacement that week he would need to at least retrieve the wayward ball. "Why can't anything be made for quality anymore?" Chris grumbled before gently lowering his bat to the ground and striding towards the woods and the direction where he believed the ball to have flown.

The skate park was deserted. Just the way Page liked it. The hockey net she'd swiped from the kids across the street was set up at the top of a quarter pipe just above the central bowl. Page was dribbling the little orange hockey ball idly from edge to edge in the bowl, batting it up and catching it on her stick. In-lines had gotten too simple, so Page was using her board, practicing the maneuvers she needed to line up the ball just right.

She met the air at the edge of the bowl and took the shot. The ball flew into the goal and Page heard the satisfying 'whoosh' of it hitting the net before her board connected with the concrete again. She rolled back with a broad grin from under her helmet. Light poured from four massive six-bulb flood lights that covered the skate park, the hockey rink and the baseball diamond and batting cages just beside it, but the entire park was lined with trees, obscuring the view to the streets beyond.

"This needs tunes." Page said, and threw the shuffle on her skate playlist, slipping her phone into her back pocket.
The first riff of ACDC's "Thunderstruck" began to echo in the lonely park and Page started to build up momentum, rolling back and forth until she could jump clear of the bowl. She rolled up the quarter pipe, used her stick to help her dodge the net while stealing the ball back from it. Page juggled the ball on her stick while rolling backwards down a slope and up to the top of a spine. She balanced there for just a moment and slid down the other side.
She was moving fast now, her heart picking up speed as she went. Page lost herself in the momentum and the music. The stairs came up almost out of nowhere.

"Oh sh--" but there was no time to think, Page leapt, kicking her board into aileron roll and sending the ball flying into the air as she did. Time seemed to slow down. She punched the air with her stick in both hands.
The board hit cement, Page landed with only a little falter, turning the board into a full stop, and as the ball came down she caught it on the flat of her stick.

"Wooo! Heck yeah!"

Asaad sat on a nearby bench watching people as they went though there daily lives. Nearby Bronx was laying and chewing on a bone. Asaad leaned over and scratched the ears of the somewhat lazy dog who was far more interested in the prize in his jaw. This was one of those rare moments where he couldn't find anything to do and it was torture for him. He needed something while he waited. Closing his eyes he started started to see the musculature of his dog. He saw the blood vessels and bones as he moved his hand over Bronx's body. While there were those that would've been appalled by what they saw he found it strangely comforting. It helped to calm him. To this day he wasn't sure what the power he had was but he didn't really care. He was happy to have such a talent that no one else did.

"Asaad!" a voice yelled at him jolting him from his activity. He saw his sister running towards him. A look of excitement on her face as if she'd been gone for weeks instead of minutes. "I found this really cool bird but when went to go get you it flew away."

"Aw that's okay. Why don't you draw me a picture when we get home?" Truth was that he wanted to leave soon as their mom would likely scold him if he didn't have his sister home before the sun set.

"Yeah but it was so shiny and cool looking and you know that I'll never make a picture as good as what I saw."

"Now don't talk like that, doesn't matter what you draw I'll love it all the same." He took her hand and Bronx's leash and they began their walk home.

TravisBM TravisBM
The quiet alley was suddenly filled with the sound of movement. It started out quiet enough at first, easy enough to be confused for a stray rat. Then the movement got louder, now clearly coming from the corner. Defined bigger than a rat; maybe cats? Then came hissing. Consistent, frequent, very serpentine hissing. It was hard to guess what could cause that sound, but out hear such a thing was unlikely. But unlikely seemed like an understatement as four very large seroents, each with four pointed horns, began slithering towards the two boys.

Argead Argead SilverFlight SilverFlight
The ball would be found a decent distance into the forest, a small clearing surrounded by tress. The ball remained stationary....until it bounced. No it wasn't just the ball. Twigs and rocks bounced as well; the ground was shaking. The shaking got more extreme with each moment that passed; something big was heading towards Chris. The trees ahead began to shake even more before suddenly they were pushed to the side by a pair of giant hands. They were making way for their owner, a huge giant that was twice Chris' size. Its eyes zeroed in on him and it roared before charging. The roar was loud; enough so that it could be heard from the skate park nearby.

mysteryxio mysteryxio
Suddenly, came the sounds of a shriek from the sky. Above, flew several large birds. Each seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, as if their father's were made of metal. They all suddenly shrieked as they dove towards Asaad. As they drew near it was clear just how big they were; the size of a large dog. The first swooped him, barely missing with its razor sharp claws. It flew back up to join with the others. But not a moment after, another bird began to swoop.

Chris had just reached the ball and began to reach down for it when he noticed it jump into the air, not quite enough to hit the boy in the forehead but enough to most definitely be noticeable. Chris was so enthralled by the ball that he barely registered the trees shaking behind him. After a few moments of this Chris frowned and then shrugged when the ball seemed to come to a stop where it was on the ground and picked it up before hearing a loud crash behind him and turning to see a large humanoid figure burst through the tree line and rush at him in a rapid fashion. The male stared for a few moments slack jacked before he finally managed to collect himself with a yelp and attempted to dive out of the way of the rushing monster.

Page was air-guitaring on her hockey stick after sticking that landing, ACDC still pounding in her ears, but as she rolled her board to a stop the roar rose above her music, and she felt the ground shake.
"What the..." She turned to the noise and her jaw dropped. She had to do a double take, blinking hard and looking again. That was either a real life giant, or else the doping had gotten a lot more serious for this season's play-offs.
In either case that whole situation was a whole lotta nope. Page turned to get her back by the side of the park, but something made her look back one more time, and that's when she saw him. The boy. The boy nearly getting flattened by the giant's gnarly foot.
Even as she turned a voice in her head was screaming at her.
Uh, safe is the other way! What the heck???

But Page ignored it. She picked up her board and ran for the batting cages and the diamond. The giant had missed the boy looked like, he got clear, but Tall Dark and Ugly was still very much focused on him. Page could help with that. The ball she had was hard rubber, weighted more like a puck than a field hockey ball. She tossed it up in the air and drew back for as hard a slapshot as she could bring.
The blade connected, Page heard the satisfying crack echo across the park. The ball soared straight for the giant's head.
"Hey! Bigfoot! Didn't your mom teach you to play nice?"

Argead Argead DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

"Ayo bruh. Turn that hissing down on your device man. Shit sounds creepy."

The hissing was starting to get to Vincent as he passed the phone back. Clear confusion on the face of Haji as he held his phone. And turned the volume all the way off, but he wasn't anywhere near snakes in his game. But even with the sound handled...the noise didn't go away.

"Uh. No need to alarm us both. But that wasn't me dude. Think it might the old hobos rat from before. It did get loose last we checked."

They both nodded. Said hobo was always known to have some freaky animal in tow with him. Though they all went missing before having to be found. On account for them just being bigger than the average population. But if they did find it, there was a sweet reward of fifty bucks for it. Why did he always seem to have this cash and not spend it on himself? Well that was something you clearly don't ask someone on that stuff.

But out of nowhere there was a gang of vipers that came out. Ready to dash all hopes of the matter being a simple payday. And yet they still didn't know if they would have preferred the rat or not.

"You thinking what I'm thinking bro?"

Times like these is how heroes are made. And the greatest stories always begin with fighting off unlikely odds before the mentor swoops in to save the day. Two snakes per each lad to engage in honorable com...they're running aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back